Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489037 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2625 on: November 14, 2016, 06:49:55 AM »
Sorry, I was actually responding to the news from adace about Watch Dogs 2. I probably should have been more specific about which game I was talking about in my post. :mehlin

Haha. My bad.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Hue
« Reply #2626 on: November 14, 2016, 07:49:23 AM »
Well I actually agree that Dishonored is a boring game :neverusethis:

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2627 on: November 14, 2016, 09:25:12 AM »
Finally caught up on the Dragon Ages games, man what a series! Maybe not quite as superb as Mass Effect, but really immersive and intense with some great humour as well.
Yeah, it's awesome! Can't wait for the next one.
Totally.

One thing that was kinda silly but didn't affect me as I had the GOTY edition of Inquisition was the way the vanilla game doesn't really end properly, and that the Trespasser DLC was basically the actual ending. I mean, it's not 100% necessary in the sense that the next game will presumably continue the Solas story-line which was hinted at with the vanilla "ending", but still.

Anyway, yeah amazing characters and really immersive settings and world building. For me the games got better and better with each one (location design in II was laughably lazy, but otherwise it was a really fantastic game), so very excited about the next one.

ME: Andromeda first, of course.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline adace

Re: Hue
« Reply #2628 on: November 14, 2016, 06:26:18 PM »
Finally caught up on the Dragon Ages games, man what a series! Maybe not quite as superb as Mass Effect, but really immersive and intense with some great humour as well.
Totally.

One thing that was kinda silly but didn't affect me as I had the GOTY edition of Inquisition was the way the vanilla game doesn't really end properly, and that the Trespasser DLC was basically the actual ending. I mean, it's not 100% necessary in the sense that the next game will presumably continue the Solas story-line which was hinted at with the vanilla "ending", but still.

Anyway, yeah amazing characters and really immersive settings and world building. For me the games got better and better with each one (location design in II was laughably lazy, but otherwise it was a really fantastic game), so very excited about the next one.

Yeah DA:I is great, definitely my favorite in the series.

I'm super excited for ME: Andromeda as well. Definitely at the top of my 2017 wishlist along with RDR 2.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this too. As far as stealth games go, I like the new Deus Ex much better because it has more interesting environments, better powers and a way cooler story.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:34:52 PM by adace »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2629 on: November 14, 2016, 06:43:34 PM »
Just finished ME2, so I am catching up for ME: Andromeda!

And for all you  NES/Zelda fans out there, if you have an Emulator and a Legend of Zelda ROM, now you can randomize your game! Randomize the enemies, item drops, dungeon placement, and many more aspects. A cool new way to challenge yourself on an old game.

https://sites.google.com/site/zeldarandomizer/
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2630 on: November 14, 2016, 06:47:56 PM »

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this too. As far as stealth games go, I like the new Deus Ex much better because it has more interesting environments, better powers and a way cooler story.
I played it twice in different modes, and full stealth was boring and very slow, and going rambo didn't last much for me  :lol

Dunno, it's not a very deep game in any sense, I've seen everything it was done before, and better. I love the Steampunk aesthetics tho.

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #2631 on: November 14, 2016, 07:00:14 PM »
I've been in the mood for some Metroid recently, so I bought the two GBA titles on VC.

Fusion is the one I played back in middle school, so I decided to revisit it first. My best run of Fusion earned the 100% <2 hrs ending, so I'm attempting a 1% run this time. Even the early parts of the game are difficult now.  :lol I'm already dreading some of the later bosses. The spider and Nightmare in particular will be brutal.

I've never played Zero Mission or the original Metroid, so I look forward to finally tackling a title I should have played years ago.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2632 on: November 14, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »
I've never played Zero Mission or the original Metroid, so I look forward to finally tackling a title I should have played years ago.
An awesome game there  :metal

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2633 on: November 14, 2016, 09:48:32 PM »

And for all you  NES/Zelda fans out there, if you have an Emulator and a Legend of Zelda ROM, now you can randomize your game! Randomize the enemies, item drops, dungeon placement, and many more aspects. A cool new way to challenge yourself on an old game.

You can also do this with A Link to the Past, though it only randomizes item locations. I've not played much of Zelda 1 so I'm  not nearly familiar enough with it to try a randomizer, but I've done a few playthroughs of the LttP version.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #2634 on: November 15, 2016, 06:35:19 AM »

Been using this for months. LoZ is my favorite game, and the Randomizer is AMAZING. It's like playing it for the first time, every time.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #2635 on: November 15, 2016, 06:58:01 AM »

I'm getting really excited for Andromeda. I hope that it comes out in March as planned. It looks like it's going to be a bit of a different Mass Effect game from what we're used to, which should be fun.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2636 on: November 15, 2016, 07:33:39 AM »
Sounds like it's going to be a standalone story, but they've also hinted at it opening up new ideas, so it might be that they do more of a Dragon Age/KOTOR thing with it where subsequent games reflect what happened in the previous one but aren't a full continuation of the story with the same protagonist, etc.

I'm really excited either way. Bioware's games are awesome.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2637 on: November 15, 2016, 07:49:53 AM »
Got my birthday coming up at the end of the month. Told Victoria and my folks who still insist on giving birthday gifts to just give me Gamestop giftcards. Playstation VR will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:03:15 AM by Chino »

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2638 on: November 15, 2016, 10:48:10 AM »
Totally.

Funny timing. I picked the GOTY edition a couple months back on live for $16 and just started playing last week. I loved the first one and thought the second one was good but was a step back. So far I'm 8 hours in and it's getting better but I thought the start of the game was really confusing. They kind of just throw you in to your character and the story gets rolling. It took me awhile to even figure out what the Inquisition was. I still don't really feel like I know my companions yet or have a firm grasp on what's going on. I'm assuming it will get better as the game progresses.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2639 on: November 15, 2016, 01:46:16 PM »
Totally.

Funny timing. I picked the GOTY edition a couple months back on live for $16 and just started playing last week. I loved the first one and thought the second one was good but was a step back. So far I'm 8 hours in and it's getting better but I thought the start of the game was really confusing. They kind of just throw you in to your character and the story gets rolling. It took me awhile to even figure out what the Inquisition was. I still don't really feel like I know my companions yet or have a firm grasp on what's going on. I'm assuming it will get better as the game progresses.
Yeah Inquisition takes the longest to settle in, but by the end you should know the characters really well if you keep spending lots of time chatting to them, and it's totally worth it. I clocked up a total of 101 hours in the end!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2640 on: November 15, 2016, 01:58:21 PM »
I'm playing through Borderlands 2 again. I love it so much.

I've started The Pre Sequel but I lost interest. I may start again from the beginning...

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2641 on: November 15, 2016, 05:10:06 PM »
Been using this for months. LoZ is my favorite game, and the Randomizer is AMAZING. It's like playing it for the first time, every time.

I thought that too! It's amazing how much luck plays in to a randomized game. Walk in to a dungeon, turn left, and get the piece of Triforce! Walk in to an existing opening, pay for the door repair charge! I didn't realize there was an ALttP version, I might try that as well.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2642 on: November 15, 2016, 06:51:59 PM »
Anyone that wanna try out Steep, there's an open beta starting this friday.

I usually don't play games like this but because I used to ski alot when I was younger and I love winter, I can almost feel the cold fresh air and how much I used to love it playing this game. It was always so peaceful up on the mountain. Even though this of course is just a game I still find that peace while skiing, the game is starting to grow alot even though there's still some things I like them to change. However the whole skiing freely in an openworld/sandbox kind of way is a great concept.

Here's some footage I recorded earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdJIdSX1sk
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline adace

« Reply #2643 on: November 16, 2016, 12:30:19 AM »
Picked up Watch Dogs 2 today and so far it's great. Tons of variety and stuff to do, beautiful setting, engaging story and characters. Can't really ask for much more.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2644 on: November 16, 2016, 06:30:27 AM »
Finally found a decently high res version of this. I'm having Costco make me a huge print.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2645 on: November 16, 2016, 11:38:47 AM »
Does the boat represent the titanic

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2646 on: November 16, 2016, 05:41:23 PM »

and my installation video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLk5bKvmhY8

So far I only played Battlefield 1 and noticed a HUGE performance and visual difference compared to my GTX 770.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2647 on: November 20, 2016, 04:12:19 PM »
Daughter is 6 and we want to get her a 2DS. Would you recommend a 2DS for durability or a 3DS for the 3D?

Also do all 3DS games play on the 2DS?
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2648 on: November 20, 2016, 04:37:55 PM »
cramx I'm so excited for you. Enjoy the card!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2649 on: November 20, 2016, 06:21:04 PM »
Started Transistor yesterday. Gosh this one looks gorgeous  :o

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2650 on: November 20, 2016, 06:36:53 PM »
Daughter is 6 and we want to get her a 2DS. Would you recommend a 2DS for durability or a 3DS for the 3D?

The 2DS hardware is the same as the 3DS except for the screen, so yes it will play all 3DS games. I wouldn't really recommend the 3D feature for a 6 year old anyway. It's not good for the eyes for extended use, plus it's difficult to hold it in the right position for it to look right. I've very rarely used the 3D.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2651 on: November 20, 2016, 08:11:30 PM »

The 2DS hardware is the same as the 3DS except for the screen, so yes it will play all 3DS games. I wouldn't really recommend the 3D feature for a 6 year old anyway. It's not good for the eyes for extended use, plus it's difficult to hold it in the right position for it to look right. I've very rarely used the 3D.

Thanks. We are leaning towards the 2DS anyway and the guy st GameStop recommended it as well just because it's more durable, and chances are she wouldn't care about the 3D thing Anyway.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2652 on: November 21, 2016, 01:19:12 AM »

Actually, the new 3DS has a function where the camera scans where your eyes are at all times and adjust the 3D so it should (in theory) look good in every angle. At least for a single player, not sure what will happen if there's two people in front of the screen. :lol
But I agree that it's probably not good for a 6 year old.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2653 on: November 21, 2016, 01:33:52 AM »

Actually, the new 3DS has a function where the camera scans where your eyes are at all times and adjust the 3D so it should (in theory) look good in every angle. At least for a single player, not sure what will happen if there's two people in front of the screen. :lol
But I agree that it's probably not good for a 6 year old.

Cool, I wasn't aware of that, I was only thinking of the standard 3DS from the same generation as the 2DS, not the New 3DS.
Geez, Nintendo really need to come up with a better naming scheme. This gets confusing quickly. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2654 on: November 21, 2016, 02:08:13 AM »
Titanfall 2 is on sale right now on Origin, I highly recommend it.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2655 on: November 21, 2016, 02:23:05 AM »
Geez, Nintendo really need to come up with a better naming scheme. This gets confusing quickly. :lol
Tell me about it, I've ranted several times on their stupid names. :lol Between the 3DS, New 3DS and the 2DS, not to mention Wii and Wii U, shit gets confusing!
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2656 on: November 21, 2016, 05:58:30 AM »
Is Titanfall 2 still have a bit player base, I remember wanting Titanfall when it first came out but it looked like the players abandoned it after the first six months.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2657 on: November 21, 2016, 10:30:42 AM »
Yea as far as I can tell. The matchmaking is very well done and basically no waiting time between matches and MP runs smoothly. The sales weren't great though but it seems like people who bought it enjoys it from the feedback i've seen. All future DLCs are for free so that will keep people interested for a while.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:57:20 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2658 on: November 22, 2016, 06:45:09 AM »

Thanks. We are leaning towards the 2DS anyway and the guy st GameStop recommended it as well just because it's more durable, and chances are she wouldn't care about the 3D thing Anyway.

One other thing to consider is that there may be some games that are exclusive to the New 3DS that you may end up wanting but won't be able to play on a 2DS. I'm not sure how many of these exclusives there currently are and I only know of Xenoblade being exclusive but there may be others already or eventually. You could probably Google something like "list of New 3DS exclusives" if you wanted to be sure you weren't potentially missing out on anything you may have wanted.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2659 on: November 22, 2016, 09:09:38 AM »
Titanfall 2 is on sale right now on Origin, I highly recommend it.

Thanks, purchased this yesterday and made a nice dent in the single player which was fun.