Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488797 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2415 on: September 13, 2016, 10:11:40 PM »
Nice one, WoW.

Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2416 on: September 15, 2016, 07:24:52 AM »
So Star Wars Battlefront is super cheap now but I've heard mixed things about it. Anyone here play it?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2417 on: September 15, 2016, 07:58:33 AM »
I only played the beta. It's a gorgeous game that I thought was really fun, I didn't buy it simply because I was too busy at the time and none of my friends were going to play it.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2418 on: September 15, 2016, 09:43:08 AM »
Star Wars Battlefront II is far superior.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2419 on: September 16, 2016, 06:56:36 AM »
So yesterday I fired up Dark Souls 3. I've never played any of the souls games but holy shit it's hard. I quickly learnt that I cannot go guns (swords) blazing in there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2420 on: September 16, 2016, 09:08:15 AM »
So Star Wars Battlefront is super cheap now but I've heard mixed things about it. Anyone here play it?

Amazing graphics and a fun online shooter but it's pretty limited. I enjoyed it but if you want a shooter game I'd wait for BF1. I feel like I got bored after 10 hours of online play with Star Wars BF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2421 on: September 16, 2016, 11:32:29 AM »
That reminds me that I can't wait for BF1. I think I put 10 hours into that beta map alone.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2422 on: September 16, 2016, 12:01:30 PM »

Amazing graphics and a fun online shooter but it's pretty limited. I enjoyed it but if you want a shooter game I'd wait for BF1. I feel like I got bored after 10 hours of online play with Star Wars BF.

I'm a huge star wars fan and don't care too much about multiplayer. If it's fun I'll get it.  It's $18 on amazon right now.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2423 on: September 16, 2016, 12:18:44 PM »

I'm a huge star wars fan and don't care too much about multiplayer. If it's fun I'll get it.  It's $18 on amazon right now.

Dont care about multiplayer? DONT GET IT.  There is no single player  :lol  Another reason why the game is so limited.  With those graphics in the star wars universe, there was so much potential for an amazing single player game.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2424 on: September 16, 2016, 12:33:08 PM »
Well, let me rephrase. I don't typically care about multiplayer when there is a story. Knowing there isn't a story I could probably over look that. I enjoyed Destiny for what it was even with a weak story. I may just wait for the inevitable grand-master edition where they include all of the DLC. Of course by then the sequel will probably be out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2425 on: September 16, 2016, 12:55:20 PM »
Well, let me rephrase. I don't typically care about multiplayer when there is a story. Knowing there isn't a story I could probably over look that. I enjoyed Destiny for what it was even with a weak story. I may just wait for the inevitable grand-master edition where they include all of the DLC. Of course by then the sequel will probably be out.

It's strictly a FPS online multiplayer.  Not like Destiny at all.  More closely related to Call of Duty in Star Wars universe minus the single player story.

Offline adace

« Reply #2426 on: September 16, 2016, 01:25:47 PM »
So I just started playing Recore. The reviews had me worried about load times but fortunately they're pretty decent. The graphics are kinda subpar though, especially when it comes to character faces and pop-in textures. Story is paper thin. Overall though, it's a pretty addictive and fun game. Nothing groundbreaking but a solid game for sure.

Edit: My game's officially broken. I'm stuck in one section because the game glitched and won't let me progress. :tdwn
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:41:20 AM by adace »

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2427 on: September 22, 2016, 08:48:46 AM »
There is a new game play video for Dishonored 2. It's got me so hyped to play, I can barely stand it. There are some spoiled plot elements in the video, so don't watch it if you are avoiding spoilers.

BTW, it's really cool to watch while listening to Death "Human" album.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2428 on: September 22, 2016, 05:50:13 PM »
Gah, I can't decide whether to watch it. On one hand, I desperately want to see it, but I also don't want to be spoiled. Are the spoilers major?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2429 on: September 22, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »
I've never played Dishonored but what is the game like?

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2430 on: September 23, 2016, 01:18:42 AM »
Looks cool, I tried the first game some time ago but it felt a bit dated so I never finished it.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2431 on: September 23, 2016, 02:32:57 AM »
I've never played Dishonored but what is the game like?

Dishonored is pretty awesome. You play the Royal Protector in a fictitious kingdom called Dunwall which is like a steampunk version of Victorian London, I guess? Anyway, you've been framed for the murder of the Empress and you have to escape and take down the conspiracy that has taken over the throne.

Not the most original story, but the world-building is incredibly extensive, there's tons of ways to play the whole thing with many side missions that have an impact on that main mission down the line, different possible powers that you can acquire and tons of real consequences to either killing everyone or playing completely non-lethally or something in the middle. It also adds two DLCs which offer an interesting insight into one of the antagonists of the first part and they flesh out the world even further with some great tie-ins to the main game.

Definitely one of my favourite games of all time, I can strongly recommend you the game.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2432 on: September 23, 2016, 07:07:29 AM »
Gah, I can't decide whether to watch it. On one hand, I desperately want to see it, but I also don't want to be spoiled. Are the spoilers major?

Scorp.

It definitely spoils some of the powers and potential power combos for both player characters. If you pay attention to the environment, there are some plot spoilers.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2433 on: September 24, 2016, 07:05:21 AM »
Ok so I have a problem buying steam games, humble bundles and going crazy on steam sales so I have a few games that I already own that I want to give away if anyone is interested. All these games are steam games so you must have steam to install them. Please pm with the game you want and I'll gladly send it over:

Antichamber - gone
Rocket League (This game is a blast I can attest to it, so can blob)- gone
The Forest (This is probably the best EA access game out that is zombie survival, if you like Rust or DayZ you'll love this) - gone
SOMA - gone
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Cities In Motion 2
Orcs Must Die!
Orcs Must Die 2
Sanctum - gone
Sanctum 2 (1 copies)
Natural Selection 2 (3 copies)

Anyway let me know if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:20:30 AM by ReaperKK »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2434 on: September 24, 2016, 07:21:01 AM »
I will attest to Rocket League being awesome. There should be a rule that whoever gets that game has to play it with us. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2435 on: September 24, 2016, 07:24:53 AM »
yea I think that is a good point blob

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2436 on: September 25, 2016, 02:53:45 PM »
I'm playing Undertale, and still waiting for it to get good - it's been kinda boring so far tbh.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2437 on: September 25, 2016, 02:55:28 PM »
I never played it but a lot of people said that right around the 2 hour mark it gets good.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2438 on: September 26, 2016, 08:29:27 AM »
Got the new Deus Ex and am honestly struggling with it.  I find it very difficult to understand what I am doing.  I don't recall the last one being this difficult.  It has it's moments of awesomeness and then I feel like I spend an hour struggling.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2439 on: September 26, 2016, 08:31:18 AM »
Finally bought The Crew for PS4. I got some special edition that came with all the expansions on sale for like $23. I've wanted to try this game since the PS4 launched. It's pretty shit.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2440 on: September 26, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »
I'm playing Undertale, and still waiting for it to get good - it's been kinda boring so far tbh.
we all know you have no soul  :corn

srsly tho if you don't like the writing style you won't like the game and that's fine

I just loved the writing and the humor personally

Offline adace

« Reply #2441 on: September 27, 2016, 11:34:10 PM »
The new single-player trailer for Battlefield 1 is absolutely jaw-dropping. I haven't been this excited for an FPS in a long, long time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=110&v=C-vAxVh8ins

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2442 on: September 28, 2016, 07:09:43 AM »
Just completed GTA 4 on the PC this week.  Yes, I'm behind times.  Bummed that it's over, but I snagged ELFC and just got started on TLAD.  Pretty cool so far.

So, back to this, now that summertime shit is slowing down, I've revisited this.  I only have a couple of missions left, then it's on to TBoGT.  I may actually attempt to get 100% completion on TLAD first though, as the only thing left is a few of the friend activities and the bike races, I believe.  I did up 50 gang wars to get the respawning weapons and man, was that tough.  Great story, I've been enjoying it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2443 on: September 28, 2016, 09:28:53 AM »
Just completed GTA 4 on the PC this week.  Yes, I'm behind times.  Bummed that it's over, but I snagged ELFC and just got started on TLAD.  Pretty cool so far.

So, back to this, now that summertime shit is slowing down, I've revisited this.  I only have a couple of missions left, then it's on to TBoGT.  I may actually attempt to get 100% completion on TLAD first though, as the only thing left is a few of the friend activities and the bike races, I believe.  I did up 50 gang wars to get the respawning weapons and man, was that tough.  Great story, I've been enjoying it.

TBoGT may be the greatest thing GTA has ever done IMO.  Some of the most fun missions and pushed the limit of what GTA4 was capable of.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2444 on: September 28, 2016, 09:30:34 AM »
I pre-ordered XCom 2 for the PS4 yesterday, it's released this Friday :metal
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2445 on: September 28, 2016, 09:37:34 AM »
I just spent a few hours playing FEZ for the first time. A great game mechanic, and a really fun game overall, until it gets to the point of being so damn esoteric that it's impossible to do anything without a walkthrough, and even then it's a frustrating chore at times.
By about halfway it becomes "press this random sequence of buttons at this specific location that you're supposed to decipher yourself from some random pattern on a wall that somehow you're expected to recognize is a code at all despite us giving you absolutely no indicator of it being more than a random object and then decipher it despite us giving you absolutely no method to do so". Blah.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2446 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:32 AM »
I think I bought that game a few years ago but I've never played it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2447 on: September 28, 2016, 09:47:25 AM »
TBoGT may be the greatest thing GTA has ever done IMO.  Some of the most fun missions and pushed the limit of what GTA4 was capable of.

I'm quite looking forward to it.

I pre-ordered XCom 2 for the PS4 yesterday, it's released this Friday :metal

Somewhere, I still have the original DOS version of X-Com: UFO Defense, released in 1994.  What a great game that was.  Especially after they released cheat programs for it later on, to make laser rifles do max damage and such.  Defending terror sites was maddening, when UFOs were going around shooting up civilians when you couldn't see them yet.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2448 on: September 28, 2016, 10:00:57 AM »
TBoGT is probably the best dlc R* have produced. I wished they would do something similar with GTA V but apparently MP is all that matters for R* these days.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2449 on: September 28, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
I *REALLY* wish they would do a reboot of the Vice City landscape.  Not necessarily a re-release of the game, but even a new game IN Vice City, with an updated graphics engine.  God, that would be outstanding.