Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489033 times)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2030 on: April 13, 2016, 07:39:39 PM »
I just downloaded the battle born beta for PC and I'm having a good time although I'm a little bit lost. It's like Borderlands meets Smite.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2031 on: April 13, 2016, 08:01:27 PM »
I just picked up Dark Souls 3 yesterday and it is incredible  :metal Wouldn't expect anything less from this series.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2032 on: April 14, 2016, 01:41:01 AM »
I just picked up Dark Souls 3 yesterday and it is incredible  :metal Wouldn't expect anything less from this series.
Nice to hear! I'll be picking this up soon too. :tup
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2033 on: April 14, 2016, 02:30:16 AM »
Is anyone playing in the Doom closed Beta? I've tried it a couple times, but it lags some fierce on my end. I end up being nothing but canon fudder. Plus I think the graphics leaves something to be desired.
Just waiting for the single player game, I guess.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2034 on: April 14, 2016, 05:54:14 AM »
I got Dark Souls 3 on Tuesday, but I've only had time to play it for about 30 minutes.  I love that series, although I doubt they will ever top the design of the original Dark Souls.  I love how that expansive yet compact most of the game world is.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2035 on: April 14, 2016, 05:57:52 AM »
I'm tempted to pick up Dark Souls 3. I've never played a Dark Souls game though, is it really that hard? Would it even be possible to get through the game without looking up pass the bosses?

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2036 on: April 14, 2016, 06:05:45 AM »
The "hardness" is more of a training you how to play the game.  If you played old school games, it shouldn't get to you that much, today's gamers are just used to be the PvE aspects of a game being very doable.  The game allows you to summon other players who are offering to help (that's part of the multiplayer aspect of the game), so if a particular boss is giving you problems, you can find a player willing to help you.

If you have a PS3, you can pick up Dark Souls cheap and try that before deciding if you want to do DS3.  Playing Dark Souls for the first time was the one of the truly mind blowing experiences in gaming I've ever had.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2037 on: April 14, 2016, 07:04:59 AM »
Has anyone played the game Don't Starve?

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #2038 on: April 14, 2016, 12:15:20 PM »
Now that I've been playing Pokémon Yellow (trying to complete the Pokédex) a lot for the last few weeks, I've been reminiscing about my times when I was younger, playing different videogames/consoles. I've never been a big videogame guy, but I have my favourites (in no particular order, though):
  • Pokémon - well, I basically lost interest in anything since Generation II (plus, the consoles/games are hard/impossible to find in my country). I did play Stadium 2 with some friends when we were 13; that was a lot of fun.
  • Other N64 games: Mario Kart 64 & Mario Party 3.
  • SEGA: Crusader Of Centy (or Soleil in Europe). Great RPG in my opinion. It obviously nicks a lot of stuff from Zelda, but I've never played any Zelda, so I don't care. :P
  • PC: Worms World Party. Probably my favourite of all games I've played. My friends discovered it at 15, I think, and for 2 years we didn't play anything else, basically. I haven't played it in some 9 years, so I might try it out now in my 20s (to see if it produces the same satisfaction).

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2039 on: April 15, 2016, 10:17:36 AM »

yes!

I'm a huge fan of Don't Starve and my brother and I play Don't Starve Together every once in a while.

One of the best survival games I've played plus it has a great art style.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2040 on: April 19, 2016, 07:31:30 AM »

yes!

I'm a huge fan of Don't Starve and my brother and I play Don't Starve Together every once in a while.

One of the best survival games I've played plus it has a great art style.

It's multiplayer?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2041 on: April 20, 2016, 05:48:59 AM »
Well there is an addon you can get called "Don't Starve Together" where you can play with up to 4 people online together.

Did you just get into Don't Starve Chino?

Offline adace

« Reply #2042 on: April 20, 2016, 11:06:12 PM »
Just finished Quantum Break and thought it was pretty meh overall. The time powers were kinda cool but otherwise this game doesn't have a lot going for it. Honestly, I think Remedy just should've made Max Payne 4 or Alan Wake 2 instead of this.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2043 on: April 20, 2016, 11:18:09 PM »
I bought Limbo on a Steam sale for $2.50, and played through it last night. Such an atmospheric and immersive 2D platformer. It's not a long game, but it was well worth it. Anyone else played it?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2044 on: April 21, 2016, 05:53:39 AM »
Well you know I played it blob :lol. I started playing the trine series again last night because we were talking about 2d platformers.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2045 on: April 21, 2016, 06:05:43 AM »
:tup I bought Trine and Trine 2 a couple of weeks back, but haven't been assed to use up the 4Gb+ each to install them yet.
I went back and got a bunch of the achievements on Limbo. Only 2 left, just the secret room (nope), and finishing it without dying more than 5 times (lol triple nope).

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2046 on: April 21, 2016, 06:42:14 AM »
Sir, You Are Being Hunted is quite the interesting game, look it up
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2047 on: April 21, 2016, 07:15:34 AM »
:tup I bought Trine and Trine 2 a couple of weeks back, but haven't been assed to use up the 4Gb+ each to install them yet.
I went back and got a bunch of the achievements on Limbo. Only 2 left, just the secret room (nope), and finishing it without dying more than 5 times (lol triple nope).

When I re-installed it yesterday I was blown away at how large it was, however it is a beautiful game.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted is quite the interesting game, look it up

I have it in my Steam library but haven't checked it out. It's out of early access now isn't it?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2048 on: April 21, 2016, 07:22:50 AM »
Well there is an addon you can get called "Don't Starve Together" where you can play with up to 4 people online together.

I got it for free on PS+ a long time ago but switched accounts and lost it. I was debating paying the $15 to pick it up again.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2049 on: April 21, 2016, 07:29:54 AM »
It's a lot of fun if you're into survival style of gameplay. I love it and I've sunk a ton of hours into it.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2050 on: April 21, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »
I have a spare key over for The Walking Dead (Season 1) on Steam in case anyone wants it. It's a great game so I assume most people who were interested have already gotten it, but there might be someone who has been holding off (or haven't gotten around to it yet). :)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2051 on: April 21, 2016, 12:45:13 PM »
Sources close to Rockstar have apparently confirmed that this is leak is the map for the upcoming Red Dead Redemption sequel.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2052 on: April 21, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »
Yea I saw that a few days ago, I guess now is as good of time as ever to finish Red Dead Redemption

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2053 on: April 21, 2016, 01:12:23 PM »
Yea, looks massive and would be great if Rockstar could confirm they are making this game because the hype would be huge.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2054 on: April 21, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »
Yea, looks massive and would be great if Rockstar could confirm they are making this game because the hype would be huge.

Didn't they confirm that it's being unveiled at E3 this year?

Red Dead Redemption was such a delight. Even though it wasn't a busy city like GTA, I somehow never managed to get bored. My one true gripe was that I couldn't drive the locomotive. I really hope they integrate the multiple character system into this game, and I'm assuming we'll get a Red Dead Online as well. Without having to render all the buildings, traffic, and pedestrians, there's a potential for massive lobbies. It'd be amazing if you could get a room with like 100 people roaming the old west.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2055 on: April 21, 2016, 02:25:29 PM »

Didn't they confirm that it's being unveiled at E3 this year?

Red Dead Redemption was such a delight. Even though it wasn't a busy city like GTA, I somehow never managed to get bored. My one true gripe was that I couldn't drive the locomotive. I really hope they integrate the multiple character system into this game, and I'm assuming we'll get a Red Dead Online as well. Without having to render all the buildings, traffic, and pedestrians, there's a potential for massive lobbies. It'd be amazing if you could get a room with like 100 people roaming the old west.

I thought the article I read stated it was hinted at a bunch but never confirmed.  Either way, I like your idea and hope it happens.  100 cowboys on horses in an open field battle would be insane.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2056 on: April 21, 2016, 10:21:00 PM »
I'll only care if it's coming to PC this time.

Offline adace

« Reply #2057 on: April 21, 2016, 10:57:47 PM »
Huge fan of RDR so I'm really looking forward to this.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2058 on: April 21, 2016, 11:56:01 PM »
I love Limbo up to a point. The spider (and the forest) is definitely my favorite centerpiece and everything after that never really did it for me.

I saw the RDR map and was wondering if it was an expanded version of the first game's. Never even thought it might be everything northeast of that, but I always figured that would be more prairie and snowy mountains. First one was a grower for me, but I loved it by the end. The atmosphere in the desert was wonderful. Such a sense of loneliness, knowing that anyone you could meet would either be doing something shady or batshit insane. I'll never forget the sidequest with the old bride. Creeped the shit out of me. Hoping this next one stars Jack. Felt bad for the kid by the end of the first kid.

I broke and bought Dark Souls III today. Was going to wait for some kind of GOTY version down the road (like Scholar of the First Sin was to DS2), but eh.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2059 on: April 22, 2016, 12:07:36 AM »
I love Limbo up to a point. The spider (and the forest) is definitely my favorite centerpiece and everything after that never really did it for me.

That whole spider bit is one of the best, especially because at that point you really don't know what to expect from the game. My favourite part is when you power up the thingy and it starts raining and you have to divert the water. So pretty.  :heart

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2060 on: April 22, 2016, 12:20:50 AM »
That actually is a good part. The city and factory areas aren't all bad. I also love the set-up with the Hotel sign going nuts electrically and using it to smash the glass ceiling open. Most of my fond memories from the game are definitely with the forest though.

Oh, and the part with the buzzsaws with massive silhouettes in the rotating room is tense as hell. That's awesome horror imagery
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2061 on: April 22, 2016, 01:52:39 AM »
Limbo is a gorgeous game, I loved it. Hugely atmospheric, fun to play and surprisingly bleak and moving.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2062 on: April 22, 2016, 01:56:18 AM »
Limbo is a gorgeous game, I loved it. Hugely atmospheric, fun to play and surprisingly bleak and moving.

I realized how bleak it was when I got to the part where I had to use a kid's corpse as a stepping stone over the water, then drag a different corpse out of the water to trigger a trap. :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2063 on: April 22, 2016, 05:38:28 AM »

I got it for free on PS+ a long time ago but switched accounts and lost it. I was debating paying the $15 to pick it up again.

I ended up buying it again and had to restart with everything relocked. Made it to day 9 on my first attempt. I would have easily made it longer, but I got cocky and took on a large group of spiders for no real reason. Died.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2064 on: April 22, 2016, 05:55:01 AM »
I broke and bought Dark Souls III today. Was going to wait for some kind of GOTY version down the road (like Scholar of the First Sin was to DS2), but eh.

I almost broke and bought DS III too but I haven't played the first two plus I have a lot of stuff I'm trying to get around and play.

I ended up buying it again and had to restart with everything relocked. Made it to day 9 on my first attempt. I would have easily made it longer, but I got cocky and took on a large group of spiders for no real reason. Died.

:tup now I want to install Don't Starve lol