Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 442141 times)

Offline goo-goo

Re: Haken v. Virus (now July 24th)
« Reply #4550 on: July 22, 2020, 10:59:12 AM »
Thanks! I too prefer the hardcover over digipacks.

Burning Shed is probably going to ship from the UK though plus it costs more.

I have also used this store www.importcds.com

https://www.importcds.com/search?q=haken&mod=AP#!?pagenum=1&sortby=AvailabledateNew

The mediabook version is available there but it's on backorder.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #4551 on: July 22, 2020, 11:57:15 AM »
Strangely enough the CD has been available at a music store near me (Boucherville, Quebec) for a few days.

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #4552 on: July 22, 2020, 01:13:59 PM »
My Vinyl+CD+Shirt arrived today :hefdaddy

Ordered from omerch.eu, shipped July 17th

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4553 on: July 22, 2020, 01:43:29 PM »
Thanks! I too prefer the hardcover over digipacks.

Burning Shed is probably going to ship from the UK though plus it costs more.

I ordered my Mediabook from Burning Shed and after shipping, it cost me approximately $21.68 after conversion from GPB. Funnily enough, Virus cost a bit more than Vector did when it came out, as I looked at both of my orders from Burning Shed. I spent about $3.86 more for Virus than I did for Vector (prices after shipping).

Anyway, I trust Burning Shed and have ordered from them for YEARS, typically because they'll sometimes send a postcard featuring album artwork, which may or may not be signed by the artist themselves (my Haken Affinity postcard has the whole band's signatures!), so those are fun extras to receive. Also, they'll always carry the Inside Out EU versions of the album, which are sometimes mediabooks where the US version might only be a digipak, and like you faizoff, I also prefer mediabooks. Having the mediabook for Virus was a no-brainer after Affinity and Vector! Now I wonder, was there a mediabook version of The Mountain?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #4554 on: July 22, 2020, 01:51:37 PM »
Do you guys think the mediabook edition will be like the one for Vector? I'm thinking of getting that edition. It looks like only laserCD is selling it.

Regarding the itunes talk, it's a software designed to make YOU conform to it rather than the other way round I felt. You CAN'T get stuff from your phone or ipad unless they are photos. Everything else needs to go from Computer--> iPod/iPhone/iPad. You can technically get stuff from your device but it's a pain.

I hated organizing things in that thing, but having said that, it makes things super easy for people not like me which is the rest of the population lol.

Amen!  I can't stand iTunes because of that very reason.  With other mp3 players I used to have, it was as simple as plug in my divice and move files too and from without any intermediary software to complicate things.  ipods are great devices, I just can't stand the software.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4555 on: July 22, 2020, 03:01:29 PM »
I've gone through three Creative mp3 players and they were a breeze to setup like you said, they were just like USB drive when you plug in the computer and drag and drop files.

Similar thing with the Note 8 phone I have, drag and drop. For PC playback I use JRiver Media Center as it has the playback audio quality that I like plus it can organize my media according to whatever way I choose.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #4556 on: July 22, 2020, 05:44:06 PM »
Totally.  I know supposedly Apple products are supposed to be super easy to use, but my experience has been the complete opposite.  Maybe it's because I've tried to jump platforms and maybe it's a lot easier if all you own are apple products and they only need to interact with each other.  But try to use it in conjunction with a PC?  Forget it!  But android works like a dream.  I guess I'm just too used to using a PC.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4557 on: July 23, 2020, 06:22:40 AM »
People are going apeshit about the new album in the Haken Haven FB group :lol (some of them hate the album with a fiery passion).
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4558 on: July 23, 2020, 07:43:57 AM »
People are going apeshit about the new album in the Haken Haven FB group :lol (some of them hate the album with a fiery passion).
Only a handful of people, but yeah it's the same as with Vector. :lol

EDIT: I guess this means Haken is a "big" band now. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4559 on: July 23, 2020, 07:54:10 AM »
You're doing a fine job with calming them down, and being reasonable with them.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4560 on: July 23, 2020, 08:07:31 AM »
Just saw Ross doing an unboxing of the album on FB, including the transparent yellow vinyl, single disc jewel case, and double disc mediabook.

The media book looks perfect next to the Affinity and Vectormediabooks, as Ross slotted it onto his CD shelf at the end of the video. Can't wait for mine to arrive!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4561 on: July 23, 2020, 08:12:20 AM »
That was a cool video, I wish I was into Vinyl in only to get the enlarged artwork. The mediabook looks like the Vector one which is what I'll be getting.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #4562 on: July 23, 2020, 08:22:20 AM »
Why is Amazon Germany telling me that shipping is postponed to 28 July?  >:( >:( >:(
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4563 on: July 23, 2020, 08:26:13 AM »
Why is Amazon Germany telling me that shipping is postponed to 28 July?  >:( >:( >:(

Because there's a disruption in the supply chain.  It's a global pandemic thing.  :justjen
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #4564 on: July 23, 2020, 08:43:34 AM »

Sounds funny, is it readable without an account?
I enjoy the album immensely.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #4565 on: July 23, 2020, 08:58:03 AM »

I was thinking that too! ;D I mean, in terms of popularity, it's always a very good sign for any musician/band to have people complaining about the new album versus old ones. No doubt, their fan base is increasing :tup
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4566 on: July 23, 2020, 09:14:57 AM »

I guess so, see if this link works.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HakenHaven/

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4567 on: July 23, 2020, 09:15:12 AM »
Thanks man, I've had about 15 years of practice from every single DT release here at DTF, so. :P

Just saw Ross doing an unboxing of the album on FB, including the transparent yellow vinyl, single disc jewel case, and double disc mediabook.

The media book looks perfect next to the Affinity and Vectormediabooks, as Ross slotted it onto his CD shelf at the end of the video. Can't wait for mine to arrive!

-Marc.
Yeah I went for the mediabook mainly so it can sit nicely alongside the Vector one - hasn't arrived yet but it looked great in the vid.

I was thinking that too! ;D I mean, in terms of popularity, it's always a very good sign for any musician/band to have people complaining about the new album versus old ones. No doubt, their fan base is increasing :tup
Yeah exactly. Some people complain about the album, and then some more people complain about the people complaining about the album. :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4568 on: July 23, 2020, 09:16:31 AM »

I guess so, see if this link works.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HakenHaven/
It's a private group, so I don't think it'll be visible unless you have an account and are a group member.

It's not that entertaining really, you could look at basically each of the last like 6 DT releases, and even the previous couple of Haken ones, and it's basically the same thing.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4569 on: July 23, 2020, 09:19:10 AM »
Thanks man, I've had about 15 years of practice from every single DT release here at DTF, so. :P

Good point :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4570 on: July 23, 2020, 09:24:41 AM »
I thought the whole point of facebook was just to bitch? 

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4571 on: July 23, 2020, 09:26:52 AM »
Eh, no.

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4572 on: July 23, 2020, 09:27:27 AM »
That group though? Often.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4573 on: July 23, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »
Finally, Tomorrow I can listen to this album while waiting for my physical copy to arrive and I can rip onto itunes...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4574 on: July 23, 2020, 11:47:49 AM »
The outro in Prosthetic is kickass and it's going to be a beast once it's played live. I've only listened to this single so tomorrow will be a good day.

I might edit the main riff from Nil by Mouth and the outro for Prosthetic and make a loop or something for workout purposes. Those riffs are just massive!

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #4575 on: July 23, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »
I'm dying here!  I can't wait until tomorrow.  I'd stay up till midnight and then download it but I will be a zombie tomorrow at work if I do.  But hey, I'll download it first thing and listen to it all day while I work.

Offline emtee

« Reply #4576 on: July 23, 2020, 12:04:57 PM »
The outro in Prosthetic is kickass and it's going to be a beast once it's played live. I've only listened to this single so tomorrow will be a good day.

I might edit the main riff from Nil by Mouth and the outro for Prosthetic and make a loop or something for workout purposes. Those riffs are just massive!

Prosthetic is an absolute monster of a prog metal song. Love it! I'm anxious to hear the album in its entirety.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #4577 on: July 23, 2020, 12:16:01 PM »
I think I'm allowed to finally get excited for this album now, right? This thing is finally going to be in our hands?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4578 on: July 23, 2020, 12:41:03 PM »
I think I'm allowed to finally get excited for this album now, right? This thing is finally going to be in our hands?

If you are in certain parts of the world, it's already out so I think it's safe to be excited

I'm not sure if I'll be up at midnight, but if so, I will check it out.  Otherwise tomorrow morning will be fun.

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4579 on: July 23, 2020, 12:44:24 PM »
I’ll hold off until I get the physical copy in my mail. Should be here tomorrow afternoon.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4580 on: July 23, 2020, 12:59:10 PM »
Now that the album is finally coming, will they explain what is/has been going on?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #4581 on: July 23, 2020, 01:06:36 PM »
Now that the album is finally coming, will they explain what is/has been going on?

I sure hope so, unless it's a legal issue.  Then they probably can't until the issue is completely resolved.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #4582 on: July 23, 2020, 02:06:51 PM »
Oh well...here we are, the eve of the war. The last night before we have to fight off the complainers who say the album isn't as good as the older stuff, before they have any justifiable reason to come to such rushed conclusions.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #4583 on: July 23, 2020, 03:05:04 PM »
Oh well...here we are, the eve of the war. The last night before we have to fight off the complainers who say the album isn't as good as the older stuff, before they have any justifiable reason to come to such rushed conclusions.

I see this as an overall improvement to many of the things first tried in Vector, so frankly if people were to have that reaction, and certainly some will, I think they would have gotten the brunt of their complaints out on Vector.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4584 on: July 23, 2020, 03:33:01 PM »
Nick, people never tire of complaining.

I lived through it with Rush through many musical journeys they took.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC