Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 913285 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's good to see.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Not offended at all, just can't understand your opinion based on alleged comments that he would do a full album of songs with MK.
Maybe he has unused himself over the years, but that is his choice.

True Gaz.
I guess it would seem strange that Tony wouldn't jump at the chance to do a great album with the go to man in the genre he's known for. But it's his career and he has to be happy with what's on offer before committing himself. Magnus seemed a bit surprised by his caution.

Yeah fair enough Gaz.

Yeah, Magnus did seem a little WTF?  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Once you start wearing bandanas ............
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:yarr

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I don’t want to be a pirate

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I don’t want to be a pirate

Everyone wants to be a pirate!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So, for no good reason, I thought I'd drop the needle on the Vandenberg 2020 album.

Are you fucking kidding me?? Ronnie Romero is even on this?? Fuck that!

I shut it off.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ozzy554

Not his worst look

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Not his worst look

Haha -  I was thinking of the Bret Michaels/Axl Rose personality might be rubbing off  :biggrin:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So, for no good reason, I thought I'd drop the needle on the Vandenberg 2020 album.

I shut it off.

:rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

I shut it off.

Not enough growls for you??   :lol  Unsurprisingly, I found it rather enjoyable.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

I shut it off.

Not enough growls for you??   :lol  Unsurprisingly, I found it rather enjoyable.

I thought it was very good. I thought loss of taste was a symptom of covid 19. Seems Tim's got it with Crabs!  :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Not a hard rock song, but from a well known classic hard-rock artist (at least, here in Canada).  Jay, you see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rTDBZo0RjE
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
I think after all these years i've come to the conclusion Thunder is my favourite Hard Rock band. There's something about their music that's so groovy and tasty. Danny's voice is also a factor.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I think after all these years i've come to the conclusion Thunder is my favourite Hard Rock band. There's something about their music that's so groovy and tasty. Danny's voice is also a factor.

:tup

I really really like them and although their best records are several years ago, they are still going strong. And Daniel's voice still sounds good.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Not a hard rock song, but from a well known classic hard-rock artist (at least, here in Canada).  Jay, you see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rTDBZo0RjE

Nice to see something new from Kim!

• DTF.org Member

:tup

I really really like them and although their best records are several years ago, they are still going strong. And Daniel's voice still sounds good.
Yea they're so great live atleast what i've seen on video, sadly I haven't seen them IRL.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
In regards to Thunder, I was only familiar with Dirty Love.  Checking out other songs now.

• DTF.org Member
In regards to Thunder, I was only familiar with Dirty Love.  Checking out other songs now.
:tup I think my favourites are Laughing on Judgment Day and Backstreet Symphony.

Online Kwyjibo

Everyone should at least have listened to Laughing On Judgement Day.

Backstreet Symphony, Behind Closed Doors and The Thrill Of It All are also great.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Everyone should at least have listened to Laughing On Judgement Day.

Backstreet Symphony, Behind Closed Doors and The Thrill Of It All are also great.

I'll check it out  :tup

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Laughing On Judgement Day was the only Thunder album I bought as a kid , but struggled with it....something missing in the writing but couldn't put my finger on it.  I returned to them later and have enjoyed bits and pieces.   Actually 2017's Rip It Up was enjoyable based on my song ratings.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Kwyjibo

Thunder was more blues and 70s influenced than a lot of their contemporary bands in the 80s/early 90s. Although that is not groundbreaking in itself it set them apart from a lot of the hair metal bands imo, and it was what made me recognize them in the first place.

Offline Lowdz

I was a big fan of the first album but didn’t really go for them after that. Bowes is a great singer.

Saw them live several times and they always delivered.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Not bad for a band whose last release was in 1985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf0cUhJevXA

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Never heard of them but that was pretty good. Listened to their earlier stuff and besides better quality of the recording, band sounds pretty much the same. How do you release a follow up 35 years later without missing a beat lol. Not much info on glacier on the google

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Never heard of them but that was pretty good. Listened to their earlier stuff and besides better quality of the recording, band sounds pretty much the same. How do you release a follow up 35 years later without missing a beat lol. Not much info on glacier on the google

I think the vocalist is the only original guy but likely the main writer etc......hence the consistency I guess.   They sound a little like another band I got a few into - Twisted Tower Dire.   Although , at their best , I would say TTD are a better band than Glacier.

Still...........sounds like an album worth a look later in the year.

Hittman also have a new song out which is alright - didn't mind them back in the day.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Can always count on Brent to come in and lay down a list of bands no one's ever heard of.  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
If you haven't heard this Kade , you should give it a listen and see what you think :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEbJGsa6hQ

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
If you haven't heard this Kade , you should give it a listen and see what you think :

Will check it later tonight mate.  :tup

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

You’re right, better than Glacier. Good tune

But Wolf is right, Brent is the master of causing people to say who???? Lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

This fucking rips!  :metal

Offline Lowdz

You’re right, better than Glacier. Good tune

But Wolf is right, Brent is the master of causing people to say who???? Lol

Yup. Even me. I thought my depth of knowledge was pretty deep but realise it wasn't  :biggrin:

That Twisted Tower Dire sounds pretty great. Never even heard a whisper about them. I'd have been all over this at the time if I'd heard it. Is it one of those $1000 on eBay jobs?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd have been all over this at the time if I'd heard it. Is it one of those $1000 on eBay jobs?

Nah.............single figures should be the go.

They aren't "all killer" but their good songs are very good.  The album is called Crest Of The Martyrs.  Another one of those bands that should've been bigger but nothing fell in to place.  The original singer passed away sadly - he had a great voice.

www.theguitardojo.com.au