Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 697206 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #4970 on: May 19, 2021, 02:29:40 AM »
There's an excellent single edit out there which was well done of TAATG.

Since this has become the Iron Maiden thread, I'll just say that the only problem of The Angel and the Gambler is the unnecessary length and repetition. If you trim it down to five minutes, you have a fun and concise rock n' roll song with retro influences and those addictive keyboard hits at the beginning. Masterpiece? hell no, but it's not the atrocious abomination that many fans make it out to be. Cut it down in half and it's a perfectly acceptable easy listening song.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4971 on: May 19, 2021, 07:03:45 AM »

VXI is like Chinese water torture.

At first, you think “This isn’t so bad. I don’t see what all the fuss is about.” But then time begins to loose all meaning. Minutes turn to hours and then weeks....and then it happens.

....after the 48th repeat of Don’t Look to the Eyes of a Stranger, something snaps in your mind and you hear someone sobbing only to realize that someone is you. Reality starts to come undone and you’re no longer certain of your own sanity. You start squeezing your own testicles as hard as you can in an effort to keep some grasp on what’s real...and the pain brings a new sense of clarity...along with the growing dread that if this doesn’t end soon, even that pain won’t be enough...

The worst thing is that "Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger" is completely unnecessary advice.  I have it on good authority that people always turn away from the eyes of a stranger.  They don't need to be told.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4972 on: May 19, 2021, 07:05:26 AM »
While Eyes of a Stranger is not my favorite Mindcrime song, it's a damn great tune perfectly fitting the theme of the album and a great closer.

(The comeback to QR from the detour was so good and elegant, that I didn't want to let it go to waste, so I left a random QR-related comment).
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4973 on: May 19, 2021, 07:45:23 AM »
I see the vocals as more of an instrument in that section, adding to the dynamics rather than forcing itself to the forefront with lyrical prowess. In that context, I don't see it much differently than a repeated guitar riff, which I don't think would garner the same kind of controversy if that were used in its place.

It's the same with the buildup of The Angel & The Gambler. It's just used as another instrument to build dynamic, so it's fine. The part where it does the call & response with the guitar licks towards the end is much worse, because that one isn't building up to anything so its ending isn't as clearly in sight. But then again, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I agree with this 100%.  For me, TA&TG has to be the full length version.   I dig that song a lot.

(Also, one of my local stations uses the intro as the background music to one of their commercials for the nightly news program!)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4974 on: May 19, 2021, 07:49:02 AM »

At first, you think “This isn’t so bad. I don’t see what all the fuss is about.” But then time begins to loose all meaning. Minutes turn to hours and then weeks....and then it happens.

....after the 48th repeat of Don’t Look to the Eyes of a Stranger, something snaps in your mind and you hear someone sobbing only to realize that someone is you. Reality starts to come undone and you’re no longer certain of your own sanity. You start squeezing your own testicles as hard as you can in an effort to keep some grasp on what’s real...and the pain brings a new sense of clarity...along with the growing dread that if this doesn’t end soon, even that pain won’t be enough...

The worst thing is that "Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger" is completely unnecessary advice.  I have it on good authority that people always turn away from the eyes of a stranger.  They don't need to be told.

And of course, Ronnie Dio reminded us of this all the way back in '83.  Everyone knows that strangers are only there to do you harm.   Hell, even RICK SPRINGFIELD knows this. 

:)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #4975 on: May 19, 2021, 08:02:06 AM »

And of course, Ronnie Dio reminded us of this all the way back in '83.  Everyone knows that strangers are only there to do you harm.   Hell, even RICK SPRINGFIELD knows this. 

:)

AC/DC warned us as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckk_-Si0bvQ

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4976 on: May 19, 2021, 08:04:30 AM »
Oh the things you learn from AC/DC listening party thread!!!

/shameless plug

:angel:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4977 on: May 19, 2021, 09:01:48 PM »
All of the recent drama involving Scott prompted me to look up some videos of Casey Grillo. Holy shit. This one absolutely blew my mind -- what a performance!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=si8_M1bgO4g
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #4978 on: May 20, 2021, 02:28:53 AM »
Don't Look To is no worse than Brave New World or Dream of Mirrors.  I know they were leftovers anyway but as said, if Bruce sung the song, I don't think it would be looked down on as much.

Dream of Mirrors is nowhere near as bad as the stuff on VXI.  There is some repetition yes but it’s not just the same line repeated over and over.  It’s never bothered me at all.  Brave New World is not the best though, I agree.  The BNW album as a whole though is a top 5 Iron Maiden album for me, maybe even higher. Virtual XI is bottom 5, maybe lower as I don’t know the pre-Dickinson albums very well.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #4979 on: May 23, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »
I never got into any QR stuff after Promised Land, and have only sampled a few things since then, enough to know I wasn’t interested. Then the Tate stuff happened and now this just makes me very happy to not have invested much in this band beyond Mindcrime, Empire, and Promised Land.

I stopped at Mindcrime I and II at the Moore, but I probably shouldn't have gotten that far. Changed my tune a bit on Hear and The Now Frontier. Like the Take Cover album and most of American Soldier which surprised me because I was close to pulling the cord before then.
Have you ever heard any of the Todd-era music? If you haven't, I think you'd be selling yourself short! Far better than anything they have done post-PL.

Not a lot. What I've heard, and it was a long time ago, didn't really thrill me. At least until American Soildier (which the exception of Mindcrime II) they seemed to be moving forward or maybe even sideways. What little I heard with Todd just seems kind of regressive to me. Maybe that's a minority viewpoint, maybe it isn't. Haven't followed Queensryche that closely for quite a long time to really know. I'd just rather focus on the music I enjoy and not spend much time on music that I don't. Most of the passion I had for this band left when Chris did. Don't blame anyone for it. Wasn't happy about it at the time.  Just moved on is all.

Started getting fed up with the band politics when Chris left so I'm sure that figures in to it. Some bands I can just enjoy the music and not care about the behind the scenes stuff and some bands I can't. Depends on the band I guess.

Extremely disappointed about both the Empire and Mindcrime editions, and whatever the sound clip is on Scott Rock's QR site.

Empire and Mindcrime remastered...again. Cool. Bonus tracks, same stuff as usual. Just sort of repackaged around. The only thing that catches my eye is, on Mindcrime, Live in Wisconsin...is that LIVEcrime? I assume so. But so much of all this stuff on both records is available everywhere, and has been available everywhere.

Cool for fans who may not have gotten any of that stuff, but for hardcores, who I would expect these are aimed at, there's nothing "collectable" here except more commentary from Tate.

Pass. Sadly.

You're right. Sounds like LIVEcrime to me but I suppose it would be nice to have an alternate show if that is still available

I never upgraded from video so the London show for me is the only think that will be new for me. I like that they are remastered at Abbey Road so maybe that will be an improvement and I can ditch my other copies. It will be nice to have everything in one place, but that's the only attraction I can see so I'm a reluctant yes.

Likely this will be my last Queensryche purchases ever.
Considering that everything else just seems to be a rehash of what's already available except newly remastered (oh yay - again?  ::)) I doubt that the live O:M from Wisconsin is anything but LIVEcrime. Can't see/understand why you'd think either of these box sets is worth purchasing if you already have everything, which I believe you do.

I do have it, but I never upgraded from video. I still don't have any digital copies of any video. Never bothered.
Also I'm curious to hear what the Abbey Road remasters sound like. But yeah, I'm not as enthusiastic as I should be about this. Your're right. Nothing I haven't seen before.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4980 on: May 25, 2021, 07:22:24 PM »
I guess QR just played a show this week or last weekend and Parker was not with them. They had that Mike Stone guy in his place. Now people are wondering what is going on there.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4981 on: May 25, 2021, 07:29:54 PM »

I guess QR just played a show this week or last weekend and Parker was not with them. They had that Mike Stone guy in his place. Now people are wondering what is going on there.

I saw a Facebook post from either Todd or the Queensryche page at the time, that sounded like Parker was temporarily unavailable.  But, now I can't find the post

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4982 on: May 25, 2021, 07:48:31 PM »

I saw a Facebook post from either Todd or the Queensryche page at the time, that sounded like Parker was temporarily unavailable.  But, now I can't find the post

IIRC this also happened a few years ago when Parker was unavailable, nothing new here.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #4984 on: May 25, 2021, 09:03:19 PM »
I see their previous guitarist Mike Stone filling in for Parker......for reasons unknown. I hope Parker just couldn't make it as I enjoyed the songs he has writing credits on since the Tate split.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline T-ski

« Reply #4985 on: May 26, 2021, 07:56:21 AM »
Giggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmivgsnXaTQ

Guessing less than 50 people there, seems like a sound check or rehearsal.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Setzer

• Queensrÿche Aficionado
« Reply #4986 on: May 26, 2021, 08:42:15 AM »
Mike Stone has previously filled in for Parker when he was unavailable for a couple of shows. Nothing new. No drama. Move along :police:

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4987 on: May 26, 2021, 09:23:49 AM »
Mike Stone has previously filled in for Parker when he was unavailable for a couple of shows. Nothing new. No drama. Move along :police:

This band is just not QR period IMO... that was awful, why wouldnt Parker be there? what could he be doing that is more important?
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Setzer

• Queensrÿche Aficionado
« Reply #4988 on: May 26, 2021, 09:41:14 AM »

This band is just not QR period IMO... that was awful, why wouldnt Parker be there? what could he be doing that is more important?
We all know how much you dislike the band in its current form. It's getting old.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4989 on: May 26, 2021, 10:05:14 AM »

We all know how much you dislike the band in its current form. It's getting old.

am I to be bullied into thinking that was "good" or it makes sense that Parker couldnt make it?  what else could he be doing?  has nothing to do with anything but the fun of the drama.. am I to wax that that was "good"?  Im more excited to see what Scottyryche will be , to me Toddsryche is old news and not that good, I didnt enjoy Caseys drumming at all ..thats simply my opinion but its great to discuss as.  whats getting old is IMO how mailing it in it sounded again.,and whats the "current form"?? it appears to be ever changing between Casey, no Scott. Stone, no Parker, and Todd doing the drums in the studio etc.  when did it become normal for Stone to sub for Parker? news to me that that is "normal"    LOL and what is normal with this band period LOL 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 10:11:39 AM by EPICVIEW »

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4990 on: May 26, 2021, 10:10:16 AM »

am I to be bullied into thinking that was "good" or it makes sense that Parker couldnt make it?  what else could he be doing?  has nothing to do with anything but the fun of the drama.. am I to wax that that was "good"?

It's really none of your business what he is doing.  And since you don't like this version of the band (as you've told us ad nauseum), why do you even care?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4991 on: May 26, 2021, 10:13:17 AM »

am I to be bullied into thinking that was "good" or it makes sense that Parker couldnt make it?  what else could he be doing?  has nothing to do with anything but the fun of the drama.. am I to wax that that was "good"?

It's really none of your business what he is doing.  And since you don't like this version of the band (as you've told us ad nauseum), why do you even care?

True its none of my business lol  but isnt it interesting?  Im interested , lots going on around this band

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4992 on: May 26, 2021, 10:29:33 AM »
am I to be bullied into thinking that was "good" or it makes sense that Parker couldnt make it? 

It isn't about "bullying."  You are free to like or dislike whatever you choose.  But saying this is "not Queensryche" is getting old.  And since it is factually incorrect, what it boils down to is that you are intentionally spreading misleading information.  And that is a problem.

Like I said, feel free to like what you like, and to say how you feel.  But when you state opinion as fact, it is a problem, and one you are likely to be called out on.

As for your points about it being good and about Parker:

-Thinking that was "good":  Yeah, that was MORE than good.  You can dislike it if you want, but that says more about you than the band.

-Parker:  As stated above, whatever Parker has going on, that isn't really our business if he hasn't said.  But this is not new.  And I suspect it may be something as simple as him not being able to take time off work, which has also happened in the past.  When your main source of income is a band that isn't able to earn income, you find other ways to earn income.  And if those two income sources come into conflict, it isn't a stretch to assume one is going to favor the one that provides the most or steadiest income.  Again, none of this would be a new thing with Parker, and none of it would be unique to Parker (or to this band). 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline robbob

« Reply #4993 on: May 26, 2021, 10:46:39 AM »

Queensryche have got to be the weirdest band out there when it comes to the dynamics of band members.
It almost points to "it's just a job" Just my opinion and thought. Though i do like most of their new stuff with Todd.

It's odd how they couldn't get a different replacement for Parker. Let's find the guy that played with us during our worst years, Can't find anyone else ?? Wonder what conversations they have with Stone ? Hey, I really like the work you did with Tate and Slater on OM2, man that's got to be one of our worst albums, lol (Excluding the last one with Tate)

The whole Scott thing, obviously the Tate drama. It's almost at the point of, just hang it up. But, it's must be profitable to some point.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4994 on: May 26, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »
am I to be bullied into thinking that was "good" or it makes sense that Parker couldnt make it? 

It isn't about "bullying."  You are free to like or dislike whatever you choose.  But saying this is "not Queensryche" is getting old.  And since it is factually incorrect, what it boils down to is that you are intentionally spreading misleading information.  And that is a problem.

Like I said, feel free to like what you like, and to say how you feel.  But when you state opinion as fact, it is a problem, and one you are likely to be called out on.

As for your points about it being good and about Parker:

-Thinking that was "good":  Yeah, that was MORE than good.  You can dislike it if you want, but that says more about you than the band.

-Parker:  As stated above, whatever Parker has going on, that isn't really our business if he hasn't said.  But this is not new.  And I suspect it may be something as simple as him not being able to take time off work, which has also happened in the past.  When your main source of income is a band that isn't able to earn income, you find other ways to earn income.  And if those two income sources come into conflict, it isn't a stretch to assume one is going to favor the one that provides the most or steadiest income.  Again, none of this would be a new thing with Parker, and none of it would be unique to Parker (or to this band).

Boss I said " this is not QR IMO"  again my opinion not as a fact.   I dont think Tate is QR nor will I think Scottyryche is QR,.    QR to me IMO  is done and gone and the name should be retired IMO.  all my opinion.  There are few facts left with this band.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4995 on: May 26, 2021, 10:51:44 AM »
Then you need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.  "This is not QR" is a statement of fact, no matter how many "I think," "IMO," or whatever other tags you want to put on it.  Whether or not it is QR isn't a matter of opinion.  It is or it isn't, and that isn't up for debate.  On the other hand, whether it "feels" like QR to you is a statement of opinion.  If it doesn't feel like QR to you, that's cool.  But that isn't what you said.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4996 on: May 26, 2021, 10:53:07 AM »

Queensryche have got to be the weirdest band out there when it comes to the dynamics of band members.
It almost points to "it's just a job" Just my opinion and thought. Though i do like most of their new stuff with Todd.

It's odd how they couldn't get a different replacement for Parker. Let's find the guy that played with us during our worst years, Can't find anyone else ?? Wonder what conversations they have with Stone ? Hey, I really like the work you did with Tate and Slater on OM2, man that's got to be one of our worst albums, lol (Excluding the last one with Tate)

The whole Scott thing, obviously the Tate drama. It's almost at the point of, just hang it up. But, it's must be profitable to some point.

I agree and thats my point   its all just wild drama and not making a whole lot of sense, but its all very interesting.  Now Scott is saying he is QR and his band will be QR,   is that a fact or an opinion of Scotts? who knows.  why would they have dates booked and or book dates that Parker now cant attend? did they know that when they booked the date?  IDK but its interesting and I agree on Stone who was ripped on for his sloppy playing when in QR with Tate etc

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4997 on: May 26, 2021, 10:55:04 AM »
Then you need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.  "This is not QR" is a statement of fact, no matter how many "I think," "IMO," or whatever other tags you want to put on it.  Whether or not it is QR isn't a matter of opinion.  It is or it isn't, and that isn't up for debate.  On the other hand, whether it "feels" like QR to you is a statement of opinion.  If it doesn't feel like QR to you, that's cool.  But that isn't what you said.

Sorry Boss I will try to clean that up in the future, my bad....I thought everyone knows its an opinion as the question is "who or what is QR lately"  My apologies

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4998 on: May 26, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »

Do you know Iced Earth?

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4999 on: May 26, 2021, 01:06:33 PM »

More like "let's call the guy that already knows most of the setlist." 

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #5000 on: May 26, 2021, 01:36:13 PM »
am I to be bullied into thinking that was "good"
I'll be the first to say that the performance definitely seemed to be a bit phoned in - especially by Eddie and Michael. Michael only seemed to come alive during the solo, and Eddie only when the song ended, altho admittedly the camera wasn't on him for much of the time. But given that this is the first show they're playing in some time, you'd think they'd put more into the performance. At least Stone did, and from little I could see, so did Casey and to a lesser degree Todd. That said, I don't understand the issues you have with Todd as a front man. While I wouldn't want him to walk around all gloomy and "metal" like I remember seeing the "Metal God" do when he fronted his self-named band opening for QR and Maiden, I don't want some overly dramatic fake BS either, which I witnessed numerous times with Tater during the later years that I saw him front QR. At least Todd's the real deal. I'll take that over Tater's acting any day of the week.

Actually, I think it makes perfect sense that they asked him to do the gig. While he's far from my favorite QR guitarist, at least he's already familiar with the material, unlike many others. Not only that, but they know the kind of guy that he is, since he was in the band for 6 years. Plus, he's filled in for Parker in the past. On top of that, let's remember that it was Tater and his wife that canned Stone - the other guys had nothing to do with it, just so they could get their future son-in-law the gig in the band. So when it became evident that Parker couldn't do the gig, it made perfect sense to see if Stone would do so - far more so than Kelly Gray (who's still Tater's buddy) and CDG who wouldn't be interested in returning (plus he'd have to relearn all the material that he hasn't played for 23 years).

I dont think Tate is QR nor will I think Scottyryche is QR,.    QR to me IMO  is done and gone and the name should be retired IMO.  all my opinion.  There are few facts left with this band.
No. The way you tout Tater as being the second coming, you do believe that Tater is QR. That is a fact.   ::)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5001 on: May 26, 2021, 01:56:48 PM »
am I to be bullied into thinking that was "good"
I'll be the first to say that the performance definitely seemed to be a bit phoned in - especially by Eddie and Michael. Michael only seemed to come alive during the solo, and Eddie only when the song ended, altho admittedly the camera wasn't on him for much of the time. But given that this is the first show they're playing in some time, you'd think they'd put more into the performance. At least Stone did, and from little I could see, so did Casey and to a lesser degree Todd. That said, I don't understand the issues you have with Todd as a front man. While I wouldn't want him to walk around all gloomy and "metal" like I remember seeing the "Metal God" do when he fronted his self-named band opening for QR and Maiden, I don't want some overly dramatic fake BS either, which I witnessed numerous times with Tater during the later years that I saw him front QR. At least Todd's the real deal. I'll take that over Tater's acting any day of the week.

Actually, I think it makes perfect sense that they asked him to do the gig. While he's far from my favorite QR guitarist, at least he's already familiar with the material, unlike many others. Not only that, but they know the kind of guy that he is, since he was in the band for 6 years. Plus, he's filled in for Parker in the past. On top of that, let's remember that it was Tater and his wife that canned Stone - the other guys had nothing to do with it, just so they could get their future son-in-law the gig in the band. So when it became evident that Parker couldn't do the gig, it made perfect sense to see if Stone would do so - far more so than Kelly Gray (who's still Tater's buddy) and CDG who wouldn't be interested in returning (plus he'd have to relearn all the material that he hasn't played for 23 years).

I dont think Tate is QR nor will I think Scottyryche is QR,.    QR to me IMO  is done and gone and the name should be retired IMO.  all my opinion.  There are few facts left with this band.
No. The way you tout Tater as being the second coming, you do believe that Tater is QR. That is a fact.   ::)

Hi SS,
Youre right on some issues for sure..   I cant stand Todd as a frontman,  its just so bad to watch , cringy IMO, I hear ya that hes not over acting like Tate may but he simply has no stage craft at all,  His voice is not great so to me there is nothing live to enjoy ,,,again as always my opinion.  as far as Tate , with the band name QR being as diluted as pool water and Tates stage craft and voice being to me again my opinion the most hallmark sound of what I will call the Old Real QR back when it existed long ago Tate is really all that is left, he wins by default in many ways most modest casual non caring fans really only know him and his voice as QR   again my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 02:20:49 PM by EPICVIEW »

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5002 on: May 26, 2021, 01:58:03 PM »
So I went and looked up a live video for Empire as I wanted to see how they did the middle build-up Geoff Tate spoken word section. I found this embarrassing video.

https://youtu.be/B6WdaiTUB6Q

You can hear Tate coming in with the phoned in vocals, and his manner-isms. Then goes, on to say "They say live music is dead".  :lol

I do not know why the current Queensryche doesn't do this build-up section and let LaTorre do some crowd interaction, and do basically what Tate does and pump the crowd. That is my only flaw with the current line-up of the band.

That video was what the band was before the break-up. And actually, makes Queensyrche and Geoff Tate come off better now. Hey, At least it's not that anymore.  :rollin
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5003 on: May 26, 2021, 02:13:40 PM »
So I went and looked up a live video for Empire as I wanted to see how they did the middle build-up Geoff Tate spoken word section. I found this embarrassing video.

You can hear Tate coming in with the phoned in vocals, and his manner-isms. Then goes, on to say "They say live music is dead".  :lol

I do not know why the current Queensryche doesn't do this build-up section and let LaTorre do some crowd interaction, and do basically what Tate does and pump the crowd. That is my only flaw with the current line-up of the band.

That video was what the band was before the break-up. And actually, makes Queensyrche and Geoff Tate come off better now. Hey, At least it's not that anymore.  :rollin

Its a fun discussion as we all seem to have passion on QR and all the drama and camps involved. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5004 on: May 26, 2021, 02:18:50 PM »

Ah, yes...  The tired stage banter.  The overdramatization.  The lip synching.  The inability to stay in tune.  Talk about cringe.  SO glad those days are over.