Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488778 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2450 on: September 28, 2016, 10:07:28 AM »
TBoGT is probably the best dlc R* have produced. I wished they would do something similar with GTA V but apparently MP is all that matters for R* these days.

I've said this before, but I'd be 100% content if R* announced that the next GTA was going to be 100% online and that they were focussing all development resources toward that. The ability to complete a solo campaign could still be incorporated into the multiplayer world for those that really want it. GTA Online is arguably the greatest achievement (maybe top 5) in the history of gaming, especially on the latest gen consoles. I don't have the slightest desire to play any single player DLC, even if R* were to release it for free. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2451 on: September 28, 2016, 11:01:08 AM »
Eh, I'd still want a fully developed single player.  It's what made GTA, GTA and really important to many of the GTA players.  I get what you mean by incorporating the single player into the multiplayer, but there's no point in forcing that.  Some people would like to play without the internet.  Anyway, I definitely will have big expectations for the next iteration of GTA online, because it is really awesome and it's awesome how they are still adding content to it as well.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2452 on: September 28, 2016, 12:18:08 PM »
We need more modern games with fleshed-out single player modes. We need more modern games that are JUST single player. I miss when games like Half-Life 2 and Portal were the shit.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2453 on: September 28, 2016, 12:30:38 PM »
We need more modern games with fleshed-out single player modes. We need more modern games that are JUST single player. I miss when games like Half-Life 2 and Portal were the shit.

I personally don't like the movement towards everything being multiplayer.  Star Wars Battlefront was a huge letdown because of this and that game had so much potential for an amazing single player, even if it was nothing more than a basic shooter.  The graphics and universe were perfect. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2454 on: September 28, 2016, 01:29:33 PM »
TBoGT is probably the best dlc R* have produced. I wished they would do something similar with GTA V but apparently MP is all that matters for R* these days.

I've said this before, but I'd be 100% content if R* announced that the next GTA was going to be 100% online and that they were focussing all development resources toward that. The ability to complete a solo campaign could still be incorporated into the multiplayer world for those that really want it. GTA Online is arguably the greatest achievement (maybe top 5) in the history of gaming, especially on the latest gen consoles. I don't have the slightest desire to play any single player DLC, even if R* were to release it for free.
I do though and i'm not talking about offline mode or something like that, most SP games these days need internet connection for the game to be properly updated or for cloud storage anyway. I'm talking about a traditional story campaign SP or with COOP abilities, that's what I want which has nothing to do with MP. I enjoy GTA Online but more when i'm with friends however the loading times and connection issues we usually have is killing it for me but that's another topic.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2455 on: September 28, 2016, 01:31:52 PM »

I do though and i'm not talking about offline mode or something like that, most SP games these days need internet connection for the game to be properly updated or for cloud storage anyway. I'm talking about a traditional story campaign SP or with COOP abilities, that's what I want which has nothing to do with MP. I enjoy GTA Online but more when i'm with friends however the loading times and connection issues we usually have is killing it for me but that's another topic.

on PC?  I had those slow loading times on the PS3 which turned me off from GTA online but when I got it on PC it was much better.  Although the match making is sometimes really poor and shitty.  They definitely have a lot of room to improve in this area.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2456 on: September 28, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »

Yup.

" Sorry you can't play this game because you don't have internet "

FUCK. YOU.

Although some games you can still play without it being multiplayer. Need for Speed : Rivals was one. You *can* play it online but you don't have to.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2457 on: September 28, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »

on PC?  I had those slow loading times on the PS3 which turned me off from GTA online but when I got it on PC it was much better.  Although the match making is sometimes really poor and shitty.  They definitely have a lot of room to improve in this area.
Yes on PC and on SSD, never played on consoles but I guess everything is relative. :lol I guess it's more the amount of loading times though and yea the match making is one part of the problem.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2458 on: September 28, 2016, 02:02:39 PM »

Yes on PC and on SSD, never played on consoles but I guess everything is relative. :lol I guess it's more the amount of loading times though and yea the match making is one part of the problem.

I ignored GTA Online initially on the PS3 because of the instability and their database systems not committing insert statements. However, today on PS4, I have virtually no complaints whatsoever.

Offline adace

« Reply #2459 on: September 28, 2016, 11:02:59 PM »
Just started Witcher 3: Blood and Wine for the first time and WOW. Hearts of Stone was great but this is absolutely stunning. These guys must have put a mind-boggling amount of work into making this let alone the main game. :hefdaddy

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2460 on: September 29, 2016, 05:42:03 AM »
I'm 20 hours into Witcher 3 and I've barely scratched the surface.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2461 on: September 29, 2016, 06:53:30 AM »
I need to finish the main campaign. The problem when you take a break from a game like W3 is that you easily forget the story progress and you need some time to get fully immersed again which can be tough when you forgotten what choices you made in the last mission you did.
It's an awesome game though and the level of details they put into the map, characters, story and everything is astounding.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2462 on: September 29, 2016, 08:35:50 AM »
Yeah Blood and Wine really blows Hearts of Stone out of the water. The final boss fight is intense.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2463 on: September 29, 2016, 03:17:14 PM »
Witcher 3 is so incredible. So many things to do, its crazy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2464 on: September 30, 2016, 02:32:25 PM »
GTA 5 Online Tuners and Outlaws DLC Trailer

Yea it's fake but pretty well made. : )

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2465 on: September 30, 2016, 03:27:26 PM »
Speaking of GTA 5...someone used the game to remake the opening theme for one of my favorite game of all time. Interstate 76 (1997)

Man, I would literally pay $1,000 for a modern remake of that game.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2466 on: September 30, 2016, 03:58:21 PM »
I just got Trackmania Turbo for PS4. This game is insane, I love it

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2467 on: September 30, 2016, 04:58:39 PM »
I just got Trackmania Turbo for PS4. This game is insane, I love it
Played Trackmania 2 Canyon alot, had my eyes on this one but haven't gotten it yet. Really addictive game!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2468 on: September 30, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »
I'm playing Undertale, and still waiting for it to get good - it's been kinda boring so far tbh.
we all know you have no soul  :corn

srsly tho if you don't like the writing style you won't like the game and that's fine

I just loved the writing and the humor personally
I enjoy it, but I find lots of it cheesy or amateur-ish. Dunno, I only dig Sans out of all characters but don't really care for the rest. I can definitely see why tumblr wanked to this game tho  :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2469 on: September 30, 2016, 09:21:35 PM »
I decided that I finally want to try and play through my massive list of steam games, give every game an hot or so to see if I want to play longer.

First game was 10 Second Ninja and it's a hell of a lot of fun. Basically you have 10 seconds to clear the level of nazi robots. It's a fast game that really gets you hooked.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2470 on: October 01, 2016, 01:04:08 AM »
Are you going to go in alphabetical order? By the end of the year you might be up to B. :lol

Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2471 on: October 01, 2016, 01:25:11 AM »
10 Second Ninja is a cool concept but it's soooo shooort and the whole game can be speedrun in like, 2-3 minutes?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2472 on: October 01, 2016, 01:41:05 AM »
Sounds like a really short game for the price. The shorter games I've played recently have still taken about 3-4 hours for me to 100%, which isn't long, but they were varied with plenty of detail and story.
I still have a couple of games from Reaper to check out, including Magicka. Hopefully I prefer it to Bastion.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2473 on: October 01, 2016, 06:48:53 AM »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2474 on: October 01, 2016, 07:04:44 AM »
Are you going to go in alphabetical order? By the end of the year you might be up to B. :lol

Yea I am lol. I thought it'd be easy because I'm sure I have a bunch of games that just aren't good but well the first one is pretty good :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2475 on: October 03, 2016, 08:58:32 AM »
Now that I figured out exactly what's going on and how to play Deus Ex, I am really enjoying it.  I love discovering the hidden spots and sneaking around people... but then I also like going guns blazing too.   Which is why the game is so awesome.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2476 on: October 03, 2016, 09:04:44 AM »
So I just finished the Lost and Damned 100% yesterday.  The beach-based bike races were a BITCH.  Couple that with not being able to map the bat hits to the keyboard and it was REALLY irritating.

Started up TBoGT last night.  Looking forward to it, though I read about a helicopter mission that's apparently maddening to try to play on the PC.  Hopefully it'll be okay, though piloting copters in in IV is a little more difficult than it was in VC or SA.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2477 on: October 03, 2016, 09:06:49 AM »
I honestly didn't enjoy Lost and Damned that much due to the bike races and just riding bikes in general which is more difficult in general.  The positive is that I was significantly better at riding bikes by the time I was done.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2478 on: October 03, 2016, 09:10:56 AM »
I chose a Bati 800 for the races after having my ass handed to me using a Hexer.  You had to be real careful not to get out of control, especially in the sand, but it was great on straightaways, since if you're in the lead, you can get some good distance on everyone else.  The final raid on the prison was cool, but a tough mission, either way.  Overall, I did think it was a pretty cool story.  Nice to see Billy get what he deserved.  Fucker.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2479 on: October 04, 2016, 11:12:56 AM »
Just started Red Dead Redemption again. Easily on of my top 5 games of all time. Hopefully they make another one.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #2480 on: October 05, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »
Ended up with a digital copy of the Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition that I'm looking to sell, if anyone here is interested let me know! They're worth $100, make me an offer  :tup  I believe this also gives early access to the game starting friday instead of next tuesday, but I'm not positive

Offline adace

« Reply #2481 on: October 06, 2016, 12:58:51 AM »
1 more day until Mafia 3. Can't wait!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2482 on: October 07, 2016, 11:26:19 AM »
Thinking about getting a Batman game.  Arkham Night or Telltale Series?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2483 on: October 07, 2016, 01:36:10 PM »
Arkham Knight

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2484 on: October 07, 2016, 01:38:28 PM »
Havent played the telltale batman game but the Arkham series is amazing and highly recommended.