Author Topic: The Official Nintendo Thread v It's a-me! Mario!  (Read 35086 times)

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
Re: The Official Nintendo Thread v It's a-me! Mario!
« Reply #245 on: July 05, 2012, 05:05:49 PM »
Megaman 3, eh? 

If you care to share, what order did you use?  (I always go Top, Shadow, Needle, Spark, Magnet, Hard, Snake, Gemini; though, sometimes, I pull out weirder ones for shits and giggles, like starting with Hard or Spark.  Once, I even took out Shadow first.)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: July 05, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »
Holy shit, I forgot about Nintendo Power!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegQI9WM6mk

Games are definitely more involved now, but I wouldn’t say they used to be easier. Most people will bemoan how difficult and annoying the Water Temple is in Zelda: OoT. But compare that to any of the last couple levels in Adventure of Link, and the Water Temple is a piece of cake.

I have a love/hate relationship with newer Zelda games. I love loading a new one up and getting ready to immerse myself in the world of Hyrule and Link’s adventures. I hate how long they take to get going with all the introductory stuff and the tutorial bits they throw in.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #247 on: July 05, 2012, 08:16:45 PM »
I just got Wario Land Shake It for the Wii. It's a pretty standard 2D platformer. It's easy and nothing about it is innovative, but the graphics are beautiful.

I've had that for awhile, I got it really cheap one black friday on amazon. I agree, it is pretty boring. I got to one part I died on and I think I just gave up out of boredom after that. :lol I thought the new Kirby game sucked also, personally. There needs to be a ~little~ bit of challenge to these games. They look cool but it kind of ends there...

Offline Cable

« Reply #248 on: July 05, 2012, 09:50:59 PM »
Megaman 3, eh? 

If you care to share, what order did you use?  (I always go Top, Shadow, Needle, Spark, Magnet, Hard, Snake, Gemini; though, sometimes, I pull out weirder ones for shits and giggles, like starting with Hard or Spark.  Once, I even took out Shadow first.)

Needle is at the end for me. Otherwise, it is exactly the same. Always worked, outside of Snake being hard at times as his weapon is not available for me (Needle)
---

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #249 on: July 06, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »
Difficulty in Nintendo

Case in point: F-Zero GX Story Mode

holy shit

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #250 on: July 06, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »
The Lion King on SNES, that game was fucking tough!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #251 on: July 06, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »
I still haven't beaten Earthworm Jim.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Cable

« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »
The Lion King on SNES, that game was fucking tough!

NES challenge; (and maybe all)

Battletoads, Ninja gaiden 2 and 3 [/thread]
---

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2012, 05:15:08 PM »
I just got Wario Land Shake It for the Wii. It's a pretty standard 2D platformer. It's easy and nothing about it is innovative, but the graphics are beautiful.

I've had that for awhile, I got it really cheap one black friday on amazon. I agree, it is pretty boring. I got to one part I died on and I think I just gave up out of boredom after that. :lol I thought the new Kirby game sucked also, personally. There needs to be a ~little~ bit of challenge to these games. They look cool but it kind of ends there...

I got a used copy for $15 at Gamestop. I saw it and was like "what the hell, why not."

I'm definitely a carebear when it comes to video games, so I don't mind when games are very easy. I like the new Kirby game because I can play through the whole thing without much frustration, and it's just plain fun.

Donkey Kong, on the other hand, I found way too challenging. But I cleared it because I wasn't gonna let it defeat me.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2012, 09:24:46 PM »
In case anyone here has WAY too much free time and wants to spend hours of it watching my friend and I bumbling through Paper Mario and making many offensive comments about it, he's finished uploading every episode of it. 

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2012, 07:44:37 AM »
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is out in 5 days. I'm debating buying it

(lol DDD 3 D's. GET IT?)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2013, 07:19:45 AM »
Anyone got a WiiU yet.

You should add me. I'm perpetualjoe there.

I like the WiiU, but it's still kind of a barren land, so I'm hoping adding more people will improve the social aspect of it.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #257 on: December 01, 2013, 11:51:29 PM »
Just got a Wii U yesterday. I'm thrilled how the game pad functions as a quasi tablet. Does anyone know how to get around the flash issue though? It's such a massive letdown to seemingly only be able to watch videos on youtube.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2013, 02:25:36 PM »
Apparently, you can't turn a picture of the shit you just took into a Mii.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2013, 02:34:58 PM »
Just got a Wii U yesterday. I'm thrilled how the game pad functions as a quasi tablet. Does anyone know how to get around the flash issue though? It's such a massive letdown to seemingly only be able to watch videos on youtube.

I haven't had issues watching other videos on my Wii U. I do think it's amazing that in-browser Youtube works way better than the actual Youtube app.

Dude, what's your Nintendo ID?

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2013, 02:35:36 PM »
I was watching Super Mario 3D World gameplays on YT, this guy never disappoint.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »

black_floyd

What's yours?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »

black_floyd

What's yours?
perpetualjoe, which you prolly would have guessed

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2013, 05:05:14 PM »
I'd take it a step further and, with complete confidence, proclaim the SNES the greatest console of all time when judged for its own specific era. Has any console ever more definitively dominated the market in its own time? Maybe, but I'd love to see someone mention which one did so.

As for SFII, I've been considering buying a 3DO just so I can play Super Street Fighter II Turbo. I guess I can always delve into the 3DO's infinitely rich stockpile of games to justify the puchase, right?right??
Sega Megadrive (or Genesis as you Americans called it) had two years advantage, but STILL didn't manage to beat the SNES. That says something.

Naah, go for the Atari Jaguar instead! That has GOTTA be the greatest console of all time! ...right?

I accidentally racked up an $800 long distance phone bill using a Jaguar controller once.
:lol Don't forget to add the CD-on while you're at it!
Yeah, pretty old, but the Jaguar as a system was pretty damn sweet for its time. Make fun if you want, but at least know it had some serious teeth. Loved mine, but Atari dropped the ball big time. It was tough to port to and developers often ended up not correctly utilizing the hardware to show off the system's power. Some awesome games on it, though, like AvP, Rayman, and Tempest 2000. Enthusiasts finished off some impressive games for it, too, like Battle Sphere and Skyhammer. Interestingly, Rayman ended up being designed for the Jaguar when it became clear the SNES couldn't handle it without CD support (did not need a cd on the Jaguar, though). This system easily could have been the best of its time with developer support, same as the Lynx. You gotta have support and you gotta help developers utlize your consoles. The whole Atari history of that time is captivating, so many blunders and missed opportunities.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
For my money, Playstation 2 was the ultimate game system. It outsold Gamecube and Xbox by nearly 3 times the sales of BOTH of them. Probably half of the best games of the last 12 years or so were on PS2 exclusively.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: December 04, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »

Congrats man. It's a very fun system. I've been playing the hell out of 3D World as of late.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: December 04, 2013, 06:18:12 PM »
I agree about the SNES. While I personally would take the PS2 game library, the SNES library is damn close, and the changes it brought to the videogame world were way more radical.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #267 on: December 04, 2013, 06:55:45 PM »

Congrats man. It's a very fun system. I've been playing the hell out of 3D World as of late.

I want it pretty badly but by getting NSMBU I've already skipped every Mario game from Sunshine onward since M64 was the last one I'd played until 4 days ago. Much as it pains me to miss out on the new one during its "new car smell" era, I really feel compelled to get caught up properly.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: December 04, 2013, 07:20:59 PM »

I want it pretty badly but by getting NSMBU I've already skipped every Mario game from Sunshine onward since M64 was the last one I'd played until 4 days ago. Much as it pains me to miss out on the new one during its "new car smell" era, I really feel compelled to get caught up properly.

Dude, you have a WiiU before most people. You gotta get the best game for it before most people, too!

But enjoy NSMBU and playing at your own pace, too.  :tup

• DT.net Member
« Reply #269 on: December 04, 2013, 07:28:36 PM »
Well I already beat it in just my 4th day of owning it so it seems the real challenge will lie in SM Galaxy as I recall some folks groaning about the star missions. For me, next move is probably Sunshine. As for being one of the first to own a Wii U? The way things are going I may also be one of the last.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2013, 07:31:13 PM »
Well I already beat it in just my 4th day of owning it so it seems the real challenge will lie in SM Galaxy as I recall some folks groaning about the star missions. For me, next move is probably Sunshine. As for being one of the first to own a Wii U? The way things are going I may also be one of the last.
Nah. The console is finally starting to gain some ground.

Galaxy gets pretty tough. The later worlds of SM3DW are tough, too.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2013, 07:36:14 PM »
That's relieving. I've spent such a crazy amount of my life playing this franchise that I can effortlessly breeze through all of the games from 64 going backwards except SMB2 so I was beginning to fear that I'd just boringly coast through every new Mario title.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2013, 04:37:40 AM »
Nah. Though they are somewhat easier.

Don't use Golden Tanooki, though. It eliminates all challenge.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2013, 06:05:43 AM »
Super Mario Galaxy is amazing. SMG2 can be extremely challenging (particularly if you do the post-game sidequest), so you're in for a treat there if you want a challenging 3D Mario game.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2013, 06:26:16 AM »
Yeah, I haven't played SMG2 yet, but I've been told that certain parts in the bonus section basically require you to change the control scheme.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: December 19, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2013, 09:17:50 PM »
The blackout basementified SMB looked like a really cool challenge.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2013, 07:19:03 AM »
I have such great memories with the SNES: all the Mario games, finally beating Link to the Past and Starfox

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: December 26, 2013, 08:19:23 PM »
My WiiU Library is growing:

New Super Mario Bros U
Nintendo Land
Sonic: Lost World
Super Mario 3D World
Wii Party U

Plus, on Virtual Console:
Earthbound
Harvest Moon
Knytt Underground
The Legend of Zelda
Megaman X

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #279 on: December 26, 2013, 10:02:59 PM »
Really wish the Wii U VC library was bigger by now. Kind of want to buy N64 and Sega Genesis games again like I could on the Wii.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.