Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 257930 times)

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #735 on: April 12, 2011, 06:46:38 PM »
Man I know how that feels not having time to just relax and do nothing cos there's so much work to do. If I've learnt one thing since I started uni it's that you have to learn to make time for yourself every now and then otherwise you'll just exhaust yourself.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #736 on: April 12, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »
Well, look on the bright side guys... school is almost over. I dunno about you all, but I'm done with classes May 3rd, and then I have a final or two and I get like 3 months of heavenly, stress free isolation.

And then school starts again boo

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #737 on: April 12, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
HEY GUISE

JUST RAN A RAZOR ACROSS THE INSIDE OF MY LEG

LIFE IS SO FUCKING AWESOME

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #738 on: April 12, 2011, 08:03:53 PM »
 :( Stohp it.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #739 on: April 12, 2011, 08:14:24 PM »
Yeah Zander don't do that. 
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #740 on: April 12, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »
Yes, more or less. Sometimes it's fine, and then I'll do one thing, like say I'm too tired to do something/have to reschedule/etc, and suddenly it'll all begin again. Even if I have a good reason, they'll think I'm making it up or something weird.  :sadpanda:

sending good vibes you way, rina <3

im not really good at therapy type stuff, but one thing i learned is that things have a weird way of working out. just remember when things go wrong, me and antigoon got your back.

edit the last sentence meant if you got me and antigoon, it's all good.

Thank you Ricky.  :heart

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #741 on: April 12, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »
Getting really depressed...must get ice cream. Screw losing weight

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #742 on: April 13, 2011, 04:28:20 AM »
Chris I just read your stuff. Just wanna say you'll pull through, I know you will.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #743 on: April 13, 2011, 04:32:44 AM »
If a clever and funny mind like chris' can't pull through

what the fuck hope do the rest of us have  :lol
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #744 on: April 13, 2011, 08:31:50 AM »
HEY GUISE

JUST RAN A RAZOR ACROSS THE INSIDE OF MY LEG

LIFE IS SO FUCKING AWESOME

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I hope you're joking  :(

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #745 on: April 13, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »
Loosing my mom and this job search is taking it's toll on me mentally but I'm trying to fight off this feeling and trying to keep my chin up and fight the good fight.  It's hard.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #746 on: April 13, 2011, 08:44:13 AM »
Sorry things are rough for you right now King, hats off to you for managing to stay so strong. Keep at it, things'll get better  :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #747 on: April 13, 2011, 08:49:59 AM »
Thank you.  It's a battle right now.  Since there was a lot of snow on the ground we couldn't bury my mom yet.  We will be doing so on her birthday in May.  My dad has MS and it's getting worse with his grief and stress so I've been helping him with finding a headstone and plot.  It's weighing heavy on my heart.  Plus it's hard to heal when we still have to bury her.

The work thing is frustrating since I confident in my skills and have been on 5 interviews but their not offering enough.  I'm worried that I may have to take a large loss in salary and being the main provider in the family, I'm feeling the pressure.  I just got to tell myself it will all work out in the end.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #748 on: April 13, 2011, 08:52:49 AM »
 :( *hugs*

That's really tough, Joe. You're a great guy, I'm sure things will turn around for you soon! Like you said, just keep your chin up. Things will turn in your favor soon if you keep a positive attitude!

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #749 on: April 13, 2011, 08:57:54 AM »
I can't imagine what it must be like to loose a parent, my condolences for your mother. It must be hard having the grieving process dragged out like that too but maybe after May you'll be able to start healing. I guess in the meantime you just have to try be there for your dad, which it sounds like you've been doing.

As for the work, I guess you just have to hope that things work out, keep at it and don't let it lower your confidence in your abilities.

You definitely seem to have a good attitude as far as staying positive and strong goes, that's really admirable. Stay brave, I hope everything does work out for you  :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #750 on: April 13, 2011, 08:58:59 AM »
 :heart to both of you.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #751 on: April 13, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »
HUGZZZZ to all those who are hurting..

Extra HUG to Kingshmegland :(
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #752 on: April 13, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »
Loosing my mom and this job search is taking it's toll on me mentally but I'm trying to fight off this feeling and trying to keep my chin up and fight the good fight.  It's hard.

Hang in there man, that's rough, but it's good that you aren't giving up.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #753 on: April 13, 2011, 03:25:40 PM »
Damn king, keep up the good fight.  You are a good, honest man, and I put all of my faith in the fact that things will work out.  Take much pride, though, in the beautiful person that you are.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #754 on: April 17, 2011, 07:03:28 PM »
My best friend (in her mid 50's) has been confiding in me lately. Her husband is recently in Hospice due to cancer and it's devastating and I'm not sure of what to do. Sometimes we won't talk about it and will just focus on enjoying a night out, and other times I try to be there just so she can vent. It's just a really hard situation and I'm really in pieces about it.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #755 on: April 17, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »
My best friend (in her mid 50's) has been confiding in me lately. Her husband is recently in Hospice due to cancer and it's devastating and I'm not sure of what to do. Sometimes we won't talk about it and will just focus on enjoying a night out, and other times I try to be there just so she can vent. It's just a really hard situation and I'm really in pieces about it.

hm. im curious though, what part exactly upsets you? obviously her husband in hospice does *sending good vibes his way*, but does the part about her confiding in you bother you too?
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #756 on: April 17, 2011, 07:06:19 PM »
Rina, I'm sure that you have more than enough heart to suit her needs.  Hang in there, lady.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #757 on: April 17, 2011, 07:56:24 PM »
Oh, gosh, I definitely didn't mean her confiding in me bothers me! I love that she feels comfortable doing that and that's definitely not something I wouldn't want. (sorry, probably sounded confusing)

I'm just concerned about her, and he's a dear friend of mine too, so it's just a lot of heartache going around.

Thanks lonestar.  :heart

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #758 on: April 17, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »
Been having some difficulty with the girl I'm taking to prom- one moment she'll seem like she really likes me, the next she seems to be on the complete other end of the spectrum.

Fun fun.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #759 on: April 17, 2011, 08:22:04 PM »

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #760 on: April 17, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »
Been having some difficulty with the girl I'm taking to prom- one moment she'll seem like she really likes me, the next she seems to be on the complete other end of the spectrum.

Fun fun.

been there before.

elaborate.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #761 on: April 17, 2011, 08:28:22 PM »

Rina.  I had cancer and lost my mom to cancer and all I can tell you is to be there for her.  My wife needed her friends to help her get through when I was going through Lymphoma and so did I with my mom cancer.  If she wants to talk she will.  If she just wants company, that good too.  Trust me. It means a lot just being there for her.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #762 on: April 17, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »
I can't stand feeling not needed... by my girlfriend, friends, family, etc... Like I can disappear off the face of the earth and no one would notice the fucking difference. I also can't stand feeling like I am being lied to (in my relationship)... not being sure now what is fact and what is fabrication. It is making me paranoid.

The 2 things that are plaguing me..
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #763 on: April 17, 2011, 09:25:33 PM »
I can't stand feeling not needed... by my girlfriend, friends, family, etc... Like I can disappear off the face of the earth and no one would notice the fucking difference. I also can't stand feeling like I am being lied to (in my relationship)... not being sure now what is fact and what is fabrication. It is making me paranoid.

The 2 things that are plaguing me..

Jay.  These things seem to be more about you.  If I remember you were going to a doctor for your anger.  Have you brought up these feelings and if not, maybe you could bring your significant other in with you to the sessions.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #764 on: April 17, 2011, 10:04:41 PM »
Haven't been able to go to any counseling due to lack of funds. My anger issues are starting to get better. The paranoia is from learning that my girlfriend of 4 years is able to look me in the eyes and lie to me... When I can't lie to her about anything... If I try wind up confessing everything soon after. I try to explain it to her... And I honestly don't know if I can beleive her when she says something o try to mend this... It's a paradox.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #765 on: April 17, 2011, 10:07:47 PM »
If you don't mind, what is she lying about?  Does she do this to avoid getting you mad or other motives?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #766 on: April 17, 2011, 11:11:43 PM »
2 things... one was being semi unfaithful which we are still working on fixing, and the other was just a simple thing she said... telling me something just to get me out of her room (yea we live together but her mother, whom we live with, is against us sharing a room)... anyway telling me something to get me to leave so she can read... alone (she is loves to read) instead of just telling me, she would pretend to be asleep when I would come in for something then pull out her laptop and read... I know it's childish but I guess she had been doing it for a long time... basically lieing to me to get me out of her room so she can be alone... when all she has to do is say something. Like I said, I know it's childish but it got me thinking, if she has lied about those 2 things, one being a small thing and one being a major thing, what else has / does she lie about? how many times has she loooked me in the eyes and told me something, and it not be true? could be little stuff, like reading, but it also could be be things, like her going to her friend's house who made a move on her when we last had a fight... i asked her not to be around him for a while... does she stay away? or does she go over there when I am doing something else?  One huge issue I have (kinda change of subject) is the fact that all her friends are guys... I have always had a small issue with it, but the one time I dropped it all and completely trusted her, I find out he made a move on her during a fight her and I were having.... She used to go over there when she was upset... how do I know that other shit hadnt of gone on? how do I know if that was the first time he tried something? The one time I let my guard down, this happens, and I am lied to about it... how do i know if i can let the trust back in?

my god this is a long rant....

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #767 on: April 18, 2011, 05:20:08 AM »
Yea.  That is a tough situation for you.  If you want to work it out then tell her your not feeling right in the relationship and want to go to therepy.  If she doesn't then it's either 2 things. 1. She's one of those who thinks, "I'm not broken, I don't need to go" or 2. She is cheating.  If she does want to go she's willing to fight for the relationship which is a good thing. I'm sorry, that is a hard position your in.

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #768 on: April 18, 2011, 06:21:41 AM »
I can't understand why, but I have this horrible nervous feeling in my stomach, some might describe it as the 'butterflies' and its constantly there, not just bothering me for a few minutes at a time. I've had it before, a few weeks back and I noticed it started again yesterday, I went out for lunch with a few friends and while i was eating I got this feeling and when i lifted my fork I was trembling slightly.

I'm trying to catch up on school work today after a solid week of partying, but I can't focus because the feeling is overwhelming. I am an obsessive over-thinker too which isn't helping, once I get in motion, that's it. It's really starting to get me down, I'm thinking about the last time I experienced it and it was horrible, lasted over a week, and in that time I hardly ate or slept.

Wtf is wrong with me guys?  :sad:

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #769 on: April 18, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
I can't understand why, but I have this horrible nervous feeling in my stomach, some might describe it as the 'butterflies' and its constantly there, not just bothering me for a few minutes at a time. I've had it before, a few weeks back and I noticed it started again yesterday, I went out for lunch with a few friends and while i was eating I got this feeling and when i lifted my fork I was trembling slightly.

I'm trying to catch up on school work today after a solid week of partying, but I can't focus because the feeling is overwhelming. I am an obsessive over-thinker too which isn't helping, once I get in motion, that's it. It's really starting to get me down, I'm thinking about the last time I experienced it and it was horrible, lasted over a week, and in that time I hardly ate or slept.

Wtf is wrong with me guys?  :sad:
Do you experience insane amounts of energy, or feel like you can't control yourself? It sounds a little like the mania phase of bipolar disorder.