What album are you listening to v.9

Started by hefdaddy42, March 19, 2024, 09:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike099 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Crow

Quote from: twosuitsluke on May 03, 2024, 05:54:55 AM
I don't even really know how to describe this one. It's like some Avant-garde extreme metal, with violins, harpsichords, and other classical elements. Sometimes it's kinda viking metal, others it sounds like fucking Greensleeves! Anyone?..

Le Grand Guignol - The Great Maddening
oh hey i remember this one from that one album roulette i ran :lol
i don't remember particularly loving it but i do remember it!

Sacul

Quote from: Sacul on May 02, 2024, 06:41:58 PM

Dillom - Por Cesárea

Such a wild album - a mixture of Experimental Hip Hop with Trip Hop, Post Punk, hints of Jazz and Dream Pop, and many other sounds. It flows so well too.
Damn this is a very, very exciting year for new music, at least to me.
Yeah this is a fucking banger.

Zydar

Rush - Counterparts

"The look in your eyes as you head for the door is a cold fire..."

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

pfillion

Quote from: twosuitsluke on May 03, 2024, 12:10:42 PM
I haven't got to this yet. How is it?

Just gave it a listen, and I'd say Bellum II isn't quite as intense as the last one, but it's still got that black metal vibe. The classical and folk influences are still there, no doubt. Gonna need a few more listens to really nail down my thoughts.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

TAC

It's not the heaviest thing I've ever heard, but it's definitely not wimpy. Some great grooves.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

TheHoveringSojourn808

Kamasi Washington - Fearless Movement

twosuitsluke

Quote from: pfillion on May 03, 2024, 12:24:36 PM
Just gave it a listen, and I'd say Bellum II isn't quite as intense as the last one, but it's still got that black metal vibe. The classical and folk influences are still there, no doubt. Gonna need a few more listens to really nail down my thoughts.

OK, I'm about halfway through Bellum II and I'm really digging it. It's predominantly instrumental and atmospheric, and almost classical in nature. Lots of lush instrumentation. Definitely needs more listens but I'm very impressed so far.

Sacul

ReaperKK

Quote from: Bluefish on May 03, 2024, 03:27:00 PM

Two fantastic albums!

Currently spining Dream Theater - Train Of Thought

hefdaddy42

John Williams - Live At Suntory Hall, Tokyo/2023
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

TheHoveringSojourn808

Kamasi Washington - The Epic

IMO Kamasi Washington is the greatest jazzman of my day

nick_z

Quote from: twosuitsluke on April 24, 2024, 09:51:41 AM
Another solid 2024 progmetal release, Quantum - Down the Mountainside...

This features a Richard Henshall guitar solo, if that sways anyone.

Had saved this one for future listening...I did finally get to it and REALLY enjoyed it. Very cool prog that's not afraid to let loose a bit. Great rec!

twosuitsluke

cfmoran13

This has been what I've been listening to on my runs the past few days.

Zydar

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

"Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a Dodge
Drinking warm beer in the soft summer rain..."

TheHoveringSojourn808

doing a Kamasi Washington deep dive

The Epic, Harmony of Difference, Heaven and Earth all done. Going to spin The Choice and then dive back into Fearless Movement. 🎷🎷🎷

ReaperKK

TAC

TAC

TheHoveringSojourn808

Quote from: TAC on May 04, 2024, 02:54:43 PM

Love 38 Special! Caught Up In You and Hold On Loosely are karaoke go-tos of mine

TAC

TAC

EDIT: I had to stop. No way these are live vocals. :tdwn

HOF

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

NoseofNicko

Accept - Humanoid

Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism

Pearl Jam - Dark Matter

ReaperKK

Jamesman42

Quote from: ReaperKK on May 04, 2024, 06:37:44 PM
How do you like it?

Wasn't what I was expecting from what SoundscapeMN said in the other thread, but I ended up liking it a lot. It is pretty chill in a way, could see it being nice while getting high. Always good to have albums like that which don't require a degree in mathematics to appreciate :lol
\o\ lol /o/

ReaperKK

I'll put it on the list to check out, sounds like I might dig it.

Jamesman42

Based on my roulettes, I think you'd really dig it more than most.
\o\ lol /o/

Grappler

Running Wild - Under Jolly Roger
Running Wild - The Rivalry
Running Wild - Port Royal