Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.thespicemustflow  (Read 3930 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.thespicemustflow
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2024, 06:40:16 PM »
Not judging, but I threw out all of my weed and paraphernalia when I became a parent. I didn't want to be on drugs trying to parent a child.
I drank beer, but not in excess when the kids were young. I felt like I needed to be ready at any time for anything, and no way could I have done that baked.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2024, 06:44:22 PM »
I’ve never done any drugs but I think it’s becoming more common to use some pot like an edible to help people sleep. I think Jimmy might be using it that way. But I might be wrong. He could be going full Cheech Marin for all I know.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2024, 07:51:36 PM »
Not for sleep but for anxiety. I have developed severe anxiety over the last decade, THC has been the best thing for me, including being a better parent. I stick with edibles because it isn't smoking. I don't use it while driving, working, or parenting.

I will say, I was surprised at my wife's quick blessing to use it after it randomly came up as a thing that exists. She knows how crippling anxiety is for me. She just doesn't like any form of smoking.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2024, 08:41:19 PM »
Not judging you man, do what you want, but wouldn't daily drug use just be masking a problem like anxiety?  have you tried other avenues to overcome it?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2024, 08:49:45 PM »
For sure I have tried, some things do work a bit, I have a therapist and he also said it would help a lot as long as I keep it under control, which, thankfully, it's not addicting.

What I find it helps is for my mind to stop overthinking after a long day. Sometimes I don't feel high but I just feel relaxed.

Maybe that is masking it, or maybe I am just letting it help my nerves settle down. I don't know, but it really has helped me regain some peace.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2024, 08:55:43 PM »
For sure I have tried, some things do work a bit, I have a therapist and he also said it would help a lot as long as I keep it under control, which, thankfully, it's not addicting.

What I find it helps is for my mind to stop overthinking after a long day. Sometimes I don't feel high but I just feel relaxed.

Maybe that is masking it, or maybe I am just letting it help my nerves settle down. I don't know, but it really has helped me regain some peace.

Fair enough mate, do what you need to do.  Cheers for answer, as I mention no judgement, each to their own.  :tup

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2024, 09:01:57 PM »
Thanks man! I do think about if I am a bad parent/person for taking it (though I don't think I am), and you guys asking is good for my own introspection as well. I appreciate it.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2024, 09:04:10 PM »
Not for sleep but for anxiety. I have developed severe anxiety over the last decade, THC has been the best thing for me, including being a better parent. I stick with edibles because it isn't smoking. I don't use it while driving, working, or parenting.

I will say, I was surprised at my wife's quick blessing to use it after it randomly came up as a thing that exists. She knows how crippling anxiety is for me. She just doesn't like any form of smoking.

My wife has anxiety since I've met her and it's only gotten worse over the years. She's tried a lot of things but one day she decided to take a small edible and it's helped more than anything she's tried in the past.

I do it recreationally, but I usually stick to weekends, or days where I don't have to work the next day.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2024, 10:33:37 PM »
Appreciate the openness.  I've never touched a single drug in my life so I can't judge or really comment.  Alcohol I've had experience with but never drugs.  I saw a few friends high at a party when I was a teenager and that was enough to convince me it was something I'd never touch.  Obviously that party environment would have been different to what you guys are referring to and probably painted the worst possible picture of it all.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2024, 11:09:47 PM »
Appreciate the openness.  I've never touched a single drug in my life so I can't judge or really comment. 

Don't worry, I did your share of drugs man.  :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2024, 04:37:13 AM »
My wife has anxiety since I've met her and it's only gotten worse over the years. She's tried a lot of things but one day she decided to take a small edible and it's helped more than anything she's tried in the past.

Mrs.jingle is the same, and has other physical ailments around sleeping (or lack thereof).  Unfortunately, she's vehemently opposed to any use of drugs (even though cannabis is legal in Canada).  Similar to Kade, she dated someone in her early 20s who was soured her view on drugs, and she's petrified of the instances and possibility that one single use can fuck up your brain for good. 

Seems she'd rather just let her anxieties do that for her.   :D  :|  :sadpanda:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2024, 04:57:50 AM »
I've tried edibles before and weed, not something for me but I don't mind doing it every once in a while, and by every once in a while I mean 1-2 times a year, at best.

Well yesterday was one of those days. My SO and I came to catch the eclipse and we are staying in an isolated area. We lit a camp fire, made some hot dogs and s'mores and had a pre-roll we bought on our way here. Pretty chill night.

Happy eclipse day to those observing!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2024, 06:06:16 AM »

Please do not misunderstand this post. I am not judging you and I would never ever tell you what to do or why to do it. Though I don't partake myself, my libertarian leanings are such that I advocate for the legalizations of weed full stop.  And not having ACTUALLY met you, you seem a capable, responsible adult.

Having said that, please do whatever you do eyes wide open. They CAN be "addicting". I get that this is the "sales pitch" for the legalization crowd, and I get that it can be LESS addicting than other drugs (or, as they are so fond of pointing out, legal substances like coffee), but the reality is, you CAN become physically and/or mentally dependent on the use of edibles.

As in everything, except for Adami and Margot Robbie, the key is moderation.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2024, 07:32:51 AM »
Margot Robbie …overrated.

Adami… definitely not.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2024, 08:20:13 AM »
I had a strong edible last night and built this:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2024, 09:06:31 AM »
Nice.  Didn't know they made a mini-fig Falcon.  :lol

I still have my 5109 piece falcon prominently displayed - and gathering a shit-ton of dust - in the basement.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2024, 09:15:34 AM »
Nice.  Didn't know they made a mini-fig Falcon.  :lol

I still have my 5109 piece falcon prominently displayed - and gathering a shit-ton of dust - in the basement.

Went to the Lego store on Saturday and the big Falcon costs $850, gtfo!  :lol The mini falcon apparently is new, almost 1k pieces and $85.

I haven't bought a lego set in forever and have wanted to for so long so I thought that was a good price point and "challenge" level.  Took about 3 or so hours to do and I had a lot of fun doing it.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2024, 09:31:56 AM »
Legos are awesome. I'm a big fan of the speed champion series. They're $20-$25 and are good to put together in front of the fireplace while watching a movie.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2024, 09:32:59 AM »
Went to the Lego store on Saturday and the big Falcon costs $850, gtfo!  :lol The mini falcon apparently is new, almost 1k pieces and $85.

I haven't bought a lego set in forever and have wanted to for so long so I thought that was a good price point and "challenge" level.  Took about 3 or so hours to do and I had a lot of fun doing it.

I've got the OG 'big' Falcon ... they made a bigger one (~7k pieces irrc) a number of years back.  I paid $500 CAD for mine back in 2005.  There was a 20% sale on at the lego store at one point, so mrs.jingle bought it for me as a Father's Day gift, and the jingle.kids and I spent about 3 months gradually building the thing together (they were 6 at the time).  It was such a cool thing to do.

@ Brian ... those are bitchin!

I really want the Avengers Tower someday.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2024, 09:35:25 AM »
I saw some of the cars for sale like those.  If money were more plentiful, I'd totally buy more and more sets.  I kind of don't even care about displaying them, I just enjoy putting them together.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2024, 01:49:21 PM »
Legos are awesome. I'm a big fan of the speed champion series. They're $20-$25 and are good to put together in front of the fireplace while watching a movie.

My youngest son loves doing those. 

I think I've said this before, but my wife worked for Lego for a number of years and my father-in-law retired from there after 32 years of service.   LOVED that company; he has four or five ceremonial sets around his house.  I've actually been in the design shop.  CRAZY shit (there was a half-built life-size Batmobile there when I went). 

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2024, 01:54:00 PM »
My youngest son loves doing those. 

I think I've said this before, but my wife worked for Lego for a number of years and my father-in-law retired from there after 32 years of service.   LOVED that company; he has four or five ceremonial sets around his house.  I've actually been in the design shop.  CRAZY shit (there was a half-built life-size Batmobile there when I went).

I was always keeping an eye out for jobs there until they announced they were moving the headquarters to Boston :/

This probably goes without saying, but those ceremonial sets always end up pretty sought after, and I've seen kits with unopened boxes sell for laughable amounts.

Online pg1067

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2024, 04:47:28 PM »
I got this for Christmas last year.

I had so many Lego sets as a kid.  My mother "built"/put up shelves that went all the way around 3 of the 4 walls in my bedroom.  They were maybe a foot to a foot and a half down from the ceiling, and they were fully covered by built Lego sets (and a few other miscellaneous things.  I don't remember what became of them, but I don't think any of them moved with us when I was 18.

I got a few Star Wars Lego sets in the late '90s - around the time that The Phantom Menace came out.  Now I have that Darth Vader helmet and this Friends set:

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2024, 07:21:27 PM »
Please do not misunderstand this post. I am not judging you and I would never ever tell you what to do or why to do it. Though I don't partake myself, my libertarian leanings are such that I advocate for the legalizations of weed full stop.  And not having ACTUALLY met you, you seem a capable, responsible adult.

Having said that, please do whatever you do eyes wide open. They CAN be "addicting". I get that this is the "sales pitch" for the legalization crowd, and I get that it can be LESS addicting than other drugs (or, as they are so fond of pointing out, legal substances like coffee), but the reality is, you CAN become physically and/or mentally dependent on the use of edibles.

As in everything, except for Adami and Margot Robbie, the key is moderation.

I appreciate it, I've been on top of myself but that's a good reminder.

I researched if doing them daily is harmful. Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate it's fine. Your link is interesting but I'll need to read more into what it's proposing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2024, 08:39:08 PM »
Along the same lines of Chris' Lego sets, we've got Grogu, and I've got the Seinfeld apartment.  I also have Mjolnir, and my SS this year got me a quinjet.

I was just perusing the lego.com store - Hulkbuster Iron Man suit is on sale 30% off ($489 CAD)  4000+ pieces; 21" tall.   :justjen

Avengers Tower is $669 CAD.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2024, 08:48:29 PM »
I'll ask my brother to take a picture of his 3 Helmut models.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2024, 08:57:20 PM »
I wish I held onto my LEGOs from when I was a kid. I still have a Peter Parker minifig from the 1st Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movie that looks identical to me. I keep him on my desk.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2024, 10:40:39 PM »
I think the last earthquake we had in VA was in summer 2011. It happened right after I got home from getting my wisdom teeth removed.

Speak of the devil. We just had a minor earthquake in the area a couple hours ago.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2024, 09:22:57 AM »
I wish I held onto my LEGOs from when I was a kid.

Same, I had so many.  Granted, they were all in bins so I'd likely never be able to properly built them again, but still, just the quantity I had.

If I were rich, I'd buy so many sets

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2024, 02:32:46 PM »
Legos were my favorite toy as a kid in the 90s. The space ones were my favorite, and I remember being really proud of a pirate ship that was built as a space ship. Good memories.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2024, 10:25:47 AM »
I got about 25 of the Star Wars microfighters, I'll try and remember to post a Pic later. I think there's about 49 overall.

Had my eye on the mini Falcon, it'd look good next to my mini Star Destroyer.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2024, 10:41:10 AM »
My Nephew had the heads of Darth Vader, Boba Fett & The Mandalorian in his bedroom.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2024, 04:51:48 PM »
Here's my little collection...

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2024, 04:54:15 PM »
Although hands down my coolect Lego item is my Fish Years Marillion picture box...

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2024, 05:06:28 PM »
Would you say you’re a citizen of Legoland travellng incommunicado?