Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488153 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2660 on: November 24, 2016, 05:50:23 AM »
Steam sale is on. I think I'm overdue to finally get Ori and the Blind Forest.
I still have to finish off Freedom Planet which I started the other day, and I just have to beat the final boss to finish off Guacamelee, which was a great game. Platformers 4 life.

I'm considering picking up Battlefront 2 for $2.50 just for nostalgia sake, because I used to have so much fun playing that game on the original XBOX with my friend, although I don't know that it will be as fun on PC with no multiplayer. For the price I'd probably take the risk though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2661 on: November 24, 2016, 06:25:57 AM »
I just saw the sale today and the things I'm interested in I already own. I do want to buy Planet Coaster though but that's not on sale.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2662 on: November 24, 2016, 06:30:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure you already own everything on Steam at least twice over. :lol
I have about 30 things on my Steam wishlist, but I'm cheap and don't game that often, so I only buy a few at each sale. I'm way overdue for Ori though. It wasn't on sale during the Summer sale unfortunately.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2663 on: November 24, 2016, 06:44:03 AM »
Get Ori, you'll love it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2664 on: November 24, 2016, 06:45:34 AM »
I'm sure I will, I've just been too cheap to get it. I watched a full playthrough when it first came out and it looked like a great game.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2665 on: November 24, 2016, 07:22:50 AM »
I just saw the sale today and the things I'm interested in I already own. I do want to buy Planet Coaster though but that's not on sale.
Planet Coaster looks really fun.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2666 on: November 24, 2016, 09:39:05 AM »
GODDAMMIT MORE THAN HALF MY WISHLIST HAS AT LEAST A 50% DISCOUNT GOODBYE MONEY

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2667 on: November 24, 2016, 09:52:18 AM »
Loving the discounts. Just picked up Hitman the complete first season  :smiley:

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2668 on: November 24, 2016, 10:16:09 AM »
Got Portal 2, two copies - finally will be able to play cooperative with my brother and friends  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2669 on: November 24, 2016, 12:43:58 PM »
please get ori and the blind forest

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2670 on: November 24, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »
So far just bought Life is Strange and Undertale.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2671 on: November 24, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »
Oh man Hitman! I forgot about that. I need to pick that up.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2672 on: November 24, 2016, 04:27:38 PM »
So far just bought Life is Strange and Undertale.
you have done well, my child

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2673 on: November 24, 2016, 05:27:40 PM »
Oh man Hitman! I forgot about that. I need to pick that up.

Oh man, its so good!!   With all the insane and goofy ways you can kill targets, its so much fun.

I got the full first season with all the episodes for $35 total since there's the sale going on.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2674 on: November 24, 2016, 06:18:28 PM »
That's not bad. I've heard so many good things about Hitman. The last hitman game I played was blood money which I sucked at but really liked.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2675 on: November 24, 2016, 09:39:43 PM »
please get ori and the blind forest

Bought and downloaded last night, had almost the exact amount in my Steam wallet from my birthday too. :tup

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2676 on: November 25, 2016, 03:47:02 PM »
Finally bought that dinosaur of a game Skyrim for PC. Already had it for PS3, but it's bad on that system because no mods and generally awful frames. It isn't great on my current laptop either (about the same area of 30 frames), but at least now I own it so that when I get a good computer with good parts, I will be able to run the game looking gorgeous. Though I have had a lot of fun with it so far, running a destruction/shield/heavyarmor build.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2677 on: November 25, 2016, 07:05:51 PM »
I can't wait until I'm settled into our house where I can finally boot up and play some skyrim.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2678 on: November 25, 2016, 07:10:55 PM »
debating whether or not i should get some of the more steeply-discounted games on my wishlist since on one hand i want 'em and they're cheap but on the other hand i have so many games already

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2679 on: November 25, 2016, 10:53:25 PM »
Don't buy them, you can always get them on another sale - you still have many already to play so :P

Also, recently finished Transistor, it was very good, god-tier artistry, excellent trip-hop soundtrack, great combat system, nice story. Liked it a lot more than Bastion. Hyped for the studio's next title!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2680 on: November 25, 2016, 11:04:36 PM »
yeah i probably won't tbh. the games i want more than any others aren't really discounted much at all right now so  :lol
also pokemon is a thing too sooooo

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2681 on: November 26, 2016, 12:22:07 AM »
Beat pokemon sun (to credits, not postgame). All I can say is that without spoiling it, it was much more difficult than X/Y and much much better than it and OR/AS
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2682 on: November 26, 2016, 03:16:07 AM »
So i'm re-watching Nolans Batman series while playing Batman: Arkham City. Such a fun and well made game.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #2683 on: November 26, 2016, 06:29:50 AM »
Beat pokemon sun (to credits, not postgame). All I can say is that without spoiling it, it was much more difficult than X/Y and much much better than it and OR/AS

That's good to hear. I'll finally start it tomorrow. :drool:
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2684 on: November 26, 2016, 01:35:44 PM »
Just played 4 hours of Portal 2 coop with my brother. Damn, it was fucking awesome.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2685 on: November 28, 2016, 01:55:09 PM »
So i'm re-watching Nolans Batman series while playing Batman: Arkham City. Such a fun and well made game.

Man, I really want to buy and play through Arkham Knight.  I just don't trust it to actually work.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2686 on: November 28, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »
Finished Another World. Well, actually got stuck midway because I suck at these games and watched a gameplay of the rest  :lol

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #2687 on: November 28, 2016, 02:04:53 PM »

Man, I really want to buy and play through Arkham Knight.  I just don't trust it to actually work.

I got it for PC earlier this year, and it ran like shit. I never bothered to finish it. It's a damn shame because I loved all the Arkham games before it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2688 on: November 28, 2016, 02:19:57 PM »

I got it for PC earlier this year, and it ran like shit. I never bothered to finish it. It's a damn shame because I loved all the Arkham games before it.

Yea I read the amazon reviews and the newer ones still say to purchase at your own risk.  My friend just got it for console and was telling me how awesome it was and it really made me jealous of a console gamer for once  :lol but it sucks so much since like you said, the older Arkham games were soooo good.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2689 on: November 28, 2016, 03:14:22 PM »

Yea I read the amazon reviews and the newer ones still say to purchase at your own risk.  My friend just got it for console and was telling me how awesome it was and it really made me jealous of a console gamer for once  :lol but it sucks so much since like you said, the older Arkham games were soooo good.
That's a shame, I also love the series. How's Batman: Arkham Origins though? I got the game a while ago when I bought some other game but I never bothered to install it since I never finished Arkham City. I plan to finish that game now though and then continue with Origins.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2690 on: November 28, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »

That's a shame, I also love the series. How's Batman: Arkham Origins though? I got the game a while ago when I bought some other game but I never bothered to install it since I never finished Arkham City. I plan to finish that game now though and then continue with Origins.

Loved it.  I mean, it's not much different than Arkham City and if you liked the other games, you'll like this one.  I don't recall specifics about it to make it stand out any differently honestly, but I think I came away thinking Arkham City was my favorite of all 3 games.  Sucks to not be able to finish the series.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2691 on: November 28, 2016, 03:57:07 PM »
Also, does anyone else record their video game playing with plays.tv?  Just downloaded the app and it works really well, also records my webcam.  I've been gathering footage of rocket league playing and started to edit together a video of mostly me being an idiot while playing (you can watch the play and me yelling  :lol).  My one friend said it was actually entertaining to watch so far.  I'm wondering if I can make some cool youtube videos with it.

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #2692 on: November 28, 2016, 04:31:59 PM »

Origins is good, too. I know a lot of people complained about it feeling "samey", but it wasn't an issue for me. Truth be told, when they try to dramatically overhaul something that was always good before, the end result is usually garbage. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and all that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2693 on: November 28, 2016, 05:01:32 PM »

Origins is good, too. I know a lot of people complained about it feeling "samey", but it wasn't an issue for me. Truth be told, when they try to dramatically overhaul something that was always good before, the end result is usually garbage. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and all that.

Yea, I had no issues with it being samey.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #2694 on: November 29, 2016, 05:27:58 AM »
I grabbed Fallout 4 on the steam sale. I was a bit turned off in the beginning by how quickly it got moving, but now that I'm past the intro bit I'm really digging it.

Also, the interface is complete garbage wtf Bethesda
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.