Author Topic: LithoJazzoSphere Roulette V1: Variety & Reciprocity (Post-Roulette Playlist)  (Read 115935 times)

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: LithoJazzoSphere's 1st Roulette: Vol I: Variety & Reciprocity(R8 Hangman)
« Reply #1855 on: April 05, 2023, 11:32:49 PM »
The hardest part is remembering who is in which roulette  :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1856 on: April 05, 2023, 11:35:50 PM »
The hardest part is remembering who is in which roulette  :lol
I'm in all roulettes  ;)
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1857 on: April 06, 2023, 12:35:30 AM »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1858 on: April 06, 2023, 06:52:27 AM »
BMTH song is Nihilist Blues
Archive - Bullets??
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1859 on: April 06, 2023, 09:56:10 PM »
Stadler: Butthole Surfers – _e__er
 ??? : Slushii – Sapient Dreams
 ??? : Peter Heppner – A Love Divine
 ??? : Bring Me The Horizon – nihilist blues
 ??? : Eldren – Apocalypse Town
 ??? : __n___ – T_e _ee_er
ariich: Feed Me – Lonely Mountain
 ??? : The Black Queen – Ice To Never
 ??? : __s_een – Catch
 ??? : Innellea – Red Thread
Buddyhunter1: IAMTHEKIDYOUKNOWWHATIMEAN – We Love You Celestial
 ??? : Omar Rodriguez-López – S___ia As _ell
 ??? : Lunatic Soul  – Cold
Crow: GUNSHIP  – Dark All Day
 ??? : Archive  – Bullets
 ??? : Anthonie Tonnon  – When I'm Wrong
 ??? : Boards of Canada – Dayvan Cowboy
 ??? : Riverside  – Night Session Part Two

Guessed letters: óztensaridmlc

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1860 on: April 06, 2023, 10:25:30 PM »
Puppies sent Archive, seneca sent Boards of Canada, Elite sent Lunatic Soul?

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1861 on: April 07, 2023, 10:44:46 AM »
Here's hangman filled out.  I'll probably post early impressions tomorrow.  This is looking to be another pretty strong round.  I'm half-tempted to cancel the open rounds and remaining themes and just do more mystery songs, it seems to result in the best music.   :P   Don't let me down next open round!   :biggrin:

Stadler: Butthole Surfers – Pepper
Puppies_On_Acid: Slushii – Sapient Dreams
Evermind: Peter Heppner – A Love Divine
soupytwist: Bring Me The Horizon – nihilist blues
SoundscapeMN: Eldren – Apocalypse Town
Vmadera00: Bonobo – The Keeper
ariich: Feed Me – Lonely Mountain
Sacul: The Black Queen – Ice To Never
Nachtmerrie: Kosheen – Catch
TAC: Innellea – Red Thread
Buddyhunter1: IAMTHEKIDYOUKNOWWHATIMEAN – We Love You Celestial
twosuitluke: Omar Rodriguez-López – Sophia As Well
senecadawg2: Lunatic Soul  – Cold
Crow: GUNSHIP  – Dark All Day
Tomislav95: Archive  – Bullets
HOF: Anthonie Tonnon  – When I'm Wrong
Elite: Boards of Canada – Dayvan Cowboy
Lethean: Riverside  – Night Session Part Two

Edit:  Oh, and I'll put in a Spotify link to everything in a bit. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1862 on: April 07, 2023, 11:54:27 AM »
Here's hangman filled out.  I'll probably post early impressions tomorrow.  This is looking to be another pretty strong round.  I'm half-tempted to cancel the open rounds and remaining themes and just do more mystery songs, it seems to result in the best music.   :P   Don't let me down next open round!   :biggrin:

Take this as a vote for that.  I know more work for you, but I love that idea of listening and reacting, and it's FAR FAR more likely to inspire something profound.  I find myself scrambling and guessing in the open rounds.   Just my two cents.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1863 on: April 07, 2023, 12:11:48 PM »
nice to see Archive on there.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1864 on: April 07, 2023, 12:37:05 PM »
I like having open rounds.  I say keep it as it is.  The mystery rounds are cool too, but I don't listen much to some of the stuff I sent in the mystery rounds.  (Voyager and Riverside are awesome though.)

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1866 on: April 07, 2023, 02:19:31 PM »
I've been generally clueless on the mystery rounds, especially the last two. Plus I have a pretty good submission for the next open round and a cool pre-90's submission.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1867 on: April 08, 2023, 02:52:25 PM »
Litho, while we wait, I thought I'd send you some Mystery Impressions for my song. Be sure to include inspiration from one of all three of them.

Wow, I am shocked how much I like this

Tremendous use of the theme and an excellent choice

You really knocked it out of the park with this one

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1868 on: April 08, 2023, 03:13:18 PM »
Nah, I already got something better for yours.  :p

I'll have them up a little later tonight. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1869 on: April 08, 2023, 03:51:00 PM »
Round 8 Early Impressions:

1:  They're not kidding about the title, are they?  I was not anticipating that ending. 

2:  There some interesting textural parts here, but I'm not sure there's enough memorable melodic content for me. 

3:  I'm impressed at this artist's stylistic range, but years later, the vocals still aren't doing much for me. 

4:  I dig the vibe, but I wonder if it's a bit too sparse and simple. 

5:  Buddyhunter1 - IAMTHEKIDYOUKNOWWHATIMEAN - Yep, I see what you mean about the similarity.  It actually does a few things better than my song, though a few others not as well. 

6:  Wow, the layers, the dynamics, the [redacted], easily your best entry yet.  I don't know why I hadn't already listened to this dozens of times before. 

7:  I'm not sure the last minute or two are enough payoff.  It's on the subtle side for me, and it seemed to drag before the drums entered. 

8:  This is pretty straightforward, but really hits some nostalgic vibes for me, even though I don't think I've heard it before. 

9:  It seems like you probably read my writeup from last round and tried to fix what didn't work from the last song, but I'm not sure the different balance of elements worked on this one either.  It probably feels like trying to play Wac-A-Mole. 

10:  I love when opposite styles meet together, such as this being almost industrial pop, and what a fantastic arrangement of percussive elements. 

11:  TAC - Innellea - You used the Spotify similar artist radio station trick you threatened to do in an earlier round, didn't you?  :-) 

12:  This might be too happy for me, and I'm not sure I'm sold on the melody, but the last minute unexpectedly picks up steam, and the last half-minute definitely helps. 

13:  It became surprisingly more energetic in the last couple minutes, but the vocals there might be a bit repetitive, and despite the theme of this round, live drums might have suited it better. 

14:  I'm not sure whether this is a chopped up vocal sample or a synth patch, but it's a pretty intriguing sound. 

15:  That's some seriously cool-sounding bass thump.  I think this is the best thing you've sent yet. 

16:  This feels like an extended intro to another song, and though [redacted] certainly helps out, this might be too minimalistic for me. 

17:  I've always been surprised how rare true synth solos are in electronic music, so I'm glad to find one here. 

18:  I wasn't sure what to expect based on this artist's early work, so I was pleasantly surprised that something useful came out of the acquisition last week. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 05:34:59 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1870 on: April 08, 2023, 04:03:32 PM »

8:  This is pretty straightforward, but really hits some nostalgic vibes for me, even though I don't think I've heard it before. 

11:  You used the Spotify similar artist radio station trick you threatened to do in an earlier round, didn't you?  :-) 

I'm definitely one of these three.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
3 ?

Offline Lethean

15?

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
2, 4, 12, 14?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1876 on: April 08, 2023, 07:02:52 PM »

11:  TAC - Innellea - You used the Spotify similar artist radio station trick you threatened to do in an earlier round, didn't you?  :-) 

:lol

I can't say I had any options in my Spotify Library for this round. I had to do a lot of...looking around. I literally wanted to chop my ears off. :lol

Still, I couldn't send something that I couldn't stand behind, and I kind of like my song. Just hoping not to do a complete nosedive in the standings.

Online SoundscapeMN

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
6, and [redacted] is saxohpone  :hat

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Round 8 Early Impressions:

1:  They're not kidding about the title, are they?  I was not anticipating that ending. 

2:  There some interesting textural parts here, but I'm not sure there's enough memorable melodic content for me. 

3:  I'm impressed at this artist's stylistic range, but years later, the vocals still aren't doing much for me. 

5:  Buddyhunter1 - IAMTHEKIDYOUKNOWWHATIMEAN - Yep, I see what you mean about the similarity.  It actually does a few things better than my song, though a few others not as well. 

6:  Crow - GUNSHIP - Wow, the layers, the dynamics, the [redacted], easily your best entry yet.  I don't know why I hadn't already listened to this dozens of times before. 

7:  I'm not sure the last minute or two are enough payoff.  It's on the subtle side for me, and it seemed to drag before the drums entered. 

9:  It seems like you probably read my writeup from last round and tried to fix what didn't work from the last song, but I'm not sure the different balance of elements worked on this one either.  It probably feels like trying to play Wac-A-Mole. 

10:  I love when opposite styles meet together, such as this being almost industrial pop, and what a fantastic arrangement of percussive elements. 

12:  This might be too happy for me, and I'm not sure I'm sold on the melody, but the last minute unexpectedly picks up steam, and the last half-minute definitely helps. 

13:  It became surprisingly more energetic in the last couple minutes, but the vocals there might be a bit repetitive, and despite the theme of this round, live drums might have suited it better. 

14:  Puppies_On_Acid - Slushii - I'm not sure whether this is a chopped up vocal sample or a synth patch, but it's a pretty intriguing sound. 

15:  That's some seriously cool-sounding bass thump.  I think this is the best thing you've sent yet. 

16:  This feels like an extended intro to another song, and though [redacted] certainly helps out, this might be too minimalistic for me. 

17:  I've always been surprised how rare true synth solos are in electronic music, so I'm glad to find one here. 

18:  I wasn't sure what to expect based on this artist's early work, so I was pleasantly surprised that something useful came out of the acquisition last week. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Still, I couldn't send something that I couldn't stand behind, and I kind of like my song.

If you like that one there's a truckload more you could learn to like.  In your own roulettes you've had growl and acoustic rounds, I think your next roulette needs an electronic round.   :coolio   I definitely have stuff that I'd bet you'd like more than you'd expect you would. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Still, I couldn't send something that I couldn't stand behind, and I kind of like my song.

If you like that one there's a truckload more you could learn to like.  In your own roulettes you've had growl and acoustic rounds, I think your next roulette needs an electronic round.   :coolio   I definitely have stuff that I'd bet you'd like more than you'd expect you would.

I most definitely do not need an Electronic Round! :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
You're telling me it'd be worse for you than your Winger round was?  :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You're telling me it'd be worse for you than your Winger round was?  :)

The only thing worse than that would be an Electronic Winger Round.

Online HOF

17?

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Surely 17.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
10 or 18?

Offline Tomislav95

13?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I think mine is 13.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni