Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488153 times)

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2275 on: July 13, 2016, 08:22:41 AM »
Bought Doom during Amazon's Prime Day, should have some time to check it out on Saturday.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2280 on: July 14, 2016, 10:45:06 AM »
Nintendo should do this for every one of their legacy consoles. Yeah, I'm aware my laptop has every emulator under the sun on it and thousands of roms, but there's a cool factor to this that can't be replicated.

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #2281 on: July 14, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »
YES PLEASE! I would die to have a SNES, N64 and Gamecube mini-console with remakes of the controllers of each console (well, ok they don`t need to remake the GC controllers I guess :P) and a collection of games from these consoles.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2282 on: July 14, 2016, 10:53:45 AM »
Nintendo should do this for every one of their legacy consoles. Yeah, I'm aware my laptop has every emulator under the sun on it and thousands of roms, but there's a cool factor to this that can't be replicated.

Id buy a SNES one, never actually owned a SNES before.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2283 on: July 14, 2016, 10:56:01 AM »
I would buy a SNES one so fast I'd probably break the keyboard. Just give me Super Mario World, Star Fox, and Mario Kart, and anything else would just be gravy.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #2284 on: July 14, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »
The games list for this is really great. Unfortunate that you can't use carts, but some of the best games to come to the system make this absolutely worth getting. Zelda 1+2, Mega Man 2, all 3 Marios, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Kirby, Castlevania, and Super C are among the systems best, everything else is gravy. If I could make a list of 30 NES games to be on this, those would all make the cut.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2285 on: July 14, 2016, 11:08:08 AM »
The games list for this is really great. Unfortunate that you can't use carts, but some of the best games to come to the system make this absolutely worth getting. Zelda 1+2, Mega Man 2, all 3 Marios, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Kirby, Castlevania, and Super C are among the systems best, everything else is gravy. If I could make a list of 30 NES games to be on this, those would all make the cut.

Only game I really wish was there and isn't is Contra. However, they included Bubble Bobble, so I'll let it slide.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #2286 on: July 14, 2016, 11:32:52 AM »
Yeah, Bubble Bobble is among the ones on here that I would consider "unnecessary, but good to great games." Along with Castlevania 2, Donkey Kong, DKJ, Double Dragon 2, Dr. Mario, Excitebike, Kid Icarus, Pac-Man, Punch Out, Ninja Gaiden, StarTropics, and Tecmo Bowl. Galaga, Ghosts' N Goblins, and Gradius are alright games, too. Only games I feel like are "taking up room that could be used for Duck Tales or Little Samson" are Mario Bros, Balloon Fight (terrible game), and Ice Climber. Not a bad little machine here for $60.
WELP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2287 on: July 14, 2016, 03:34:45 PM »
I would buy a SNES one so fast I'd probably break the keyboard. Just give me Super Mario World, Star Fox, and Mario Kart, and anything else would just be gravy.

It'd have to be all the Marios.

\('o' )

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2288 on: July 14, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »
:rollin

The "on" switch for the new Mini Nes should be - you open the lid and blow inside.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2289 on: July 14, 2016, 04:09:38 PM »
Seconded.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2290 on: July 16, 2016, 12:11:12 AM »
A few of my Hanzo kills over the past couple days that I'm proud of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QtAXo_SOzY&feature=youtu.be

Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2291 on: July 16, 2016, 10:35:49 AM »

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2292 on: July 16, 2016, 12:45:55 PM »

Nice! Hanzo is my favorite character. Here's a recent clip of one of my frantic moments gone right: https://streamable.com/rmcj

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2293 on: July 16, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »

Nice! Hanzo is my favorite character. Here's a recent clip of one of my frantic moments gone right: https://streamable.com/rmcj
That last shot :lol That's the icing on the cake.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2294 on: July 16, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »
Very nice, guys! Hanzo is also one of my favorite characters. Right now it's pretty much a tie between him and Junkrat.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2295 on: July 17, 2016, 08:58:30 AM »
Just finished Tales from the Borderlands. Pretty enjoyable but not as good as TTG's other games such as Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. The ending was especially meh.

That's me right now, also finished playing that and I have pretty much the same opinion. First and second episodes were really great and then it started getting less and less great. Come to think of it, both latest TTG games I've played - Borderlands and Game of Thrones - started out really strong and then became progressively less enjoyable for me with both last episodes being the ones I liked the least.

My TTG games ranking (because that's DTF and we rank things):

The Wolf Among Us
---
The Walking Dead S1
---
Tales from the Borderlands
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead S2

Haven't played The Walking Dead: Michonne yet, and I have no interest in Minecraft game they're doing.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #2296 on: July 17, 2016, 09:49:56 AM »
It's an exciting time to be a gamer. I'm basically just passing the time with Technika Tune and Terraria until Gal*Gun comes out on August 2nd.. Which is gonna pass the time until No Man's Sky comes out a week later, on the 9th.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a game release, but NMS has caught me in its vast web. Keeping my emotions in check is proving to be a real challenge :P

What are you guys looking forward to the most in No Man's Sky (if anything)? For me it's three things in particular:
-Exploring and discovering things nobody has seen or will ever see.
-Learning the economy of the game (trading/crafting/factions/etc)
-The center. The "endgame", or is it just the beginning? I'm guessing that the game doesn't totally end when you reach it.

Haven't tried any TTG games. I've seen people play them on Twitch but it doesn't look something I'd enjoy very much.

Played Overwatch a bunch at launch, but it's been a while since I booted it up. The game is great but it just didn't grab me like I thought it would. Honestly, I'm not cut out for competitive shooters because the pressure makes me crumble like a dollar store cookie.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2297 on: July 17, 2016, 10:20:32 AM »
Just finished Tales from the Borderlands. Pretty enjoyable but not as good as TTG's other games such as Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. The ending was especially meh.

That's me right now, also finished playing that and I have pretty much the same opinion. First and second episodes were really great and then it started getting less and less great. Come to think of it, both latest TTG games I've played - Borderlands and Game of Thrones - started out really strong and then became progressively less enjoyable for me with both last episodes being the ones I liked the least.

My TTG games ranking (because that's DTF and we rank things):

The Wolf Among Us
---
The Walking Dead S1
---
Tales from the Borderlands
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead S2

Haven't played The Walking Dead: Michonne yet, and I have no interest in Minecraft game they're doing.
Haven't finished Tales yet, but that looks about right to me, though I'd probably put TWD s2 roughly on a par with s1. Wolf definitely strongest and GoT definitely weakest IMO.

This is of the modern-TT style games of course. Been playing some of their older games like Jurassic Park, BTTF and Puzzle Agent. Fun games but much less substance overall.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2298 on: July 17, 2016, 10:42:45 AM »
I haven't played borderlands 2 yet so i'm holding off on tales until then. walkind dead s1 is probably my favorite still.

life is strange is another pretty good telltale style game, just not made by telltale.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2299 on: July 18, 2016, 05:15:45 PM »
I haven't played borderlands 2

One of my favorite games, you must play it!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2300 on: July 18, 2016, 05:16:09 PM »
I haven't played borderlands 2

One of my favorite games, you must play it!

This. So much better than the first one. Highly Addictive.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2301 on: July 19, 2016, 07:17:00 AM »
Picked up Just Cause 3 during the Steam Summer Sale and finally played it last night.

Not as good graphically or gameplay wise as GTA, but pretty fun regardless.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2302 on: July 19, 2016, 07:25:58 AM »
Today marks the 4 year anniversary of Game Grumps, one of my favorite gaming related channels on YouTube. <3 Any fans of that here?
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #2303 on: July 19, 2016, 07:41:12 AM »

I actually like the first game more. Better music and atmosphere, and the jokes were more natural instead of being there simply because jokes are expected, like in the second game.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2304 on: July 19, 2016, 07:51:51 AM »
Today marks the 4 year anniversary of Game Grumps, one of my favorite gaming related channels on YouTube. <3 Any fans of that here?

I've never checked it out but I will today.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2305 on: July 19, 2016, 08:14:02 AM »

I'm trying to think of a good series to start with. I think maybe the Super Mario Sunshine series? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRQGRBgN_Enq2ZCxRmlhO0QGHqEFe7VnZ
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2306 on: July 19, 2016, 12:24:35 PM »

I'm trying to think of a good series to start with. I think maybe the Super Mario Sunshine series? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRQGRBgN_Enq2ZCxRmlhO0QGHqEFe7VnZ

I'd go with Super Mario Maker, Super Mario 64, or Ocarina of Time (this one's a bit frustrating at times).
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2307 on: July 19, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »

I actually like the first game more. Better music and atmosphere, and the jokes were more natural instead of being there simply because jokes are expected, like in the second game.

i only finished the first game by putting on my own music instead of the game's music, so i guess the atmosphere didn't work for me
that also drowned out most of the dialogue, so i just used subtitles, and probably missed some of the jokes
but i wouldn't have even played more than a few hours of it otherwise, so

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2308 on: July 19, 2016, 07:36:36 PM »
Yo I didn't know there were other lovelies here represent.

Far and away the best Game Grumps series to watch is Shadow of the Colossus IMO.

Very excited that I have tickets to the Ninja Sex Party show in Toronto next month :caffeine:

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2309 on: July 19, 2016, 08:38:41 PM »
Yo I didn't know there were other lovelies here represent.

Far and away the best Game Grumps series to watch is Shadow of the Colossus IMO.

Very excited that I have tickets to the Ninja Sex Party show in Toronto next month :caffeine:

"I bet it's a billion-person orgy in an ocean of man-cream!"
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin