Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 262805 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #5845 on: October 20, 2015, 08:02:29 PM »
Happy future day, people! I know what you're thinking, it's not future day there yet, but I'm obviously posting from the future.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5846 on: October 20, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »
I hope you're hitting a retro fountain shop today.

Night!

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5847 on: October 20, 2015, 08:11:04 PM »
I don't even know what that is, but it doesn't sound very 2015-y. :lol

Goodnight, chump.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5848 on: October 21, 2015, 05:47:51 AM »
Don't you remember they had a retro restaurant with the jukebox ordering a Pepsi?  That was a retro fountain shop.  My old man hung out at those.  At least that's what he told me. :lol

Morning.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5849 on: October 21, 2015, 05:58:05 AM »
Don't you remember they had a retro restaurant with the jukebox ordering a Pepsi?  That was a retro fountain shop.  My old man hung out at those.  At least that's what he told me. :lol

It's the Cafe '80s, fool!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5850 on: October 21, 2015, 06:01:39 AM »
You can now buy those 2015 Pepsi's in America

FOR ONLY TWENTY DOLLARS A BOTTLE !!!!  :|

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5851 on: October 21, 2015, 06:08:26 AM »

I wish. :lol Those things sold out before they were even supposed to go on sale on Amazon, and are already going for $400 on eBay. Good luck to anyone who got them at "retail" price.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5852 on: October 21, 2015, 06:09:16 AM »

Still was set up as a 50's motif sucka! :lol  They didn't have those in the 80's in America but that's the fun of the movie.

They are expensive now but if I rant I'll sound even older than I am. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5853 on: October 21, 2015, 06:09:59 AM »

Still was set up as a 50's motif sucka! :lol  They didn't have those in the 80's in America but that's the fun of the movie.

It was set up as an '80s motif, it was just done badly for effect.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5854 on: October 21, 2015, 06:15:28 AM »
Completely agree! Sort of going to Japan and they have an American club and it's just not right.  It was perfect for the movie.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5855 on: October 21, 2015, 06:59:25 AM »

They are expensive now but if I rant I'll sound even older than I am. :lol

I would never spend £20 on a bottle of coke / pepsi when I can get a regular coke/pepsi for £1 and it tastes the same.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5856 on: October 21, 2015, 07:04:03 AM »
It's $20, not £20, but obviously you're paying for the novelty/prop rather than the drink! I'd pay $20 for it, despite it not being close to screen accurate. Very few people are actually drinking them. They're collectables.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5857 on: October 21, 2015, 07:05:37 AM »
It's $20, not £20, but obviously you're paying for the novelty/prop rather than the drink! I'd pay $20 for it, despite it not being close to screen accurate. Very few people are actually drinking them. They're collectables.

I'll keep the £13 and have a regular coke  :biggrin:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5858 on: October 21, 2015, 07:08:22 AM »
I'm not sure I have the $20 right now anyway, so I'll keep it and drink whatever we have.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5859 on: October 21, 2015, 07:32:11 AM »
I used to drink Coke like it was out of style in my youth but I only have it when out to dinner these days.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5860 on: October 21, 2015, 07:33:41 AM »
I can't remember the last time I drank any kind of cola, but I think it was probably Jarritos Mexican Cola. It tastes like a cheap cola, with a distinct aftertaste of candy (but ain't bad).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5861 on: October 21, 2015, 07:41:37 AM »
I've seen that brand in a local Mexican restaurant in town but never tried it.  they also have all the wild, wacky flavors as well.  Like Cactus lime and other crazy styles.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5862 on: October 21, 2015, 07:45:03 AM »
We get that brand at mexican food places, and US food places. Never seen anything cactus-y around here though. :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #5863 on: October 21, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »
I like those Jarritos soft drinks, but I can only find three of the flavours locally when there's apparently eight of them available in Australia. I don't buy them too often though due to the price.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5864 on: October 21, 2015, 07:54:02 AM »
I like those Jarritos soft drinks, but I can only find three of the flavours locally when there's apparently eight of them available in Australia. I don't buy them too often though due to the price.

I think Woolworths here stocks three flavours (Lime, Cola, and maybe Mandarin?), otherwise I can only get it at shops that specialize in Mexican/US foods and drinks.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5865 on: October 21, 2015, 07:59:39 AM »
I think Woolworths here stocks three flavours (Lime, Cola, and maybe Mandarin?), otherwise I can only get it at shops that specialize in Mexican/US foods and drinks.
Woolworths here stocks Pineapple, Lime, and Mango. :lol I have found them in some other stores aswell but only the same three flavours. I guess no one around here really cares enough to stock the others.

Lately I've just been getting into the Bundaberg soft drinks instead.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5866 on: October 21, 2015, 08:01:15 AM »
Woolworths here stocks Pineapple, Lime, and Mango. :lol I have found them in some other stores aswell but only the same three flavours. I guess no one around here really cares enough to stock the others.

Lately I've just been getting into the Bundaberg soft drinks instead.

Maybe those are the three flavours we had, I can't remember, I only remember Lime for sure because that's what we got. Woolworths is so limited for soda flavours.

I currently have the Bundaberg Apple Cider. Good stuff. I want to try the others, but I'm not sure what they stock here.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5867 on: October 21, 2015, 08:06:21 AM »
I currently have the Bundaberg Apple Cider. Good stuff. I want to try the others, but I'm not sure what they stock here.
I haven't tried all of them yet, but so far I've liked 8 of the 10 I have. Wasn't a fan of the Apple Cider myself.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5868 on: October 21, 2015, 08:11:10 AM »
I haven't tried all of them yet, but so far I've liked 8 of the 10 I have. Wasn't a fan of the Apple Cider myself.

It is a bit of an acquired taste compared to other apple flavoured drinks, but I enjoy it now. What ones have you tried? They all look so colourful and delicious on the ad. :lol I wish I could get them individually, because a 4 pack is a commitment.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5869 on: October 21, 2015, 08:14:17 AM »
It is a bit of an acquired taste compared to other apple flavoured drinks, but I enjoy it now. What ones have you tried? They all look so colourful and delicious on the ad. :lol
The only ones I haven't bothered with yet are Ginger Beer and Sarsparilla. I'm not a big fan of Ginger Beer but I'll grab it eventually, and I haven't decided if I'll try the Sarsparilla at all. Out of the others the only ones I didn't like were Apple Cider and Pink Grapefruit. Pineapple and Coconut is probably my favourite.

It was probably a while ago now but Coles had a six pack of the fruitier flavours for a limited edition run, that's how I got into them because I never wanted to buy a four pack of something I'd never had before. But I liked five of the six in that so I took the risk with the remaining flavours.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5870 on: October 21, 2015, 08:16:26 AM »
I so want to post Dave Chappelle talking about Apple Drink compared to apple juice.  So damn funny.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5871 on: October 21, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »
I've tried ginger beer once (not Bundaberg), and was not a fan of it at all, so I wouldn't bother with that one. I don't know what sarsparilla tastes like, but I kinda assumed it was along the same lines.
I've had other pink grapefruit drinks and liked those. I also like pineapple, not sure about the coconut bit.

It was probably a while ago now but Coles had a six pack of the fruitier flavours for a limited edition run, that's how I got into them because I never wanted to buy a four pack of something I'd never had before. But I liked five of the six in that so I took the risk with the remaining flavours.

Ooh, I'll have to look out for that. That sounds perfect.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5872 on: October 21, 2015, 08:21:04 AM »
I used to drink Schweppes Ginger Beer as a kid, but I probably haven't had any kind of Ginger Beer in at least 18 years. :lol That's why I haven't bothered with it yet. And like you I'm not exactly sure what to expect from Sarsparilla.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5873 on: October 21, 2015, 08:24:45 AM »
I'm getting ginger beer confused with root beer. I liked the Bundaberg Ginger Beer, but I can never finish a bottle. It's sweet and pleasant at the start, but by the end it's painful overwhelming ginger that wants to kill me. Root beer I just outright disliked.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5874 on: October 21, 2015, 08:31:56 AM »
I'm getting ginger beer confused with root beer. I liked the Bundaberg Ginger Beer, but I can never finish a bottle. It's sweet and pleasant at the start, but by the end it's painful overwhelming ginger that wants to kill me. Root beer I just outright disliked.
Not a fan of root beer here, either.

Ooh, I'll have to look out for that. That sounds perfect.
I haven't seen them in months, so don't hold your breath. :lol Though you never know if they will do it again.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5875 on: October 21, 2015, 08:33:53 AM »

I don't know how long you've been indoors but Woolworths closed down about 8 years ago in the UK :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5876 on: October 21, 2015, 08:35:03 AM »
I checked the Coles and Woolworths sites, and didn't see anything.  :-\ I'll be on the lookout for it though.

I'll have to check if our soda store has the Apple Fanta back in stock. I want 5 cases of that shit. It's amazing.

I don't know how long you've been indoors but Woolworths closed down about 8 years ago in the UK :lol

Cool. If I lived in the UK, that might be relevant. :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5877 on: October 21, 2015, 08:35:52 AM »
I love Root beer.  A few older style you can barely find these days I love too.  Birch Beer and Sarsaparilla.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5878 on: October 21, 2015, 08:36:46 AM »
I love Root beer.  A few older style you can barely find these days I love too.  Birch Beer and Sarsaparilla.

Can you possibly try to explain what sarsparilla tastes like?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5879 on: October 21, 2015, 08:40:01 AM »
Might be difficult, apparently we can't even spell it properly. :\