Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 553483 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #6790 on: May 11, 2023, 11:56:01 AM »
Great news.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline faizoff

« Reply #6791 on: May 11, 2023, 12:31:37 PM »
Wow that's a crazy series of events. Glad Eric's feeling better.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #6792 on: May 11, 2023, 12:33:30 PM »
That's some crazy stuff! :omg: Glad he's getting better.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #6793 on: May 11, 2023, 12:37:40 PM »
Yeah, that's downright terrifying. Fingers crossed he gets better soon.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6794 on: May 11, 2023, 12:41:31 PM »
Very crazy glad he's on the mend and it wasn't as serious as they feared.  Big Eric Gillette fan!

Offline HOF

« Reply #6795 on: May 11, 2023, 12:57:41 PM »
Scary stuff. Glad he’s doing ok now.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6796 on: May 11, 2023, 01:03:26 PM »
Well, all of that was horrible, and then wonderful.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6797 on: May 11, 2023, 02:43:39 PM »
Well, all of that was horrible, and then wonderful.

Exactly; thankfully this seems to be moving in the right direction.

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6798 on: May 12, 2023, 01:35:26 AM »
Truly scary, hope he is getting better soon!   :heart

Was just listening to the newly released single of Bridge Across Troubled Water - live in Hamburg and he does a tremendous performance of on the last verse  :metal

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6799 on: May 12, 2023, 07:13:13 AM »

Was just listening to the newly released single of Bridge Across Troubled Water - live in Hamburg and he does a tremendous performance of on the last verse  :metal

NMB New Live Album Pre-Order
Hi everyone,

From today, you can pre-order the new NMB (The Neal Morse Band) live album, ‘An Evening Of Innocence & Danger: Live in Hamburg’ here:
https://nealmorse.com/product/nmb-the-neal-morse-band-an-evening-of-innocence-danger-live-in-hamburg/
The first 100 copies will be signed by Neal Morse, so make sure you order quickly to be in with a chance!

A live recording of their 2022 tour in support of their most recent studio album. Recorded live in Germany, this 3-disc release captures the band in fine form, presenting ‘Innocence & Danger’ & more over nearly 2 and a half hours of music, and will be released on the 14th July 2023.

Neal Morse, Mike Portnoy, Randy George, Eric Gillette & Bill Hubauer demonstrate a chemistry like no other on this musical document of that tour, supporting their fourth studio album, released in 2021. “NMB’s Innocence and Danger tour was an amazing experience all the way around and the Hamburg gig was a real stand out!”, says Neal, “The band was firing on all cylinders and the audience was so close to us and roaring from the very first note.”

The full track-listing can be found below:

CD1:
1. Do It All Again 10:23
2. Bird On A Wire 08:08
3. Your Place In The Sun 04:18
4. Another Story To Tell 04:50
5. The Way It Had To Be 09:18
6. Bridge Over Troubled Water 08:43
7. Waterfall 07:50

CD2:
1. Not Afraid Pt. 2 21:45
2. Beyond The Years 34:08

CD3:
1. The Great Similitude Medley 29:58

To celebrate the announcement, you can hear the band performing their arrangement of the Simon & Garfunkel classic ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ here: https://youtu.be/mY1JgrV5fcU

Thanks for all of your support,
Neal

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6800 on: May 12, 2023, 07:19:56 AM »

I thought this was some mash-up medley of Transatlantic's "Bridge Across Forever" and the Simon & Garfunkle tune "Bridge Over Troubled Water".  :rollin

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #6801 on: May 12, 2023, 07:52:56 AM »
Placed the order for the new live album. Really love their live shows, kinda wished it was also a video release and not just CD set. And I love that S&G cover, it might as well be a Neal Morse/Spock's Beard song.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6802 on: May 12, 2023, 08:05:02 AM »

I thought this was some mash-up medley of Transatlantic's "Bridge Across Forever" and the Simon & Garfunkle tune "Bridge Over Troubled Water".  :rollin

-Marc.

Haha Whoops! A little typo  ;) The idea of a mash-up sounds totally do-able by these guys though  :metal

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6803 on: May 12, 2023, 10:37:40 AM »
SECOND UPDATE ON ERIC GILLETTE:

Jaci has sent this update, and her heartfelt thanks:

"...Eric is out of surgery and all went well!!!! Praise Jesus 🙌🙌🙌 He is very tired and tender but, relieved to have that out of the way! ❤️ He will stay another night, to be monitored, since he’s had so much going on - but, I should be able to take him home tomorrow!   

We can’t say this enough - Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the love and prayers!!!! We are blessed with an army of support ❤️..."

Offline Kram

« Reply #6804 on: May 12, 2023, 12:27:00 PM »
SECOND UPDATE ON ERIC GILLETTE:

Jaci has sent this update, and her heartfelt thanks:

"...Eric is out of surgery and all went well!!!! Praise Jesus 🙌🙌🙌 He is very tired and tender but, relieved to have that out of the way! ❤️ He will stay another night, to be monitored, since he’s had so much going on - but, I should be able to take him home tomorrow!   

We can’t say this enough - Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the love and prayers!!!! We are blessed with an army of support ❤️..."
Great news!

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #6805 on: May 18, 2023, 11:54:36 AM »
Randy George is trying to kickstart some funding for a solo album. The clips he posted sound really good! He has a ways to go so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone is interested. I just found out about it today.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cunwsgh5xtmxc9e/AACLSlnw6Eeii3q97mNS9cada?dl=0&preview=snippets.wav

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/randygeorgebass/randy-george-beyond-words-solo-album

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6806 on: June 16, 2023, 08:08:19 AM »
Hey there!

Just a heads up that you don’t want to miss the announcement that’s coming on Monday June 19th at 11:00am Central / 5:00pm UK / 6:00pm Europe about the release of a new progressive rock concept album!

That’s all I can say at this point but come Monday, you’ll be able to see and hear more about it!!!

So be sure to check in to www.nealmorse.com

See you soon!

Neal

Just got this email from Radiant Records. Any guesses as to what it could be?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #6807 on: June 16, 2023, 08:17:26 AM »
It’s Part One of the Joseph album. He’s been talking about it in his Inner Circle letters.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6808 on: June 16, 2023, 08:27:21 AM »
It’s Part One of the Joseph album. He’s been talking about it in his Inner Circle letters.

I had figured it was probably that. Am I the only one not that excited for it? Probably not, and while I got his JCTE album, I think I only listened to it once, so I don't feel too anxious to jump on Joseph, especially if it's a dual album.

-Marc.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #6809 on: June 16, 2023, 08:29:58 AM »
Who knows, it might be a step up from Sola Gratia. I'll actually be happy to check it out.  :tup

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #6810 on: June 16, 2023, 08:32:00 AM »
Not excited at all, but I’ll check it out. I’d much rather have a new NMB album.

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #6811 on: June 16, 2023, 09:02:34 AM »
Hey look at that i can order something from Neal on amazon and not the shitty store of his.  and see? instant but.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #6812 on: June 16, 2023, 09:39:06 AM »
I really liked JCTE and thought Sola Gratia was fine also, so yes, I'm looking forward to those Joseph albums.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #6813 on: June 16, 2023, 10:08:57 AM »
Not excited at all, but I’ll check it out. I’d much rather have a new NMB album.

This.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6814 on: June 16, 2023, 10:09:30 AM »
It's Neal doing prog, so I will check it out for sure, but if this is of a similar heavy religious nature as The Exorcist, I won't be overly excited about it.

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #6815 on: June 16, 2023, 10:17:00 AM »
I think JCTE is one of Neal's weakest efforts.  I'm not religious and it never bothered me but that album was a bridge to far.  and to be honest i'm not even gonna check out the joseph one.  Kinda fallen out of love with Neal a bit.

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #6816 on: June 16, 2023, 10:20:25 AM »
Considering the last couple "solo" albums (Sola Gratia, JCTE) I don't really ever go back to anymore, I'm not really excited about the Joseph album. I'll obviously check it out and will probably listen to it a bunch of times even if it's underwhelming (even Neal's "weak" output is still good music).  Personally I'm hoping for it to not sound like a musical (can still have lots of singers without sounding like a musical, kind of like Ayreon does).  Hopefully when they reveal the info there's a single or something to go with it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6817 on: June 16, 2023, 01:43:55 PM »
The problem with this is, are Randy and Mike on it?  Because that was the draw for me.  If this is Neal's way of compartmentalizing and limiting his work with Randy and Mike to the NMB, and he does all the other stuff (or uses others) for his solo spiritual work, it's just not the same to me.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 02:53:50 PM by Stadler »

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #6818 on: June 16, 2023, 02:04:31 PM »
The problem with this is, are Randy and Mike on it?  Because that was the draw for me.

AFAIK, they aren't.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #6819 on: June 16, 2023, 03:02:44 PM »
They were on Sola Gratia, so I wouldn't rule it out, though I don't remember Mike posting anything about tracking drums for it.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6820 on: June 16, 2023, 04:21:41 PM »
The problem with this is, are Randy and Mike on it?  Because that was the draw for me.

AFAIK, they aren't.

This, 100%

Offline Kram

« Reply #6821 on: June 16, 2023, 05:17:41 PM »

I had figured it was probably that. Am I the only one not that excited for it? Probably not, and while I got his JCTE album, I think I only listened to it once, so I don't feel too anxious to jump on Joseph, especially if it's a dual album.

-Marc.
No....you are not alone!  I'm hoping they secretly recorded a new NMB album earlier in the year (they were supposed to at one point), and are gonna give us all the big surprise we really want LOL.  But I'm not holding my breath..

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #6822 on: June 16, 2023, 05:22:32 PM »
I don't think there's going to be a new NMB album for a while...

I'm more interested in the Eric/Diego/Simen project that was teased long time ago but hasn't seen any updates in forever.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6823 on: June 16, 2023, 05:33:13 PM »

-Marc.
No....you are not alone!  I'm hoping they secretly recorded a new NMB album earlier in the year (they were supposed to at one point), and are gonna give us all the big surprise we really want LOL.  But I'm not holding my breath..

Nah, there's no a secret NMB recording.

The two parts of Joseph will be coming out this year.

Joseph pt 1 contains fewer choruses than JCTE.

The album is certainly dynamic and offers a variety of musical styles, with a distinct rock vibe.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #6824 on: June 16, 2023, 06:02:26 PM »
I was a Neal Morse solo fanatic for a while but kinda stopped with Lifeline (which I liked more than others IIRC).

What are some of your guys' favorite songs post-Lifeline?