Author Topic: London Bridge is not down now  (Read 5776 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
London Bridge is not down now
« on: February 22, 2022, 07:00:15 PM »
Rumours abound that the Queen has bought it. If not already .... time is probably short.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 06:06:42 AM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: London Bridge has fallen
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 07:01:02 PM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 07:10:16 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 07:05:15 PM »
Google search has come up with nothing.

Though saying a 96 year old might have died after contracting covid shouldn't be too shocking.

I'll wait till The Ottawa Times, or something official like it, confirms it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 08:19:45 PM »
Apparently there’s a whole massive global protocol that has to be followed, so whenever it does happen, it’ll take hours for any official announcement reaches the peasants.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 08:38:15 PM »
You got an inside source at the Palace?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 08:39:25 PM »
You got an inside source at the Palace?

Jingle Boy is actually his royal title.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 08:54:11 PM »
If this is true (the story, not him being royal, though that would qualify...), my respect for him ratchets up a few notches. I remember this forum being the place where I first read Kobe Bryant died, and that was before many news outlets were reporting it. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2022, 08:56:04 PM »
The Duke of Chad.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 01:40:11 AM »
I refuse to believe the Queen won't live until 100.

Also, some source?

Also II, she can't die now, the world's attention is on the Ukraine war, she has to die when nothing else major is happening, she has to be center of the attention one last time, she doesn't deserve to go out like Mother Teresa, outshadowed by Princess Diana's death.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 04:36:35 AM »
Also, some source?

I dunno... some shit jingle.daughter was following.  She's more aware/interested in Royal/Monarchy stuff.  I have zero fuck's to give.  I just thought the official "code" to inform world leaders of her death (the thread title) was kinda cool.  Apparently Operation London Bridge has been in place since the 60s.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 04:39:37 AM »
If this is true (the story, not him being royal, though that would qualify...), my respect for him ratchets up a few notches. I remember this forum being the place where I first read Kobe Bryant died, and that was before many news outlets were reporting it.

Hey... tell a rumour / start a lie, and in today's society, it doesn't even need to be a true fact to be believed.  Maybe I can start a global movement! 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: London Bridge is down
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 04:43:27 AM »
The Duke of Zero Fucks.

Tim, that rings so much better.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2022, 05:53:10 AM »
I'm the Marquis of Meh! We Townsend's all have royal titles...somewhere.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2022, 05:54:09 AM »
Apparently this was reported on Hollywood Unlocked - it's their second story, behind the headline of a Kanye West livestream, which should tell you all you need to know about its veracity. 

You in the US may not care, but for us in the UK it means our entire country will shut down for about a month's mourning. The TV will effectively shut down for a fortnight, and I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to shut the internet off too.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2022, 06:23:37 AM »
Just read a statement from the guy that runs Hollywood Unlocked that he is standing by his story.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2022, 06:24:04 AM »
Apparently this was reported on Hollywood Unlocked - it's their second story, behind the headline of a Kanye West livestream, which should tell you all you need to know about its veracity. 

HAHA ... well, there you go.  The only good thing is, I'll be remembered at DTF as breaking the ... "news" (even if it is days/weeks/months/years early). :lol

Maybe I should set an over/under on how many days until it actually happens?  Let's start at say, 300.  I'll take the under.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2022, 06:24:39 AM »
Just read a statement from the guy that runs Hollywood Unlocked that he is standing by his story.

Hey, you never know.  I mean, TMZ broke Kobe Bryant's death.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2022, 06:28:16 AM »

HAHA ... well, there you go.  The only good thing is, I'll be remembered at DTF as breaking the ... "news" (even if it is days/weeks/months/years early). :lol

Maybe I should set an over/under on how many days until it actually happens?  Let's start at say, 300.  I'll take the under.

You're like that kid* in the back seat of the car at a red light.  "And green... NOW!................NOW!................and GREEN!..........NOW!" and when it finally turns green, "Yeah, I'm a little psychic!". 

(*Which is, of course, to say "ME".  :)  :) :) :) :))

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2022, 06:57:41 AM »
The courage of his convictions!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2022, 09:07:39 PM »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2022, 09:45:17 PM »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2022, 10:02:56 PM »
"Don't you people have homes?!"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2022, 08:00:19 AM »

Greatest comedic performance ever

Perhaps, but I consider this one of the most overrated movies ever. Just give me the scenes with Rodney and Ted Knight.

Bill Murray...not funny
Chevy Chase..even less not funny

Offline jammindude

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2022, 09:06:11 AM »
Someone is NOT “being the ball”  :angel:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 09:47:35 AM »
I consider Caddyshack more whimsical than traditional comedy. It has a few belly laughs, but is more the type of movie where the smile never leaves your face.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2022, 10:02:52 AM »
I consider Caddyshack more whimsical than traditional comedy. It has a few belly laughs, but is more the type of movie where the smile never leaves your face.

Some movies have an extreme level of “quotability” and Caddyshack is one of them. Airplane, Office Space, Napoleon Dynamite, Anchorman…etc etc

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2022, 07:06:27 AM »
My older brother is definitely in the "Bill Murray is not funny in Caddyshack" group, but he still loves the film, largely because of Ted Knight and Rodney Dangerfield.  I have seen that flick so many times that I can almost recite it line for line in my head every time I still watch it.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2022, 07:26:18 AM »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2022, 03:21:31 PM »

Some movies have an extreme level of “quotability” and Caddyshack is one of them. Airplane, Office Space, Napoleon Dynamite, Anchorman…etc etc

I actually saw Office Space and thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I saw Anchorman too, but couldn't give you one quote from it.
I have no idea what Napoleon Dynamite is.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2022, 05:29:55 PM »

I actually saw Office Space and thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I saw Anchorman too, but couldn't give you one quote from it.

Tim, let’s face it, you’re not exactly the barometer for these kinds of things.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2022, 05:40:04 PM »
 :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2022, 06:00:27 PM »

I saw Caddyshack WAY back when.  Not sure I've ever seen it again.  I thought Anchorman sucked.  I think I saw Airplane about a decade after the fact.  By the time I saw it, it was already cringy.  Office Space is ok.  Never seen Napoleon Dynamite and know virtually nothing about it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2022, 06:01:53 PM »
I'm cool with Airplane.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2022, 06:06:23 PM »
Guys, it is Airplane! I love this movie. Desert Island for the rest of my life, with one comedy to take with me, it might be this one.

I love Office Space, but I appreciate Mike Judge's humor and have worked in offices like that.