Author Topic: NEW ALBUM by JORDAN RUDESS & STEVE HORELICK: INTERSONIC  (Read 2176 times)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

NEW ALBUM by JORDAN RUDESS & STEVE HORELICK: INTERSONIC
« on: October 29, 2017, 07:41:12 PM »
Just got this in the mail from Lazy Bones records yesterday:

"The New CD, INTERSONIC, features JORDAN RUDESS of DREAM THEATER and synth-whiz STEVE HORELICK.

The beautiful and haunting album features 11 tracks + a download card which includes 3 bonus tracks exclusive to the CD.  Plus, the first 1,000 CD’s will be AUTOGRAPHED by Jordan and Steve!  This would make a great holiday gift!

This album, in the genre of Electronic / Ambient, is different than our usual Prog Rock releases.  It showcases Jordan on piano and the funky GeoShred, surrounded by twisted syth textures applied by Steve.  Incredibly cool stuff!"

It´s completely different from the type of music I´m used to, but an interesting release nonetheless...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NEW ALBUM by JORDAN RUDESS & STEVE HORELICK: INTERSONIC
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »
Horelick?? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 07:58:06 PM »

I didn´t notice until now!!  :D ;D

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 09:21:12 PM »
Apparently, Steven Wilson loved they album. Jordan posted a video with a quote from SW saying how good it was  :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 05:32:12 AM »

Tim, you naughty boy!!!  :biggrin:
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline the keyboard wizard

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 06:11:05 AM »
I'm going to interview Jordan via email next week so if you have specific questions to ask, you can write them here.
To prepare the interview, the almighty Scott Schorr gave me an early access to the album. Be prepared, it's really really different from the Jordan Rudess we know. It's ambient, a lot of soundscaping and it reminds me a bit of the works from Jean Michel Jarre and what Jordan did with Richard Lainhart (A Fistful of Patchcords).
Admin and manager of the French Chapter of Dream Theater World: Your Majesty (one of the first DT fan clubs)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 08:39:52 AM »
I'm going to interview Jordan via email next week so if you have specific questions to ask, you can write them here.
To prepare the interview, the almighty Scott Schorr gave me an early access to the album. Be prepared, it's really really different from the Jordan Rudess we know. It's ambient, a lot of soundscaping and it reminds me a bit of the works from Jean Michel Jarre and what Jordan did with Richard Lainhart (A Fistful of Patchcords).

Would like to know if he plans to use some of the sounds/tools used here on future DT releases (he'll probably say no, but I'd like him to answer anyway  :biggrin:)
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 02:15:30 AM »
I'd ask if he was disappointed or upset with the somewhat mixed reaction TA got from the DT fanbase.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 06:46:50 AM »
I'd ask if he was disappointed or upset with the somewhat mixed reaction TA got from the DT fanbase.

Come on. They're smart, savvy adults, I'm quite sure they expected a mixed reaction to TA from the fanbase.  Why on earth would it disappoint or upset them to get what they are expecting?

Perhaps a better question would be, were they hoping to bring in fans from outside the established fanbase? If so, how well does Jordan think they did? If not, never mind.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 07:10:16 AM »
I disagree, they're creative people, and they are only human. TA has been the most divisive record since I've been a DT fan (1992 and counting...)
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 07:48:51 AM »
I disagree, they're creative people, and they are only human. TA has been the most divisive record since I've been a DT fan (1992 and counting...)

While yes, The Astonishing was divisive, I think it only creates more hype for the next record, which is not bad for DT right now.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Offline gzarruk

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
My interview with Jordan regarding his new album has been published here:

https://lotsofmuzic.weebly.com/home/jordan-rudess-keyboardist-of-progressive-metal-band-dream-theater-talks-about-his-new-solo-album-intersonic

Thanks for sharing. So DT will reconvene in May 2018 to start recording.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 07:54:20 PM »

https://lotsofmuzic.weebly.com/home/jordan-rudess-keyboardist-of-progressive-metal-band-dream-theater-talks-about-his-new-solo-album-intersonic

Great interview, man!

Thanks! I tried to focus more on his new release, as I was advised by Scott Schorr to do so (and it makes sense if you think about it). The interview was done via email - I sent the questions to Scott, and JR himself sent it to me. when I received it from him, I was in shock!!!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 07:55:22 PM »

Yep...and judging by these guys´ work ethic, a new release in Q3 or Q4 2018!!! YESSSSSS!!!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 06:22:07 AM »

Yep...and judging by these guys´ work ethic, a new release in Q3 or Q4 2018!!! YESSSSSS!!!

Fingers crossed!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 07:39:48 PM »
Just got this in the mail from Lazy Bones records yesterday:

"The New CD, INTERSONIC, features JORDAN RUDESS of DREAM THEATER and synth-whiz STEVE HORELICK.

The beautiful and haunting album features 11 tracks + a download card which includes 3 bonus tracks exclusive to the CD.  Plus, the first 1,000 CD’s will be AUTOGRAPHED by Jordan and Steve!  This would make a great holiday gift!

This album, in the genre of Electronic / Ambient, is different than our usual Prog Rock releases.  It showcases Jordan on piano and the funky GeoShred, surrounded by twisted syth textures applied by Steve.  Incredibly cool stuff!"

It´s completely different from the type of music I´m used to, but an interesting release nonetheless...

Got the same email.  I'll pick this up eventually. Jordan's solo stuff varies musically but I tend to like most of it.  I've always felt he's mostly been underutilized in Dream Theater.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 02:37:29 PM »

Could ask Jordan about the new DT live album that Chyik is mixing? Is it from this tour, a bootleg release with DVD etc? Thanks!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »
The questions were sent last Friday but I sent another email to add that question a few hours.
Admin and manager of the French Chapter of Dream Theater World: Your Majesty (one of the first DT fan clubs)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »
Cool👍😎
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 05:26:16 AM »
:getoffmylawn:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens