Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488994 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3185 on: March 22, 2017, 07:36:41 PM »
PS3 is fantastic for flash sales in the PS store though. You can often pick up 5 or 6 actual good games for under $20.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3186 on: March 27, 2017, 08:28:26 PM »
Finished Guacamelee. Solid game, lots of fun. Not among my favourites but definitely had a great time with it. Now I'll prob either only dedicate to Earthbound until I finish it or play it along with The Last Door, mmmnnn...

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3187 on: March 28, 2017, 03:51:03 PM »
I am crazy excited for persona 5 next week :metal

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3188 on: March 28, 2017, 04:12:05 PM »
so hollow knight is pretty great

indie metroidvania with some gorgeous art & also it plays great too (and is apparently pretty long, wouldn't know yet I'm only like 6 hours in)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3189 on: March 28, 2017, 04:44:51 PM »
Just watched the Hallow knight trailer. That looks very cool, and it looks like it is in development for the switch. That's definitely the platform I would want to play it on. In general, I think the switch will be fantastic for indie games

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3190 on: March 28, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »
Just downloading Final fantasy 15 : Episode Gladiolus.

Chapter 13 where you play as Gladiolus is mercifully short  :corn

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3191 on: March 28, 2017, 06:05:51 PM »

indie metroidvania with some gorgeous art & also it plays great too (and is apparently pretty long, wouldn't know yet I'm only like 6 hours in)
Looks pretty cool, added to wishlist.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3192 on: March 28, 2017, 08:52:46 PM »

It's been on my radar for a while but I might wait until I own a Switch and play it on that.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3193 on: March 30, 2017, 06:02:02 PM »
If anyone is a fan of Myst or Riven, the makers of those games made obduction which just came out on mac finally. Its pretty damn good

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3194 on: March 31, 2017, 08:54:31 AM »
Bought Playerunknown's Battleground last night with my brother and we played a bunch of rounds.  Not my typical style of game to play, but it's definitely intriguing and a fun survival shooter game.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #3195 on: March 31, 2017, 02:07:43 PM »
So, i have recently tried to get back into gaming, after many years. Ended up getting a XBox One S about a month ago.

Ended up getting The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Game of the year edition).

I can see why some say it's the best game ever made. I love everything so far. Everything from the characters i've met, to the massive world in the game!

Everything is just so complicated. :lol Everything from using different foods and potions to heal yourself during combat, to the different signs and swords and oils and alchemy and everything!

It just boggles my mind as to how many points there are on my map, and i have barely got past the tutorial into Velen.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3196 on: March 31, 2017, 02:15:13 PM »
Good luck getting out of it! I still haven't started it (past benchmarking) because I know once I do every other game I have will be left by the wayside. So many to finish... The Steam sale effect is real.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3197 on: March 31, 2017, 02:59:28 PM »
So, i have recently tried to get back into gaming, after many years. Ended up getting a XBox One S about a month ago.

Ended up getting The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Game of the year edition).

I can see why some say it's the best game ever made. I love everything so far. Everything from the characters i've met, to the massive world in the game!

Everything is just so complicated. :lol Everything from using different foods and potions to heal yourself during combat, to the different signs and swords and oils and alchemy and everything!

It just boggles my mind as to how many points there are on my map, and i have barely got past the tutorial into Velen.

Totally agree. I have been playing games my entire life and I had to watch 40 min youtube video explaining how to play it  :lol

Incredible game though. Nothing quite like it

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3198 on: April 03, 2017, 01:43:57 PM »

I am now over 30 hours deep and still not at 100%

so, it's good

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3199 on: April 03, 2017, 03:51:10 PM »
My friends have been raving about it for a while so I guess I'll eventually get it.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3200 on: April 03, 2017, 04:02:49 PM »
plz get it, it's underpriced tbh

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3201 on: April 04, 2017, 02:25:52 AM »
I have finally ordered a PS4!

By far the best bundle deal I've seen (in the UK anyway where everything is overpriced) including a 1TB slim, Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4 (both of which I wanted anyway), plus for some reason a two-month Now TV Cinema subscription (a movie streaming service). Been putting it off for ages but this deal was so much better than any other I've found that I decided to take the plunge.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3202 on: April 04, 2017, 04:51:32 AM »
Sweet! I want to play Horizon really badly, I've heard nothing but good things.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3203 on: April 04, 2017, 06:56:31 AM »

By far the best bundle deal I've seen (in the UK anyway where everything is overpriced) including a 1TB slim, Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4 (both of which I wanted anyway), plus for some reason a two-month Now TV Cinema subscription (a movie streaming service). Been putting it off for ages but this deal was so much better than any other I've found that I decided to take the plunge.

That's exactly the bundle I need. Mrs. P really wants me to get Horizon Zero Dawn and I keep telling her we need a PS4 first.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3204 on: April 04, 2017, 10:41:38 AM »

That's exactly the bundle I need. Mrs. P really wants me to get Horizon Zero Dawn and I keep telling her we need a PS4 first.  :lol
Yeah it was just starting to get to a point where I was needing to get one. I think the Final Fantasy VII remake would have been the tipping point but there were enough other games I was very keen on such as HZD, Uncharted, FFXV etc to get me to a point where I was just waiting for a good deal.

It apparently arrived today, though am pretty busy right now so may not get it set up until the weekend. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3205 on: April 04, 2017, 02:52:29 PM »

Yeah it was just starting to get to a point where I was needing to get one. I think the Final Fantasy VII remake would have been the tipping point but there were enough other games I was very keen on such as HZD, Uncharted, FFXV etc to get me to a point where I was just waiting for a good deal.

It apparently arrived today, though am pretty busy right now so may not get it set up until the weekend. :lol

I checked this morning but that bundle isn't available in The States. I'll have to buy them individually, I suppose.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3206 on: April 05, 2017, 08:33:41 AM »
Hey DTF need some help...

My PC gaming headphones, Logitech G930s are dying.  The mic (if you ever checked out my gaming videos) is held together by tape, the ear cups are falling apart, and worse of all, the wireless connection disconnects and reconnects for a second or two every hour or so during usage (which is the part that is most annoying, the rest are mostly visual dislikes that are slowly eroding towards unusability).

So I am looking to buy new headphones... maybe as soon as today on amazon.  So I've narrowed it down to two very similar products.

Logitech G933
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Artemis-Spectrum-Wireless-Surround/dp/B0148NPJ78/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1491401695&sr=1-8&keywords=gaming+headset+pc&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

The logical upgrade path from my current headphones.  I have no real issues with my current headphones, they are OLD so the wear and tear is real here, not just product failure.  I have no problem staying loyal to the brand. 

Razer ManOWar
https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Wireless-Surround-Compatible-Playstation/dp/B01DPS4QQ2/ref=sr_1_12?s=pc&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1491401695&sr=1-12&keywords=gaming+headset+pc&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

I user a razer keyboard and mouse.  The look fits the rest of my PC.  I love my razer products. 

So looks do matter in my case.  I want something that's visually appealing since I wear them in my gaming videos.  The logitech ones have a cool LED, but from reviews, the LED kills the battery.  The Razer LED's match my keyboard and mouse so I kind of like that.  I am a total sucker for cool LEDs, even on my case/graphics card.  I like the circular look of these compared to the rectangular look of the logitechs.

I am leaning towards the Razer but only very slightly, but not familiar with their sound products whereas I know what I am getting with Logitech.  Anyone have any opinions they'd like to share?

Are there other similar products?  One thing that is also a must is a noise cancelling unidirectional microphone (both have this).  This has become an issue with PC gaming in the same room as my brother as we pick up a lot of noise between the two of us.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #3207 on: April 08, 2017, 11:48:45 PM »
Got Resident Evil Revelation 2 on PS4 from a friend for just around $12 bucks... beat it once already, but got the bad ending... am replaying it for the first time, and am trying to get all those emblems and goodies.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3208 on: April 09, 2017, 10:48:32 AM »
Bought Mirror's Edge: Catalyst on release but only played an hour, didn't really get in the mood for it, besides I had some other games to finish first. Installed it yesterday because of the movie Ghost In The Shell. I still adore the art style and the bright and clear color palette but it took me a while to really get into the gameplay and care about the story and characters, I still struggle a bit but it's much better than when I tried it the first time.

Anyone played it?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3209 on: April 10, 2017, 04:06:48 AM »
I believe that anybody who has played Dark Souls can emphasize with me when I say: fuck Ornstein and Smough.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3210 on: April 10, 2017, 05:51:44 AM »
Any game which is acceptable difficulty for a while. Not hard enough for you to get stuck but just enough to be a challenge and still be fun...

...but then they throw in a f*ing impossible boss or section out of nowhere - you get stuck for months and all the momentum you built up playing the game just

vanishes.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3211 on: April 10, 2017, 09:12:10 AM »
For anyone who was a fan of old rare games, former employees from that company started their own and created a spiritual successor to banjo kazooi called yooka laylee (and when I say spiritual successor, I mean it is literally banjo kazooi right down to the font and logo of the company, lol. But that's fine by me. )

comes out tomorrow. I will be checking it out

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3212 on: April 10, 2017, 09:29:24 AM »
I've been following that for quite a while. I was set on buying it for PC before the Switch reveal and Playtonic's decision to abandon the Wii U version of the game in favour of porting it to the Switch, but now I'm going to wait and get it on that.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3213 on: April 10, 2017, 09:31:57 AM »
I backed the Kickstarter, but my graphics card can't run shit, so I'll have to wait to play it myself. The reviews for it have basically said that it's just like the old 3D platformers, for better and worse. They're definitely trying to satisfy the Banjo Kazooie fans with this one, which is what I wanted.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3214 on: April 10, 2017, 10:39:31 AM »
Get that 1060 blob!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3215 on: April 10, 2017, 10:42:54 AM »
1060?  Just go all the way with the 1080!

Also, I ended up purchasing the Logitech G933 headphones and received them this past weekend.  I did an unboxing and comparison to my old G930 video, but I need to edit it and whatnot so maybe next week it'll be done.  But got to say there was an immediate notice of better sound and the physical quality of the headphones is much better.  The LEDs are very cool too.  I read that the Razer product could not be used while charging which is ridiculous and the #1 reason I stuck with Logitech.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3216 on: April 10, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »
1060?  Just go all the way with the 1080!

Nah, the 1060 is the perfect price/performance point for me (I already told Reap that's what I planned to get). Anything more than that, and size/power consumption/heat become way too much of a concern for my PC. My current card I chose intentionally because I didn't want a big gaming monstrosity in there. I do very little gaming at all (and zero AAA games with fancy graphics), I'm just looking for an upgrade to do what I need for my own work. My current card is the equivalent of about a 440 or 460, so it's going to be about 20x better in every way. I've decided on the EVGA GTX1060 SC GAMING 6GB, which is under 7" long, so it will fit well into my case.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3217 on: April 10, 2017, 10:59:46 AM »
Little gaming so you go with the super clocked gaming model  :lol  I get it though, I was just joking, there is definitely a price/performance sweet spot and that's a huge upgrade for you.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3218 on: April 10, 2017, 11:04:15 AM »
:lol I went with that one for the good cooling for its smaller size, and even though I'm not much of a gamer, I'll still hammer it with GPU rendering and other 3D graphics, so it will be put to use, it's just not a factor that I can run the latest game on max settings. It's the only thing really letting my PC down, so it will be nice to have such a huge upgrade.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3219 on: April 10, 2017, 11:15:56 AM »
Yea it'll definitely help.  It's actually amazing how good adobe premeire works on my PC with the GTX 1080 compared to the 770 I had before so I expect your 3d rendering to improve substantially.