Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 118948 times)

Offline zappafrank2112

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2021, 12:35:18 PM »
No liners for the re-released YtseJam stuff would be a big turnoff for me.  Having some good terlet material to peruse is always good, and why I like the OG releases that had them.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2021, 09:49:15 PM »
No liners for the re-released YtseJam stuff would be a big turnoff for me.  Having some good terlet material to peruse is always good, and why I like the OG releases that had them.

Portnoy always had interesting insights. It was odd though how some of the live albums had no liner notes. Nothing. Hey, here's a show we did in Tokyo in 1998 because whatever. Furthermore, that show didn't sound particularly great so I was really scratching my head why they bothered releasing it.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2021, 10:18:49 PM »

Portnoy always had interesting insights. It was odd though how some of the live albums had no liner notes. Nothing. Hey, here's a show we did in Tokyo in 1998 because whatever. Furthermore, that show didn't sound particularly great so I was really scratching my head why they bothered releasing it.

I thought the 1998 show they released was an LA show? Or do you mean the 1995 Tokyo show from the Awake Tour? That one is a bit questionable, but it's a great setlist.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2021, 10:31:03 PM »

I thought the 1998 show they released was an LA show? Or do you mean the 1995 Tokyo show from the Awake Tour? That one is a bit questionable, but it's a great setlist.

-Marc.

Yeah, I think it was 1995. The 98 show wasn't that great either but it had some special guests so I get that inclusion. Still would have been nice to have some liner notes explaining how that came to fruition.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2021, 06:01:17 AM »
The 1995 show was one from the short tour promoting the ACOS EP, with ACOS played live as a whole with Derek, some covers and Innocence Faded.
https://dreamtheater.club/discography/official-bootlegs/live-series/tokyojapan/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:10:27 AM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2021, 01:32:26 AM »
I was browsing through the iTunes store and I was surprised that they had a release this year called The Eternal Dance. It's a 1993 live show broadcast in Wisconsin? I am not familiar with their live discography.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2021, 04:12:23 AM »
I was browsing through the iTunes store and I was surprised that they had a release this year called The Eternal Dance. It's a 1993 live show broadcast in Wisconsin? I am not familiar with their live discography.

It’s a bootleg. A good one though.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2021, 08:21:31 PM »
I believe it's an FM broadcast.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2021, 07:13:03 AM »
Posted by Inside Out:
The 3rd installment of Dream Theater's 'Lost Not Forgotten Archives ‘Train of Thought Instrumental Demos’- is out today on CD and Digital and features instrumental studio demo tracks from the recording of the monumental 2003 album, Train of Thought. The black vinyl in Europe will be out on Sept. 17th. Unfortunately, due to continued delays with vinyl manufacturing, the vinyl release in the United States won't be available until March 4th, 2022 but orders will ship as soon as product becomes available.
https://dream-theater.lnk.to/LostNotForgottenArchives_TrainOfThoughtInstrumentalDemos

March 2022?! I feel sorry for those who wanted this on vinyl in the US. That's quite a delay!! Over six months!!

Well either way, this will be the first LNFA I'll be skipping, as well as the next one (MOP live). No announcement on what comes next for number 5, right?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2021, 10:26:58 AM »
No announcement on what comes next for number 5, right?

-Marc.

I might be wrong, but I think they'll skip October so that they don't have two releases that same month (along with AVFTTOTW).
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2021, 10:30:39 AM »
No announcement on what comes next for number 5, right?

-Marc.

I might be wrong, but I think they'll skip October so that they don't have two releases that same month (along with AVFTTOTW).

Ahhh, that would make sense. Also gives my wallet a rest as well. As much as I'd like actually-new releases (and not re-released YtseJam Records albums), I don't mind if they take their time so I can take the time to buy them.

-Marc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2021, 03:54:24 PM »
Is there anyone talented enough to put the Train Of Thought vocals over the Demo tracks?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Trav86

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2021, 04:03:36 PM »
I played “Train of Thought Karaoke” in the car.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2021, 04:08:50 PM »
I like the demos. The actual album versions are so sterile.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2021, 09:02:46 PM »
Is there anyone talented enough to put the Train Of Thought vocals over the Demo tracks?

If there is I'll give them half a dozen dollars.

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2021, 09:25:01 AM »

I'm working on it.

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2021, 02:29:33 PM »

Here is it, As I Am Instrumental Demo with Vocals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r489LxOCf68&ab_channel=MarceloNanjari

Note: I'll be uploading more of these in the next days.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2021, 03:35:42 PM »

This is awesome! Thank you.

Edit: Apparently I'm still figuring out how to use the quote function. Anyway, let me repeat, thank you!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 05:09:05 PM by Madman Shepherd »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »
That is awesome Marcelo! Thank you.

Looking forward to the others!!

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2021, 01:53:00 AM »
well done Marcelo, very talented obviously.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2021, 06:00:01 AM »
That is awesome Marcelo! Thank you.

Looking forward to the others!!
well done Marcelo, very talented obviously.

This is awesome! Thank you.

Edit: Apparently I'm still figuring out how to use the quote function. Anyway, let me repeat, thank you!

Thank you for your comments!
Here is "This Dying Soul".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du7UMIJwMIg&ab_channel=

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2021, 06:38:55 AM »
Great job, Marcelo! Really interesting to hear these demos with vocals. Something that is really incredibly amazing on these TOT demo versions is the BASS from Myung! :hefdaddy :metal
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2021, 08:43:33 AM »
Marcelo...so you can put the vocals on the demo versions, but can't use the DTF quote function?? :lol

Thank you for your comments!
Here is "This Dying Soul".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du7UMIJwMIg&ab_channel=

Now that's what I'm talking about! :metal :metal

:clap:

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2021, 12:43:37 PM »
Very cool Marcelo - thanks for doing this. Just out of curiosity, how did you get the vocal stems? I know that there are individual stems out there for all of IaW, Awake, FII, SFaM, 8v, BCaSL and a few tracks from the MM-era, but AFAIK, nothing from the other MP-era albums. Did you extract the vocals from the 2-track album versions?
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2021, 12:52:30 PM »
Very cool Marcelo - thanks for doing this. Just out of curiosity, how did you get the vocal stems? I know that there are individual stems out there for all of IaW, Awake, FII, SFaM, 8v, BCaSL and a few tracks from the MM-era, but AFAIK, nothing from the other MP-era albums. Did you extract the vocals from the 2-track album versions?

Thank you for your comments! As you say, I get the vocals stem by extracting them from the 2-track album version.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2021, 12:54:14 PM »

Thank you for your comments! As you say, I get the vocals stem by extracting them from the 2-track album version.
Very nicely done! Cool to see what can be extracted. I barely know my way around Audacity, but I'm curious to know what kind of software you used and what method(s) you used to do it (but please, in simple basic terms so that I can understand!  :biggrin:)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2021, 12:55:34 PM »
I'm already lost! :lol

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2021, 01:04:37 PM »

Very nicely done! Cool to see what can be extracted. I barely know my way around Audacity, but I'm curious to know what kind of software you used and what method(s) you used to do it (but please, in simple basic terms so that I can understand!  :biggrin:)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 01:14:00 PM by MarceloMalulo »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2021, 09:45:04 PM »
Just spinning the Dramatic Tour of Events set in the car today and man, what a wicked release.  Sound is on point and James sounds quite incredible.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2021, 07:35:42 AM »
really looking forward to the Master of Puppets release. Pre-ordered the vinyl and doing my best not to hear it before the release package is delivered. But I am so curious to hear how Orion would sound, when it's done by Myung. And Sanitarium / Welcome Home, can't wait, honestly.

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2021, 12:32:09 AM »
while the vinyl will be delivered soon, I listen to the Master of Puppets-tribute via iTunes. Man I’m glad they included it on the Last Not Forgotten Archives. Hope the tribute to Pink Floyd will be rereleased as well…

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2021, 01:54:48 AM »
I know it's a bootleg, but this MoP concert sounds really... muffled? I dunno. James kind of sounds like he's singing with a pillow between him and the mic, but maybe the original YtseJam release sounded like this too. I only ever listened to this once probably a decade back.

I'm sure they'll do the Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden ones as well. I noticed the labels (stamps?) in the middle of each of these Lost Not Forgotten releases seems to be color-coded. The first two have a red stamp that says Live at the bottom, Train of Thought Demos has a blue one that says Demo, and this Master of Puppets release has a green one that says Covers, so I assume we'll get more of all three categories since they're making different stamps for them.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2021, 03:27:21 AM »
I am really happy that they are making all these available on Spotify. Such a treat for all of us fans on the other side of the globe with limited budgets.

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2021, 03:57:26 AM »
DEMO SERIES
The Majesty Demos 1985-1986
When Dream and Day Unite Demos 1987-1989
Images and Words Demos 1989-1991
Awake Demos 1994
Falling Into Infinity Demos 1996-1997
Train of Though Instrumental Demos 2003

STUDIO SERIES
The Making of Falling Into Infinity
The Making of Scenes From a Memory

LIVE SERIES
New York City 3/4/93
Tokyo, Japan 10/28/95
Old Bridge, New Jersey 12/14/96
Los Angeles, California 5/18/98
Romania, Bucharest 7/4/02 (DVD only)
When Dream and Day Reunite
Santiago, Chile 12/6/05 (DVD only)

COVER SERIES
Master of Puppets
The Number of the Beast
The Dark Side of the Moon
Made in Japan
Uncovered 2003-2005

LTE SERIES
Live in NYC
When the Keyboard Breaks: Live in Chicago
Live in LA
LTE Live 2008 (Box Set)

Was there ever a unofficial bootleg of the Twelve Step Suite? Can't see him above so I figure out, it's not. However, that would be one of my most valuable pieces, if they put the Suite on a LNF Archive.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2021, 06:28:20 AM »
Was there ever a unofficial bootleg of the Twelve Step Suite?
No, and I'm not sure why there would be, since they never played the whole thing live.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.