Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488970 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #6685 on: July 14, 2020, 08:13:15 AM »
I also have a ton of of games that I barley even started.

That's the irony of it. The "Time vs. Money" equation:

As a kid I was like "oh I can't wait to grow up so I can buy as many games as I want", but now having grown up I can afford to buy what I want, but now don't have the time to play them  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6686 on: July 14, 2020, 09:43:09 AM »
Ghost of Tsushima with a 9.5 at Game Informer - can't freaking wait for Friday...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online faizoff

« Reply #6687 on: July 14, 2020, 10:00:22 AM »
I also have a ton of of games that I barley even started.

That's the irony of it. The "Time vs. Money" equation:

As a kid I was like "oh I can't wait to grow up so I can buy as many games as I want", but now having grown up I can afford to buy what I want, but now don't have the time to play them  :lol

Same here, not much time to play it all. I finally got GTA V for free in the EPIC giveaway and have barely played it. I even got a new GPU for it. I have around 200 steam games from sales and have barely played 40 of them.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6688 on: July 14, 2020, 10:28:10 AM »
Had such an urge to play Resident Evil the other day so I reinstalled RE7 and finally finished the game. Since that didn't still my hunger I bought RE2 Remaster and i'm now halfway through that and thinking of getting RE3 Remaster. I then in pure excitment rented Resident Evil: Retribution and the excitment lasted about 10mins into the movie........I played some golf instead.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6689 on: July 14, 2020, 10:35:31 AM »
 :lol I was also eying the RE2 remake, but at 40 bucks, I feel like I might have missed a better deal or something and will hold out until its closer to $20 I think. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #6690 on: July 14, 2020, 01:32:59 PM »
Ghost of Tsushima with a 9.5 at Game Informer - can't freaking wait for Friday...
Always take Game Informer reviews with a truck load of salt. Having said that, this game probably won't disappoint.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6691 on: July 14, 2020, 01:54:42 PM »
Always take Game Informer reviews with a truck load of salt. Having said that, this game probably won't disappoint.

Honestly I didn't even read the review, I just checked the first and last paragraphs and the score, I usually just watch the podcast each week 'cause it's way more informative imo :lol but I am very hyped for the game!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6692 on: July 14, 2020, 02:25:52 PM »
I am looking forward to Ghost of Tsuchima a lot because it finally is a game set in a historical setting that is just that. No monsters, no zombies, no ancient tech gods and simulations of memories through one's DNA. I like all of that stuff, but a more grounded take on such a setting is very welcome and not all that common.

The approach they took for exploration and sidequests seems great.

Reception seems very good, especially since it is a new ip that does not do much new, but does what it does well. The most critical reviewers seem to view it as yet another open world game, but to me that tends to rings hollow as a form of criticism, as that is the type of game it is. And after TLOU II I am in for something more open again, variation is key for me.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6693 on: July 14, 2020, 04:09:28 PM »
I'm replaying TLOU and TLOU II.  New game + versions and harder difficulties.  Also going for all collectibles and upgrades.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6694 on: July 14, 2020, 06:36:57 PM »
Hold up... Is Far Cry 5 Co-op with friends? I just got through the first tutorial bit and that's what it's looking like. I'm down.

I'm really liking this so far. I'm loving the setting compared to the jungle/forests of 3 and 4

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6695 on: July 14, 2020, 07:18:36 PM »

I have done something I haven't done in I don't know how many years...I actually pre-ordered that fucking game today.

It's not really a huge deal. There was a great chance I was going to buy this game on Friday unless the reviews were terrible. It'll be nice to have this game pre-loaded so I can play it right away...or after the day-1 patch downloads.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6696 on: July 15, 2020, 08:04:24 AM »

I have done something I haven't done in I don't know how many years...I actually pre-ordered that fucking game today.

It's not really a huge deal. There was a great chance I was going to buy this game on Friday unless the reviews were terrible. It'll be nice to have this game pre-loaded so I can play it right away...or after the day-1 patch downloads.

Been a long time since I've pre-ordered a game. Might as well just do it with Ghost tonight, since I'm buying digitally and am gonna get it Friday anyway. Can't wait to read everybody's impressions  :corn

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6697 on: July 15, 2020, 08:17:41 AM »
I'm probably the minority in this but the new Flight Simulator is coming out in August:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqJALPVn0Y

It's going to be on PC gamepass so for people who are subscribed to that you'll be able to play through there. I can't wait, this all looks visually stunning.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6698 on: July 15, 2020, 09:53:51 AM »
Donkey Kong Country has finally made its way to SNES Online on the Switch  :hefdaddy everybody go enjoy one of the best platformers ever made

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6699 on: July 15, 2020, 09:58:13 AM »
Donkey Kong Country has finally made its way to SNES Online on the Switch  :hefdaddy everybody go enjoy one of the best platformers ever made

I only played the SNES version a handful of times as a kid, but I had that game for the OG Gameboy and sank a stupid amount of hours into it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6700 on: July 15, 2020, 10:37:01 AM »
The DK games for SNES were so damn good, but I sucked at them hard :lol.   Absolutely love the soundtracks though

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #6701 on: July 15, 2020, 05:59:51 PM »
I'm probably the minority in this but the new Flight Simulator is coming out in August:

It's going to be on PC gamepass so for people who are subscribed to that you'll be able to play through there. I can't wait, this all looks visually stunning.
I've been part of the Alpha testers since the first Alpha. It was suuuuper buggy in the beginning, but it has steadily gotten so much better. It looks absolutely amazing. I mean the fact that I can take off from my local small town airport and then buzz my actual house is kind of mind blowing when you think about it. The weather effects alone are mind boggling good. Just the sheer amount of tech going into this game is crazy. And the fact that it all seems to be working is also amazing.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6702 on: July 15, 2020, 10:22:39 PM »
The DK games for SNES were so damn good, but I sucked at them hard :lol.   Absolutely love the soundtracks though

The furthest I ever got was the Bee boss. After that forget it...

But now, I will conquer the game.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6703 on: July 16, 2020, 05:30:49 AM »

I've been part of the Alpha testers since the first Alpha. It was suuuuper buggy in the beginning, but it has steadily gotten so much better. It looks absolutely amazing. I mean the fact that I can take off from my local small town airport and then buzz my actual house is kind of mind blowing when you think about it. The weather effects alone are mind boggling good. Just the sheer amount of tech going into this game is crazy. And the fact that it all seems to be working is also amazing.

I've never really been one for flying games, but I've had my eye on this one since it was announced. Seriously impressive stuff!

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6704 on: July 16, 2020, 06:00:45 AM »

I can't wait to try it out. I was trying to get into the alpha for months but never got an invite.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6705 on: July 16, 2020, 08:47:50 PM »
To those who plan on playing Ghost of Tsushima tonight at midnight, there will be a Day 1 patch. I've read it's 7.7 or 7.9 gigs. So add that to your download time if you haven't pre-ordered & pre-loaded the game.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6706 on: July 17, 2020, 05:16:16 AM »
I fell asleep way earlier than expected so I'm installing Ghost now. Can't wait to get off work, exercise, and then sink my teeth into this for the evening  :metal

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6707 on: July 17, 2020, 08:28:32 AM »
Damn...I forgot to pre-order Ghost.  I'll have to call Gamestop today to see if they have extra copies.

Edit:  No extra copies available.  In fact, those who didn't pre-order at least 7 days in advance of release (today) won't get their copies until next week. :omg:
Something else we can blame on Covid regarding supply chain disruptions.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 11:38:51 AM by Dublagent66 »
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6708 on: July 18, 2020, 07:49:58 AM »
Ghost of Tsushima: has anyone gotten to the duel in the last mission of Act I? This enemy does a two-hit unblockable attack and 9 times out of 10, I cannot dodge the second attack. Jin doesn't respond to the button press...unless I use the double dodge technique but that always results in me getting hit because the enemy's second attack just tracks me anyway.

I must've died at least 10 times. If this shit happens again, I'm just going to bump the difficulty down from Hard to Normal. Other than this, the game has been pretty good and I do not regret pre-ordering it. I must've played it yesterday 15 hours  :o It's quite challenging (for Herrick) on Hard but it's gotten much more manageable after unlocking different technique and combat stances.

I've been using the Japanese audio which I thought would be essential for this game. The only thing that sucks is trying to read subtitles while actually playing.

Gonna rush through the final quests in Greefall then jump right back into Ghost of Tsushima.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6709 on: July 18, 2020, 07:59:11 AM »
Ghost of Tsushima: has anyone gotten to the duel in the last mission of Act I? This enemy does a two-hit unblockable attack and 9 times out of 10, I cannot dodge the second attack. Jin doesn't respond to the button press...unless I use the double dodge technique but that always results in me getting hit because the enemy's second attack just tracks me anyway.

I must've died at least 10 times. If this shit happens again, I'm just going to bump the difficulty down from Hard to Normal. Other than this, the game has been pretty good and I do not regret pre-ordering it. I must've played it yesterday 15 hours  :o It's quite challenging (for Herrick) on Hard but it's gotten much more manageable after unlocking different technique and combat stances.

I've been using the Japanese audio which I thought would be essential for this game. The only thing that sucks is trying to read subtitles while actually playing.

Gonna rush through the final quests in Greefall then jump right back into Ghost of Tsushima.

I haven't gotten that far. I'm in the open world, and I did the first mission with Ishikawa, but that's it. The game is so visually outstanding that I think I've spent more time with the photo mode than actually playing the game.

I'm playing on normal difficulty and I'm still getting used to the controls and how combat works, so I've been getting my ass handed to me. The AI doesn't screw around and I'm learning that I really have to plan how I approach enemies because this is not a game, especially early on, where you can just take on multiple enemies at once. Even one-on-one can be risky. I find enemies hit me very hard; 2 or 3 slices and I'm a goner. On one hand I find it frustrating as a fresh player, but I think once I get used to the game, I'll find that very rewarding. They did a great job of making the sword feel light but super deadly - every time I lay it into an enemy I wince a little, it feels so real  :lol

I doubt I'll get anything done today. More photos to take! BTW, that sequence after the beginning, where you break out of the forest and the title appears on screen? Chills. Fantastic sequence!

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6710 on: July 18, 2020, 08:42:07 AM »

I haven't gotten that far. I'm in the open world, and I did the first mission with Ishikawa, but that's it. The game is so visually outstanding that I think I've spent more time with the photo mode than actually playing the game.

I'm playing on normal difficulty and I'm still getting used to the controls and how combat works, so I've been getting my ass handed to me. The AI doesn't screw around and I'm learning that I really have to plan how I approach enemies because this is not a game, especially early on, where you can just take on multiple enemies at once. Even one-on-one can be risky. I find enemies hit me very hard; 2 or 3 slices and I'm a goner. On one hand I find it frustrating as a fresh player, but I think once I get used to the game, I'll find that very rewarding. They did a great job of making the sword feel light but super deadly - every time I lay it into an enemy I wince a little, it feels so real  :lol

I doubt I'll get anything done today. More photos to take! BTW, that sequence after the beginning, where you break out of the forest and the title appears on screen? Chills. Fantastic sequence!

I had the same experience in the beginning on Hard difficulty. I like that the combat is challenging without feeling anything like a Souls game. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the showdown  :metal

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6711 on: July 19, 2020, 05:07:25 PM »
Got a good tradein deal for Ghost of Tsuchima, so decided to get it as well. My first impressions are very good. Combat system works greatly. Easy to control/learn, but challenging to master. Open world seems amazing and I love the setting. Great way for Sony to end the PS4 gen.

I am playing on normal and think the game puts on a decent challenge there. I think most Sony first party games this generation have put on a decent amount of challenge, compared to most other major AAA releases. God of War, Horizon, The Last of Us II, Spiderman never really felt too easy on normal for me.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6712 on: July 19, 2020, 06:18:49 PM »
I'm having trouble remember how to access the ninja-type weapons. It's a little awkward to do during combat. I wish there was a traditional weapon wheel with a pause option while selecting weapons.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6713 on: July 20, 2020, 08:24:02 AM »

The furthest I ever got was the Bee boss. After that forget it...

But now, I will conquer the game.
I played it so much that I got to the point where I could beat it inside of 2 or 3 hours. Just played through it a couple of months ago on an emulator, actually. I fared pretty well; that muscle memory hangs around for a while, apparently.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6714 on: July 20, 2020, 08:45:50 AM »
So I played Call of Duty Warzone last night with a hacker.  I didn't realize at first until I died and was spectating my teammate as he only had a few kills at that time but then just started aiming at the sky and shooting down people who were respawning.  This type of thing is absolutely ruining the game, and historically, the hackers have ruined just about every BR game that got popular (Maybe besides Fortnite, I just never got into that one to know if hackers are a problem there too).  Well being that this was a scenario I had never been in, I decided to use the in game chat and pretend that I thought he was really good while using my own mic to rip on him and recorded the entire game. I got the hacker to buy me back a few times  :lol and we eventually won and I just ripped him at the end as he had 47 kills and over 30 spectators who all stayed to the end to make fun of him.  I think I have my next youtube video, but honestly, this makes me so fucking mad that it's so rampant and the game isn't doing nearly enough to stop it especially when it's SO obvious.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6715 on: July 20, 2020, 08:58:16 AM »
That was my primary reason for dumping the COD franchise on console. MW2 was unplayable.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6716 on: July 20, 2020, 09:03:42 AM »
That was my primary reason for dumping the COD franchise on console. MW2 was unplayable.

I don't recall how hacking worked back then, but people seem to think hacking is limited to PC but apparently, you can buy hardware for a console to allow you to hack too.  Like certain controllers that will allow you to fire auto on single shot guns.  Almost like a video game version of a bump stock you hear about in the news for real guns.  It's absolutely insane how people will try so hard to hack, and for what reason?  It's way too obvious when you hack so it's not like you are perceived as some really good player (ala real life athletes using performance enhancers but you can't say for sure if they are actually cheating) but you come off as a total fucking loser.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6717 on: July 20, 2020, 09:08:46 AM »
I've spent the last two weeks or so totally immersed in RDR2. IT'S SO GOOD.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6718 on: July 20, 2020, 09:18:31 AM »

I don't recall how hacking worked back then, but people seem to think hacking is limited to PC but apparently, you can buy hardware for a console to allow you to hack too.  Like certain controllers that will allow you to fire auto on single shot guns.  Almost like a video game version of a bump stock you hear about in the news for real guns.  It's absolutely insane how people will try so hard to hack, and for what reason?  It's way too obvious when you hack so it's not like you are perceived as some really good player (ala real life athletes using performance enhancers but you can't say for sure if they are actually cheating) but you come off as a total fucking loser.

I knew I uploaded it! Here's the game that made me quit for the second time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np3kN0cLApw

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6719 on: July 20, 2020, 09:18:55 AM »
I've spent the last two weeks or so totally immersed in RDR2. IT'S SO GOOD.

I can't wait for the next update to drop for that game so I have a reason to go back.