Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488998 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #1470 on: September 08, 2015, 09:02:01 AM »
I think he just means the names of the buttons are swapped.
Yeah this. Obviously I could remap, but then jump would be the right button rather than the bottom button, and that would be madness, what kind of game would do that?!

I do have a generic Logitech gamepad somewhere, but I use my Xbox one for every other gamepad game (including some Steam games that will only accept it) so it's just easier to use it there as well.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1471 on: September 08, 2015, 12:34:28 PM »
Finally got to download the Last of Us Remastered for PS4 and played it a bit. So damn good. Everything about it is flawless so far, the music, the visuals, the storyline, and holy shit is it intense! I was sweating constantly while playing.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1472 on: September 09, 2015, 01:08:05 AM »
So I went on a spending spree and bought Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and the special edition of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. I also bought the Last of Us Remaster, plus Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII for the PSP. And I don't even own a PSP. :lol

Anyone know if you can play PSP games on the VITA? I've been thinking about picking it up. Also, is it possible to send the signal to the TV and play it that way? Maybe I should've checked it out before starting to buy games but it was such a good price. :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1473 on: September 09, 2015, 02:06:09 AM »
Yes you can play PSP games on a Vita.

There is a device called a Playstation TV which costs about $100 that can play downloaded Vita games and connects to the TV, no actual Vita required, though you will need one of the Vita memory cards. I'm not sure if it is compatible with PSP games though, and it is only select Vita games that it works with (though from what I've seen all my favorite ones do work. If you get a PSTV don't miss out on Persona 4 Golden)

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1474 on: September 09, 2015, 09:25:47 AM »
I am reminded of why I don't play Civ on high difficulties.

I was playing as Babylon, a Civ that is really good at science. I devote everything I can to science, creating a science-focused religion, building scientific wonders and buildings, gearing my research towards technologies that can further improve my science.

I thought I was doing well when I entered the industrial era in the twelfth goddamn century.

But nope somehow I'm ranked 7th (of 10) in scientific advancement.

Fuck.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1475 on: September 09, 2015, 03:09:40 PM »
Well, clearly your first mistake was not being MERICA.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1476 on: September 09, 2015, 06:46:26 PM »
I don't know whether you're a civ player so I don't know how seriously to respond :lol

America's playstyle doesn't fit with the victory I was going for.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1477 on: September 09, 2015, 08:53:58 PM »
I was just making a joke. Love Civ, and am eagerly awaiting the new Beyond Earth expansion.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1478 on: September 09, 2015, 09:49:27 PM »
I couldn't really get into Beyond Earth. It's got some cool features I hope get carried forward into Civ 6, but the historical aspect was always really fun for me.

To be honest I've never won a game of BE. I lost one once. :lol

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1479 on: September 09, 2015, 10:21:43 PM »
I couldn't really get into Beyond Earth. It's got some cool features I hope get carried forward into Civ 6, but the historical aspect was always really fun for me.

To be honest I've never won a game of BE. I lost one once. :lol

It's not a perfect game, but to me it's just so damn refreshing, not following the historic path for the billionth time. Not knowing what things do, what technologies do, how anything is going to effect anything, just a newish experience, which was great.

The technology web is a huge jump forward, and I hope they can do something similar for Civ VI

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1480 on: September 09, 2015, 10:39:23 PM »
Man, fuck whoever's in charge of EA's NHL division.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1481 on: September 09, 2015, 10:50:59 PM »
Fuck anyone who's in charge of EA's anything. :P

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1482 on: September 09, 2015, 11:00:28 PM »
True that.

They just get to me, up until NHL 14, you could edit players stats, create custom teams, play in an online league with other players, and other various things. Then in 15 they remove all of that and cite adjusting to a new console, which I think is a bullshit excuse but can accept. Now 16 is about to come out and while you can edit players stats again, and they brought back the online league, they're advertising those being back as completely new experiences in the NHL series. on top of that they took out the shoot out mode, the practice mode, and connected GM. I have no idea why you would take all of those let alone any of them out. And at the heap of this shit pile is the fact that you still can't create custom teams. What the fuck. The team that made NHL 16 had two years instead of the usual one to make this game and even more stuff gets cut and shit that has been in every NHL game I can remember up to 14 is still gone? I could accept changing colors of existing teams and jerseys, but you can't even fucking do that. And I'm supposed to pay $60 to get stuff that would probably be super easy to and should have been patched into 15? Fuck that, that's filthy and I'm not going to be a part of that.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1483 on: September 10, 2015, 12:38:57 AM »
Man i'm so hyped for Fallout 4! It's nice for once to have a game launch only a couple of month away from the actual announcement instead of having to wait years. Given how caught up I got in Skyrim I think this will be the same. Can't wait!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1484 on: September 10, 2015, 01:23:27 AM »
I never actually beat New Vegas so I am hoping to do that before Fallout 4 comes out.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1485 on: September 10, 2015, 07:49:52 AM »
True that.

They just get to me, up until NHL 14, you could edit players stats, create custom teams, play in an online league with other players, and other various things. Then in 15 they remove all of that and cite adjusting to a new console, which I think is a bullshit excuse but can accept. Now 16 is about to come out and while you can edit players stats again, and they brought back the online league, they're advertising those being back as completely new experiences in the NHL series. on top of that they took out the shoot out mode, the practice mode, and connected GM. I have no idea why you would take all of those let alone any of them out. And at the heap of this shit pile is the fact that you still can't create custom teams. What the fuck. The team that made NHL 16 had two years instead of the usual one to make this game and even more stuff gets cut and shit that has been in every NHL game I can remember up to 14 is still gone? I could accept changing colors of existing teams and jerseys, but you can't even fucking do that. And I'm supposed to pay $60 to get stuff that would probably be super easy to and should have been patched into 15? Fuck that, that's filthy and I'm not going to be a part of that.

NHL 15 was one of the most tremendous disappoints in my recent gaming. At the end of the day I play it, because it's my only option on the PS4. NHL 16 will be the first NHL game in a *long* time I don't have the day it releases. If it's only marginally better I'll stick with the old turd, if it's great again I'll switch to it once it drops in price.

EA was once really great, and can now only be described as a cancer on the gaming industry.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1486 on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:31 AM »
I finally have a computer that will allow me to play GTA 4 without being choppy and impossible to play.  Woohoo!  It came out 7 years ago, but it's still new to me.

That said, I think I may reinstall Hellgate: London as well.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1487 on: September 14, 2015, 01:13:43 AM »
Blizzards cinematics are always spectacular:
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Opening Cinematic
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1488 on: September 14, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »
I LOVE Until Dawn

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1489 on: September 18, 2015, 07:28:48 AM »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1490 on: September 18, 2015, 07:36:25 AM »
Valve has some cool stuff cooking for the HTC Vive:

Aperture Robot Repair

I'm so hyped for the possibility for VR and what's a head for the future.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1491 on: September 18, 2015, 07:44:31 AM »
I can't wait to get my hands on either this or the Rift as soon as I can and mess around with making some stuff in Unity. I'll have to get a better graphics card though, as my current card is definitely not for gaming, and would not come close to handling the resolution or framerate.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1492 on: September 18, 2015, 08:10:11 AM »
I can't wait to get my hands on either this or the Rift as soon as I can and mess around with making some stuff in Unity. I'll have to get a better graphics card though, as my current card is definitely not for gaming, and would not come close to handling the resolution or framerate.

I've been waiting for virtually reality since I tried a Virtual Boy in Toys R Us some 20+ years ago. I. Can't. Wait. The thought of possibly playing GTA in virtual reality FPV makes me all kinds of tingly.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1493 on: September 21, 2015, 03:23:15 AM »
I tried out the Virtual Boy recently. Just playing the damn thing for 15 minutes gave me a headache. :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1494 on: September 21, 2015, 08:17:22 AM »
Finished the Last of Us last night...the feels. Now playing through the left behind DLC and eagerly awaiting the rumoured Last of Us 2, even though it will be 3-4 years away.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1495 on: September 21, 2015, 06:49:44 PM »
I picked up "Last Dream" on Steam. I'm really digging the non-linear JRPG thing. Has anyone else played it? What do you think?
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1496 on: September 23, 2015, 12:51:22 PM »
I made a youtube channel of me healing in WoW. It's nothing special at all, just videos for myself/friends/guildies. They're there if you like watching that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcUkAmkYxf7PMTnLZgZB0VA

Constantly uploading more.
Listen! Do you smell something?

• DTF.org Member

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni

...my name is Araragi.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1499 on: September 26, 2015, 10:37:28 AM »
Pit of Panga: P-Break (Hardest Super Mario Maker Level Ever Made)

:omg:

A lot of people exaggerate but this could be the real deal. I just checked and its clear rate is very generously listed as "0.01%" which is, I guess, the lowest the system will allow it to go considering it only goes to one hundredths of a percent and that would indicate one successful run for every 10,000 attempts. It's actually been cleared just 7 out of 506,839 tries as of a few minutes ago which is once every 72,405.57 attempts or what would easily round down to 0.00% because with extra digits it'd be something around 0.0013%.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1500 on: September 26, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »
Holy...fucking...shit. That is what we call a system breaker. I'd actually throw my fucking system out the window, not just the controller.  :rollin At least I would've if I tried to play that as a teen. That game honestly makes me want to buy a WiiU just for it. I don't have any consoles right now but I really want a WiiU just for that...that game looks like it could be hundreds of hours of fun (and FUCKING IMMENSE FRUSTRATION).  :lol That is just insanity though, truly...fuckin' A.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1501 on: September 26, 2015, 01:14:20 PM »
Playa, you don't even know. If you're anything like me, when you're playing a traditional Mario game you don't wanna just play one or two levels at a time. You wanna play at least one whole world at a time if your schedule permits because you don't wanna cheapen the experience by not immersing yourself in it fully. With this game since there's no sense of worlds or anything, it feels fine to just play one or two levels at a time as a way to kill time. Of course you'll end up binging on dat shit for hours on end too. That's the beauty of this game, it works for virtually any time frame or degree of commitment. I've owned this thing for two weeks and haven't even made a course yet cuz I've been so addicted to playing it.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1502 on: September 26, 2015, 04:27:09 PM »
While technically impressive there's some stupid things about the level like that part where you have to realign all three hard shells before setting them off that fall into the "you need to be in the know" category and ultimately make the level cool but not great for me. I'd much rather play a challenging but fun level, which would impress me way more than the Rube Goldberg pixel perfect clusterfucks that Panga makes.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1503 on: September 26, 2015, 04:36:54 PM »
I agree regarding my own preferences but gamers on our own skill levels will always have a wealth of levels that are fun and challenging for us. I feel bad for the 99th percentile Mario players that can shell jump/key jump/etc. who will get very little enjoyment or challenge out of a staggering chunk of the SMM levels they play simply because they're at such a ridiculously advanced skill level that it takes difficulty approaching Kaizo territory to give them a level they won't smoke within their first three tries.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1504 on: September 26, 2015, 08:49:47 PM »
If I had Mario Maker, I'd just want to make regular Mario levels that everyone could play, honestly. That's all I want to do, it just design your average Mario level.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.