Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 577216 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread
« Reply #6475 on: November 15, 2021, 06:57:41 PM »
Exactly 10 years ago and 6 days ago I started this thread.  That's insane.

Imagine celebrating your 10th wedding anniversary with this line, "Honey, Happy Anniversary 10 years and six days ago".

Instant divorce. :lol

10 years and six days since you became a softcock  :lol

Funny... I was just thinking earlier this morning "Brent hasn't posted in a few".  And... tada!  Good to 'see' you here mate.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6476 on: November 15, 2021, 06:59:45 PM »
Is she ok??

She's fine. She has been suffering hip issues for years and had an impingement in her right hip. She essentially had bone spurs that were scraping when her hip moved through the joint. Surgeon also found her labrum completely detached sans one part that had been stapled in place some 8 years ago when she had the same surgery on the same hip. She now has 6 more holding the labrum in place. Just been a long day. Up at 5am and at the hospital at 6am.

Is she ok??

She's fine. She has been suffering hip issues for years and had an impingement in her right hip. She essentially had bone spurs that were scraping when her hip moved through the joint. Surgeon also found her labrum completely detached sans one part that had been stapled in place some 8 years ago when she had the same surgery on the same hip. She now has 6 more holding the labrum in place. Just been a long day. Up at 5am and at the hospital at 6am.

Oh that must've been painful for her.

A few years ago, I also had bone spurs in one of my hips and there were some days it fucking killed. And there's nothing you can do..heat/cold...it's IN the joint bone on bone. For me, I think they ground themselves down.

I have an impingement in my right shoulder that also kills.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6477 on: November 15, 2021, 08:34:15 PM »
Yeah, I've heard bone spurs are brutal.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6478 on: November 16, 2021, 05:19:39 AM »
Exactly 10 years ago and 6 days ago I started this thread.  That's insane.

Imagine celebrating your 10th wedding anniversary with this line, "Honey, Happy Anniversary 10 years and six days ago".

Instant divorce. :lol

10 years and six days since you became a softcock  :lol

Funny... I was just thinking earlier this morning "Brent hasn't posted in a few".  And... tada!  Good to 'see' you here mate.

Hey Chad - thanks...........I do check in very briefly most days to see what you guys are up to but don't find myself with much to say for various reasons - one of which is I rarely get to listen to music and second of which is the musical content in Tim's roulette  :biggrin: .  I managed to whack on a YT hair metal playlist yesterday (first listen to anything much in ages - new DT aside) and that must've got me back in the groove and inspired the quality post above  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6479 on: November 16, 2021, 08:54:57 AM »
Is she ok??

Is she ok??

Oh that must've been painful for her.

A few years ago, I also had bone spurs in one of my hips and there were some days it fucking killed. And there's nothing you can do..heat/cold...it's IN the joint bone on bone. For me, I think they ground themselves down.

I have an impingement in my right shoulder that also kills.

Getting old is tons of fun. I'm 51 had 2 knee surgeries a few years back now I need a full left knee replacement. Just freakin' Awesome  :(

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6480 on: November 16, 2021, 12:00:59 PM »
Is she ok??

At first I was like, "why is he talking about his wife's labrum so cavalierly!?!"  then I read it again.  They've done wonders with hips in recent years.  I know of people that have had hip replacements (the sockets, not the old school where they cut the femur off) and been home THAT DAY.  Hope she's okay (and hope you know the joke was meant in good spirits).

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6481 on: November 17, 2021, 12:54:42 PM »
So the new Giant track is on YouTube. No Dann Huff - not Giant. Didn’t mind the song to be fair but to call it Giant because of the rhythm section is a bit of a stretch. I’m only listening on the tv and there’s no bottom end which is grating on the ears, but might just be my tv.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6482 on: November 17, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »
So the new Giant track is on YouTube. No Dann Huff - not Giant. Didn’t mind the song to be fair but to call it Giant because of the rhythm section is a bit of a stretch. I’m only listening on the tv and there’s no bottom end which is grating on the ears, but might just be my tv.

They already did an album under the Giant title years ago without Dan Huff.  Haven't checked that but the last incarnation had Terry Brock and Jon Roth.  The album was average but had a few good melodic rock songs in there.  Not enough to save it though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6483 on: November 17, 2021, 01:08:38 PM »
Uli Jon Roth??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6484 on: November 17, 2021, 01:09:50 PM »
Uli Jon Roth??

Nope, the Winger Jon Roth.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #6486 on: November 17, 2021, 01:37:24 PM »

They already did an album under the Giant title years ago without Dan Huff.  Haven't checked that but the last incarnation had Terry Brock and Jon Roth.  The album was average but had a few good melodic rock songs in there.  Not enough to save it though.

What is Dann Huff doing these days? That first Giant record is a melodic rock masterpiece imo.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6487 on: November 17, 2021, 03:12:04 PM »
Is she ok??

At first I was like, "why is he talking about his wife's labrum so cavalierly!?!"  then I read it again.  They've done wonders with hips in recent years.  I know of people that have had hip replacements (the sockets, not the old school where they cut the femur off) and been home THAT DAY.  Hope she's okay (and hope you know the joke was meant in good spirits).

Eh, I'm a pro at this now. My son has had both hips operated on for impingement and labrum detachment before the age of 18 and this was my wife's second now. She's already been told she will need both hips replaced. They won't do it because she is too young.

No need to worry about jokes. That's usually how I handle tense situations.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6488 on: November 17, 2021, 03:22:20 PM »
Uli Jon Roth??

Nope, the Winger Jon Roth.  :lol

:lol

John Roth is the other guitarist who replaced Paul Taylor.  He wasn't on those first two albums so you can cut him some slack.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6489 on: November 17, 2021, 05:05:29 PM »
It sounds like Brazen Abbot with Thomas Vikstrom...........okay I guess but nothing like Giant apart from the lead guitar tone which he has obviously taken from Dann's effects patches.

What is Dann Huff doing these days? That first Giant record is a melodic rock masterpiece imo.

producing mega-albums in Nashville and earning a tiny bit more than he would keeping Giant alive :(   It's sad he didn't do more but Giant arrived at exactly the wrong time.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6490 on: November 18, 2021, 10:27:26 AM »
It sounds like Brazen Abbot with Thomas Vikstrom...........okay I guess but nothing like Giant apart from the lead guitar tone which he has obviously taken from Dann's effects patches.

producing mega-albums in Nashville and earning a tiny bit more than he would keeping Giant alive :(   It's sad he didn't do more but Giant arrived at exactly the wrong time.

Yeah, this. Modest sales or mega hits? Not much of a choice.
He had a great voice on album - not as good live. Stellar guitarist. Great songwriter. Yes that first Giant album is specia.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6491 on: November 18, 2021, 10:29:27 AM »
Got my ticket for FM next week at the little venue 30 miles from here. Looking forward to it. Haven’t seen them since th3 early 90s.

Girlschool and Alcatrazz (with Dougie) are on tomorrow but haven’t decided if I can be arsed to go yet.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #6492 on: November 18, 2021, 10:40:00 AM »

Yeah, this. Modest sales or mega hits? Not much of a choice.
He had a great voice on album - not as good live. Stellar guitarist. Great songwriter. Yes that first Giant album is specia.

I can undestand that, but it's still a shame.

I saw Giant in a small club when they toured the first record. Huff's playing was great and he sang well, but they were ear-splittingly loud.  :D
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6493 on: November 19, 2021, 06:40:41 PM »
Got my ticket for FM next week at the little venue 30 miles from here. Looking forward to it. Haven’t seen them since th3 early 90s.

Girlschool and Alcatrazz (with Dougie) are on tomorrow but haven’t decided if I can be arsed to go yet.

FM are class.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6494 on: November 19, 2021, 06:41:49 PM »

This fucking sucked.  John Roth rips though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6496 on: November 19, 2021, 07:30:42 PM »
Interesting song.  The melodies aren't immediate at all.  Magnus seems to be at least trying to shake up his songwriting lately which is cool.  I'll spin it a couple more times.  He literally plays the same solo every song now though.  :lol

Still love him.  :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6497 on: November 20, 2021, 06:08:03 AM »
Yeah, I saw that yesterday.  The Ferrymen have been enjoyable for me, but not something I've gone back to very often.  I'll still look forward to this when it drops in Feb.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6498 on: December 09, 2021, 02:35:09 PM »
Phew... just saved this from falling to page 3.  The shame!!!

Anyone listen to Creye II released earlier this year?  I just stumbled across it today (not sure how I missed it when it dropped in January).  Really nice (imo).  Solid... very solid - by Frontiers' standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdQQKDH3P9Y

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6499 on: December 09, 2021, 02:59:36 PM »
I dunno what Creye 1 is.  :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6500 on: December 09, 2021, 04:26:42 PM »
Its great to see another Ronnie Atkins solo album coming out in March considering his health issues. Loved his last album "One Shot"!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6501 on: December 10, 2021, 05:51:45 AM »

Creye is the band name... Creye II the album.  Check it out... I think you might dig it.  It's GOOD melodic rock.

Its great to see another Ronnie Atkins solo album coming out in March considering his health issues. Loved his last album "One Shot"!

Agreed.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6502 on: December 10, 2021, 10:42:45 AM »

Creye is the band name... Creye II the album.  Check it out... I think you might dig it.  It's GOOD melodic rock.

Agreed.

Creye is an excellent band!!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6503 on: December 11, 2021, 05:29:25 AM »
I'll have to make a note.  I still have this Rob guy Chad told me to check out yet.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6504 on: December 11, 2021, 03:56:01 PM »
I'll have to make a note.  I still have this Rob guy Chad told me to check out yet.

Robledo!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6505 on: December 11, 2021, 04:45:27 PM »

Robledo!

Great album! He’s also the singer of Sinner’s Blood.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6506 on: December 12, 2021, 03:47:02 AM »
It's incredible that I created this thread and now I haven't got a damn clue who any of these people are these days.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6507 on: December 12, 2021, 09:53:24 AM »
It's incredible that I created this thread and now I haven't got a damn clue who any of these people are these days.

Cut yourself a break because Frontiers releases between 6 to 8 releases every month and lately added  a lot of new bands/artists to their roster.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #6508 on: December 12, 2021, 09:55:11 AM »
The worst part about Heart Healer is the lyrics. The singing and music is good, but the lyrics and melodies aren't cutting it. It reminds me of Genius.

I've been listening to this a lot lately. The lyrics are still not the best, but I'm enjoying it a lot more now. Besides the lyrics, (which I can give a pass) my only other real gripe is that most of the songs use the same vocal melody phrasing. It's 3 notes. I know it's a concept album so maybe it could pass as a motif, but it just sounds like lazy writing.

The story reminds me of Pyramaze's Legend of the Bone Carver, which is a great album. Some could argue the lyrics are just as bad, and I might agree, but they do it better.

I'll give the album a 7 out of 10.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6509 on: December 12, 2021, 10:26:20 AM »
The worst part about Heart Healer is the lyrics. The singing and music is good, but the lyrics and melodies aren't cutting it. It reminds me of Genius.

I've been listening to this a lot lately. The lyrics are still not the best, but I'm enjoying it a lot more now. Besides the lyrics, (which I can give a pass) my only other real gripe is that most of the songs use the same vocal melody phrasing. It's 3 notes. I know it's a concept album so maybe it could pass as a motif, but it just sounds like lazy writing.

The story reminds me of Pyramaze's Legend of the Bone Carver, which is a great album. Some could argue the lyrics are just as bad, and I might agree, but they do it better.

I'll give the album a 7 out of 10.

The guitar is mixed too low which sucks because Magnus has an amazing tone. I do like the songs a lot though. Pyramaze Legend…. is a very catchy album, still listen to it. Nightmare records had some pretty kick ass releases. Small labels are disappearing as bands either go indie or sign with the “bigger” labels.