Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 443050 times)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Haken v. Virus (now July 24th)
« Reply #4515 on: July 18, 2020, 06:20:35 AM »
I think some people get early copies for review purposes.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4516 on: July 18, 2020, 09:34:18 AM »
Yes.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #4517 on: July 18, 2020, 10:27:26 AM »
If only there was forum rules to reference people. :p

2a. Sharing, requests for sharing, offers to share, or discussion of illegally obtaining pirated material is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, warez, direct links, asking for links/files, and hinting at resources for finding the material.

2b. With regard to "leaked" material, you are not allowed to discuss the leaking or sharing of an album by any artist, or that an album has leaked.  In addition to the above, with regard to Dream Theater and side-projects by the members of Dream Theater, you may not discuss the leaked material whatsoever.  For other bands, you can in most cases discuss the content of the leaked material as long as you do not reference the leak, where you obtained the material, or sharing the leaked material.

With non-Dream Theater related acts you can discuss anything you've heard, as long as you don't break the more critical part of the rule.

I will add that I am not promoting discussing material you've obtained illicitly, as I along with others certainly find it in poor taste, but I'm not going to take any sort of mod action as a result of it.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4518 on: July 18, 2020, 11:40:31 AM »
I'm just glad it's confirmed and we can all finally hear it.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #4519 on: July 20, 2020, 05:59:01 AM »
I haven't received a shipping notification for my preorder yet. Anyone here received something?

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4520 on: July 20, 2020, 07:01:53 AM »
I haven't received a shipping notification for my preorder yet. Anyone here received something?
Where did you order from? If it's somewhere that does quick deliveries (like Amazon) then I wouldn't expect it to have shipped yet.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline me7

« Reply #4521 on: July 20, 2020, 07:28:20 AM »
From Insideout Germany.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4522 on: July 20, 2020, 08:30:45 AM »
Hmm, I've never ordered from IO. Their website unhelpfully says that European orders should arrive "within 2 weeks" but I imagine that actual time depends on how near you are to Germany (assuming you are indeed in Europe).

Anyone else ordered from IO and received/not received a shipping notification?

You could contact IO and just ask of course.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4523 on: July 20, 2020, 09:11:21 AM »
I ordered from IO a couple of times and they're usually on point with the notifications. You can write them and ask (their customer support was fairly great when I wrote them once about lost package) but I would think that means it hasn't shipped yet.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline me7

« Reply #4524 on: July 20, 2020, 09:29:37 AM »
Yes, I ordered my previous Haken preorders from them and got timely notifications. This is why I asked whether anyone got a notification from any store.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4525 on: July 20, 2020, 09:48:23 AM »
Yes, I ordered my previous Haken preorders from them and got timely notifications. This is why I asked whether anyone got a notification from any store.

Not yet. Ordered from Laser's Edge in the US.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4526 on: July 20, 2020, 09:50:22 AM »
I ordered from BurningShed, still no shipment notification email from them yet, but what's funny is that they sent me a shipping notification for SW's The Future Bites CD back on June 24th... :facepalm:  :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4527 on: July 20, 2020, 10:14:10 AM »
From some stores, yes definitely, people have been posting pictures of their notifications on Facebook.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4528 on: July 20, 2020, 10:29:23 AM »
All this just reinforces my way of doing digitial downloads from amazon.  After all the delays, I'd be so annoyed if my pre-order didn't arrive on release date.  From my experiences doing pre-orders, it seems it never does and then I read about people who got it early.  Why can't that ever happen to me?  :lol  Anyway, I'm looking forward to finally listening to it this week

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4529 on: July 21, 2020, 08:07:20 AM »
Finally got my shipment notification email from BurningShed a little over an hour ago. Guess it'll be here by next weekend!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #4530 on: July 21, 2020, 08:25:05 AM »
Preorders through Amazon used to be pretty good for arriving on release day, and albums used to be available in record shops like HMV on release day, but things seemed to change once InsideOut joined Sony.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4531 on: July 21, 2020, 09:59:11 AM »
Just got my shipping notification from LaserCD.  :metal

Ordered the black vinyl and the mediabook.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #4532 on: July 21, 2020, 11:25:15 AM »
All this just reinforces my way of doing digitial downloads from amazon.  After all the delays, I'd be so annoyed if my pre-order didn't arrive on release date.  From my experiences doing pre-orders, it seems it never does and then I read about people who got it early.  Why can't that ever happen to me?  :lol  Anyway, I'm looking forward to finally listening to it this week

Yep, I don't buy physical copies of albums anymore either, and haven't for years.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline me7

« Reply #4533 on: July 21, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »
Just got my shipping notification from LaserCD.  :metal

Same here from Insideout.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #4534 on: July 21, 2020, 06:53:27 PM »

Yep, I don't buy physical copies of albums anymore either, and haven't for years.

Where do you buy digital?  I have always bought from iTunes but the last 3 albums I bought downloaded fine to my iPhone but was missing songs when loaded to the library.  The titles are there, but the music is missing.  That is a problem for me because I use a smaller iPod most of the time. I also burn cds for use in my older truck.

I need to figure out how to copy from my phone to iTunes library.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #4535 on: July 21, 2020, 08:51:01 PM »

Where do you buy digital?  I have always bought from iTunes but the last 3 albums I bought downloaded fine to my iPhone but was missing songs when loaded to the library.  The titles are there, but the music is missing.  That is a problem for me because I use a smaller iPod most of the time. I also burn cds for use in my older truck.

I need to figure out how to copy from my phone to iTunes library.

There's your problem right there  :lol.  I had an ipod once and I HATED iTunes, it was such a pain in the rear.  I buy all my music off of Amazon.  I have their music app on my phone and it just downloads strait there.  Super easy.  However, I use android, so I'm not sure if that app is available for Apple.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4536 on: July 21, 2020, 08:54:11 PM »
I buy digital from Amazon, and then load it onto my iPod. When buying actual CDs, they're pretty good about getting here by the release date.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #4537 on: July 21, 2020, 09:12:03 PM »
I use bandcamp whenever I can. If the album's not on there I'll use iTunes.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #4538 on: July 22, 2020, 04:32:49 AM »
So TAC and Buddyhunter, how do you get the songs downloaded to your iPod?  I like my older iPod because it is smaller and less bulky when using for yard work, etc. I could just convert to my phone and ditch the iPod, but am set in my ways.

I looked and for the missing songs I can supposedly use Iexplorer to move from the phone to the itunes library. 

I bought Rush Hemisphere and only 2 of the 4 songs actually downloaded to iTunes.  The 2 songs left out were Cygnus and LaVilla.  iTunes did refund 2 of the 3 albums with a problem, but still curious why the last 3 purchases downloaded partially.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline me7

« Reply #4539 on: July 22, 2020, 04:46:58 AM »
I wish everything was available at Bandcamp (or a comparably simple store).

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #4540 on: July 22, 2020, 07:31:09 AM »
So TAC and Buddyhunter, how do you get the songs downloaded to your iPod?  I like my older iPod because it is smaller and less bulky when using for yard work, etc. I could just convert to my phone and ditch the iPod, but am set in my ways.

I just import them into iTunes, put them into a playlist and sync that to the iPod. I've never had an issue with songs getting left out when syncing... if anything I have the opposite problem when I buy something on the iTunes store and it automatically downloads all of the songs onto my phone, even the ones I don't want on there. :P
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4541 on: July 22, 2020, 07:51:25 AM »
So I have two old iPod Classics.

If I buy a download from Amazon, which I do quite a lot, when I download it on my Amazon Music downloader, it used to also send it right to my iTunes. It doesn't seem to do that anymore, but I just go into my Amazon Music folder, and click and drag the files into iTunes. Then load them onto my iPod.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4542 on: July 22, 2020, 07:55:10 AM »
There's your problem right there  :lol.  I had an ipod once and I HATED iTunes, it was such a pain in the rear.  I buy all my music off of Amazon.

I feel the same.  I had an Ipod touch in the past and a work iphone and absolutely HATED itunes.  Such a bloated and poor application for music.  I use amazon and just download it right after purchase to my PC and then I move it onto my phone via USB drag and drop into my phone's music folder.  Easy and works every time.  No sync or application needed.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4543 on: July 22, 2020, 08:14:17 AM »
So I have two old iPod Classics.

If I buy a download from Amazon, which I do quite a lot, when I download it on my Amazon Music downloader, it used to also send it right to my iTunes. It doesn't seem to do that anymore, but I just go into my Amazon Music folder, and click and drag the files into iTunes. Then load them onto my iPod.

Your default music folder might have changed if you updated iTunes. If you go to settings and changed the default folder to the Amazon Music downloader folder, the issue should get fixed.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4544 on: July 22, 2020, 08:21:23 AM »
OK thank you.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4545 on: July 22, 2020, 08:30:05 AM »
iTunes and iPods are the worst.

Also my hard copy of Virus has shipped, woot.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4546 on: July 22, 2020, 08:45:31 AM »
I use iTunes, though I never buy anything from there, and it works fine.

Also my Virus has shipped. Hurray.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online faizoff

« Reply #4547 on: July 22, 2020, 09:27:31 AM »
Do you guys think the mediabook edition will be like the one for Vector? I'm thinking of getting that edition. It looks like only laserCD is selling it.

Regarding the itunes talk, it's a software designed to make YOU conform to it rather than the other way round I felt. You CAN'T get stuff from your phone or ipad unless they are photos. Everything else needs to go from Computer--> iPod/iPhone/iPad. You can technically get stuff from your device but it's a pain.

I hated organizing things in that thing, but having said that, it makes things super easy for people not like me which is the rest of the population lol.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4548 on: July 22, 2020, 10:18:27 AM »
Do you guys think the mediabook edition will be like the one for Vector? I'm thinking of getting that edition. It looks like only laserCD is selling it.

Burning Shed also has it. It will be probably the same (2CD, with the hardbook cover). This is the edition I bought from LaserCD. My CD has shipped so I can snap a picture and let you know how it looks. I also got the Virus mediabook when it was released. I like mediabooks more than digipacks.

https://burningshed.com/haken_virus_2cd?filter_name=haken&filter_sub_category=true

Online faizoff

« Reply #4549 on: July 22, 2020, 10:52:32 AM »
Thanks! I too prefer the hardcover over digipacks.

Burning Shed is probably going to ship from the UK though plus it costs more.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan