Author Topic: Everything Punk  (Read 26073 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Everything Punk
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2024, 01:58:02 PM »
Very emotional Sum 41 ending on Saturday night.  They did their full set and encore, lights on and half the crowd left, and then they came back out and did one more song....

Sum 41 - So Long Goodbye LIVE @ SOLD OUT (double encore) Stone Pony Summer Stage Asbury Park NJ 2024

"a proper goodbye" as stated, very emotional moment

They are great live   I look forward to watching Cram and thank you!!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2024, 02:12:47 PM »
how can any list here not have THE RAMONES ????????

I'm just not a fan of that classic punk sound to be honest. I'm a fan of the punk that was born from Black Flag, Bad Religion and Operation Ivy.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2024, 02:49:27 PM »
Ramones were never really my thing either, nor The Clash, Black Flag, or Sex Pistols.   I do enjoy "the hits" so maybe they belong on the list, but since I don't have their albums from not ever really being much of a fan, I didn't even consider them or many others when doing my rough list. Dead Kennedys are maybe the oldest punk band that I like, sometimes they come on my random library shuffles and I really enjoy them still.  At the end of the day, most of the punk music I like is really from the 90s and early 00s.  Fallout Boy should have been on my list too now that I think about it.

They are great live   I look forward to watching Cram and thank you!!

:metal they were a really really fun show on Saturday

Offline Glasser

« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2024, 05:01:17 PM »
how can any list here not have THE RAMONES ????????

Truth man, and the Sex Pistols are vital as well in my humble opinion.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2024, 05:43:05 PM »
Yeah,

I fully appreciate the pop/punk love here (I've played shows with a few of the bands in these posts), but my punk rock Mt. Rushmore is The Ramones, Black Flag, Minor Threat, and The Misfits.

Definitely a generational component to that list.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2024, 07:03:32 PM »
Ramones were never really my thing either, nor The Clash, Black Flag, or Sex Pistols.   I do enjoy "the hits" so maybe they belong on the list, but since I don't have their albums from not ever really being much of a fan, I didn't even consider them or many others when doing my rough list. Dead Kennedys are maybe the oldest punk band that I like, sometimes they come on my random library shuffles and I really enjoy them still.  At the end of the day, most of the punk music I like is really from the 90s and early 00s.  Fallout Boy should have been on my list too now that I think about it.

:metal they were a really really fun show on Saturday

I agree Ive seen them and thats a reallu fun venue too...
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2024, 07:04:55 PM »
Truth man, and the Sex Pistols are vital as well in my humble opinion.

I agree...

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2024, 07:08:12 PM »
I tend to mostly avoid the sloppier, messier end of punk, and the Ramones and Sex Pistols were the early flag bearers of that, so they didn't really appeal to me.  Even a lot of the stuff on my list I tend to have to be in the mood for. 

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2024, 07:12:57 PM »
My very quick list

1) The Ramones
2) The Clash
3) The Pistols
4) Elvis Costello
5) DEVO
6) Gen X
7) Buzzcocks
6) The Dead Kennedys
7) Iggy
8) Fugazzi
9) Talking Heads
10) AFI