Linked Events

• The Whirlwind Released: October 27, 2009

Author Topic: Transatlantic Official Thread  (Read 532857 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Transatlantic: The Absolute Universe
« Reply #5530 on: January 02, 2023, 09:51:11 AM »
Aren't all TA members confirmed to play at CTTE next year? I'd say there's high chances Roine and Pete join Neal and Mike during Flying Colors' set for one or two short songs.

I'm thinking at this point Roine is happy to forget TA and just focus on his Flower King sets.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline DTA

« Reply #5531 on: January 02, 2023, 10:14:16 AM »
Can't bands just end anymore? I appreciate them saying "this is it" and not really giving any indication they will continue. Does anyone need more guest spots of them just playing We All Need Some Light again or whatever just because they're in the same room? The band was great, they made some cool albums...let it go.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #5532 on: January 02, 2023, 10:39:25 AM »
Can't bands just end anymore? I appreciate them saying "this is it" and not really giving any indication they will continue. Does anyone need more guest spots of them just playing We All Need Some Light again or whatever just because they're in the same room? The band was great, they made some cool albums...let it go.

And I agree 100% with this, just end it already :lol

I just think that knowing the guys involved, specially MP, there's a chance of them at least *trying* to do something like that. But I just want another Flying Colors album :P
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline HOF

« Reply #5533 on: January 02, 2023, 12:49:40 PM »
Eh, that is total clickbait.  If you read the article, he actually didn't say it was the end.  He still left it open-ended.

MP just said the same thing pretty much on Facenbook. I’d link but FB doesn’t work like that.

See if this works:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5534 on: January 02, 2023, 01:24:49 PM »
Hilarious that the FB page then says, "thanks for clarifying," when the only reason Portnoy needed to clarify them was because the runner of that FB page put a clickbait title that was not accurate.  How shameless.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5535 on: January 02, 2023, 01:58:18 PM »
Eh, that is total clickbait.  If you read the article, he actually didn't say it was the end.  He still left it open-ended.

MP just said the same thing pretty much on Facenbook. I’d link but FB doesn’t work like that.

See if this works:

I had a laugh at that contradiction as well..."This is the last Transatlantic album...However."  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5536 on: January 02, 2023, 02:08:10 PM »
Aren't all TA members confirmed to play at CTTE next year? I'd say there's high chances Roine and Pete join Neal and Mike during Flying Colors' set for one or two short songs.

I'm thinking at this point Roine is happy to forget TA and just focus on his Flower King sets.

Yeah, I'll be curious to see how the cruise plays out. They have to know that people will get their hope/expectations up know that all four guys are onboard. Probably easier to get Roine to agree to do a quick We All Need Some Light as a fun cruise surprise than to learn 3+ hours of material for a tour. But then again, tey all seem pretty happy with how that Paris concert went so may just want to leave well enough alone.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #5537 on: January 06, 2023, 10:32:09 PM »
Uh huh.
The article contradicted itself.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5538 on: January 12, 2023, 08:20:11 AM »
Rose Colored Glasses from the Paris show is up. I love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mXpcl9fQZI
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5539 on: January 12, 2023, 08:45:49 AM »

Me too; in the last couple months I've cried to that song too many times to count.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5540 on: January 12, 2023, 06:32:50 PM »
Sounds good, but as usual with Neal(-related) concert releases, those stupid overlay effects continue to be a greasy hair in the soup.  What a shame that his video releases continue to get ruined by that crap.

Offline Kram

« Reply #5541 on: January 13, 2023, 10:51:04 AM »

Great song and the video looks great.  I'll have to pick this BD up for sure.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #5542 on: January 15, 2023, 08:45:13 PM »
As usual, I'm just going to wait until it shows up from Lasers Edge to experience it.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5543 on: February 03, 2023, 11:17:18 AM »
Got my copy of the 3CD + BR version from Roine's shop tody.
Might not be able to watch it until another day.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5544 on: February 03, 2023, 11:32:39 AM »

That's super early! Still another 2 weeks to go for release day.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5545 on: February 03, 2023, 11:39:02 AM »

There are definite perks in ordering from Roine. You get it early and usually signed.
This time though  only two signed postcards.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5546 on: February 03, 2023, 09:56:55 PM »

There are definite perks in ordering from Roine. You get it early and usually signed.

Came home and found a package from Sweden in my mailbox today! Of course it's the new live set from Roine's shop, which came with cards for The Absolute Universe - Forevermore and TFK's By Royal Decree, the latter of which was the only one signed by Roine.

The live set itself is still sealed, though I am somewhat disappointed that it wasn't housed in a chipboard slipcase like Inside Out Europe versions of Whirld Tour 2010 and KaLIVEoscope were. It's a simple thin cardboard slipcase, which I suspect the Radiant Records version will be as well. The last two live sets had better packaging from IO compared to RR. Ah well...

Can't wait to find time to watch this video, hopefully this weekend!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5547 on: February 06, 2023, 04:24:58 PM »

Came home and found a package from Sweden in my mailbox today! Of course it's the new live set from Roine's shop, which came with cards for The Absolute Universe - Forevermore and TFK's By Royal Decree, the latter of which was the only one signed by Roine.

The live set itself is still sealed, though I am somewhat disappointed that it wasn't housed in a chipboard slipcase like Inside Out Europe versions of Whirld Tour 2010 and KaLIVEoscope were. It's a simple thin cardboard slipcase, which I suspect the Radiant Records version will be as well. The last two live sets had better packaging from IO compared to RR. Ah well...

Can't wait to find time to watch this video, hopefully this weekend!

-Marc.

Update - I watched the WHOLE concert on Saturday night, and quite enjoyed it! Well, I listened more than watched as I was multitasking stuff, but the concert at least SOUNDED good, though there were a few live-flubs here and there where Neal or Mike lost count. It wasn't a complete train wreck, though, and leaving the mistakes in really gives it that authentic live show feel. The overlay visuals are "eh" for me. I could take them or leave them, but they didn't bother me much.

As for the main TAU set, it wasn't bad. It's definitely just different enough from the other versions of the studio album that it can be called TAU ver. 4, but I'll have to listen to it a few more times to pick out the main differences here and there, but it definitely sounded different in parts compared to Forevermore, TBOL, and the Ultimate Version, most notably some solos and instrumental sections.

The rest of the show is pretty spot on, and while the final bit is a medley, they knocked those pieces out of the park as well.

Over-all, this concert has me more excited to watch the Morsefest 2022 shows, with full versions of The Whirlwind, and all the other songs they played.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5548 on: February 14, 2023, 08:53:49 PM »
Got my shipping notice from Laser CD this morning. Hope to have this by Saturday.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5549 on: February 14, 2023, 09:11:39 PM »
Got my shipping notice from Laser CD this morning. Hope to have this by Saturday.

Same here, mine says it's arriving on Friday.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5550 on: February 16, 2023, 09:29:09 AM »
Well, mine arrived today. Be checking this out later.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5551 on: February 16, 2023, 10:10:36 PM »
Just finished watching the concert. First things first, Rich Mouser is the man. Superb mix on this thing. Pete sounds huge just like he did when I saw them on this tour.

I hadn't planned on watching the whole show tonight but it sucked me in. They had an energy on this tour and it probably had to do with knowing it was most likely the end. I will admit the ending was a tad on the sad side. Neal was quite beside himself with emotion.

Fantastic show and an excellent swan song, if in fact it was.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5552 on: February 17, 2023, 06:19:05 AM »
For those who ordered through Radiant.
NM just posted this:

Today is release day for Transatlantic: The Final Flight - Live at L’Olympia!

Unfortunately, we have not yet received our stock of the Blu-ray / CD set.  They ship from Inside Out in Europe to our team in the USA. The vinyl made it here — but so far the rest has not.

I appreciate this can be disappointing for people who ordered, as it is for us. To help curb any disappointment we are happy to share an MP3 download of the full audio from the live show — free to everyone who ordered from us. When the remaining stock arrives, we will ship as quickly as we can.

So if you ordered via Radiant Records, check your email inbox for a download link.

We hope you enjoy it!   Thank you for your support and I apologize for the delay,

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5553 on: February 17, 2023, 06:21:34 AM »
This time I hadn't ordered through Radiant but I usually don't watch the blurays right when I get them. It does suck that Radiant has so many of these issues. My order from laserCD should be delivered today.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5554 on: February 17, 2023, 06:38:45 AM »
The obvious question is, why would anyone order from Radiant?

:lol :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5555 on: February 17, 2023, 07:59:20 AM »
The obvious question is, why would anyone order from Radiant?

:lol :lol

Good fucking question.   I ordered both the Morsefest and Transatlantic from Radiant and have neither.   I should have learned. I should've LEARNED!!!! 

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5556 on: February 17, 2023, 08:00:41 AM »
I got my Morsefest set that I ordered from Radiant right on release day if not earlier. Watched the first disc of covers which was just sublime and so much fun. Have to watch the 2nd disc soon.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5557 on: February 17, 2023, 12:29:32 PM »
I forgot how disappointing the Final Medley was. Great performance otherwise.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5558 on: February 19, 2023, 09:03:20 AM »
At this point I order from Radiant when I'm not stressed about getting something on release date. Looks like this one was a little bit out of their hands, international shipping can be a little bit of a clusterfuck in terms of precise timing.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline emtee

« Reply #5559 on: February 19, 2023, 11:26:11 AM »
At some point I'll buy this due to it being the swan song but it's $30.98 on Amazon. That would be the most I have ever spent on a CD.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5560 on: February 21, 2023, 04:46:10 AM »
First impression just listening while cycling/spinning was really good. Maybe I am not very sensitive to the mistakes in the music here, but it did not feel messy to me (in the Tilburg show there were some big and obvious mistakes). Not saying it is flawless, off course.  Overall they sound great and the performance feels so much more organic/dynamic than on the album. And I will listen to it soon on my audio setup at home, but I am under the impression that the sound quality is much better than on the studio album. On my buds it sound great, but those aren't very neutral in terms of sound.

A big complaint of mine of the regular album was that the vocals of Pete and Roine were just not good on the album, I think here the vocals sound way better, especially Roine. On the album the vocals on Lonesome Rebels sound like an old man on his last breath to me (making it an insta skip), in the live release I actually really enjoy the song.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #5561 on: February 21, 2023, 06:40:01 AM »
At some point I'll buy this due to it being the swan song but it's $30.98 on Amazon. That would be the most I have ever spent on a CD.

Well, it's 3CD and a Bluray. I just got from Amazon on Sunday. So, it's not a bad deal.

Offline emtee

« Reply #5562 on: February 21, 2023, 07:04:19 AM »

Well, it's 3CD and a Bluray. I just got from Amazon on Sunday. So, it's not a bad deal.

Wow. Ok. I guess I didn't dig deep enough into the description. Looked like just a CD. Thanks, brother!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5563 on: February 21, 2023, 07:30:46 AM »
LaserCD were selling the 3CD/1BR set for $27, don't seem to see it listed on there now.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #5564 on: February 21, 2023, 07:54:44 AM »
LaserCD were selling the 3CD/1BR set for $27, don't seem to see it listed on there now.

They sold out and are expecting a shipment. But they do charge shipping ($4-$5) so it comes a buck or two less than Amazon.