Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 222183 times)

Kwyjibo and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online MirrorMask

Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #455 on: November 21, 2019, 08:13:10 AM »
Haven't heard about this until now, could be a fun show. Hugh Laurie is always great.

Avenue 5 (2019): Official Teaser | HBO

The fact that it is from Armando Iannucci, the guy that brought us The Thick of It and Veep, was all I needed. Throw in Hugh, who was also awesome in Veep, and this seems like a can't lose.

Totally on board for this.

Yay, I'm in!  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #456 on: November 21, 2019, 09:18:46 AM »
Rewatching 'Chuck'.   10 years old now, scarily.   Still a hugely entertaining, fun filled ride.

My kid and I loved that show.   Great cast; Matt Bomer, Zach Levi, Yvonne Strahovski.

One of the very few shows where the manufactured, forced love story actually worked.  I liked them together.   I also first heard Band Of Horses ("No One's Gonna Love You") on that show.

Genuinely the song I got married too.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #457 on: November 21, 2019, 10:17:40 AM »
Currently:

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (re-watch of entire 176 episodes)
Watchmen
The Mandalorian
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline krands85

« Reply #458 on: November 21, 2019, 07:49:18 PM »
Just watched first 2 Episodes of S4 of ‘The Man in the High Castle’. Doesn’t look like they’ve skipped a beat.  Probably try to knock this one out over the next couple days.

Finished. I won’t go into detail as to give other more time.....all I can say is I really like(d) this series, am sad it is over.....and for as satisfying as the ending was it was also equally peculiar
'Satisfying' wasn't the word that came to mind for me for the ending :(

I felt like the season started slowly and I wasn't really convinced by some of the changes. But things began to pick up about halfway through and I was hoping it was building towards a great conclusion. Sadly, I ended up fairly disappointed - I was hoping for more.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #459 on: November 22, 2019, 09:04:38 AM »
Has anybody watched The Righteous Gemstones on HBO? Made by and starring Danny McBride, it also features John Goodman, Adam DeVine, and Walton Goggins. Walton and McBride also starred in HBO's Vice Principals. I just might renew my HBO subscription before Westworld comes back to watch TRG but want to know if anyone else here has seen it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #460 on: November 22, 2019, 12:33:17 PM »
Has anybody watched The Righteous Gemstones on HBO? Made by and starring Danny McBride, it also features John Goodman, Adam DeVine, and Walton Goggins. Walton and McBride also starred in HBO's Vice Principals. I just might renew my HBO subscription before Westworld comes back to watch TRG but want to know if anyone else here has seen it.

Yes. It’s funny. It’s your typical Danny McBride show.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #461 on: November 24, 2019, 10:51:03 PM »
Just noticed some people mention Season 2 of The End of the Fucking World got put up on Netflix.

I know that's 1 thing I'll be binging this Thanksgiving week/end.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #462 on: November 25, 2019, 09:16:26 AM »
Just noticed some people mention Season 2 of The End of the Fucking World got put up on Netflix.

Watched the first two episodes. Right in line with season 1. Very cool stuff

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #463 on: November 25, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »

Yes. It’s funny. It’s your typical Danny McBride show.

Not as good as Eastbound and Down but better than Vice Principals.  If you enjoyed his other shows, you'll like it.  It's like he just keeps playing the same character but in different worlds or something  :lol It's like all the same humor and stuff.  Just not sure anything is going to touch Eastbound and Down though, that show was top notch comedy IMO.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: November 25, 2019, 02:23:37 PM »
Not as good as Eastbound and Down but better than Vice Principals.  If you enjoyed his other shows, you'll like it.  It's like he just keeps playing the same character but in different worlds or something  :lol It's like all the same humor and stuff.  Just not sure anything is going to touch Eastbound and Down though, that show was top notch comedy IMO.

It is the exact same character in different settings. While I thought The Royal Gemstones was funny.....it's the 'least' funny of his efforts thus far. But....still funny. I get more of a kick out of his supporting cast as well.....just watching them all be freaking dumb silly....

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #465 on: November 25, 2019, 03:08:10 PM »
Yea this is probably his best support cast. I may have loved his sister the best and of course Baby Billy was great (the other vice principal actor)

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #466 on: November 25, 2019, 03:08:33 PM »
Started Jack Ryan and Fleabag on Prime Video!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: November 25, 2019, 11:02:47 PM »

Watched the first two episodes. Right in line with season 1. Very cool stuff

Finished this one up. If you liked S1 you’ll like S2. Same ‘feel’ and vibe......some messed up stuff along with oddly touching moments.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #468 on: November 29, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »
Very underwhelmed by S2 of Jack Ryan. It wasn't 'bad' per say but the predictability of this season combined with the lack of action really detracted from the enjoyment for me. The moment that Max told Jack there was 'someone else' it's painfully obvious that it was the Senator so that wasn't a twist at all.....the 'trusted' Police officer turning over Greer.....Harriet being a spy from the moment they met........things like that.

Again, I don't think it sucked but it certainly wasn't worth the sleep I lost to watch it.

Things I'm looking forward to.

The final season of VIKINGS that starts next week and S4 of THE EXPANSE. And, I am really looking forward to The Rise of Skywalker. No matter what...to see the 'end' of the Skywalker saga is going to be pretty cool.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2019, 09:34:02 AM »
Very underwhelmed by S2 of Jack Ryan. It wasn't 'bad' per say but the predictability of this season combined with the lack of action really detracted from the enjoyment for me. The moment that Max told Jack there was 'someone else' it's painfully obvious that it was the Senator so that wasn't a twist at all.....the 'trusted' Police officer turning over Greer.....Harriet being a spy from the moment they met........things like that.

Again, I don't think it sucked but it certainly wasn't worth the sleep I lost to watch it.

Yeah, same here, I enjoyed it over all but near the end Jack Ryan kinda became a terminator, staying behind 32 times when he was ordered to get back to Washington (really, just drag the dude on a plane), and culminating in the raid in the presidential palace which was cool and all, but come on, when a relative nobody of the US administration would get the occasion to punch Maduro in the face?

Still it was fun, but Season 1 was better, including the climax.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #470 on: November 29, 2019, 09:52:32 AM »

Yeah, same here, I enjoyed it over all but near the end Jack Ryan kinda became a terminator, staying behind 32 times when he was ordered to get back to Washington (really, just drag the dude on a plane), and culminating in the raid in the presidential palace which was cool and all, but come on, when a relative nobody of the US administration would get the occasion to punch Maduro in the face?

Still it was fun, but Season 1 was better, including the climax.

Yeah. Your small font comment was something that was driving me crazy as well.

I’m sure it’ll get a S3 so let’s hope they can rebound and get back on track

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #471 on: December 02, 2019, 11:06:43 PM »
Well....fired up the first episode of ‘SEE’ on Apple TV just to check it out.  Looks like I’ll have to jam this one out. Watched first two episodes and it’s pretty solid.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2019, 07:21:55 AM »
Last night I watched the entire first season of a Netflix show called Dead To Me. It was phenomenal.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2019, 11:42:53 PM »
My wife and I just finished season 5 of The Blacklist. I have so many questions..... :|

Also Samar Navabi is possibly the worst TV character I've ever seen. I absolutely can not stand her.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #474 on: December 04, 2019, 04:55:28 AM »
I stopped watching around the time they went to Cuba, I just got tired of Liz. I don't like her character and I don't really care for the actress who plays her.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #475 on: December 06, 2019, 03:51:48 PM »
Forgot to check back here... interesting. I'm on the fence on Righteous Gemstones; I may just check it out when I resub to HBO for Westworld's return...

I binged the first season of Living With Yourself starring Paul Rudd and the drop dead gorgeous Aisling Bea (Irish brunettes, whew *fans self*). Very interesting premise and the two are captivating to watch. I thought each episode was good and the way they use suspense is great, the time jumps are executed very well and the end of episode cliffhangers had me excited to jump into the next episode. I hope it's not a long wait for season 2. You can catch it on Netflix.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #476 on: December 06, 2019, 04:20:33 PM »
Forgot to check back here... interesting. I'm on the fence on Righteous Gemstones; I may just check it out when I resub to HBO for Westworld's return...

I binged the first season of Living With Yourself starring Paul Rudd and the drop dead gorgeous Aisling Bea (Irish brunettes, whew *fans self*). Very interesting premise and the two are captivating to watch. I thought each episode was good and the way they use suspense is great, the time jumps are executed very well and the end of episode cliffhangers had me excited to jump into the next episode. I hope it's not a long wait for season 2. You can catch it on Netflix.

I also watched that show and found it quite interesting. I also concur on Aisling. Was not aware of her until this show. Yeah, brunette with an Irish accent. Whew.

On another note, I plan on starting that new show on Hulu called Reprisal at some point. Saw the trailer and it grabbed me.
Got The Expanse and Lost In Space returning this month as well. My queue is backing up again. Still haven't started the last season of Man In The High Castle. Been hung up on Watchmen and His Dark Materials.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #477 on: December 11, 2019, 02:23:03 AM »
I'm wearily dragging myself over the finish line with the final season of Mozart in the Jungle. The first one was amazing from start to finish, but the feel of it was squandered away in the following seasons and each one was worse than the previous. I'm just watching to see how it ends and be done with it, I'll always have season 1 but the other three are forgettable.

I'm also watching The Romanoffs. No, it's not a period drama - it's set in modern times and each episode follows a (supposed) descendant of the family. It's a bit weird, each episode is basically a mini movie and the tone is different, but it's interesting enough to keep going.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #478 on: December 11, 2019, 07:58:18 AM »
Got The Expanse and Lost In Space returning this month as well. My queue is backing up again. Still haven't started the last season of Man In The High Castle. Been hung up on Watchmen and His Dark Materials.

Cannot wait for the Expanse!!!!  That's this Friday   :metal   Lost in Space looks to be pretty cool again. I watched the final Season on Man in the High Castle....will be interested to see what you have to say about it. I enjoyed the heck out of the series although I'm still left wondering about some things even after the end. His Dark Materials has been pretty neat. Been watching it with my kiddos. Really digging it. And, I am waiting to view 'The Watchmen' on HBO until I watch the Movie. Good thing is that once I get to it I'll be able to jam through those Episodes pretty quick and not have to wait week to week.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #479 on: December 11, 2019, 08:58:56 AM »
THAT Lost In Space?   June Lockhart/Guy Williams Lost In Space (presumably with newer, younger actors)?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #480 on: December 11, 2019, 09:06:50 AM »
THAT Lost In Space?   June Lockhart/Guy Williams Lost In Space (presumably with newer, younger actors)?

Season 1 Trailer. S2 comes out this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzmM0AB60QQ

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #481 on: December 11, 2019, 09:49:52 AM »

Season 1 Trailer. S2 comes out this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzmM0AB60QQ

Aside from Dr. Smith, I really liked season 1. I'm looking forward to season 2. Hopefully they fix the Smith character a bit though. I love Parker Posey but that wasn't great casting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #482 on: December 21, 2019, 03:56:41 PM »
Finally started the final season of Man In The High Castle. Few minutes into the first episode and they pissed me off royally. Gonna try and knock it out this weekend.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #483 on: December 21, 2019, 04:10:35 PM »
I got about 20 minutes into The Witcher yesterday and I look forward to watching more.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #484 on: December 27, 2019, 05:15:16 PM »
Watched the first two episodes of Season 2 of "You".  I like that show.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #485 on: December 28, 2019, 04:20:15 AM »
Continuing my full rewatch of Mr. Robot. I started season 3 and it's a blast  :metal

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #486 on: December 28, 2019, 04:48:59 AM »
Continuing my full rewatch of Mr. Robot. I started season 3 and it's a blast  :metal

Best. Series. Ever.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #487 on: December 28, 2019, 05:11:54 AM »

Best. Series. Ever.

Yeah, season 2 was difficult to live in real time, but boy if it paid off. Episode 3 of season 3 is entirely dedicated on catching up with Tyrell, I can't think of any other series where you waited so long for the resolution of a mystery and then in a single episode you got all the answers you wanted and more, and it all made perfect sense without that feeling of "Wait, what?" that often plagues late reveals. Absolutely awesome.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #488 on: January 04, 2020, 06:41:27 PM »
Just finished The Messiah on Netflix....very, very well done. A bit on the silly side, but still some good drama and some interesting dialogue. Definitely recommend. :tup

Online faizoff

« Reply #489 on: January 04, 2020, 07:46:48 PM »

Best. Series. Ever.

Yeah, season 2 was difficult to live in real time, but boy if it paid off. Episode 3 of season 3 is entirely dedicated on catching up with Tyrell, I can't think of any other series where you waited so long for the resolution of a mystery and then in a single episode you got all the answers you wanted and more, and it all made perfect sense without that feeling of "Wait, what?" that often plagues late reveals. Absolutely awesome.

I'm really itching to begin my rewatch, season 4 was perhaps my favorite final season of a show not named breaking bad. Incredible from start to finish.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan