Poll

Vote for the song you'd like to eliminate!

Regalis Apertura
9 (100%)
Forever
0 (0%)
Wings of Despair
0 (0%)
The Spell
0 (0%)
Don't You Cry
0 (0%)
The Light I Shine On You
0 (0%)
Temples of Gold
0 (0%)
Across the Highlands
0 (0%)
Elizabeth
0 (0%)
Once And Future King
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 26, 2016, 05:11:21 AM

Author Topic: Kamelot Survivor - Karma - Round 1  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Kamelot Survivor - Karma - Round 1
« on: February 24, 2016, 05:11:21 AM »

Karma (2001)

Eliminated:

The next Survivor is for Karma, another highly-regarded Kamelot album with loads of great songs. Elizabeth is considered one song here, and the poll also features the Japanese bonus track.

You have 48 hours to vote. If you have any questions, please check out the main thread in my signature; if you didn't find an answer, go ahead and ask it here.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Kamelot Survivor - Karma - Round 1
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 05:11:43 AM »
Fantastic album, this one. I'm going with the intro.

Regalis Apertura

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 06:34:07 AM »
When I first heard this in 2002, it was my favorite Kamelot album.  It still is to this day!

Regalis Apertura

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
Kill the intro, just because it is the intro

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 11:33:33 AM »
I love this album. It''s probably tied with The Fourth Legacy as my favorite Kamelot album.

With that said I voted for Elizabeth.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 11:40:19 AM »
I love this album. It''s probably tied with The Fourth Legacy as my favorite Kamelot album.

First off, you didn't.

Second, uhm... what? Out of all songs you want to vote for Elizabeth?

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 11:43:08 AM »

First off, you didn't.

Second, uhm... what? Out of all songs you want to vote for Elizabeth?

Got a problem with that? :neverusethis:

That was my attempt at a lame joke. Just to see the reactions.

I truly voted for Regalis Apertura.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 11:55:14 AM »
I had a creeping thought it was a joke, but I've met some people here with truly (in my opinion) ridiculous tastes, so yep, I took you seriously.

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 12:05:18 PM »
I see.  :lol

What I like about this survivor is that while I'd consider Kamelot one of my favorite band, I have no idea what are their ''hits'' or the songs that most people dislike. So now I can at least get a general idea.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 12:13:11 PM »

What I like about this survivor is that while I'd consider Kamelot one of my favorite band, I have no idea what are their ''hits'' or the songs that most people dislike. So now I can at least get a general idea.

I'm with you. I thought that The Fourth Legacy was a quintessential Kamelot song, loved and revered like Forever and Center of the Universe. Who would have known that Lunar Sanctum is viewed as a better song, at least in this corner of the internets. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 12:16:11 PM »

I'm with you. I thought that The Fourth Legacy was a quintessential Kamelot song, loved and revered like Forever and Center of the Universe. Who would have known that Lunar Sanctum is viewed as a better song, at least in this corner of the internets.

I think you nailed it, this corner of the internets.  This forum doesn't always goes with what is considered to be the best by many of the typical fan standards because this forum has a lot more "prog" fans than "metal" or more so "power metal" fans.  So I've seen this come up on many of the survivors where what the general fanbase considers the most popular song isn't what wins the survivor on these forums.  Lunar Sanctum is definitely an example of that, and I know it's my favorite from the album so I'm not complaining, but I think it's totally related to this forum.

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 12:26:30 PM »

Actually I would have never thought Lunar Sanctum was such a divisive song. I thought it would have made it to the upper echelons, which it did, but it's been up to elimination quite a few times.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 12:27:15 PM »
Karma is a wonderful album, one of the best of the genre. Voting Regalis Apertura out will be the only easy thing about this.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 12:49:33 PM »
Karma is a wonderful album, one of the best of the genre. Voting Regalis Apertura out will be the only easy thing about this.

Voting off Once And Future King next will be easy because it's not on my copy of the album.
Voting off Don't You Cry after that will be easy for me because I'm not in love with Kamelot's ballads in general.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »

Voting off Once And Future King next will be easy because it's not on my copy of the album.
Voting off Don't You Cry after that will be easy for me because I'm not in love with Kamelot's ballads in general.

Im good with the b-side, I dont find that song very good, but Dont You Cry is great.  And I love the ballads by Kamelot so there's that.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »
I love some Kamelot ballads. They wrote some of my favourite ballads from all the bands, namely Abandoned, Song of Jolee and A Sailorman's Hymn.

Don't You Cry will be one of my first choices though, this ballad just isn't really good.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 07:19:44 PM »
Not a huge fan of this album outside of a few amazing songs. Production doesn't help either. The first bunch of rounds won't be easy for me since I probably don't care for most of them equally.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 09:51:52 PM »
The obvious intro.

The terrible Don't You Cry is next.

To be honest, I don't find this a very strong album when compared to the 3 around it.  It's solid, but not to standard of the other 3.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.