Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488165 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2940 on: January 28, 2017, 03:44:16 PM »
I finished The Talos Principle. Yeah, that was excellent. Definitely one of the best games that I have played in a long time. The story was supremely compelling, discussing philosophy with Milton was amazingly fun and I loved the atmosphere of the entire game.

I definitely recommend this to anyone that likes puzzle games, philosophy and/or robots.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2941 on: January 28, 2017, 06:37:54 PM »
Currently fucking overpowered in Skyrim. Enchanting skill 100, double enchanted set of clothes for alchemy and smithing, double enchanted set of Daedric armor and double daedric maces... I think you can see where this is going.

Not in to a woman's bedroom anytime soon...  :laugh:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2942 on: January 28, 2017, 09:39:55 PM »
I like philosophy and robots but I am complete shit at puzzle games

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Nice
« Reply #2943 on: January 29, 2017, 12:55:18 AM »
I finished The Talos Principle. Yeah, that was excellent. Definitely one of the best games that I have played in a long time. The story was supremely compelling, discussing philosophy with Milton was amazingly fun and I loved the atmosphere of the entire game.

I definitely recommend this to anyone that likes puzzle games, philosophy and/or robots.
Sounds like my kind of game :metal

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2944 on: January 30, 2017, 01:44:44 AM »
Fuck, Resident Evil 7 is good. And playing it in VR is insane. :| But also insanely fun!  :biggrin:
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2945 on: January 30, 2017, 07:12:57 AM »
Currently fucking overpowered in Skyrim. Enchanting skill 100, double enchanted set of clothes for alchemy and smithing, double enchanted set of Daedric armor and double daedric maces... I think you can see where this is going.

Not in to a woman's bedroom anytime soon...  :laugh:

I grinded the hell out of the remaster so I could create dragon armor. I finally got there and stopped playing about 30 minutes after doing so  :lol.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2946 on: January 30, 2017, 01:06:04 PM »

the DLC is great too btw

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2947 on: January 30, 2017, 01:13:16 PM »

the DLC is great too btw

Yeah, I've heard lots of great stuff about it. I'm definitely getting that soon-ish.

Currently playing Antichamber. Such a great game, once again. I'm madly curious what's up with that floating black mass that you sometimes see through glass walls.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2948 on: January 30, 2017, 03:09:05 PM »
Oh you'll find out about it... well kinda, this game's abstract af :P

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2949 on: January 30, 2017, 03:25:49 PM »
Fuck, Resident Evil 7 is good. And playing it in VR is insane. :| But also insanely fun!  :biggrin:
Love it so far! Started playing yesterday, had to take a break after I got amputated lol. Wasn't the chop chop itself but running around while being forced to look at my damn limp of an arm distracted me quite a bit. :lol I found the game to be pretty intense so I guess VR turns it up to 11.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2950 on: January 30, 2017, 08:57:17 PM »
Started Hotline Miami. Damn this is some tough action.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2951 on: January 31, 2017, 03:42:07 AM »
Love it so far! Started playing yesterday, had to take a break after I got amputated lol. Wasn't the chop chop itself but running around while being forced to look at my damn limp of an arm distracted me quite a bit. :lol I found the game to be pretty intense so I guess VR turns it up to 11.
Yeah, that bit and the following that you're about to see is crazy. :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2952 on: January 31, 2017, 05:56:24 AM »
Saw that the GTA Trilogy (III, Vice City, and San Andreas) was on sale last night in the PS Store. $20 for the 3. Victoria leaves on Thursday for a 9 day vacation to Florida, so this is what I'll be doing in her absence.

Only thing that kind of grinds my gears is that I bought Vice City on my PS3 after also buying it on PS2 and PC way back when. I don't expect to get a free copy based on my PS2 and PC purchases, but the fact that I can't carry the legacy title over from PS3 to PS4 is kind of lame.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:29:51 AM by Chino »

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2953 on: January 31, 2017, 07:16:24 AM »
I've actually been replaying San Andreas lately, after having finished Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony (on the PC).

Since I'd already legitimately beaten San Andreas once, I decided there would be no shame in using cheats to get through some of the tougher parts of the game that make me want to smash my monitor, Hulk-style.  I've managed to easily get through some of the hardest missions with relative ease.  Wu Zi Mu, Farewell My Love, and N.O.E. can all easily be beaten by using the "all pedestrians attack you with weapons" cheat.  Though the races get a little hairy when you get to main roads, as some pedestrians will try to blow you up.  I suck at races anyway.  Also, Freefall, where you take the Dodo plane to intercept another plane and free fall to it, I used a handling editor to cut down the top speed of the target plane.  AFTER trying it about 10 times and not even coming close.  Some people don't like using cheats and normally I don't either, but I don't mind as much if I have already beaten the game without cheating.  I just enjoy the game play and don't want to get stuck on an impossible mission, unable to move forward.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2954 on: January 31, 2017, 07:29:02 AM »
I hear you. I've vowed to not use cheats on any of my playthroughs, with the exception of San Andreas to avoid having to eat and exercise. So. Fucking. Annoying.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2955 on: February 02, 2017, 05:32:07 PM »
That was very tough but excellent. Fantastic synthwave soundtrack :2metal:

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2956 on: February 02, 2017, 07:09:36 PM »
That was very tough but excellent. Fantastic synthwave soundtrack :2metal:

Excellent game

Excellent synthwave soundtrack  :metal   This game and the movie Drive got me in to synthwave. Now I'm obsessed

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2957 on: February 02, 2017, 07:50:44 PM »
Finished Resident Evil 7 last night. I really liked it until the last hour or so. It just felt really rushed and I feel like they missed a few opportunities to use the Bakers.

Overall, I loved it. Genuinely scary and the plantation setting was so damn cool and scary.

For those who have played it, after you get the lantern and open the door on the second floor and explore Evie's room, I don't think I've felt so uncomfortable and scared, they genuinely made that scary. The ball bouncing in the dark, the flashlight flickering... I had goosebumps. The other part that made me jump was when Jack busted through the wall in the beginning.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2958 on: February 03, 2017, 02:28:55 PM »
Checked out some Ghost Recon Wildlands beta streams and it looks interesting, right up my alley since I love tactical milsim games.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2959 on: February 03, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
Finished Resident Evil 7 last night. I really liked it until the last hour or so. It just felt really rushed and I feel like they missed a few opportunities to use the Bakers.

Overall, I loved it. Genuinely scary and the plantation setting was so damn cool and scary.

For those who have played it, after you get the lantern and open the door on the second floor and explore Evie's room, I don't think I've felt so uncomfortable and scared, they genuinely made that scary. The ball bouncing in the dark, the flashlight flickering... I had goosebumps. The other part that made me jump was when Jack busted through the wall in the beginning.

Scariest moment in a game for me was in Silent Hill 3.

The hospital when you enter a room with a bathtub and a fullsize wall to wall mirror.

At one point your reflection stops moving as I knew it would and the bathtub starts filling with blood.

Amazing. So scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XQUWEKCbpE < - - - -

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2960 on: February 03, 2017, 09:09:32 PM »
I fucking loved that moment.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #2961 on: February 03, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »
Wow! It's been so long (last played Silent Hill 3 in 2004) since I played it, I have no recollection of that room at all... so sad...  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2962 on: February 03, 2017, 10:15:30 PM »
Finally started with Dead Space  :metal

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #2963 on: February 03, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »
Finally started with Dead Space  :metal

Lovely! One of my fav series on the PS3! I absolutely love DS1! DS2 is nice in its own way... but I never played DS3. All my friends are saying it is not nearly as good as the first two games. Anyway, enjoy it and let us know what you think.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2964 on: February 04, 2017, 07:32:16 AM »
Loved Dead Space 1, one of the greatest SP campaigns i've played. The game scared the crap out of me but I still couldn't stop playing. DS2 was a bit of a let down but still a good game. Never played DS3 because I felt they left the suspense elements in favor of more action.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2965 on: February 04, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »
Loved Dead Space 1, one of the greatest SP campaigns i've played. The game scared the crap out of me but I still couldn't stop playing. DS2 was a bit of a let down but still a good game. Never played DS3 because I felt they left the suspense elements in favor of more action.

Never played DS1, but I enjoyed DS2.  Not a great game, but enjoyable.  I got DS3 for free and played a few minutes and never came back to it.  I honestly don't remember why.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2966 on: February 04, 2017, 06:59:08 PM »
It just dawned on me today, Where the hell are all the Star Wars games?

Besides lego Force Awakens 2016 (not for me) and Battlefront 2015 (really not for me), its a wasteland out there. The last full blown SW game was force unleashed 2 and that was WAY back in 2010. 

Back in the day, it seemed like there were countless SW games continuously coming out: KOTOR, Jedi outcast, rouge squadron, x wing and tie fighter, shadows of the empire, the original battlefront games,

If there was ever a time to pump them out, I would think it would be now. What gives

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2967 on: February 04, 2017, 07:49:49 PM »
I would say it's run very differently now that they've gotten rid of Lucasarts, so now they're being more selective with projects.
It's a shame, because Star Wars had a solid track record for video games.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2968 on: February 04, 2017, 09:51:48 PM »
Finished World of Final Fantasy. That game was... okay. Story kept swinging from cringe-comedy to totally-serious way too much. Pretty though. Tama is one of the most annoying characters ever with that verbal tic. Now to finish Bravely Default, and then I'm taking a needed break from RPGs for a month or so.

Made my monthly trip back to Minecraft. It's a work in progress, but I want to make an underwater tunnel system below my town that connects to all the major landmarks. I made a hub. Still need to decorate it with hanging vines and falling water. Mapping out the tunnels will be a chore, but that's what spectator mode is for, I guess.

Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2969 on: February 05, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
Tama is one of the most annoying characters ever with that verbal tic.

:angry: You take that the back !

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2970 on: February 05, 2017, 04:21:30 PM »
Tama is one of the most annoying characters ever with that verbal tic.

:angry: You take that the back !

Get it out of my head GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2971 on: February 05, 2017, 05:16:22 PM »
I WILL THE NOT !!!!

I thought it was funny. My 13 yr old bro was playing and I laughed every time.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2972 on: February 05, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »
Well finished Dead Space. Pretty fun game, not really scary at all tho. Just a solid RE4 in space  :metal

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2973 on: February 06, 2017, 01:31:48 AM »
I've also finished Resident Evil VII. Overall, I loved it, amazing game. And having it playable in VR was a genius move, I played it like that all the way. :tup The first truly amazing VR game. (Yeah, Batman Arkham VR was also amazing but way too short to be labeled a proper game if you ask me...)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2974 on: February 06, 2017, 05:35:05 AM »
Overall I like the PS4 controller but I wish the SHARE and OPTIONS buttons were slightly proud of the casing.

I have to look down at the controller every time I want to use either of them.