Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488937 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #6790 on: July 24, 2020, 12:55:00 PM »
Hey so remember how I said I probably won't build a PC til the end of the PS5/XSX cycle? Looks like I'm buying a new PC from my buddy who had a customer back out, today or this weekend (in the next few days, regardless).  :rollin

It has a 1080 Ti in it. I might take it out (since it's going to be a music rig) and just put it in my other rig. :2metal:

Get Red Dead! We have a posse called Barstool Warriors.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6791 on: July 24, 2020, 12:58:12 PM »
Hey so remember how I said I probably won't build a PC til the end of the PS5/XSX cycle? Looks like I'm buying a new PC from my buddy who had a customer back out, today or this weekend (in the next few days, regardless).  :rollin

It has a 1080 Ti in it. I might take it out (since it's going to be a music rig) and just put it in my other rig. :2metal:

Get Red Dead! We have a posse called Barstool Warriors.

Killer name :) but I can't double dip on Red Dead haha. I'm still only 14% complete with the console version and only on chapter 4. I'll be playing that game forever. Honestly I'm not sure what I'll use it to game with. If anything I would probably use it to check out Microsoft's catalog, the Game Pass thing basically applies to PC and Xbox together yeah?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6792 on: July 24, 2020, 01:52:24 PM »
Started replaying Kentucky Route Zero now that it's complete and also the interludes are included. Such an amazing game. I've also played Sayonara Wild Hearts and Beeswing. The former is a syntwave-ish music game, very fast paced, very creative. Wished controls weren't kinda clunky and the themes a little stronger but damn it was a lovely and short experience. Beeswing as well except it's a pretty experimental piece with hand-drawn and watercolor-painted art about grief, getting old, existentialist dread, and small towns. Amazing soundtrack too.

I've gotten through the first act of KR0 and it's an interesting game for sure, I'll try to finish i tup soon.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #6793 on: July 24, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »
Wii had amazing games tho :P

I camped out overnight for one and I stan Nintendo real hard but I disagree with that haha
Really? What games did you play? Kinds surprises me :P

Started replaying Kentucky Route Zero now that it's complete and also the interludes are included. Such an amazing game. I've also played Sayonara Wild Hearts and Beeswing. The former is a syntwave-ish music game, very fast paced, very creative. Wished controls weren't kinda clunky and the themes a little stronger but damn it was a lovely and short experience. Beeswing as well except it's a pretty experimental piece with hand-drawn and watercolor-painted art about grief, getting old, existentialist dread, and small towns. Amazing soundtrack too.

I've gotten through the first act of KR0 and it's an interesting game for sure, I'll try to finish i tup soon.
I finished the second act last night and damn I forgot how good it was, quite better than the first one. Give it a go, acts are pretty short.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6794 on: July 24, 2020, 04:16:11 PM »
YASSSS!

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61639/GTA-Online-and-Red-Dead-Online-Updates-Coming-Soon?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=gtaordo-updates-07242020&utm_content=newswire

With both games playing home to more players than ever before in recent months, we know the community has been awaiting news of any updates for GTA Online and Red Dead Online and we are happy to share that both games will receive exciting new updates in the weeks ahead.

For Red Dead Online, players can expect a massive new update to arrive Tuesday, July 28th featuring a new Frontier Pursuit that will introduce players to the secrets of naturalism as part of an all-new Role, plus a new Outlaw Pass, tons of community-requested features and fixes, and much more to play and discover in the months to come.

A summer update to GTA Online is also on the way, offering up a fun mix of diverse new content from the game’s massive array of experiences to enjoy.

Later this year players can expect more big updates for both games, including some exciting new extensions and augmentations to an existing role in Red Dead Online, and the biggest ever update for GTA Online, featuring our latest take on Heists in an entirely new location.

Community Feedback

Thanks to your submissions via our official feedback channels, we have added a number of highly requested features across recent updates – including musical instruments in Red Dead Online, the ability to run all businesses via the Master Control Terminal in GTA Online and more. More of your suggestions will find their way into our games in the next few weeks, so please keep the feedback coming by sending us your thoughts via the GTA Online and Red Dead Online feedback pages.

We are also committed to ensuring that our games are fun for everyone and as safe as possible from modders, cheaters, hackers and those who seek to harass other players. So far this year, we have taken action on hundreds of thousands of players caught violating community rules across both games. Please help us keep our communities safe and fun by reporting any sort of cheating either directly in-game or via our dedicated web reporting tools for both Red Dead Online and GTA Online.

I've got no interest in this unless it includes heists or similar but it only mentions that for GTA.... I am not loading this game back up to take pictures of animals.  They are 4 months and too little too late IMO unless there is more than what they are saying.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6795 on: July 25, 2020, 12:47:41 PM »
So I played Call of Duty Warzone last night with a hacker.  I didn't realize at first until I died and was spectating my teammate as he only had a few kills at that time but then just started aiming at the sky and shooting down people who were respawning.  This type of thing is absolutely ruining the game, and historically, the hackers have ruined just about every BR game that got popular (Maybe besides Fortnite, I just never got into that one to know if hackers are a problem there too).  Well being that this was a scenario I had never been in, I decided to use the in game chat and pretend that I thought he was really good while using my own mic to rip on him and recorded the entire game. I got the hacker to buy me back a few times  :lol and we eventually won and I just ripped him at the end as he had 47 kills and over 30 spectators who all stayed to the end to make fun of him.  I think I have my next youtube video, but honestly, this makes me so fucking mad that it's so rampant and the game isn't doing nearly enough to stop it especially when it's SO obvious.

Finished the video, the full game with the hacker with some of my stupid commentary over parts of it.  It's not until the 5:30ish mark that I realize my teammate is using aimbot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw0T6iYjzpw

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6796 on: July 25, 2020, 05:53:52 PM »
Ugh, I just won Warzone again thanks to being matched with a hacker.  This time though, he had a hot mic with people in the room.  I could hear him talking to his friends about cheating.   >:( >:( >:( >:( So I annoyed the hell out of him the entire match. He had 37 kills and at one point said "I'm carrying the team to a win"  :lol like he actually thinks he's playing legit or something?! UGH I'm so annoyed, the day I make a video of my first cheating teammate, I get in a game with another  >:( I did get some enjoyment out of him audibly being annoyed with me!  :lol I kept standing in front of him to block his view but as he even said "I don't think they realize I can aimbot through them"

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6797 on: July 26, 2020, 09:50:45 AM »
Is anyone interested in Ghost of Tsushima? I'm probably going to pull the trigger on that one when fall rolls around and I have more time for gaming. I think it looks fun as hell.

Dude, it's amazing. The amount of ways you can attack and kill enemies is insane. Look at this ridiculous kill:

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1285353539045404678

It's one of the two best looking games I have ever seen, too (the other being RDR2). I find myself stopping almost every few seconds to play with the photo mode, no exaggeration.

Downloading the game now, Mike. I guess I won't wait until Fall after all.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6798 on: July 26, 2020, 02:17:10 PM »
Carrion came out a couple days ago. Did anyone play the demo? It was pretty cool. I'm going to wait for a sale though.

https://www.gog.com/game/carrion

https://store.steampowered.com/app/953490/CARRION/
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6799 on: July 26, 2020, 08:06:59 PM »
Chino, I'm thinking of trying out Red Dead online but I've never been much of an online gamer, I think last time I played online was MGS4 in 2008. Any advice?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6800 on: July 27, 2020, 05:58:26 AM »
Chino, I'm thinking of trying out Red Dead online but I've never been much of an online gamer, I think last time I played online was MGS4 in 2008. Any advice?

Umm... Just have fun with it. You can earn gold fairly easily by doing the daily challenges. There's a big update dropping tomorrow, so now is probably a good time to start up. I'll probably be playing this week if you wanted a partner.

I find the horse you choose doesn't really matter much, and the side missions can be a lot of fun. There's a live map online that I can share with you that shows you where all the hidden stuff is for the roles you could play.

Also, some people are very vengeful in that game  :lol

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:15:24 AM by Chino »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6801 on: July 27, 2020, 07:57:39 AM »
I actually fired RDR2 up over the weekend as some friends were playing Saturday night and I was bored.  The new update needs to be significant, I didn't enjoy playing it much at all besides the effect of just playing with friends. 

Also, some people are very vengeful in that game  :lol

::)   :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6802 on: July 27, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »
I'm on a Tomb Raider spree now.  TR Definitive Edition.  Rise of the Tomb Raider (20 year celebration).  Shadow of the Tom Raider.  :corn
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6803 on: July 27, 2020, 11:16:59 AM »
I'm on a Tomb Raider spree now.  TR Definitive Edition.  Rise of the Tomb Raider (20 year celebration).  Shadow of the Tom Raider.  :corn

For whatever reason, I couldn't get into the last Tomb Raider. It seemed just as good as the previous newer games but I don't know...
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6804 on: July 27, 2020, 02:06:05 PM »
2013 was a blast. Rise was pretty good but it just did not impress me, and it felt less focused than the first. Story was pretty bad too. I played Rise around the same time as Uncharted Lost Legacy and the difference was huge to be honest, in favour of Uncharted. Shadow seems pretty good but I have yet to really play it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6805 on: July 27, 2020, 02:11:25 PM »

For whatever reason, I couldn't get into the last Tomb Raider. It seemed just as good as the previous newer games but I don't know...

As much as I really liked it, I actually never finished it.  I wonder if I have the same issue as you, thought it was just as good as the others but I couldn't get motivated after awhile to finish it.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6806 on: July 27, 2020, 02:25:17 PM »
2013 was a blast. Rise was pretty good but it just did not impress me, and it felt less focused than the first. Story was pretty bad too. I played Rise around the same time as Uncharted Lost Legacy and the difference was huge to be honest, in favour of Uncharted. Shadow seems pretty good but I have yet to really play it.

I like Shadow the best out of the three I mentioned.  As fun as TR is, you're right about Uncharted LL.  The entire Uncharted series is way more complete and better overall experience.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6807 on: July 28, 2020, 12:18:52 PM »
I am really excited to talk about my top 25 games when I'm done with this roulette. I had a revelation this week and I believe I have figured out my #3 of all time, which made a jump up a few places from what it's always been.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6808 on: July 28, 2020, 12:28:27 PM »
I am really excited to talk about my top 25 games when I'm done with this roulette. I had a revelation this week and I believe I have figured out my #3 of all time, which made a jump up a few places from what it's always been.

My top 3 is set and was quite easy to think of, but anything after that is extremely difficult to determine. But I do have an early list.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6809 on: July 28, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »
I'm really enjoying getting my Samurai on with Ghost of Tsushima! Putting points into stances has really helped me with the combat learning curve. I don't find the Samurai skill tree nearly as compelling (except Sprint Strike to put down pesky archers quickly). I haven't delved much into the stealth skills yet, the sword play is too much fun to abandon for assassinations. It will probably become more necessary as the game progresses, but for now facing enemies head on is a riot.

Oh, and the game world is compelling, atmospheric, and beautiful!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6810 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
I really hope it's possible to put points into everything. That will bug me if I'm forced to leave some empty. I've been doing all of the side content and exploration, so I've only done the bottom half of the first of the 3 major areas, but I've finished act 1. I enjoy water stance most of all and seem to mow through enemies with all my points thrown into that. I need to get better at using smoke bombs, kunai etc. more often, and being able to fluidly swap in and out of certain weapons. I've upgraded my bows a lot and I've gotten real good at picking off enemies.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6811 on: July 28, 2020, 12:44:51 PM »
I really hope it's possible to put points into everything. That will bug me if I'm forced to leave some empty. I've been doing all of the side content and exploration, so I've only done the bottom half of the first of the 3 major areas, but I've finished act 1. I enjoy water stance most of all and seem to mow through enemies with all my points thrown into that. I need to get better at using smoke bombs, kunai etc. more often, and being able to fluidly swap in and out of certain weapons. I've upgraded my bows a lot and I've gotten real good at picking off enemies.

Last night I spent some time practicing switching between Stone and Water stances during combat so that I used them against appropriate enemies. Takes a little getting used to, but is well worth it. But, yeah, water is probably the most versatile.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6812 on: July 28, 2020, 01:22:25 PM »
It was a bit of a process but since they were already on my photo dump Twitter, I wanted to see if I could make quick GIFs of my animated screenshots. Success!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6813 on: July 28, 2020, 01:33:22 PM »
You took like multiple screenshots and turned it into a gif or you can take an animated screenshot in the game?

Game certainly looks cool.  I watched Cristina Scabbia (singer of Lacuna Coil) play some on twitch.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6814 on: July 28, 2020, 01:35:21 PM »
You took like multiple screenshots and turned it into a gif or you can take an animated screenshot in the game?

Game certainly looks cool.  I watched Cristina Scabbia (singer of Lacuna Coil) play some on twitch.

So there's a tracking shot function in the photo mode that you can use to sweep and pan the camera around in a cinematic style, but I haven't gotten good enough with that quite yet to use it. So I just find a good cinematic still shot, hide the UI, take a quick video capture, then take the Twitter video and convert it to a GIF. Bit of a tedious process but it's just a few clicks so it could be way worse. I seriously have spent about half my time (or more) with the game trying to get the best shots I can  :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6815 on: July 28, 2020, 02:14:06 PM »
Yeah, the images and environments in Ghost are amazing.  I picked it up last Friday (a week after release) and it's quite impressive.  I'm still getting used to the combat controls mostly for defense.  I'm more of a stealth kill player than the stand off type.  I really don't like taking on multiple opponents unless I have a gun. :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6816 on: July 28, 2020, 02:52:48 PM »
I really don't like taking on multiple opponents unless I have a gun. :lol

We each like what we like. I'm not a very skilled controller user, so the hand to hand combat is (especially when surrounded) a pretty big learning curve for me. Still, when you successfully perform what you are intending, i.e.; stagger the shield user and get off a heavy thrust, immediately dodge a spear thrust, get off a quick counter to his head before sprinting 6 meters to chop down an archer... ooo, boy. Nerdgasms all the way.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6817 on: July 28, 2020, 03:48:13 PM »
It was a bit of a process but since they were already on my photo dump Twitter, I wanted to see if I could make quick GIFs of my animated screenshots. Success!

Very nice, cool that you made gifs using the animated mode, as this game shines the most when everything moves. Such a stylish game with one stunning vista after another.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6818 on: July 28, 2020, 04:24:24 PM »

Some of my shots, framed these with the cinema bars and cut them off. Not the most colorful shots, but I have plenty of those too. Haven't entered photomode as much as this since Uncharted 4.

I sometimes play in Kurosawa mode and I love doing that for a minor sidequest. One of my favourite films of all time is Harakiri (1962), still such a tense movie and with some cool unexpected turns. Ironically while I love some of the old Japanese cinema, I don't really enjoy the Kurosawa classics.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6819 on: July 28, 2020, 05:04:34 PM »
GORGEOUS photos, dude. I have been trying to capture the perfect fox photo but just haven't found the perfect location for the lighting and position of the fox.  Yours is beautiful.

Also if anybody needs samurai TV there's an episode of season 2 of Westworld with a brutal samurai fight  :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6820 on: July 29, 2020, 01:00:57 AM »
Heavy Rain Glitch

The mother of all glitches  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6821 on: July 29, 2020, 01:59:40 AM »
:rollin

Not unexpected, coming from the game that gave us JASON! JASON! JASON!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #6822 on: July 29, 2020, 06:14:06 AM »
That's a lot funnier than it should be. :rollin

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6823 on: July 29, 2020, 08:26:12 AM »
GORGEOUS photos, dude. I have been trying to capture the perfect fox photo but just haven't found the perfect location for the lighting and position of the fox.  Yours is beautiful.

Also if anybody needs samurai TV there's an episode of season 2 of Westworld with a brutal samurai fight  :lol

Thanks, and yes those damn Foxes always choose awkward spots, haha.

And I still need to get to Westworld, but as of now the legal options to watch it non-existent because HBO is tied to a cable company I can't subscribe to. Thankfully HBO is finally launching an actually accesible service in the future.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6824 on: July 29, 2020, 08:38:24 AM »