Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489062 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2695 on: November 29, 2016, 05:38:22 AM »
I got Ori and the Blind Forest, and have played it a few times, but I keep rage quitting at the difficulty, and I only have it on easy. :lol

I also picked up a game called Rochard because it was only $1 for today. It wasn't one of the games I'm most interested in, but I can't turn down a game on my wishlist for that price, and the ratings for it are pretty good.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2696 on: November 29, 2016, 08:14:51 AM »
Rochard is a fun platformer - for $1 definitely a good deal!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2697 on: November 29, 2016, 06:19:33 PM »
I grabbed Fallout 4 on the steam sale. I was a bit turned off in the beginning by how quickly it got moving, but now that I'm past the intro bit I'm really digging it.

Also, the interface is complete garbage wtf Bethesda

I've only gotten maybe an hour into it, I really need to go back and revisit it, especially with my new graphics card.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2698 on: December 01, 2016, 06:14:24 AM »
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:40:01 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #2699 on: December 01, 2016, 08:38:10 AM »

Mafia 3 had a lot of bad reviews, but I got it yesterday, and I'm totally digging it. I'm not really a "hardcore" gamer, so
I'm not really that nitpicky as others may be about certain things.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2700 on: December 01, 2016, 12:53:01 PM »
Pretty sure I have the only remaining Playstation VR in CT on hold. Picking it up after work  :metal I'm so freaking excited. I've waited for this day since I tried the Nintendo Virtual Boy in Toys R' Us and my mom said "NO! You already have a Gameboy".

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2701 on: December 01, 2016, 12:57:05 PM »
Pretty sure I have the only remaining Playstation VR in CT on hold. Picking it up after work  :metal I'm so freaking excited. I've waited for this day since I tried the Nintendo Virtual Boy in Toys R' Us and my mom said "NO! You already have a Gameboy".

Im curious to hear your review.  Did you get any VR games too?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2702 on: December 01, 2016, 01:05:22 PM »

Im curious to hear your review.  Did you get any VR games too?

I have nothing at this point. I had my debit card tied to my PSN account and Webster shut it down 3 days before my annual renewal. They forced me to switch to my chip card. So tonight I'm just going to re establish that account (lost all the free games I got  :tdwn ) and download a few. Probably won't get to really dive into it until the weekend.

I called all the Gamestops within 40 miles of me, and none have the playstation camera in stock. From what I've gathered, a bunch of the games can only be played with the move controllers, so I'm going to have to be careful to not accidentally buy those.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2703 on: December 01, 2016, 04:47:32 PM »
Played VVVVVV the other night, funny little game.

Now playing Silent Hill 4: The Room. This shit's disturbing. Kinda wished the controllers were less shitty tho.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2704 on: December 01, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »
Played VVVVVV the other night, funny little game.

VVVVVV is a great game! So much fun, and an awesome soundtrack!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2705 on: December 02, 2016, 01:10:38 AM »
Have fun! I can highly recommend Batman: Arkham VR. Just be aware that it's really short and there's no action at all but other than that, it's just as well made as you might expected. :tup
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2706 on: December 02, 2016, 05:52:32 AM »
So Playstation VR is the is the absolute shit. I ended up buying the headset, camera, and motion controllers. Picked up that Batman game and some mech robot fighting league game. Haven't tried the robot game yet, but Batman was sweet. I'm blown away by the device, truly. I can't see how that technology won't be successful. Even something as simple as the Batman game was amazing. There's an objective when you're in a morgue inspecting bodies and you can go nose to nose with the corpses and view them from practically any angle you choose. I'm very impressed. I can't imagine what a system like the Vive is like with a beast of a computer powering it.

I think I discovered that I need glasses though. I've been suspecting my eyesight has been starting to go, and I think the VR headset confirmed it. Everything looked really good in general, but when I was picking up clipboards in the morgue, the small writing was blurry. If I squinted a bit (kind of like I have to do if I put my girlfriend's glasses on), everything became razor sharp and clear. I can't wait to mess with it some more.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2707 on: December 02, 2016, 06:55:09 AM »
I think I discovered that I need glasses though. I've been suspecting my eyesight has been starting to go, and I think the VR headset confirmed it. Everything looked really good in general, but when I was picking up clipboards in the morgue, the small writing was blurry. If I squinted a bit (kind of like I have to do if I put my girlfriend's glasses on), everything became razor sharp and clear. I can't wait to mess with it some more.

Has there been any studies or anything that show the effect of VR on your eyes?  Obviously your problems can't be contributed to it, but like 3D can sometimes be tough on your eyes.  Wondering if VR has any similar effect.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2708 on: December 02, 2016, 07:04:14 AM »

Has there been any studies or anything that show the effect of VR on your eyes?  Obviously your problems can't be contributed to it, but like 3D can sometimes be tough on your eyes.  Wondering if VR has any similar effect.

Can't be any worse for my eyes than staring at two 24" screens for 8+ hours a day  :lol I'm not sure VR/3D has any effects on your eyes, but motion sickness is pretty common, and too much latency can give you some good headaches.

The style of VR/3D the PSVR uses probably doesn't affect your eyes much. Because there are two screens in the headset, you just look at things exactly the same whay you would in real life. I think eye problems can come once you start using a display such as the one on a Nintendo 3DS. You have to almost cross your eyes and force them to refocus in order to produce the depth required for the 3D effect. According to Nintendo's warnings, that shouldn't be done for long periods of time. I think they even recommend taking a break every 30 minutes to let your eyes rest.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2709 on: December 02, 2016, 07:10:33 AM »

Can't be any worse for my eyes than staring at two 24" screens for 8+ hours a day  :lol I'm not sure VR/3D has any effects on your eyes, but motion sickness is pretty common, and too much latency can give you some good headaches.

The style of VR/3D the PSVR uses probably doesn't affect your eyes much. Because there are two screens in the headset, you just look at things exactly the same whay you would in real life. I think eye problems can come once you start using a display such as the one on a Nintendo 3DS. You have to almost cross your eyes and force them to refocus in order to produce the depth required for the 3D effect. According to Nintendo's warnings, that shouldn't be done for long periods of time. I think they even recommend taking a break every 30 minutes to let your eyes rest.

Yea, I experimented with nvidias 3D awhile ago.  It worked alright and all, but I found I couldn't play more than an hour at once before feeling exhausted.  I only got a headache the first time I played and then I think my eyes adjusted.  I don't want to compare VR to 3D, but was curious about long term effect on your body.  I think we all stare at screens too much now adays anyways (definitely myself as well).

Offline adace

« Reply #2710 on: December 03, 2016, 07:22:54 PM »
Trailer for The Last of Us 2!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqU58Q72acA

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #2711 on: December 03, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2712 on: December 03, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »
:zydar:

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #2713 on: December 04, 2016, 12:38:53 AM »
So, is anyone else excited for Mass Effect: Andromeda?
https://youtu.be/NOIzH6UcoW4

Also the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy remastered!
https://youtu.be/F7G91RjVmvk

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2714 on: December 04, 2016, 03:29:47 AM »
Trailer for The Last of Us 2!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqU58Q72acA
Man, I got chills at the way the crowd reacted to the Fireflies logo.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2715 on: December 04, 2016, 06:46:55 PM »
I asked for the PSVR for Christmas, hopefully I get it. I'm excited to play Until Dawn: Rush of Blood as well as a game that is on Vive and to be released on PSVR called Dead Secret. You play a journalist in 1965 investigating the murder of a college professor. Really great game and scary in an unexpected way
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2716 on: December 04, 2016, 07:54:54 PM »
I'm sure no one here cares anymore except me, but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDFZIUdo764
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2717 on: December 04, 2016, 08:16:11 PM »
I'd forgotten to check out the latest trailer. That one didn't do much for me, but I'm sure it will be a good game. I enjoyed the last trailer a lot more.
It will probably be a long time before I ever play it though, since I don't intend on getting a Switch or Wii U. I haven't even played SS yet even though I have a Wii now.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2718 on: December 05, 2016, 06:53:16 AM »
I tried the PSVR version of Resident Evil 7 last night. I made it about six minutes before having to stop. I'm too much of a bitch.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2719 on: December 05, 2016, 10:44:40 AM »
I'm sure no one here cares anymore except me, but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDFZIUdo764

Really loving how easily difficult it can be if you're dumb and wander into places you shouldn't.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #2720 on: December 05, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »
So, is anyone else excited for Mass Effect: Andromeda?
https://youtu.be/NOIzH6UcoW4

The Mass Effect franchise is probably my favorite video game franchise ever, so hell yea I am pumped for ME:A. It looks great.

The Last of Us is perhaps my favorite video game of all-time, so I'm also super pumped for that.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2721 on: December 05, 2016, 04:24:09 PM »
I definitely can't wait for the new mass effect.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2722 on: December 05, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »
https://kinmoku.itch.io/one-night-stand

Name says it all. Enjoy all the excitement of waking up hungover in a stranger's bed, without having to worry about any real world consequences.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2723 on: December 05, 2016, 10:29:03 PM »
I tried the PSVR version of Resident Evil 7 last night. I made it about six minutes before having to stop. I'm too much of a bitch.
Really looking forward to RE7 on VR next year. That's gonna be a lot of fun! I've heard in the kitchen demo when she stabs your leg, some people flinch and have the sensation of something touching their leg. I think that's really cool.

Have you ever heard of the game Dead Secret, Chino?
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2724 on: December 06, 2016, 12:46:33 AM »
Really looking forward to RE7 on VR next year. That's gonna be a lot of fun! I've heard in the kitchen demo when she stabs your leg, some people flinch and have the sensation of something touching their leg. I think that's really cool.
I also tried the Kitchen demo last night, and man, I never thought a video game, let alone a short demo, could scare me so much.  :lol I was uncomfortable for the rest of the evening.

Also, a new Last of Us and Mass Effect?? I cannot wait for both of them! :metal
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2725 on: December 06, 2016, 03:05:59 AM »
Last Guardian is finally out. Looks cool, but I am going to wait for it to come down in price first.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2726 on: December 06, 2016, 04:11:18 AM »
Bro bought round PSVR and it was pretty fun. Job Simulator is hilarious.

Shark Diving was great. I was able to disconnect from what I was seeing although you do feel exposed when the shark rips the front of your cage off. :P

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2727 on: December 06, 2016, 06:10:28 AM »

Have you ever heard of the game Dead Secret, Chino?

I have not. Do tell.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2728 on: December 06, 2016, 08:48:56 AM »
It's game that's already out on some VR platforms but it's coming to PSVR eventually. You play as a reporter in Kansas in 1965 investigating the mysterious death of a reclusive professor. You basically investigate the house he was murdered in and discover clues as to who killed him. However, the killer is still in the house and makes random appearances throughout the game. Honestly, the first time he/she makes their appearance, I jumped outta my seat. You're in the upstairs bedroom and find the knob to the drawer downstairs and start making your way down. As soon as you exit the room, the killer is making their way up the steps. It freaked me out.

I just find it to be an interesting game. I like the concept and the way the story is told. It's nothing that will blow your mind, but I've had a lot of fun with it.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline adace

« Reply #2729 on: December 07, 2016, 03:06:29 PM »
I definitely can't wait for the new mass effect.
Same. Definitely my most anticipated game for next year.