Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489014 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #1750 on: November 24, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »
I think that is totally possible although I do not know how

I'll give it a try. That'd be a great write up for all of the internet. Just last night I transferred a few parts from one busted PS4 controller to another busted PS4 controller and now have a functioning controller. The DS4s have phillips head screws whichmakes working on them super easy. Knowing Nintendo, their controllers probably have those screws that require a triangular drive. I'd have to buy one special.

It totally would.  My friend has a youtube page, General HowTo, and while its mostly very quirky things or videos of his dogs, some of his videos got huge hits and he is able to make money off them.  That would be a perfect idea for him, except he isn't a video gamer, but totally something I'd imagine you can do and probably get some of that ad cash.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1751 on: November 25, 2015, 06:49:19 AM »
Looks like you can buy replacements.

https://www.amazon.com/N64-Replacement-Joystick-Nintendo-64/dp/B00ANGDCDS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448459239&sr=8-1&keywords=n64+joystick

Might give one of these a try if my controllers suck enough.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1752 on: November 25, 2015, 06:59:35 AM »
Not sure if it's exactly the same one, but a friend bought one of those for a controller a few years ago and neither of us liked it at all. It doesn't have the same sensitivity that the original does and as a result it's basically impossible to control a character/whatever as accurately as you should be able to. Of course if you have completely useless controllers because the sticks are so bad it's better than nothing, but it's not as good as the real thing.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1753 on: November 25, 2015, 07:06:57 AM »
I wonder if there would be enough demand for Nintendo to do a limited run of new controller? If they keep them wired, they wouldn't cost much to make. I guarantee they still have all the molds for the parts.

There are a few RC manufacturers who are re-releasing 25+ year old legacy models using the original molds. It's pretty cool.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1754 on: November 25, 2015, 01:52:38 PM »
The Steam Fall sale has begun and it is glorious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB2tk8TJarQ
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1755 on: November 27, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »
Xenoblade Chronicles X looks so good, but I don't see myself getting a Wii U anytime soon  :'(

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #1756 on: November 27, 2015, 03:53:57 PM »
Does anyone else here play Pokemon? If so, there is a US Hoopa distribution event that began today.

Ever since I joined my university's Pokemon club and got into competitive play, it has become my most played game. My copy of Alpha Sapphire has more playtime logged than my other most played games, including Skyrim and GTAV, combined. And that is just one game, and does not account for the hundreds of hours spread across generations I through V. My appreciation for this series is the highest it has ever been.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1757 on: November 28, 2015, 06:44:18 PM »
I'm getting excited for Rainbow 6 Siege. I hope its decent

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1758 on: November 30, 2015, 06:39:09 AM »
I got down and dirty with the N64 over the weekend and it was glorious. I went to a local retro game store on Black Friday (they were doing BF instead of Small Business Saturday) to take advantage of the BOGO used games. I got Bomberman, South Park, South Park Rally, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, and Toy Story 2. I picked up a few memory cards as well. Contrary to what I said early (that I have two aftermarket controllers), one of my controllers was original. Amazingly, the joystick feels brand new. My girlfriend and I spent Friday night getting drunk and playing Pokemon Snap. We beat it.

All Star Baseball 2000. Oh man. Getting to play as that year of New York Yankees brought me back to all kinds of feels. I'd like to add, the complexity of that game was amazing for its time. Same goes for Toy Story 2. That came had all kinds of stuff going on as well as the ability to switch between first and third person.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1759 on: November 30, 2015, 06:40:28 AM »
Thats awesome, N64 game nights are a blast.  Did you fix the controller?

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1760 on: November 30, 2015, 06:43:56 AM »

Which one? Neither of the N64 controllers were broken. I bought the console months ago, but did nothing with it. I thought I bought two of the aftermarket controllers to go with it, but upon taking the stuff out over the weekend, the console appears to have come with an original. I only had to purchase a single aftermarket controller. I haven't tried the aftermarket one yet.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1761 on: November 30, 2015, 06:46:56 AM »

Which one? Neither of the N64 controllers were broken. I bought the console months ago, but did nothing with it. I thought I bought two of the aftermarket controllers to go with it, but upon taking the stuff out over the weekend, the console appears to have come with an original. I only had to purchase a single aftermarket controller. I haven't tried the aftermarket one yet.

Oh, thought you had one controller you were going to replace the joystick on. 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1762 on: November 30, 2015, 06:47:38 AM »

Oh, thought you had one controller you were going to replace the joystick on.

Oh, no. Not yet. I was just talking about the possibility of having to replace a stick if the ones on the aftermarket controllers were shite.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1763 on: November 30, 2015, 08:57:21 AM »
Bought The Witcher last night with the expansion pack for $40. Looking forward to getting into now that I finished Dragon Age!

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1764 on: November 30, 2015, 09:00:30 AM »
Tomorrow Just Cause 3, can't wait!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1765 on: November 30, 2015, 09:46:03 AM »
Tomorrow Just Cause 3, can't wait!

I plan on getting it, but not until later.  Halo, Fallout, Star Wars all came out in 3 weeks and I don't have enough time to play them all so somethings got to be put on the waiting list.

Offline adace

« Reply #1766 on: December 01, 2015, 01:54:40 AM »
Until I get Just Cause 3 in the mail I've been playing The Talos Principle. It reminds me of Portal and Portal 2 except it's way more serious and much harder. The puzzles are annoyingly difficult at times but the philosophical story is very intriguing.

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #1767 on: December 01, 2015, 10:00:49 AM »
Xenoblade Chronicles X looks so good, but I don't see myself getting a Wii U anytime soon  :'(

Well, I have preordered the (European) Limited Edition, and I cannot wait to play it, really excited `bout this one.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1768 on: December 02, 2015, 06:43:17 AM »
So I messed with the third party N64 controller I purchased (linked above) last night, and I can't really complain at all about it. Maybe when compared to a new and official N64 controller it wouldn't be as good, but it's better than the used original I have.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #1769 on: December 03, 2015, 05:20:17 PM »
The Game Awards in about an hour streaming online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4WXkKQiEw8

Hopefully there are some cool new game trailers/announcements  ;D

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1770 on: December 03, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »
Rather than buy Battlefront now, in its current bare bones form. I am gonna hold out a few months for hopefully an edition that includes all the DLC all in one package.

I want to buy it so bad, but its just not gonna happen

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1771 on: December 03, 2015, 09:31:18 PM »
Lol Konami are a fucking joke

Also not that it had any to begin with but these awards have lost all credibility with me.

...my name is Araragi.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1772 on: December 04, 2015, 05:45:17 AM »
Rather than buy Battlefront now, in its current bare bones form. I am gonna hold out a few months for hopefully an edition that includes all the DLC all in one package.

I want to buy it so bad, but its just not gonna happen

I guess you will be waiting awhile, but honestly it's probably the best idea.  The game is beautiful but severly lacking in depth.  The Battle of Jukku comes out soon for everyone for free so maybe that helps.  I have not heard about any more DLC, but if its only going to just be maps then Im not sure that's going to add a whole lot more value to the game.  It needs more playing modes, and for me, the lack of single player is disturbing.  A single player Star Wars game with those graphics would of had huge potential to be amazing IMO.

Anyway, apparently EA will be doing another Battlefield for next year.  That will be awesome as even BF4 is still a better game than SW BF.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1773 on: December 04, 2015, 06:17:04 AM »
Lack of single player is the reason I'm not getting it.  This article summed up my thoughts exactly - https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/can-star-wars-battlefront-win-over-a-campaign-only-gamer

I'm just not a multi-player gaming kinda guy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1774 on: December 04, 2015, 06:31:54 AM »
The only problem with that article is he states "Star Wars should always be accessible" and this game is the most accessible FPS I have ever played maybe just behind Halo.  It's super simplistic.  Granted, that doesn't mean it's easy to be good.  It certainly is not, like every other FPS online multiplayer game you are at a severe disadvantage if you do not play consistently to keep your skill up.  Otherwise I completely agree with the point the writer is making.

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #1775 on: December 05, 2015, 11:20:39 AM »
So, I am now for about 5 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles X and I have to say, this game is amazing imo. I still have to figure out some of the menus (those really are a pain), but the world of the game is so extremely huge and beautiful. The battle system might be complicated at the beginning, but you`ll get used to it quickly. At this time I can say, if you don`t have a Wii U at this point and love well-made RPGs, I feel sorry for you, because this is epic.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1776 on: December 05, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1777 on: December 05, 2015, 05:00:11 PM »
Holy shit that looks amazing. Fucking hell yes, I am so glad they had the balls to change up the battle system that much. I also cannot wait to see the cinematics that I once shed a tear to as a kid when they were blocky polygons...now that they're this amazing...gawdayum I'mm'a need sum TISSUES.

I cannot wait for this shit. BOOM, PS4 bought. That's all it takes. Well not really cause I'm broke and it could actually still end up mediocre but I am extremely hopeful after seeing that.

I also can't wait to masturbate with the tears of those who can't take off their nostalgia glasses and will undoubtedly bitch and moan over this not being traditional. MUUUAHAHAHA. *fapfapfap*

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1778 on: December 05, 2015, 05:04:37 PM »
Sometimes Tio, just occasionally, you sum up my thoughts perfectly. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1779 on: December 05, 2015, 05:08:08 PM »

I also can't wait to masturbate with the tears of those who can't take off their nostalgia glasses and will undoubtedly bitch and moan over this not being traditional. MUUUAHAHAHA. *fapfapfap*

I played the original to death. I really don't care what they change. I'm just looking forward to this.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1780 on: December 05, 2015, 05:12:55 PM »
Before that though - just bought the HD Port that was released on PS4 today. £9.

I can play that whilst I wait in between Borderlands The Pre Sequel, Alien Isolation and Final Fantasy X HD. :)

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1781 on: December 05, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »
Well I'll argue for me nostalgia has little to do with it as I don't like FFVII that much.

However, I haven't really enjoyed a Final Fantasy game since they stopped making them Turn-based, so I'm obviously not gonna like this.

Oh Atlus why are you the only company that still makes JRPGS? I love you Atlus.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1782 on: December 05, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »
It looks like it will be a combo of turn based and that other one.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1783 on: December 05, 2015, 05:29:30 PM »
The trailer makes it look like it plays like FFXV, the demo of which bored the crap out of me.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1784 on: December 05, 2015, 08:35:18 PM »
FF VII is my favorite game of all time, so bring that shit on  :metal :metal