Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489074 times)

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2065 on: April 22, 2016, 08:25:09 PM »
Finished Dark Souls 3 earlier today, first From game I've beaten so that was exciting...

On to new game + and a different ending!

...my name is Araragi.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2066 on: April 23, 2016, 06:17:31 AM »
:tup, I'm still working on playing Trine and I always play a few rounds of Smite.

Also I have playing a little bit of WoW with my brother.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2067 on: April 27, 2016, 06:39:07 PM »
Now I'm onto my second new game + in DS3. I was hoping to try to max out all the covenants on this playthrough... problem is that there don't seem to be a lot of people on NG++, so I am having trouble summoning/being summoned for Sunbros or invasions...

...my name is Araragi.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2068 on: April 27, 2016, 06:52:40 PM »
Anyone playing Subnautica?

I recently brought it up again. If you like survival games but want something a bit diffrent I highly recommend it. It's fun,  scary and a challenge to survive underwater given you constantly have to check your oxygen level. Finding food and filter water is a constant battle so you're constantly on the edge although once you've set up a base and buildt a water filtration system things get a bit easier. Building bases and maintain them is highly addictive and a minigame in itself. Finding resources is fun and tricky given certain materials only spawn at certain biomes. Have to give some props to the art team because some biomes and faunas are pure Avatar:esque and looks amazing.

The only thing you should know before though is the game is in early alpha still so unstable builds are to be expected. At the moment there's alot of graphical glitches and the game is unoptimized but still it's alot of fun.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2069 on: April 30, 2016, 11:47:38 AM »
The first Bayonetta is on sale for $6 in the PS store til tomorrow for PS Plus members or $8 for non members. It's normally $20 so anyone whom had this on their long term wish list may wanna check it out.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #2070 on: April 30, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »
The first Bayonetta is on sale for $6 in the PS store til tomorrow for PS Plus members or $8 for non members. It's normally $20 so anyone whom had this on their long term wish list may wanna check it out.

I`ve played it on my Wii U and enjoyed the hell out of it! For 6 bucks definitely worth a try.
And afterwards: Everyone play Bayonetta 2, it`s one of the greatest games I`ve played so far.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2071 on: April 30, 2016, 02:12:19 PM »
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2072 on: May 02, 2016, 11:12:19 AM »
Picked up Little Big Planet 3 over the weekend for $20. I put hundreds of hours into the first one way back when and loved it. So far I'm liking this game, but I've been playing for at least 2 hours now and am still doing tutorials for the builder mode. I know what all the parts are and how they work, and those that I don't, I'm sure I'll figure them out. The fact that I can't opt out is really annoying.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2073 on: May 02, 2016, 12:10:25 PM »
Tutorials fucking blow. An overwhelming majority of shit can be figured out by just pressing different buttons and then resorting to various button/D-pad/analog stick combinations by trial and error. The complicated shit can just be tucked away into a quick reference screen in the pause menu. Works fine for MK games.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2074 on: May 02, 2016, 12:12:42 PM »
Mandatory tutorials are aids. They should always be optional, if even necessary at all.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2075 on: May 02, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »
I kind of like the first mission tutorials, where you are already playing the game, but it teaches you the basic gameplay as you go through an easy sequence of the real game.  This way if you already know how to play, you can breeze through and at least enjoy that part of the intro story, or take your time and learn the controls.

Offline adace

« Reply #2076 on: May 02, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
Trailer for Call of Duty Infinite Warfare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGsb7IWEqk

Can't say I'm super-excited for this after the disappointing Black Ops 3 but I'll probably rent it when it comes out. Looks decent enough.

What I'm really excited about though is the remastered version of CoD 4. Hopefully they'll sell that separately at some point.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2077 on: May 02, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
Trailer for Call of Duty Infinite Warfare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGsb7IWEqk

Can't say I'm super-excited for this after the disappointing Black Ops 3 but I'll probably rent it when it comes out. Looks decent enough.

What I'm really excited about though is the remastered version of CoD 4. Hopefully they'll sell that separately at some point.

That's how you know they're desperate to move units.

Offline j

« Reply #2078 on: May 02, 2016, 07:08:17 PM »
Now I'm onto my second new game + in DS3. I was hoping to try to max out all the covenants on this playthrough... problem is that there don't seem to be a lot of people on NG++, so I am having trouble summoning/being summoned for Sunbros or invasions...

Don't think it matters what NG+ cycle you're on.  Just your level and highest upgraded weapon level. :tup  But those are likely getting pretty high if you're on NG++!

Fantastic game.  I highly recommend the others in the series, also Bloodborne.

-J

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2079 on: May 02, 2016, 09:13:30 PM »
It's gotten better when I was playing the last few days, so either a new block of people is catching up to my level or some internet problem I was having got resolved.

Tutorials fucking blow. An overwhelming majority of shit can be figured out by just pressing different buttons and then resorting to various button/D-pad/analog stick combinations by trial and error. The complicated shit can just be tucked away into a quick reference screen in the pause menu. Works fine for MK games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM&list=PLu5a9-aw8CA_xRgSUtUjcEem6d_cJk9Mx&index=2

Also Asagao Academy is great. I never thought dating male youtubers would be so awesome.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2080 on: May 03, 2016, 02:29:49 AM »
I just installed a new game, and I want to run it in a window (I won't play games full screen), but it won't let me move the window because it locks the mouse. Even if I alt+tab out of it, as soon as I try to go back over it, it locks the mouse within the window again. None of the Windows shortcut keys work because the stupid thing it disables it all. I fluked moving it once, but it resets every time I open the game, and I haven't been able to manage it since.
Is there any trick or program you guys know that can easily move a game window? I just want the damn thing in the middle of the screen, and not stuck in the corner.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2081 on: May 05, 2016, 05:17:15 AM »
On this day 24 years ago Wolfenstein 3D was released. One of the first PC games I played along with Wing Commander and Microsoft Golf!  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2082 on: May 05, 2016, 05:41:53 AM »
24 years ago? Dayam. The first time I properly played it was in 2000, and even that feels like a lifetime ago. I'm getting old. :tick:

Finally got around to playing Trine the past couple of days, and love it. I've already put 12 hours into it, almost finished collecting everything. Glad I bought Trine 2 at the same time.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2083 on: May 05, 2016, 07:14:27 AM »
Anyone playing the overwatch beta this weekend?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2084 on: May 05, 2016, 08:56:59 AM »
On this day 24 years ago Wolfenstein 3D was released. One of the first PC games I played along with Wing Commander and Microsoft Golf!  :metal
Microsoft golf! Wow forgot about that game, I loved it as a kid.  And also, props to Wolfenstein, I was more of a Doom player, but still props for the FPS genre.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2085 on: May 05, 2016, 09:02:51 AM »
Microsoft golf! Wow forgot about that game, I loved it as a kid.  And also, props to Wolfenstein, I was more of a Doom player, but still props for the FPS genre.
Yea or atleast I think it was, could also be the Links series can't really remember other than I played the heck out of a certain Golf game on PC around 93-95. I remember I thought it looked photorealistic back then.  :lol

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2086 on: May 05, 2016, 10:58:33 AM »
I found a gamestop giftcard that I forgot I had so I bought Metal Gear Solid for the psx online. When it finally arrived the damn thing was so scratched up that it would not even go past the playstation logo screen  :censored

So I returned it today at my local gamestop location. The guy working there took the disc out and looked at the back of it. He then looked at me and asked "is the back of it suppose to be black."
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2087 on: May 05, 2016, 10:38:20 PM »
so i bought dark souls 1 for pc today because i like being late to the party, also it was $5

i dunno when i'll start playing it tho, barely been gaming lately, too much music  :lol

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2088 on: May 06, 2016, 02:01:16 AM »
so i bought dark souls 1 for pc today because i like being late to the party, also it was $5

i dunno when i'll start playing it tho, barely been gaming lately, too much music  :lol
Do it, man! That first run through Dark Souls is an amazing experience.  :tup
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2089 on: May 06, 2016, 06:02:05 AM »

I just bought dark souls 1 & 2 yesterday at the humble bundle store, can't wait to get into it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2090 on: May 06, 2016, 08:06:59 AM »
Anyone playing the overwatch beta this weekend?

My brother seemed to be enjoying it last night

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2091 on: May 06, 2016, 01:39:12 PM »
I spent all evening playing it yesterday and it was fantastic. i'll put some more hour in tonight and tomorrow and see if I want to drop full price for it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2092 on: May 06, 2016, 02:52:48 PM »
I'm not so big on beta's.  I'd rather not just get a taste of something, so I didn't download it, but it seems cool.  When it gets released I will consider it.  I actually haven't bought a game in awhile surprisingly.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2093 on: May 06, 2016, 03:57:21 PM »
I heard what's in the beta is pretty much the full game. Of course they're also releasing new characters and maps down the road for free but I don't think it's worth $60 at this point in time.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2094 on: May 06, 2016, 04:52:31 PM »
It looks feature complete, just some bugs here and there. While I know this is a different genre I really wish Battleborn was a better game.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2095 on: May 06, 2016, 04:58:48 PM »
I don't like Overwatch as much as Team Fortress 2, but I was excited.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2096 on: May 06, 2016, 07:37:29 PM »
Yea, I understood it to be the whole game, my point on taste is that its only available for the weekend so only a taste in terms of time I can play it.  My brother is playing it now and loving it.  Looks cool, but if it's not as good as TF2 then I can't see it being worth $60

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2097 on: May 07, 2016, 08:37:52 AM »
I'm watching the quick look of Stellaris, I pre-ordered the game and I can't wait to play it this week.

Online Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2098 on: May 09, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
Overwatch is awesome and a fresh take on the FPS genre for me. Just so everyone knows, the box price includes all future heroes, maps, and updates; the only microtransactions are cosmetic and attainable through grinding credits and loot boxes. For a game that requires teammates to switch heroes on the fly, I'm glad they are not restricting any content behind a paywall.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2099 on: May 09, 2016, 10:46:20 AM »
Overwatch is awesome and a fresh take on the FPS genre for me. Just so everyone knows, the box price includes all future heroes, maps, and updates; the only microtransactions are cosmetic and attainable through grinding credits and loot boxes. For a game that requires teammates to switch heroes on the fly, I'm glad they are not restricting any content behind a paywall.

I didn't play over the weekend, but strongly considering buying it.