Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 262805 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #2240 on: May 26, 2015, 10:58:16 AM »
Now you tell me you had shrimp on the grill and the potatoes all buttered up in a tin?!

You jerk. :lol  That sounds awesome.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2241 on: May 26, 2015, 11:01:10 AM »
It was wonderful.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2242 on: May 26, 2015, 11:14:20 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, King. I only made grilled shrimp tacos, chili verde, and grilled veggie-kabobs and washed it down with Negra Modelo. We weren't quite awesome enough to have steak and cigars.  :-[

Nonetheless, it was a great day that started with a decent round of golf!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2243 on: May 26, 2015, 11:17:41 AM »
Well the wifey made homemade pizza when I got home.  The topping were Al Fresco Italian meatballs sliced, with marinated artichokes and roasted red peppers so I didn't suffer. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2244 on: May 26, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »
 :tup

Do you ever grill your pizza? Pod-Jr makes a mean grilled pizza...I haven't quite mastered the technique so I have to rely on him coming home for the weekend during the summer.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2245 on: May 26, 2015, 11:23:18 AM »
Yes we do.  Though, If I fire up the grill it's Chicken kaboos, kielbasi or burgers.  Looks like next week's food list. :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2246 on: May 26, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »
Well the wifey made homemade pizza when I got home.  The topping were Al Fresco Italian meatballs sliced, with marinated artichokes and roasted red peppers so I didn't suffer. :lol

Story topper  :yeahright
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2247 on: May 26, 2015, 11:47:31 AM »
 :lol

Say what?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2248 on: May 26, 2015, 12:00:30 PM »
If it makes you feel any better, King. I only made grilled shrimp tacos, chili verde, and grilled veggie-kabobs and washed it down with Negra Modelo. We weren't quite awesome enough to have steak and cigars.  :-[
Sounds great!

Hey, that sounds great too!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2249 on: May 26, 2015, 01:19:12 PM »
I like to take a naan bread - put some ketchup and BBQ sauce on it then some ham on it. Then cheese and cherry tomatoes. Then grill it for ten mins. Delicious.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #2250 on: May 26, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »
Memorial day consisted of visiting graves around rural southern Utah, eating lunch at a sushi buffet, and getting a new suit. It was a pretty good day.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2251 on: May 26, 2015, 03:19:01 PM »
I did 3.5 hours voluntary work at a charity shop , had a root canal then went to my work and had a free coffee and played music on two guitars with the manager :)

The tenderness is dying down now so hopefully I can sleep tonight and enjoy my two days off.  :)

... Oh and I bought the complete SPACED boxset from the charity shop.

3 discs for £3. Not bad. :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:26:32 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2252 on: May 26, 2015, 08:08:15 PM »
After a week, the snow in Brian Head has been replaced by rain. Summer is coming.

Scratch that, now it's hail.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarφk around the Clφck!
« Reply #2253 on: May 26, 2015, 11:45:21 PM »
Memorial day consisted of visiting graves around rural southern Utah, eating lunch at a sushi buffet, and getting a new suit. It was a pretty good day.

Hey, I got a new suit yesterday too. :hifive:

What colour is yours?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2254 on: May 27, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »

Hey, I got a new suit yesterday too. :hifive:

What colour is yours?
Gray. Not very dark,  not very light, pretty much right down the middle.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2255 on: May 27, 2015, 06:46:32 AM »
Do you gents buy off the rack or go to a tailor? If so, where?

I noticed last week that I don't have a black suit that either fits me or isn't horribly out of style (4 buttons  :\ ). If I don't want to wear gray for my daughter's wedding, I'm going to need to buy a black suit off the rack somewhere since my tailor is too swamped for the next few months.

I'm not a big fan of the 'pay for the name' type stores, plus I'm no longer young anymore, so places like Hugo Boss are right out. What do you think, larger department store or the Mens' Wearhouse or something?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2256 on: May 27, 2015, 06:48:01 AM »
Good morning everyone!

I need to go out and buy a new suit. . .

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2257 on: May 27, 2015, 07:17:05 AM »
$500 gone Reap with a whole suit or just a jacket and slacks?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2258 on: May 27, 2015, 07:19:42 AM »
What do you think, larger department store or the Mens' Wearhouse or something?
I would think Mens Wearhouse.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2259 on: May 27, 2015, 07:38:55 AM »
$500 gone Reap with a whole suit or just a jacket and slacks?

I have shoes but I'll pick up a jacket, pants, and shirt.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2260 on: May 27, 2015, 07:41:14 AM »
So high $300 to a little over $400.  Men's Warehouse is a little expensive but they do it right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2261 on: May 27, 2015, 08:14:08 AM »
JOSEPH A. BANK

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2262 on: May 27, 2015, 08:32:55 AM »
JOSEPH A. BANK
IS OWNED BY THE MEN'S WEARHOUSE

JAB, also is similarly priced as their parent company yet only sells their own designs which can be a little samey.

I've been browsing the websites and it's making me more and more willing to put pressure on Roberto (my tailor). He literally charges no more than most of these manufactured suits (unless you pick a sale item) and once you pay their alterations people to fit it...it may cost more.

I think I'll call him.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2263 on: May 27, 2015, 09:02:44 AM »
I wasn't suggesting going there, I just wanted to post it like they say it in the commercials.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2264 on: May 27, 2015, 09:07:56 AM »

It's all good. I figured we were just having a bit of fun. This is the chat thread after all.  :biggrin:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2265 on: May 27, 2015, 09:08:22 AM »
How dare you have fun in the chat thread! This is unheard of!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2266 on: May 27, 2015, 09:09:27 AM »

It's all good. I figured we were just having a bit of fun. This is the chat thread after all.  :biggrin:

Yep.  It occurred to me after the fact that it looked like I was endorsing JAB.  I've never even been there.  :lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2267 on: May 27, 2015, 09:13:38 AM »
I've been in there, years ago. I bought my first Tuxedo from them (which actually cost less than renting one...less than 200 bucks if I remember right) and I heard no end to it from my brothers. The fuckin' snobs.  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2268 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:52 AM »
How dare you have fun in the chat thread! This is unheard of!

YOU GET OUT OF HERE YOU NEGATIVE NANCY!

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2269 on: May 28, 2015, 06:24:31 AM »
I'm up, I'm up...stop yelling.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2270 on: May 28, 2015, 06:27:45 AM »
Proud Papa!  Here is my daughter playing trumpet at her very first school band concert from Tuesday night.  She is in sixth grade, and I am thankful that she attends the only school in the area that ISN'T cutting the arts.  She is second from the right.  The piece was composed by two other students.

https://www.facebook.com/hefdaddy42

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2271 on: May 28, 2015, 06:35:12 AM »
That was way better than any of my kids elementary school bands.  :tup

I love that the kids are wearing nice black and white clothes.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2272 on: May 28, 2015, 06:36:01 AM »
Proud enough to pimp it verbatim in at least three threads. :neverusethis:

j/k. You should be proud. The song's not too bad either, especially for that age.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2273 on: May 28, 2015, 06:45:57 AM »
Awesome Hef!  I'll check it out when I get home today!

Morning.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2274 on: May 28, 2015, 06:47:24 AM »