Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 199607 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #2275 on: September 28, 2021, 06:45:57 AM »
Morning update, still alive, but my arm fucking hurts, like way worse than the first two. Either that's how it is, or I've just become a bigger pussy in the past six months, but I can barely lift it above my shoulder.

I assume that'll make your downtime less fun.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2276 on: September 28, 2021, 07:21:11 AM »
Morning update, still alive, but my arm fucking hurts, like way worse than the first two. Either that's how it is, or I've just become a bigger pussy in the past six months, but I can barely lift it above my shoulder.

I'm right handed, it'll still work.

Online Adami

« Reply #2277 on: September 28, 2021, 08:14:25 AM »

I'm right handed, it'll still work.

Again I refer to your avatar.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2278 on: September 28, 2021, 08:16:26 AM »
:lol

:lol I actually think if anything the booster is less vaccine by 50%.  I read that was Pfizer's plan to keep production of first vaccines and boosters without compromising doses they plan to produce, but not sure if that's the reality right now.

Just talked with my cousin and his wife real quick, they're both pharmacists, and they confirmed all the doses are the same amount, 0.3ml.

No argument; they are professionals not me, but I thought I saw on my local news about two/three weeks ago something along the lines of what Cram said.   My local news does a "We Verify!" segment - kind of like a news version of Snopes - and they did a piece on that.   Maybe it changed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2279 on: September 28, 2021, 08:17:53 AM »
:lol I actually think if anything the booster is less vaccine by 50%.  I read that was Pfizer's plan to keep production of first vaccines and boosters without compromising doses they plan to produce, but not sure if that's the reality right now.

Just talked with my cousin and his wife real quick, they're both pharmacists, and they confirmed all the doses are the same amount, 0.3ml.

Yeah, everything I see today is that it's the exact same dosage and same vaccine.  I can't find where I read they were going to half the dose of boosters to keep supply. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2280 on: September 28, 2021, 08:38:49 AM »
Here's the FDA fact sheet my cousin forwarded to me...

https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2281 on: September 28, 2021, 08:43:59 AM »

No argument; they are professionals not me, but I thought I saw on my local news about two/three weeks ago something along the lines of what Cram said.   My local news does a "We Verify!" segment - kind of like a news version of Snopes - and they did a piece on that.   Maybe it changed.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2282 on: September 28, 2021, 01:06:48 PM »

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2283 on: September 28, 2021, 01:08:57 PM »

Guilty as charged.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2284 on: September 28, 2021, 01:11:08 PM »
I'm just foolin', brother mine.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline emtee

« Reply #2285 on: September 28, 2021, 01:24:06 PM »
I'm concerned with the high number of hospital staff being fired across the U.S. due to the mandate. Hospitals are already short of clinical staff. This will really present challenges and ultimately the patients will suffer.

There are systems that have notified hundreds of employees that they will be terminated by November or December. Gonna be rough sailing for the foreseeable future in the healthcare industry.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 01:30:24 PM by emtee »

Online Adami

« Reply #2286 on: September 28, 2021, 01:25:20 PM »
I'm concerned with the high number of hospital staff being fired across the U.S. due to the mandate. Hospitals are already short of clinical staff. This will really present challenges and ultimately the patients will suffer.

There are systems that have notified hundreds of employees that they will be terminated by November or December. Gonna be rough sailing for the f I rideable future in the healthcare industry.

Terminated for refusing the vaccine? Don't they have the option to be tested or did they refuse that?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2287 on: September 28, 2021, 01:31:57 PM »

There are systems that have notified hundreds of employees that they will be terminated by November or December. Gonna be rough sailing for the f I rideable future in the healthcare industry.

This definitely could be bad, but so far, the reality of people actually quitting is very low.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/all-that-tough-talk-over-quitting-jobs-over-a-covid-vaccine-mandate-is-really-just-idle-threats-11632491048

Basically, people say they will quit in surveys, but when the time comes most comply.  Granted, even a 2% loss of workers could be detrimental in some areas.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2288 on: September 28, 2021, 01:32:45 PM »

Terminated for refusing the vaccine? Don't they have the option to be tested or did they refuse that?
With the rules that I've seen, there is no such option.  Get vaccinated.

Which makes sense to me.  They are in the medical profession. 

Offline emtee

« Reply #2289 on: September 28, 2021, 01:33:25 PM »
Yes, for not getting the vaccine. Not sure of how each system is presenting options for their staff as far as testing. I'm reading multiple articles from multiple states. NY is really aggressive.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2290 on: September 28, 2021, 02:13:10 PM »
I work for a large healthcare system in Chicago and the surrounding area. Our rule is get vaccinated or get fired. No testing option.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2291 on: September 28, 2021, 02:15:28 PM »
The testing option is part of Biden's mandate I believe.  Hospitals historically always require vaccinations from my understanding. It's really not anything new.

Online Adami

« Reply #2292 on: September 28, 2021, 02:16:58 PM »
The testing option is part of Biden's mandate I believe.  Hospitals historically always require vaccinations from my understanding. It's really not anything new.

This is true. I always refused flu vaccines (until COVID hit) and couldn't get a job at a hospital because of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2293 on: September 28, 2021, 02:28:11 PM »
Yep, we have the same rule for the flu vaccine. Get it or get out. I never got one my entire life until a few years ago when it got tied to employment. I never really got the flu ever so I just didn't bother. Didn't complain when they mandated it for the flu. I actually have to get my shot in 2 weeks or so.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2294 on: September 28, 2021, 02:32:44 PM »

There are systems that have notified hundreds of employees that they will be terminated by November or December. Gonna be rough sailing for the foreseeable future in the healthcare industry.

I'm not being rhetorical, I'm sincerely asking.  Is there a difference between them being fired or quitting?   

We had a similar situation here in CT regarding bus drivers.   Everyone was gearing up for school's going remote because there wouldn't be enough vaccinated drivers to get the kids to the schools.  End of the day, five drivers didn't show up for work.  I think it might be different for healthcare workers and certainly the consequences are potentially different, but still.

I do know this; a good close friend of mine had an emergency appendectomy about four days ago.  He is relatively a-political, but he felt compelled to go on a local Town forum and relate his story, because virtually every aspect of his time in, from emergency room, through laproscopic surgery, through discharge, was in some way impacted by COVID, more specifically the burden placed on the hospitals by COVID.

Offline emtee

« Reply #2295 on: September 28, 2021, 02:38:19 PM »

I'm not being rhetorical, I'm sincerely asking.  Is there a difference between them being fired or quitting?   

We had a similar situation here in CT regarding bus drivers.   Everyone was gearing up for school's going remote because there wouldn't be enough vaccinated drivers to get the kids to the schools.  End of the day, five drivers didn't show up for work.  I think it might be different for healthcare workers and certainly the consequences are potentially different, but still.

I do know this; a good close friend of mine had an emergency appendectomy about four days ago.  He is relatively a-political, but he felt compelled to go on a local Town forum and relate his story, because virtually every aspect of his time in, from emergency room, through laproscopic surgery, through discharge, was in some way impacted by COVID, more specifically the burden placed on the hospitals by COVID.

As far as adequate patient care is concerned, I'd say zero difference. A net loss of a qualified healthcare worker is a net loss either way.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2296 on: September 28, 2021, 02:50:26 PM »

Offline darkshade

« Reply #2297 on: September 28, 2021, 04:22:57 PM »
Something I never see anyone talk about.

Any vaccine, as far as I know, gets tested for a lengthy amount of time, and once released and causes 50 deaths, is pulled from use and the authorization is recanted,
except this one.

Depending on where you look, the covid vax had caused somewhere between 16,000 and upwards of 50,000 deaths, in the US. 
Still, this drug hasn't been pulled or scrutinized in any way. Why is that???

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2298 on: September 28, 2021, 04:29:27 PM »
Depending on where you look, the covid vax had caused somewhere between 16,000 and upwards of 50,000 deaths, in the US. 

Source?

I have one published today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/09/10/fact-check-no-evidence-vaccine-related-complications-killed-45-000/8256978002/

“To date, CDC has not detected any unusual or unexpected patterns for deaths following immunization that would indicate that COVID vaccines are causing or contributing to deaths, outside of the 3 confirmed deaths following the Janssen vaccine," she wrote in an email.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #2299 on: September 28, 2021, 04:34:55 PM »
I don't trust any one source, these companies got the media outlets by the balls,
but the point is, no matter where you look, well more than 50 Americans died from taking the jab, but yet it's still available.
VAERS is a government website. If they aren't trustworthy, why should the FDA or CDC be trustworthy?

The FDA allowed poisonous ingredients to be put into foods and medicines for decades, they take profit from the companies that poison us.
The FDA approved Zantac, and millions of people got cancer from it over the last 15 or so years.
The FDA openly admitted that they knew there was a cancer causing ingredient in Zantac and they allowed it anyway because it was “only trace amounts of a cancer causing ingredient”.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #2300 on: September 28, 2021, 04:45:54 PM »
I also believe covid has been so politicized that many who lean more left ALSO are skeptical about the virus and the so-called vaccines, are just as upset over so-called mandates and restrictions and everything else that goes against the science surrounding antibodies of those previously infected, fake news about 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' and on and on...

but are too embarrassed to say or do anything about it, because of politics...

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #2301 on: September 28, 2021, 04:46:18 PM »
is it that time again? must be tuesday

Offline darkshade

« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 05:00:07 PM by darkshade »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2303 on: September 28, 2021, 04:52:01 PM »

I don't trust any one source, these companies got the media outlets by the balls,

If you believe the first quote is correct, then you must've heard it somewhere..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline darkshade

« Reply #2304 on: September 28, 2021, 04:55:21 PM »

If you believe the first quote is correct, then you must've heard it somewhere..

It's anywhere between 16,000 and 50,000, depending on the source, so even if the low end is more accurate, which is what VAERS reports, it's still more than 50.
I take it all with a grain of salt. Maybe it's zero and VAERS is a completely untrustworthy source, but then, what other areas of the government are untrustworthy? Rhetorical.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #2305 on: September 28, 2021, 05:00:15 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/09/10/fact-check-no-evidence-vaccine-related-complications-killed-45-000/8256978002/

My response is: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

A news article with 'fact checkers' doesn't change my mind.

Example:
The Ivermectin overdose story wound up being a fake story published by Rolling Stone, picked up by every news outlet,
story was found to be false, was never retracted by 'fact checkers'. Social media didn't raise awareness about the story being fake.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2306 on: September 28, 2021, 05:51:45 PM »

I was hoping he got lost.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2307 on: September 28, 2021, 06:44:25 PM »

I was hoping he got lost.

Must've left a trail of Zantac.  Which is risky in and of itself - I heard touching Zantac causes eczema.  And I don't trust any website with "usa" in the url - today, tomorrow, yesterday.... doesn't matter.  Not trustworthy at all. 

BTW, where's that damned "Translate" button Bosk has been promising us for a while?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2308 on: September 28, 2021, 07:22:18 PM »
I've always liked Frank Hannon. Always came across as a genuinely good dude. I like him even more now that he admits he was on the wrong side of the vaccine debate.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/teslas-frank-hannon-admits-he-was-wrong-about-covid-19-vaccine-i-went-through-a-month-of-hell/

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2309 on: September 28, 2021, 07:24:18 PM »
I've always liked Frank Hannon. Always came across as a genuinely good dude. I like him even more now that he admits he was on the wrong side of the vaccine debate.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/teslas-frank-hannon-admits-he-was-wrong-about-covid-19-vaccine-i-went-through-a-month-of-hell/

Respect to Frank Hannon.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol