Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 121165 times)

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #3150 on: April 25, 2024, 11:57:23 AM »
Yeah, contrary to what FOX news would have you believe (Thinking of moving? Your blue state may soon charge you an exit tax), it applies to people or businesses making 30 million or more per year. Anybody here worried about that? I'm not in favour of it, but only for one reason. If it were linked to how much of your revenue actually came from California I'd be just fine with it. If you operate there but most of your revenue came from elsewhere it's a different matter.

As for gas costs, I'd ask people the same question. Would you rather spend an extra dollar per gallon, or go back to the days of having yellow air?

Great post. In Denver, we have this conversation every Winter/Spring when we get all the snow. A lot of the trucks only plow specific streets and areas based on sunlight and the idea is to "let the sun melt the rest" which is something the city put into practice a few decades ago to avoid Denver being that exact picture again. But people will undoubtably complain every time it snows saying "The city barely plows". It's funny to see as someone who doesn't own a car. Cars in this country are so ingrained into everything in such a stupid way, it's so nice being able to live car-free, I consider myself very fortunate
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3151 on: April 25, 2024, 12:28:52 PM »
Already missing the molar next to it from thirty plus years ago, plus the wisdom tooth. That'd leave me more than a little deficient on that side.

Gotcha. I've been pulling them as I go, but one or two more and I'll have to get some sort of plate.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3152 on: April 25, 2024, 01:12:32 PM »
Gotcha. I've been pulling them as I go, but one or two more and I'll have to get some sort of plate.
Other side of my mouth I'd probably go that route. I'm just annoyed as all fuck that I even have to consider it a viable option.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3153 on: April 25, 2024, 02:50:17 PM »
Hope you find a good solution to the tooth. But if you do get it pulled, please update the avatar.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3154 on: April 26, 2024, 07:17:55 AM »
Already missing the molar next to it from thirty plus years ago, plus the wisdom tooth. That'd leave me more than a little deficient on that side.

As someone who has spent close to $30k in dental work since 2018 (that's after insurance) my recommendation is to not lose the tooth if possible. Jaw bone disintegration is a real bitch and will effect you later in life. I would say if you're interested in traveling for dental work I've had a few friends go to Columbia and had great results at the 5h of the price.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3155 on: April 26, 2024, 08:03:29 AM »
As someone who has spent close to $30k in dental work since 2018 (that's after insurance) my recommendation is to not lose the tooth if possible. Jaw bone disintegration is a real bitch and will effect you later in life. I would say if you're interested in traveling for dental work I've had a few friends go to Columbia and had great results at the 5h of the price.
Why Colombia and not Mexico?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3156 on: April 26, 2024, 09:03:21 PM »
From what I've been told it's price and seemingly nicer looking offices from when they were doing their research. My co-worker just came back where he got veneers and they look fantastic all for less than 10k.

My mom did a bunch of dental work overseas also but that was in Lithuania.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3157 on: May 02, 2024, 06:56:10 AM »
Don't want to throw this grenade in the Swifties thread because they're having a party over there, but the over-the-top exaggerated hype about her is absolutely ridiculous.  :\ Saw a critique of her on-line yesterday where the guy was pointing out her limited vocabulary; apparently she's rhymed "bar" with "car" dozens of times and he helpfully listed many other words that would fit the bill. But the best gem from his article is this one: in one song players/haters/heartbreakers/fakers is repeated 81 times. EIGHTY-ONE. How could anyone listen to that and not go insane.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3158 on: May 02, 2024, 07:05:52 AM »
Don't want to throw this grenade in the Swifties thread because they're having a party over there, but the over-the-top exaggerated hype about her is absolutely ridiculous.  :\ Saw a critique of her on-line yesterday where the guy was pointing out her limited vocabulary; apparently she's rhymed "bar" with "car" dozens of times and he helpfully listed many other words that would fit the bill. But the best gem from his article is this one: in one song players/haters/heartbreakers/fakers is repeated 81 times. EIGHTY-ONE. How could anyone listen to that and not go insane.

I'm with you on the criticism. I would say she's the most overrated artist I can think of from the last 10 years or so. That's not to say she's outright terrible but when people talk about her as one of the great artists of all time I feel like an alien.

« Reply #3159 on: May 02, 2024, 07:07:48 AM »
For me, it's become easy enough to discount her outright without even considering her music
- Billionaire
- Climate Criminal

Pretty easy to just write a person like that off as "very clearly and obviously part of the problem" :lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3160 on: May 02, 2024, 08:12:16 AM »
I'm with you on the criticism. I would say she's the most overrated artist I can think of from the last 10 years or so. That's not to say she's outright terrible but when people talk about her as one of the great artists of all time I feel like an alien.
I feel the same. My wife is a huge fan but is also experiencing burn out from the Overhype. Her music is quantity over quality

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3161 on: May 02, 2024, 08:58:59 AM »
Maybe don't listen to her?

I find that she (and everyone else) is pretty easy to ignore when I listen to something else.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3162 on: May 02, 2024, 09:06:51 AM »

I find that she (and everyone else) is pretty easy to ignore when I listen to something else.

Kind of hard when everyone and their mother is talking about her.

I laughed when DragonForce played a Taylor Swift cover. I asked my brother what his kids thought when they played it, they don't listen to Taylor Swift so they were all...Ugh!.. :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3163 on: May 02, 2024, 09:15:04 AM »
Not really.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3164 on: May 02, 2024, 09:16:52 AM »
I have personally had no problems not listening to any specific musical artist.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3165 on: May 02, 2024, 09:18:29 AM »
It's quite easy to avoid her music, but maybe not as easy to avoid just general talk about her. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3166 on: May 02, 2024, 09:18:39 AM »
I have personally had no problems not listening to any specific musical artist.

Sort of like not reading Stad's posts.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3167 on: May 02, 2024, 09:22:06 AM »
Sort of like not reading Stad's posts.  :lol

Who?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3168 on: May 02, 2024, 09:26:23 AM »

If you applied the logic of "if you dont like something just ignore it" then there wouldn't be a thread in the first place.  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3169 on: May 02, 2024, 09:36:12 AM »
If you applied the logic of "if you dont like something just ignore it" then there wouldn't be a thread in the first place.  :lol
Well, not really. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3170 on: May 02, 2024, 10:02:13 AM »

AFAIK, I've only ever heard one song by her.  It says something about "never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever . . . ever, ever getting back together."  One of the most annoying things I've ever heard.

She'd become impossible to avoid.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3172 on: May 02, 2024, 04:21:20 PM »

Not really.  I still haven't heard a single song from her I believe.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

« Reply #3173 on: May 02, 2024, 04:38:34 PM »
Not really.  I still haven't heard a single song from her I believe.

It's morning to night, wall to wall, balls to dicks full blown 120% saturation over here in the states. It's honestly annoying as fuck, and I am an incredibly unplugged person, generally speaking.

EDIT: And I LIKE some of her albums lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #3174 on: May 02, 2024, 04:41:36 PM »
Who is Taylor Swift

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3175 on: May 02, 2024, 04:57:13 PM »
It's morning to night, wall to wall, balls to dicks full blown 120% saturation over here in the states. It's honestly annoying as fuck, and I am an incredibly unplugged person, generally speaking.

EDIT: And I LIKE some of her albums lol

Fair enough.  It's big here especially while she was touring but fair play, probably nothing like what you experience over there.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3176 on: May 02, 2024, 05:07:40 PM »

Relax, man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3177 on: May 02, 2024, 05:29:04 PM »
Relax, man.

Rite??  The only TS I've heard in the last 6 months was when jingle.daughter and mrs.jingle wanted to watch the Eras tour thing after it dropped on D+.  It's really not that hard to avoid.  I'm not even making a conscious effort, and I don't hear a single stanza of her music.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Skeever

« Reply #3178 on: May 03, 2024, 04:41:32 AM »
I think Taytay's music is the definition of "a tad exasperating" for me. I'll reference the latest Rick Beato video where he catches her twice on the Spotify Top 10. At a time where she's got everyone's ear, and she could do anything, she can't/won't do anything. Her sound is stale, her lyrics make her come off like an indulgent teenager, her music is accessible enough but it doesn't deserve to be this popular. I'm sorry but it really doesn't. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3179 on: May 03, 2024, 05:28:22 AM »
So many sandy vajaja's over being triggers by TS.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3180 on: May 03, 2024, 06:10:02 AM »
Yep. You almost can't make this up.

"I am tired of hearing about Taylor Swift."

*proceeds to talk about Taylor Swift*

:lol :lol :lol

« Reply #3181 on: May 03, 2024, 06:45:34 AM »
lol at people going after people who are venting exasperations in the exasperation thread. defensive much? love to see society shove TS down everyone's throats and then get mad at people who don't enjoy it.
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Skeever

« Reply #3182 on: May 03, 2024, 07:59:59 AM »
lol at people going after people who are venting exasperations in the exasperation thread. defensive much? love to see society shove TS down everyone's throats and then get mad at people who don't enjoy it.

That's the irony. If you don't like something, you can just ignore it, except people who like things also can't just ignore those who are vocal about their dislike :P

« Reply #3183 on: May 03, 2024, 08:06:46 AM »
That's the irony. If you don't like something, you can just ignore it, except people who like things also can't just ignore those who are vocal about their dislike :P

The most amusing thing about it in the Swift case is how defensive her fans get at literally any criticism. If you don't say she is a perfect slay kween who can't write a bad song you get treated like you have personally insulted her and hurt her feelings. Very reflective of Taylor's insecurity herself, still writing diss tracks about something that happened a decade ago even though she's the most popular musician on the planet and a literal billionaire. I guess she really is their "mother" or whatever weird para-social term many of the fans use :lol
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 08:12:28 AM by TheHoveringSojourn808 »
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3184 on: May 03, 2024, 09:26:47 AM »
 Because too often the criticisms go beyond "I don't like it" or "It all sounds the same to me" and come right after "I've only heard what's on the radio" or "I've never heard one song, but..."    I'm not the biggest Swiftie in the world, but I like her music.  I, like many here, am a huge music fan.   3,000 CDs, plus, and I get tremendous joy out of a broad variety of music.  But here's the deal:  i don't feel any need to bash music I don't like (except Radiohead).  The ONLY fact I can say about music I don't like is....  I don't like it.  I watch my daughter, who has seen Taylor I think five times, get as much pleasure as I've ever gotten from an artist; it speaks to her in a way that my favorite albums speak to me.  And as such, even though it doesn't necessarily resonate with me, I just can't bash it. 

I really do think she's this generation's Bruce Springsteen; I'm not the hugest Bruce fan (though I've seen him four times) but I recognize his place in the pantheon of greats.  What does criticizing his approach - that of the working factory man, even though he has not worked a day in a factory in his life - do?  Nothing.  He still resonates with millions and millions of people. I find Bob Dylan unlistenable, but it's just foolish to say that he's not perhaps the greatest living American musician/songwriter today; he's clearly the voice of his generation.   I think the dialogue around Taylor Swift is similar.