Author Topic: What if MP wants to come back now?  (Read 69384 times)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What if MP wants to come back now?
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2010, 09:08:26 AM »
I just read the A7X press release. Man, Mike dearly needs to do damage control.

rumborak

You mean the couple sentences from M. Shadows or is there something else now?

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2010, 10:06:54 AM »
And "metal listeners" are more important than everyone else are they?

No, who says that?

Indeed he could.
Yes, he could.

For a start, I can't imagine many people who don't like metal enjoying A7X

Sorry dude, but this is just ignorant. I can imagine many people who don't like metal enjoying A7X

You don't seem to even know what point you're trying to make.
I think that's happening to you.

We simply said that A7X are bigger than DT, globally. Nothing to do with genre, or anything like that. They are bigger, in that more people know of them, and they have a bigger fanbase. DT probably have the more dedicated fanbase as they've been around a lot longer, but that's about it.

That is false, that's not happening in Europe. Just in USA or UK.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »
A7X has an album that debuted a 1 and 4 in the US, and two golds and a platinum album. DT's highest charting album is 6 and have one gold album.

No question that A7X has a larger fanbase. They are signed to a record label in Warner Bros. that is much more pop oriented.

And that's what I need to read, nothing more. It's all clear now. A pop band, popular for casual listeners, far away from me. Thanks for the info.

This makes zero sense.  

I don't like A7X, but to say they are a pop band doesn't make any sense.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
RazielSR, this thread isn't about whether or not you like A7X.  Stop arguing with people and taking the thread off topic.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2010, 10:13:22 AM »
EDIT: and the names:

M. Shadows
Zacky Vengeance
Synyster Gates
Johnny Christ

Shit, the new x-men movie

:rollin
That alone should have earned this Spaniard a little slack around here.  
Could you explain to me what do you mean by "this Spaniard"?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2010, 10:15:30 AM »
He means that you are from Spain.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2010, 10:18:50 AM »

Oh well, then that American should have earned a little snack around here  :rollin

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2010, 10:20:42 AM »

Oh well, then that American should have earned a little snack around here  :rollin
I don't think he's hungry.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2010, 10:21:11 AM »
To be fair, he's probably somewhat right about the relative popularities here and there.  AV7 played ab 3k seat venue two months ago in Barcelona.  DT's last tour through there was in a 13k seat arena.  While we have no idea how well these things sold, it does stand to reason that they were allowing for greater capacity.

Worldwide, I suppose AV7 does have a larger fanbase, but the dilution of the American Hot-Topic set probably skews that quite a bit.  I wouldn't be surprised if that weren't a very large demographic in Europe.  .

Edit:  starving, BTW.  Lunch time here in Dallas.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2010, 10:21:22 AM »
RazielSR, this thread isn't about whether or not you like A7X.  Stop arguing with people and taking the thread off topic.

Hi there bösk, you are right and I was not talking about it since this morning and I didn't have any intention, but now I see people is posting again and quoting my words just trying to start a fight.

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2010, 10:22:10 AM »

I don't think he's hungry.

OMFG, what did I wrote there  :lol. Well, anyway I was just joking.

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2010, 10:23:38 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if that weren't a very large demographic in Europe.  .

Edit:  starving, BTW.  Lunch time here in Dallas.

They are not popular in Europe, Barto. Do not forget the "snack"  :facepalm:

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2010, 10:25:16 AM »
A7X has an album that debuted a 1 and 4 in the US, and two golds and a platinum album. DT's highest charting album is 6 and have one gold album.

No question that A7X has a larger fanbase. They are signed to a record label in Warner Bros. that is much more pop oriented.

And that's what I need to read, nothing more. It's all clear now. A pop band, popular for casual listeners, far away from me. Thanks for the info.

This makes zero sense.  

Well, they are really POPular in USA and UK, isn't it?  :metal

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2010, 10:30:22 AM »

Hi there bösk, you are right and I was not talking about it since this morning and I didn't have any intention, but now I see people is posting again and quoting my words just trying to start a fight.

Yes, because you are posting and posting and posting, so people are responding, responding, responding.  If you have something on topic to say, feel free to contribute.  If you are going to continue taking the thread off topic, you are going to be asked to leave.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2010, 10:30:58 AM »
I could go for a snack.

bosky?

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2010, 10:32:58 AM »

This makes zero sense.  

I meant it in the sense that they are more popular in the mainstream, not of the boy band pop-sounding genre. They're quite rock/metal, especially their early stuff.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2010, 10:35:15 AM »

Offline Bone_Daddy

« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2010, 10:35:47 AM »

M. Shadows
Zacky Vengeance
Synyster Gates
Johnny Christ

Shit, the new x-men movie

Fucking LOL - well said. About pissed myself reading that.

Offline RazielSR

« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2010, 10:36:11 AM »
RazielSR, this thread isn't about whether or not you like A7X.  Stop arguing with people and taking the thread off topic.

Yes, because you are posting and posting and posting, so people are responding, responding, responding.  If you have something on topic to say, feel free to contribute.  If you are going to continue taking the thread off topic, you are going to be asked to leave.

That's not true. Dude,  you can ban me if you want but if you read the whole thing, you'll see that I started to talk about A7X asking why people says is that popular, people started to get mad here because he didn't want to see that A7X is not popular outside USA or UK and there are another almost unkown bands selling more than A7X in Europe. Then I stopped the thing and suddenly some people quoted my posts to start a fight. And other people talked after me about the real purpose of the topic. Man, now I'm just answering to the quotes. If somebody quote my words, I'm not allowed to reply? How is that? Ban me if you want then, if you think it's right and correct. Anyway, from my part the Avenged Sevenfold thing is over and I don't need to comment anything more.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »
Chill out, man, or he will ban you.  He just banned ME, and I just asked him if he wanted a snack!

Offline Bone_Daddy

« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »
I think the closest thing to figuring how Mangini would sound in DT is to check out Mullmuzzler's Venice Burning.

I'd add Steve Vai's Fire Garden Suite, Mangini's best recorded work so far.

This.

Fire Garden.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2010, 10:43:52 AM »
mmmm No. DT are bigger here and you forget that in Europe (not UK, cause UK is like a second USA, not similar to the rest of Europe in many things) Nordic metal and german metal are much more popular.
Classy.

Y pues, joder, impresionante que un tío como tú sepa otra lengua que el español.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »
In that case he should've said "Spanish". At least that's the "politically correct" way.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2010, 10:49:06 AM »

rumborak

The "too press release-happy" thing? That seemed more indicative of Dream Theater on the whole rather than strictly Mike.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2010, 10:54:47 AM »
In that case he should've said "Spanish". At least that's the "politically correct" way.
Since when?  "Spaniard" doesn't mean anything other than "a person who is from Spain." 

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2010, 10:55:11 AM »

rumborak

The "too press release-happy" thing? That seemed more indicative of Dream Theater on the whole rather than strictly Mike.

Yeah, but DT only had 4 press releases about the thing: DT's, JP's, JR's, and JLB's.  All of them sad "we're very sad but we're going to go forward and we're very optimistic.  We wish Mike the best."  The rest of it was in interviews (like James talking about how excited they were).  For every passive-aggressive comment or jab that MP posted, there was no response from DT's side.  None at all, save James clarification about his excitement that got Mike in a tiff.  My guess is that A7X mentioned both parties to make it fair.  

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #236 on: December 17, 2010, 10:59:02 AM »
Since when?  "Spaniard" doesn't mean anything other than "a person who is from Spain." 

And now back on topic  :police:

:D
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #237 on: December 17, 2010, 11:01:10 AM »

rumborak

Yeah, but DT only had 4 press releases about the thing: DT's, JP's, JR's, and JLB's.  All of them sad "we're very sad but we're going to go forward and we're very optimistic.  We wish Mike the best."  The rest of it was in interviews (like James talking about how excited they were).  For every passive-aggressive comment or jab that MP posted, there was no response from DT's side.  None at all, save James clarification about his excitement that got Mike in a tiff.  My guess is that A7X mentioned both parties to make it fair.  

A7X fans are a bunch of 10 year old kids who can't read  :laugh: J/K , but really...

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #238 on: December 17, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »

What bothers me is the way he said "this Spaniard" : I find that a little condescending.
On topic, I hope if MP wants to come back, they won't let him in, at least not now. Not after all they've said about how they are excited about the new drummer and all.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #239 on: December 17, 2010, 11:37:58 AM »
I always suspected that I was destined to one day cause an international incident with my use of language.

Regardless,  I tend to just assume that everybody here knows my writing style well enough to understand when I'm trying to be a dick and when I'm not.  For the noobs who don't know me, that was an instance when I was not.  Honestly, being one of the few people to stick up for him, I kind of thought that would be obvious.  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #240 on: December 17, 2010, 12:10:27 PM »
I always suspected that I was destined to one day cause an international incident with my use of language.

Classic^ EB!!

"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

Regardless,  I tend to just assume that everybody here knows my writing style well enough to understand when I'm trying to be a dick and when I'm not.  For the noobs who don't know me, that was an instance when I was not.  Honestly, being one of the few people to stick up for him, I kind of thought that would be obvious.  

Well, I'm not exactly a noob and I don't know your writing style, but whatever...Failed to see the irony.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #242 on: December 17, 2010, 12:26:59 PM »
Where's this press release that everyone is talking about?

Edit: Nevermind maybe I should look around the forum more...

Offline lord-ruler

• lord-ruler
« Reply #243 on: December 17, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »
Avanged Sevenfold have no class.  MP was there for them and they act as if he never existed.  "our session drummer has quit" is how they are acting about it.   MP sold a lot of tickets for them.

Offline TL

« Reply #244 on: December 17, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
Just saw the A7X press release. It really lacks class. I mean, I can actually see that being a valid reason for them to not continue on with him, but it's the kind of thing you keep private. You don't announce that kind of thing to the world; it just strikes me as immature.