Author Topic: Spotify shows us that today it’s all about the singles and not albums ?  (Read 2891 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Spotify shows us that today it’s all about the singles and not albums ?
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »
Maybe I am just being picky,

You?? Nah....    :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2018, 08:30:13 PM »
Delicate is gonna end up being the most successful song off Reputation though I don't think it ever even broke the top 10

And this is good and right because Delicate is the best song on Reputation.

You have a funny way of spelling Don't Blame Me

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2018, 08:34:06 PM »
Delicate is gonna end up being the most successful song off Reputation though I don't think it ever even broke the top 10

I haven't listened to the album but it's the only song I've heard off it that I actually like, so

Offline 425

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2018, 08:39:15 PM »

I seriously, seriously debated whether it's actually Don't Blame Me. A very close second, I think.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2018, 02:26:17 AM »
What I notice (and this is completely unrelated to the post I quoted) is an increasing negativity towards these threads, though, and honestly can't see why.

I will agree with Parama:
I mean in this case as I've already said the premise literally isn't true so
Not agreeing with the guy is fine.

For me at least, it isn't about whether one agrees with him.  It is that he sets a premise or multiple premises that simply are not true, which makes the entire discussion pointless.  It's like a thread discussing the merits of releasing fluorocarbons into the atmosphere, but posing the question with the assumption that "fluorocarbons turn the sky an obnoxious shade or orange, and as we all know, orange is the favorite color of terrorists.  So what do you think about releasing fluorocarbons into the atmosphere?  Should the government regulate them?" 

Plenty of people on this forum were clamoring for him to be banned by the time he had posted half of dozen threads.  As I always do, I pointed out that he is not breaking any forum rules and is entitled to post what he likes, provided he does not break rules.  Yet, after many, many efforts to try to get him on track with the WAY he posts, he has ignored those efforts to guide him to the point that he is about an inch away from my patience running out and him being kicked off these boards.  So that should tell you something.

(I quoted only the above post, but all the other answers I got have merit)

Ok, now I see why and how some of you can get irked by WR's posting ways. I hope he sees it too and takes action in order to keep getting the answers and opinions he (I believe) honestly seeks without negativity attached.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2018, 02:44:06 AM »
What I notice (and this is completely unrelated to the post I quoted) is an increasing negativity towards these threads, though, and honestly can't see why.

For me at least, it isn't about whether one agrees with him.  It is that he sets a premise or multiple premises that simply are not true, which makes the entire discussion pointless.  It's like a thread discussing the merits of releasing fluorocarbons into the atmosphere, but posing the question with the assumption that "fluorocarbons turn the sky an obnoxious shade or orange, and as we all know, orange is the favorite color of terrorists.  So what do you think about releasing fluorocarbons into the atmosphere?  Should the government regulate them?" 

Plenty of people on this forum were clamoring for him to be banned by the time he had posted half of dozen threads.  As I always do, I pointed out that he is not breaking any forum rules and is entitled to post what he likes, provided he does not break rules.  Yet, after many, many efforts to try to get him on track with the WAY he posts, he has ignored those efforts to guide him to the point that he is about an inch away from my patience running out and him being kicked off these boards.  So that should tell you something.

Ok, now I see why and how some of you can get irked by WR's posting ways. I hope he sees it too and takes action in order to keep getting the answers and opinions he (I believe) honestly seeks without negativity attached.
I think the thing that bothers people most is also how many of these threads there are.

One solution, if he's up for it, is to have a single "WildRanger asks about music" thread where he can post these sorts of questions in one place. If he starts the thread, he could even update the title when he has a new question/observation so interested people can check it out.

Might get some good discussions going but without annoying people.

What do you say, WildRanger?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2018, 06:24:22 AM »

I seriously, seriously debated whether it's actually Don't Blame Me. A very close second, I think.

Fair, Delicate is also like my 3rd favorite for the album. Ready for It, I Did Something Bad, LWYMD, and New Year's Day are probably my other favorites from it. The whole thing's darn good tho

Offline DTA

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2018, 08:50:07 AM »

I'd rather have threads like this than a million and one roulette threads, as bizarre as the premises sometimes are.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2018, 09:25:52 AM »
Tool refused to be on Spotify.

So do I.

I guess Tool and I have something in common.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2018, 09:29:59 AM »

I'd rather have threads like this than a million and one roulette threads, as bizarre as the premises sometimes are.

well the roulette threads are fun and introduce people to tons of new music so  :loser:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2018, 09:33:38 AM »

Considering there are usually three roulette threads running, and depending on the schedules it can get up to six which it never does (not counting people who are just updating us on the albums they've got suggestions about), I don't see how that's a million. That sounds like a personal beef with the roulette threads.

This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2018, 11:11:31 AM »
Roulettes are arguably the best thing about the GMD side of DTF!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2018, 11:16:19 AM »
the only good thing, tbh

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2018, 11:25:10 AM »
Roulettes are the most consistently great thing. Periodically other great threads crop up. I love the 'guess the album cover' thread but it doesn't stay active enough  :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2018, 11:29:51 AM »

I think the thing that bothers people most is also how many of these threads there are.

One solution, if he's up for it, is to have a single "WildRanger asks about music" thread where he can post these sorts of questions in one place. If he starts the thread, he could even update the title when he has a new question/observation so interested people can check it out.

Might get some good discussions going but without annoying people.

What do you say, WildRanger?

I literally suggested the exact same thing months ago in multiple of his threads and considering all of that got ignored, I doubt it'll see the light this time.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey