Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488158 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2975 on: February 06, 2017, 05:50:46 AM »
Overall I like the PS4 controller but I wish the SHARE and OPTIONS buttons were slightly proud of the casing.

I have to look down at the controller every time I want to use either of them.

The PS4 controller, in my opinion, is the most comfortable controller in the history of gaming. My only real complaint with it is that monster touchpad that I've never used for anything other than as giant button. I'm hoping the next generation controllers do away with that and added a few more buttons up there that could act as hot keys or something.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:15:16 AM by Chino »

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2976 on: February 06, 2017, 06:04:40 AM »
I agree, the PS4 control is by far their best control and might even be my favorite overall.  :tup It's especially noticable now that I'm going back to Borderlands - the PS3 control feels so tiny and plastic now. :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2977 on: February 06, 2017, 06:11:03 AM »
It's much better than the original NES controller :P

[ + _ _  + ]

hehe. played NES for 3 hours and had a rectangle imprinted on me.

Next comfiest joypad after PS4 & PS2 is the Gamecube imo.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2978 on: February 06, 2017, 06:31:12 AM »
The top buttons on the Gamecube controller are too uncomfortable and unergonomic for me, it cripples up my fingers, but otherwise it's fairly comfortable. I think the N64 controller was more comfortable.

I've never used a PS4 controller (or PS3 for that matter), but the XBOX 360 controller is easily my favourite. I can play that for hours with no problems. So comfortable and sturdy.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2979 on: February 06, 2017, 06:40:52 AM »
I can't wait until controllers are a thing of the past and all you do is sit in place with a VR headset while playing seamlessly with your mind. The day will come.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2980 on: February 06, 2017, 07:42:00 AM »
I can't wait until controllers are a thing of the past and all you do is sit in place with a VR headset while playing seamlessly with your mind. The day will come.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2981 on: February 06, 2017, 08:44:08 AM »
If it ever requires actual mind control then FUCK NO.

If signals can leave the brain to the console - then the reverse is true.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2982 on: February 06, 2017, 09:06:21 AM »
If it ever requires actual mind control then FUCK NO.

If signals can leave the brain to the console - then the reverse is true.

That's like saying you could put a microphone to your ear and hear music, or an EKG machine could manipulate your heartbeat.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2983 on: February 06, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »
So you'd have no qualms about using a mind control device at all ? :p

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #2984 on: February 06, 2017, 09:30:18 AM »
Can you imagine being in a boss fight in whatever game and then having your character die because you get an intense itch in real life and your character in game started scratching himself instead of shooting? That would be irritating.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2985 on: February 06, 2017, 09:33:59 AM »
So you'd have no qualms about using a mind control device at all ? :p

None whatsoever, and I've done it on more than one occasion already. As long as all the device is doing is interpreting brain activity and not providing any feedback as stimulus, it's not a mind control device. It wouldn't be manipulating the firing of neurons in your brain in any way. It'd be detecting electrical impulses triggered by you and converting them to movement on a screen. There is nothing to fear.

It'd be like this, only on a screen.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2986 on: February 06, 2017, 10:20:25 AM »
Can you imagine being in a boss fight in whatever game and then having your character die because you get an intense itch in real life and your character in game started scratching himself instead of shooting? That would be irritating.

Mom yells and you look behind you to respond and your character gets his head cut off  :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2987 on: February 06, 2017, 05:03:40 PM »
Just started Hacknet an hour ago or so. Well this seems like an actual good Hacker Evolution so far. Didding it!

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2988 on: February 07, 2017, 04:42:54 AM »
Really need to get around to Resi 7, it sounds really promising. Wasn't a big fan of the direction they went with 5&6. One of my favourites of the series is Code Veronica, not heard anyone really mention it over the last few pages. I don't think that many people played it compared to most of the rest of the series. I got it on the Dreamcast when it came out and it sucked me in, really great game.

But yea, I'll finish FFXV then try and get to Resi 7.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2989 on: February 07, 2017, 04:44:11 AM »
Fave thing about FFXV is that there's no boss which is way too hard and you have to grind for days to beat.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2990 on: February 07, 2017, 06:59:15 AM »
Really need to get around to Resi 7, it sounds really promising. Wasn't a big fan of the direction they went with 5&6. One of my favourites of the series is Code Veronica, not heard anyone really mention it over the last few pages. I don't think that many people played it compared to most of the rest of the series. I got it on the Dreamcast when it came out and it sucked me in, really great game.

Absolutely love CV! But yeah, it's in it's own league, I don't see any reason to compare 7 to it. It does hearken back to the era of scavenging for ammo and watching your every move but other than nods to the previous entries and taking some pages from those games on the mechanical side, 7 is pretty much a new era itself.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2991 on: February 07, 2017, 07:07:40 AM »
Fave thing about FFXV is that there's no boss which is way too hard and you have to grind for days to beat.
I hate that. I just don't have the time to dedicate to grinding away, which is why I normally play most games on pretty easy settings. Good to hear there's nothing like that in FFXV, which I'll definitely get round to playing eventually.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #2992 on: February 07, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »

Grinding for days is a bit excessive yea but FFXV has presented 0 challenge so far! I have played for over 50 hours and I haven't died once!!! There's a game being too difficult and then there's this. I'd like some challenge. I remember it was the same with FFXII. I defeated the final boss and was like "Now for the ultra hard final form where I get my ass handed to me." But nope, that was the final form and there was no challenge. I miss the days when the games did challenge you, granted when I first started playing FF games I didn't always level up my characters in the most effective way and I found the games harder but they have definitely gotten easier, it's not just me.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2993 on: February 07, 2017, 03:57:16 PM »
When you're playing a game and then there's that one stupid hard boss - it kills all momentum and fun for me.

Like in Final Fantasy 10 - when you kill that SIN spawn with the regenerating arms. It takes f---ing FOREVER.

Then when you defeat it - you can't save your game then it comes back for another go.

You defeat it AGAIN and you still cannot save.

FFS. I hate that shit. What if you defeat it the second time - and you have a power cut or something before you save ?

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2994 on: February 07, 2017, 06:36:49 PM »
So a friend recently showed me this game. It's pretty much a remake of the old Wipeout games (antigravity racing). Get it, it's free.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2995 on: February 07, 2017, 07:05:04 PM »
So a friend recently showed me this game. It's pretty much a remake of the old Wipeout games (antigravity racing). Get it, it's free.

Yup this is happening when I get home.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2996 on: February 07, 2017, 08:45:47 PM »

Love RE and have played most of its games, except that one - hope to fix that soon :P

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2997 on: February 08, 2017, 03:54:49 AM »
I was a complete RE n00b - I had only played bits and pieces of the second and the fourth one. So RE7 is the first one I've properly played through - and I enjoyed it so much, I'm thinking of going back to the earlier entries. :tup

Question - are they considered hard? Cause I found RE7 just the right amount of challenge.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #2998 on: February 08, 2017, 04:07:12 AM »
I was a complete RE n00b - I had only played bits and pieces of the second and the fourth one. So RE7 is the first one I've properly played through - and I enjoyed it so much, I'm thinking of going back to the earlier entries. :tup

Question - are they considered hard? Cause I found RE7 just the right amount of challenge.

The Original PS1 version of RE was ridiculously hard, you were constantly short on ammo and had to run past everything, it didn't help that the controls weren't great. They fixed all that  with remakes and such though. RE2 was easier but still a challenge and they haven't remade that as far as I'm aware? RE3 was REALLY easy, I was so disappointed. Code Veronica was a good challenge from what I remember, I only played the Dreamcast original, not the PS2 remake. I've never actually played through all of RE4  :blush but I have it on my Xbox ready. RE5 was pretty easy and there were no real puzzles at all, was fun playing with a friend (and kinda needed as Sheva was terrible when controlled by AI). Not played all of RE6 but it wasn't very well received.

There's also a whole host of other spin off games but not really played them so can't comment.

Love RE and have played most of its games, except that one - hope to fix that soon :P

Yea, totally get Code Veronica, it's probably my favourite after RE2! Don't think I can get it on the Xbox, which sucks  :tdwn as I'd like to play it again.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2999 on: February 08, 2017, 12:38:27 PM »
I'd go for the remake of the first RE, they made an excellent HD remaster not so long ago.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3000 on: February 08, 2017, 12:45:46 PM »
I'd go for the remake of the first RE, they made an excellent HD remaster not so long ago.

Just played the remaster and it is great.  The game is fairly difficult.  I don't know how I beat it as a kid because some of the puzzles aren't so easy to figure out, plus the camera angles make it difficult to play (the remaster didn't change that, although with the widescreen you may be able to see more, but not enough to take away this difficulty).  The ammo was not an issue for me though.  I think I played on easy and that is why  :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3001 on: February 08, 2017, 08:00:48 PM »
Well taking a break from my usual gaming and diving into Hacknet. I definitely feel like

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3002 on: February 09, 2017, 02:09:26 PM »
My friend went to an event for the beta launch of For Honor.  There were UFC fighters and actors from Game of Thrones there playing the game on twitch/youtube live streaming.  Also lots of big time streamer gamers.  Anyway, he told me to check out the beta so figured why not and maybe if I enjoy it I'll make my own video. 

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3003 on: February 09, 2017, 02:38:03 PM »
Just hooked my PS3 back up before coming into work. My buddy lent me Dante's Inferno so I'm going to play a little bit of that this week.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3004 on: February 09, 2017, 09:13:12 PM »
Finished Hacknet, fucking great little game  :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3005 on: February 10, 2017, 07:04:58 AM »
My friend went to an event for the beta launch of For Honor.  There were UFC fighters and actors from Game of Thrones there playing the game on twitch/youtube live streaming.  Also lots of big time streamer gamers.  Anyway, he told me to check out the beta so figured why not and maybe if I enjoy it I'll make my own video.

So I played For Honor with my buddy last night, turns out his sister's fiance is one of the lead executive producers for the game working at Ubisoft and he knows like 10 dudes who work there so my friend had been playing the game for awhile with them (he told me this info after I was ripping Ubisoft for the bugs not just in the game, but with uplay too).  Game was a bit buggy for me, but honestly a lot of fun when it was working.  Huge melee battle.  I made a quick video playing with my friend and my brother.  You can group into four so I am interested in playing with more people if anyone here is interested.  Game is on steam, but you need uplay to play it.

For Honor Fun

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3006 on: February 10, 2017, 07:12:15 AM »
I've watched several gameplay videos that have popped up from gamer channels I follow, and it looks pretty cool. Probably not my kind of thing, but there's plenty of potential there.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3007 on: February 10, 2017, 07:36:54 AM »
I've watched several gameplay videos that have popped up from gamer channels I follow, and it looks pretty cool. Probably not my kind of thing, but there's plenty of potential there.

I honestly didn't and still kind of think it's not my thing either, but it was fun.  I don't think I'd pay 60 for it honestly. 

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3008 on: February 10, 2017, 02:06:57 PM »
Started both Fallout 1 and Super Metroid. Gonna have some retro fun!

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3009 on: February 10, 2017, 02:31:46 PM »
I have fallout 1 and I've wanted to play through for a while. Have fun!