Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 913253 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I think 'serviceable' is a perfect description of them actually.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nice little interview with Vivian Campbell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emzsL1QYeFw&t=13s
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Saw that Joel Hoekstra from Whitesnake is now playing in Accept. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Yeah, he's going to do a tour. Not sure why Wolf feels like he needs three guitarists in the band.

Also, I'm ready for some new Accept music.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, he's going to do a tour. Not sure why Wolf feels like he needs three guitarists in the band.

Also, I'm ready for some new Accept music.

Strange fit but easy money I guess.

Wait.....since when have they had 3 guitarists?  lol, wtf gotta look taht up.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Since 2019 apparently.  Has it been that longed since I've watched some footage?  Didn't even realise that when I picked up the last album either.

That makes no sense, Wolf is really the only lead player.  The only benefit it would have would to some rhythm under the harmonies but it's never needed IMO.

Also Tim, yeah the Satans' Fall album, I listened to it again today in the car when out and yeah, there's a few songs there that totally scream recent Accept, the second track especially.  Dead ringer.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The band also announced that Mark is now officially the longest serving singer of Accept.  That is mind boggling.

Mark has done a great job, but Balls to the Wall, Restless and Wild and Metal Heart are my go to's for the band.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The band also announced that Mark is now officially the longest serving singer of Accept.  That is mind boggling.

Mark has done a great job, but Balls to the Wall, Restless and Wild and Metal Heart are my go to's for the band.

Wow, that is kinda crazy when you think about it.

Metal Heart is so fucking good.  :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolf=Wolf

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Metal Heart is one if my all time favorite albums.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Midnight Mover is a pretty difficult video to watch lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Midnight Mover is a pretty difficult video to watch lol

Lol, I don't think I've seen it.  I'll have to check it out.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, I don’t remember it.

I can do without Screaming For A Lovebite, but everything else is aces.

Offline Lowdz

I was never much of a fan of TS to be honest. They were just too basic, and this coming from a KISS fan! That Widowmaker album is quality though.

Hey Paul!!  Good to see you, hope you are well.

I am mate, thanks. Don’t get around here much these days. Not online much ata all really. Life has got busy. Hope the gang is all well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hi Paul!

Good to see you.  Don't be a stranger.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Saxon video.

There's Something In Roswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-xgVaQX4Hk

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Saxon video.

Looks like we are in for another killer album!  :metal

Loved that solo section.  Dudes in their 60s and 70s singing a heavy metal song about aliens.  What's not to like here?  :metal

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
New Saxon video.

Loved that solo section.  Dudes in their 60s and 70s singing a heavy metal song about aliens.  What's not to like here?  :metal

Yet when DT does it, it's lame or cheesy.  ::)
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Saxon video.

Which DT song are we talking about? If you're talking The Alien, that's a totally different subject matter. Plus, I rate The Alien at #16 in my DT Top 100!

I have to admit, when I saw the title, There's Something In Roswell, I kind of cringed. Other than the chorus, this song kicks ass though. The verses are classic Saxon.

But back to the title and subject, I feel the same thing about Hangar 18. I do find the subject matter cheesy.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Saxon video.

I was just having a bit of a laugh.  Plus, I personally have never had an issue with the lyrics to The Alien.  Plus it even cracked my you 100.

Like Tim said, the subject matter is still a bit cheesy, hence my tongue in cheek statement in the first place, but who gives a fuck hey.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
I always find the "cheesy" accusation amusing given a lot of people's favorite artists here, and even the house band a decent amount of the time. 

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
5% cheesy is cringey, 50% cheesy is cheap, 100% cheesy is epic.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

The Cheese Scale of Music.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Seems legit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Found this Biff Byford interview by Rodrigo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVu7pr_HKA4

@ Rodrigo...nice job with the interview. Biff sounded pretty engaged, so kudos because you're probably the 2 millionth guy to interview him!  Love the conversation around the 90's time period.

Also, I thought you were younger than you actually are.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll check that out a bit later.

The new album is solid as fuck, really enjoying it.  Feels more straight ahead and a bit stripped down and less metal than the last couple but it's great.  Love the addition of Brian.  His leads a super tasty and works really well alongside Doug.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'll check that out a bit later.

The new album is solid as fuck, really enjoying it. Feels more straight ahead and a bit stripped down and less metal than the last couple but it's great.  Love the addition of Brian.  His leads a super tasty and works really well alongside Doug.

I agree. This album hits the spot.

Offline ozzy554

Jimmy Waldo talking about Graham Bonnet lip syncing during live shows. I had my suspicions after Graham started sounding consistently good during the videos I've seen as he was usually very hit and miss. I think he's eased up on them a bit as I've heard newer shows that certainly sound live but I'm starting to understand more and more why they took the manager's side in the split. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHGycqdGYHo
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Lowdz

New Crimdon Glory song is pretty good 😳

https://youtu.be/K66dL16MVy0?si=3c0sVXtNKEIBrVjv

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Found this Biff Byford interview by Rodrigo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVu7pr_HKA4

@ Rodrigo...nice job with the interview. Biff sounded pretty engaged, so kudos because you're probably the 2 millionth guy to interview him!  Love the conversation around the 90's time period.

Also, I thought you were younger than you actually are.

Thanks man! And yeah, it's difficult to get the artists excited when they've talked about the album extensively. In this case, it was the last slot with Biff for the day, and he was late because the previous interview lasted too long. In other words...this interview had everything to come out terribly boring. I studied other interviews he had done and decided to ask very different questions - the one about them doing a concept album, or addressing the reality show they did a long time ago. I'm glad you liked it!

How old did you think I was? I'm 49...I guess all the running and eating right is FINALLY starting to pay off. LOL!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Wonder if I'll get an invite to family functions now??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEPvn2zsTtE&t=1s
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Wonder if I'll get an invite to family functions now??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEPvn2zsTtE&t=1s

That’ll be fun.