Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 95163 times)

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: GTA V
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2013, 12:52:35 PM »
Like Dimi said, new engines, and more familiarity with the hardware, as it was all brand new hardware/architecture when released. That's one reason why next-gen may not have as steep of an improvement as last, since PS4 and XB1 are using x86 (PC) which is familiar to just about everybody, hopefully giving us a significant jump from the get go.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
Just seems to me that if all of the previous limitations were on the software side, then they've kind of been shortchanging us.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »
Oh. Em. Gee.

Rockstar can shut up and take my money twice.

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »
Holy cow that looked amazing! Alot slicker than i thought!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Deve

« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2013, 05:13:25 PM »
The driving physics. THE DRIVING PHYSICS  :o

It's like they took everything that was really really fun about San Andreas that they took away from GTA IV and slipped it right back in there!! The planes, the vehicle customization, the huge amount of clothing, the buying of real estate, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE DRIVING PHSYICS! They actually look enjoyable this time around. That was my most hated thing about GTA IV.

From a post on Reddit: "Past GTA and RDR features. Max Payne 3 gunplay. Midnight Club style driving. It's like the best features from each of Rockstar's games in one game." They did forget about Rockstar Table Tennis influencing the tennis though  :lol

Before that trailer I was extremely "meh" about this game and was much more excited for something like Watch Dogs, but this trailer has single-handedly sealed the deal for my $60. Looking forward to this game immensely.

PS this and the DT tracklist and album art all on one day?! It's sensory overload!

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »
I've never played a GTA game but this looks great!  I just downloaded Saints Row The Third, as it's free on Playstation Plus this month, and while obviously much more arcade-y, is still along the same lines.  Is there any reason I should play any of the other iterations of GTA or should I just wait until GTA V?

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2013, 05:30:07 PM »
Jesus H. Christ.  This game, along with the next Gran Turismo and the PS4 release of Final Fantasy, is going to rule (read: ruin) my life

Anyone know if a PS4 bought in the US can be used in Europe?  I am moving to France summer 2014, but I want to buy the PS4 when it comes out.  Any digital rights/barriers issues I should be aware of?

NO REGION LOCKS  :metal

To be clear, that means games purchased from anywhere can be played from a system purchased from anywhere?

Offline krands85

« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2013, 05:34:20 PM »
PS this and the DT tracklist and album art all on one day?! It's sensory overload!
Yep and they are released just a week apart as well. September is going to be insane  :lol
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2013, 05:35:13 PM »
I've never played a GTA game but this looks great!  I just downloaded Saints Row The Third, as it's free on Playstation Plus this month, and while obviously much more arcade-y, is still along the same lines.  Is there any reason I should play any of the other iterations of GTA or should I just wait until GTA V?

Saints Row the Third was one of the most fun open world games I've ever played. In regards to playing a prior GTA game, I'd recommend just playing GTAIII. That way, when you finally get GTAV, you can see just how far the franchise has come. Then again, Vice City is fucking amazing, and San Andreas is going to be the dumbed down version of V. Hell, play all of them  :lol.

Jesus H. Christ.  This game, along with the next Gran Turismo and the PS4 release of Final Fantasy, is going to rule (read: ruin) my life

Anyone know if a PS4 bought in the US can be used in Europe?  I am moving to France summer 2014, but I want to buy the PS4 when it comes out.  Any digital rights/barriers issues I should be aware of?

NO REGION LOCKS  :metal

To be clear, that means games purchased from anywhere can be played from a system purchased from anywhere?

99.99% sure.

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2013, 05:35:59 PM »
Looks great, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be enjoyable. IV looked great also, and it was kind of a downer for me.

Here's something that's often puzzled me. Why does this game look so much better despite using the exact same hardware? Console games always work that way. I can understand why Skyrim looks better than Morrowind; built for people with newer, better hardware. Madden would have four or five titles per console, and each one looked quite a bit better than the last. Always made me think they were shortchanging us to improve future longevity.

It seems to me that despite the hardware being essentially the same; all of it, including the operating system is designed for a single purpose whereas on a PC there is always competition for resources and the operating system may not necessarily be optimized for gaming purposes.

Its the same reason why high end gaming systems have two or more video cards: one that serves the operating system demands while the gaming card kicks on when needed.  This allows NVIDIA, for example, to gear resource usage more optimally.

Edit: Its the same reason why Android system is far superior to Windows Mobile.  Android was developed for mobile applications where Windows Mobile is a different version of the same PC system used in a different application.  Both phones use basically same hardware, but and Android phone will always out compete a WM phone.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »
Yep and they are released just a week apart as well. September is going to be insane  :lol

Could we maybe listen to the new DT while driving around in GTAV!!??

Offline Deve

« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »

Could we maybe listen to the new DT while driving around in GTAV!!??

OH...MY...GOD...
This is what I'm gonna do for my second or third listen-through of the album.

I remember the first time I listened to SFAM I was playing San Andreas. I thought I would listen and just dick around, but I got so engaged in the music I ended up driving around aimlessly for an hour. Ugh this makes me so much more excited! SEPTEMBER CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2013, 08:39:28 PM »
I am definitely pre ordering it ASAP.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2013, 08:41:39 PM »
Similarly, I usually spend a few hours exploring as much of a map as I can just to hear what they picked for the radio stations.  ;D
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Deve

« Reply #224 on: July 09, 2013, 11:50:04 PM »
Similarly, I usually spend a few hours exploring as much of a map as I can just to hear what they picked for the radio stations.  ;D

You know what I just realized? Since the none of the main characters are Russians, that probably means no more Russian radio station! :( I'll miss the great lyrics that were "ein schwien line, sticky sticky swhine ee-eh"

But I am definitely excited to hear what they include in this game as far as radio station music. Hopefully they'll have a proper metal radio station like SR3 did. I mean, most of it wasn't very good, but there was one BTBAM song on it.

Also, another thing that's exciting when it comes to music is that this is the first GTA to have music scored to go along with missions! Very excited for that.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2013, 04:47:09 AM »
Yeah, SR 2 and 3, along with Sleeping Dogs all had Opeth, and SR3 had The Dear Hunter, which I always thought was awesome. I think GTA4 or one of its expansions even had Marillion. I hope GTA V tries to top all those with its stations.

And I'm hoping Lazlow is back as well. His GTA radio shows are tradition at this point.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2013, 06:08:30 AM »
So what is everyone's wish list?

No particular order.

- The ability to back up to any vehicle with a tow truck and hook it up.
- The ability to hijack a train
- A dead-eye feature while shooting
- No girlfriend bullshit
- Lots of outside of mission world destruction
- Flame thrower
- Monster truck (or at least a beastly pick up truck with a serious lift kit and huge tires).
- An online mode in which you don't see all of your opponents on the radar
- Be able to bribe cops below a certain wanted level.
- Executions or finishing movies (I'm thinking like in RDR when you put a shotgun to someone's chin)
- More realistic car damage
- I'd like to see better than just rag doll physics when I hit a pedestrian at 100mph. I'd love to see them dragged under the car and leave a streak of red until their bodies run out of blood.
- The ability to skin the animals I hunt and sell their hides to hunting stores.
- Speaking of hunting, I think a crossbow would be an appropriate weapon for the game.
- Some sort of zombie expansion eventually.
- The ability to eventually buy your own parking garage where you could store dozens of vehicles.
- A red taxi with spikes on the front
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:18:13 AM by Chino »

Offline Deve

« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2013, 11:08:44 AM »
So what is everyone's wish list?

No particular order.

- The ability to back up to any vehicle with a tow truck and hook it up.
- The ability to hijack a train
- A dead-eye feature while shooting
- No girlfriend bullshit
- Lots of outside of mission world destruction
- Flame thrower
- Monster truck (or at least a beastly pick up truck with a serious lift kit and huge tires).
- An online mode in which you don't see all of your opponents on the radar
- Be able to bribe cops below a certain wanted level.
- Executions or finishing movies (I'm thinking like in RDR when you put a shotgun to someone's chin)
- More realistic car damage
- I'd like to see better than just rag doll physics when I hit a pedestrian at 100mph. I'd love to see them dragged under the car and leave a streak of red until their bodies run out of blood.
- The ability to skin the animals I hunt and sell their hides to hunting stores.
- Speaking of hunting, I think a crossbow would be an appropriate weapon for the game.
- Some sort of zombie expansion eventually.
- The ability to eventually buy your own parking garage where you could store dozens of vehicles.
- A red taxi with spikes on the front

A deadeye feature has been confirmed I'm pretty sure. If you saw the stat meters in the trailer, one of them was "special". Each character has his own special ability, and I believe that it's Michael that's able to go into bullet time.

Dude, ragdoll is the greatest physics engine invention EVER! It's my favourite thing about hitting people ;D

I think it's absolutely necessary that there be zombie DLC for this one. It would be too much fun.

As for my list:

-  Post GTA IV style cheats, AKA via button input and not the cellphone
- Speaking of that, NO CELLPHONE
- Also speaking of that, better cheats than what was in GTA IV (I just want to fly my tow truck over Mount Chiliad, is that too much to ask Rockstar?)
- No having to go out with friends/cousins to increase their friendship meter
- A JETPACK

That's all I can think of right now haha

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
Pretty sure everything in this game is post GTA IV.  ;)
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2013, 12:34:38 PM »

As for my list:

That's all I can think of right now haha

I liked that style of cheating. It made it easy to just have a dozen vehicle cheats already stored.

Cheats via voice command would be awesome!

Offline Deve

« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2013, 01:16:22 PM »
Pretty sure everything in this game is post GTA IV.  ;)

:lol oops I meant pre-GTA IV style cheats. DON'T PRETEND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I MEANT

Offline Deve

« Reply #231 on: July 10, 2013, 11:16:06 PM »
Some new info from CVG/GTAV.net:

• "Over 1,000 car customization options" (Bulletproof tires, armor, etc.)
  • Car will turn up in an impound if left in the street. Must pay a fine to retrieve it
  • You can't directly "weaponize" your car, but there are a lot of little options. (Car leaking petrol and light em up, sticky bombs)
  • Guns will be with you throughout the whole game
  • Customized guns will broaden range of options during missions. (Stealthy vs. loud, Scope, etc.)
  • Moved from static fights to free focus. Quickly switch your focus to other enemies. No longer need to lock on to enemies, although you can lock on if you wish
  • "Hits are much more satisfying"
  • Each character has different animation. Strength stat has a bearing on melee capability
  • Expect really cool destruction/carnage/damage
  • Combat AI much more advance with more knowledge of environment
  • Enemies will behave different by who they are (SWAT is organized, gang members are more "gung ho")
  • 3 protag will feel natural and will not feel like a balancing act, allowing the game to feel more natural. (if Franklin and Michael are in a car, you can drive as Michael, switch to Franklin, and Michael will continue driving)
  • Shooting stat will affect steadiness of aim, amount of ammo you can carry, aim stability, etc. (You can go to the shooting range to increase stat. Also goes up if you kill an enemy. You are rewarded for better kills like head shots)
  • Car horns can be customized

Obviously, the most exciting thing in that list is CUSTOMIZABLE CAR HORNS  :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2013, 04:14:11 AM »
I'm excited about the damage bit myself. One thing that concerns me..."you can go to the shooting range". I hope this is limited to just guns and maybe a driving school. I really don't feel like going to a gym or food places to keep my health and stamina up.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2013, 03:44:23 AM »
I love how they say Grand Theft Auto Online, makes it almost sound like a diffrent identity then GTA 5. I mean they could have said GTA 5 Multiplayer or GTA 5 Online.

Mmmmmmm I feed on speculations!  :hat

BTW if you like to watch a informative breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzdQ_o12rRM&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLL7-7TcGDvLhxWTkGT0gdXbDBwpaCjQ_c
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:13:59 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
https://www.oxm.co.uk/58453/gta-5-details-player-owned-dog-15-wild-animal-species-and-a-japanese-release-date/

#Grand Theft Auto 5 features a dog named Chop, who can be outfitted with different collars and accessories. The heart-rending part? You can lose him.

#the game features 15 species of wild animal, all of whom can be killed for sport and, one assumes, nutrition.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2013, 05:06:48 PM »
https://www.oxm.co.uk/58453/gta-5-details-player-owned-dog-15-wild-animal-species-and-a-japanese-release-date/

#Grand Theft Auto 5 features a dog named Chop, who can be outfitted with different collars and accessories. The heart-rending part? You can lose him.

#the game features 15 species of wild animal, all of whom can be killed for sport and, one assumes, nutrition.

I might just kill him first thing so his imminent death isn't looming over my head.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »
I'll keep him as long as I can, and call him Call Of Duty Dog for as long as that is.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2013, 05:21:43 PM »
I'll keep him. Just so it hurts all the more when I lose him.  :sadpanda:

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
Maybe I'll see if I can get a bear to maul him.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2013, 05:24:59 PM »
"If your dog is lost, you don't just sit around and wait for him to come back, you get off your ass and find that fuckin dog"

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2013, 05:25:40 PM »
I'll be blading around in booty shorts hanging up "Lost Professor Fancy" posters everywhere.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2013, 10:44:27 PM »
I don't like tennis, so can I still get a 100% in the game if I skip all those in-game tennis mini games?  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2013, 11:49:57 PM »
I suppose a nice incentive would be to unlock a cheat where you bat explosive tennis balls at things.

Actually, holy fuck that would be awesome. Like the 'splode-fu cheat from GTA4.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #243 on: July 17, 2013, 04:12:33 AM »
I suppose a nice incentive would be to unlock a cheat where you bat explosive tennis balls at things.

Actually, holy fuck that would be awesome. Like the 'splode-fu cheat from GTA4.

What cheat is that???

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #244 on: July 17, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »
It's been years since I played the game now (hard to believe it's been that long since 2008), but I remember there being a cheat to make all your punches and kicks result in exploding or badly damaging anything you hit with it. So people would go flying, cars would explode in one or two hits. My friends and I lovingly labeled it "Splode-fu".  :D

Okay, no I found it. It was the Super Punch, and was in The Ballad Of Gay Tony. Number was 276-555-2666.