Author Topic: If YOU were writing the set list for the next DT tour...  (Read 12771 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: If YOU were writing the set list for the next DT tour...
« Reply #350 on: May 16, 2024, 11:22:41 AM »
From another thread:

I just came across the band's latest video update on Facebook.  And, I could NOT be any happier with the news of Mike being back in charge of the setlists.  This was one of the biggest questions I had about his return.  Would he take over that responsibility again or would we continue with the mainly static setlists?  I'm dying to see what he comes up with to celebrate their 40th anniversary.  Which Mangini songs will he include?  The US leg of this tour cannot come soon enough!!!   :metal :metal :metal

I'm glad this info is out there now.  I was aware of this through private channels, and it was sort of awkward having to tiptoe around this issue in connection with setlist discussions and some questions that have been asked that I could not really answer without implying that I knew this.

So, how that relates to this thread is:  I have done these sorts of polls in the past, as some of you know, and I have shared that info with the band.  Just after I started this thread, I was informed that Mike is going to be doing the set lists again.  So, because of the somewhat delicate relationship between this forum and Mike, I am holding off on passing the list along to them until I can talk to Mike personally, which will likely not be until sometime during the tour.  So, as has been true in the past, the band will see this list.  But not as early as I originally planned.  But regardless of whether this list can be taken into account on the first legs of the tour, I can almost guarantee that Mike will not forget about it.  And as much as he loves the fans and tries to be in tune with what he thinks the fans want, I would be very surprised if he did not make a conscious effort to include things from it in the future.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Glasser

« Reply #351 on: May 16, 2024, 01:04:18 PM »
1) The Glass Prison.
2) The Root of all Evil.
3) Breaking all Illusions.
4) Goodnight Kiss.
5) Metropolis pt.1
6) New Millenium.
7) Nightmare to Remember.
8) Sleeping Giant.
9) Scarred.
10) The Dark Eternal Night.

Encore: Home/Dance of Eternity.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #352 on: May 16, 2024, 01:05:26 PM »

8) Sleeping Giant.
9) Scarred.
10) The Dark Eternal Night.

I like how this ends!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #353 on: May 16, 2024, 01:07:29 PM »
^ I can dream...  :metal

Offline Glasser

« Reply #354 on: May 16, 2024, 01:42:17 PM »
Edit number two....fine, I ranked them.
1. You Not Me (seriously)

2. Light Fuse and Get Away

3. Take Away My Pain (album version, not Kenny G version)

4. Raw Dog (seriously)

5.Misunderstood

6.Disappear

7.This Is The Life

8.S2N

9.Out of Reach

And hell, I don't even like the song (and I don't hate it) but just play

10. Surrender to Reason

Edit: autocorrect doesn't like me saying hell but to hell with it

NICE! Fuse is my favorite DT song, always was but I doubt they would do it hence why its not on my list sadly.

Offline Xaves

« Reply #355 on: May 21, 2024, 12:34:34 PM »
Here is the songs I want

1. Take The Time (one of my faves on Images)
2. 6:00 (Favorite on Awake)
3.Fatal Tragedy
4. The Glass Prison or Six Degrees
5. As I Am
6. The Root Of All Evil
7.The Dark Eternal Night
8. A Nightmare To Remember
9. On The Backs Of Angels (Good Mangini era song)
10. Metropolis Pt 1

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #356 on: May 22, 2024, 07:04:18 AM »
All I know is that I would love to see them open with Dystopian Overture from TA.