Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488794 times)

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #1995 on: February 26, 2016, 05:17:30 AM »
New Dark Souls 3 trailer is out today! Commence the hype, or nah?
I loved Bloodbourne so, so much but I've never been able to quite get into the Dark Souls games the same way. Maybe this one will be the one to change that?
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline j

« Reply #1996 on: February 26, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »

YES

-J

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #1997 on: February 26, 2016, 08:56:17 PM »
I hope they put out more DLC for MK8. It's such a landmark title in the series the way SMB3 was for Mario and MM2 was for Megaman so I have very little hope that MK9 will be as exciting. I think it can build upon 8's foundation and be a legitimately better game but part of what's made 8 be as incredible as it is is the fact that it's both a phenomenal game and also a ridiculous improvement on all other previous games in the series aside from Double Dash's cool teamup mode and 8's lack of a good battle mode.

I just see it as being some insurmountable task expecting 9 to be both great and distance itself from all prior entries. I just wanna get as much out of 8 before we move on and also another DLC pack (or two, the way they staggered the other one six months apart) can keep the online community way hype while they take as much time as necessary to make 9 a real gem.

I'm kind of bummed I missed out on 8. I played the heck out of MKWii. From everything I read and saw, MK8 refined the heck out of a lot, made it a bit more skill based  and so on. The blue shells added up to many cheap wins for the computer.

Nintendo fucked with the item distribution in 8; otherwise, it improved on MKWii in every way. In Wii, I could play one of two ways: fight for first the entire time, or purposefully do poorly on the first lap to exploit the items. The latter was a lot more fun, but is impossible in 8.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1998 on: March 02, 2016, 06:07:02 AM »
Anyone else play Rocket League?  I am late to the party for this game, but finally started enjoying it.  I play on PC and we have our own server in my house so we have mumble on it for voice chat while gaming.  I have been playing with my brother and a few of his friends, but the more the merrier.

With this new voice chat server I'd be open to playing other games like Battlefield if anyone ever wanted to play, I really want to get back into BF4 since it's probably still my favorite FPS multiplayer.

cramx3 on steam/origin

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1999 on: March 02, 2016, 07:04:30 AM »
I play Rocket League on PS4. I got it for free one month with PS+. I've bought multiple DLC packs just to support the developer. Outstanding game.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2000 on: March 02, 2016, 07:21:19 AM »
PS and PC can play together apparently.  I wish they would allow xbox players to play as well.  Really cool how it's multiplatform. 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2001 on: March 02, 2016, 07:23:04 AM »
I like the fact that it's quick. I don't get a whole lot of time to sit down and play campaign style games anymore. When I get home from work, I usually have about 30-45 minutes before Victoria gets home. I get 2 or 3 games in on this and get my gaming fix.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2002 on: March 02, 2016, 07:25:29 AM »
I like the fact that it's quick. I don't get a whole lot of time to sit down and play campaign style games anymore. When I get home from work, I usually have about 30-45 minutes before Victoria gets home. I get 2 or 3 games in on this and get my gaming fix.

That's why I love FPS games because you can get a quick fix from it without any commitment.  RL fills that as well, a headshot kill from a distance vs. scoring a goal is equally satisfying.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2003 on: March 02, 2016, 08:27:05 AM »

YES

-J

Hell yes. One of my favorite video game series of all time next to Final Fantasy and Breath of Fire. I am totally stoked for this game  :metal

For now I have Breath of Fire 3 to play on my Playstation vita  :tup I was pleasantly surprised to see it on PSN the other day and downloaded it immediately.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2004 on: March 02, 2016, 09:22:15 AM »
I want this to become a reality so badly...

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #2005 on: March 04, 2016, 02:38:58 AM »
So, today Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will be released! I`m pretty hyped, since I already preordered the Special Edition and I haven`t played the original which I already heard is fantastic, so I`m very excited to see what`s about the universal praise of the game.

BTW: Yesterday`s Nintendo Direct wasn`t exciting imo, only the announcement of Monster Hunter Generations (already released as Monster Hunter X in JP) and the release date for Star Fox Zero as well as Fire Emblem: Fates for Europe (!) were mentionable tbh.

EDIT: I know that at least black_floyd has the Special Edition New 3DS XL for FE:F, so I think I can ask the question here: Does the 3DS include the game? And if yes, which editions are included?
I actually really want to buy the 3DS, but I`m not sure if I can afford to both buy the 3DS and the Special Edition of the game, and if I have to choose, I`d definitely pick the game.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:45:28 AM by wizard of Thought »

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2006 on: March 04, 2016, 08:57:45 AM »
Hahaha I don't know why. Everytime I see Monster Hunter I keep thinking about Monster Rancher.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2007 on: March 05, 2016, 09:21:35 PM »
So, today Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will be released! I`m pretty hyped, since I already preordered the Special Edition and I haven`t played the original which I already heard is fantastic, so I`m very excited to see what`s about the universal praise of the game.

Identical experience here. I was a regular gamer from 1988-98 then fell back to being mostly a casual due to guitar shit and bar life devouring my discretionary income for many years and joust got back in the game 3 years ago. I'm mad stoked about it and preordered it myself and it arrived yesterday with the soundtrack CD too which I didn't even know was part of the deal. Very sweet indeed.

EDIT: I know that at least black_floyd has the Special Edition New 3DS XL for FE:F, so I think I can ask the question here: Does the 3DS include the game? And if yes, which editions are included?
I actually really want to buy the 3DS, but I`m not sure if I can afford to both buy the 3DS and the Special Edition of the game, and if I have to choose, I`d definitely pick the game.

Nah, no game is included but at least it doesn't cost as much as those that "included" games in the past. From what I saw in a few instances, they'd charge you like $220-230 and it'd only be ten bucks cheaper than buying both separately anyway.

Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2008 on: March 05, 2016, 09:22:16 PM »
So I've just finished Bioshock's Burial at Sea, since I wanted to play it in full but never had a chance until today. And...  :o holy shit, what a mindfuck.

This is possibly the darkest part of the whole trilogy. How it connected Infinite with the first Bioshock... wow, it just blew me away, everything. IT'S ALL A CIRCLE. Playing with Elizabeth was fucking tough but very worth it. I'm just at a loss for words, really - how could someone even comeup with something so intricate, smart, and beautiful, make it a AAA and release it... it's beyond me. Bioshock is definitely one of the best trilogy of games out there just for the writing alone. Ken Levine is my hero now.

Seriously, this is how you make a DLC  :hefdaddy

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #2009 on: March 07, 2016, 08:42:42 AM »

Identical experience here. I was a regular gamer from 1988-98 then fell back to being mostly a casual due to guitar shit and bar life devouring my discretionary income for many years and joust got back in the game 3 years ago. I'm mad stoked about it and preordered it myself and it arrived yesterday with the soundtrack CD too which I didn't even know was part of the deal. Very sweet indeed.

Nah, no game is included but at least it doesn't cost as much as those that "included" games in the past. From what I saw in a few instances, they'd charge you like $220-230 and it'd only be ten bucks cheaper than buying both separately anyway.

Regarding Twilight Princess HD:
Yes, the Soundtrack CD is nice, although I knew that was included (I mainly bought the Special Edition because of the CD).

Regarding the 3DS:
Good to hear it`s not that much more expensive, but anyways I`m not sure if I can afford to buy both the 3DS and the SE of the game (which is must-have for me) and so it will be a very close call for me if I will get the 3DS then (even though the L button on my old is broken and I should probably buy a new one due to that).

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2010 on: March 10, 2016, 11:11:08 AM »
Mirror's Edge Catalyst Developer Diary

Waited a long time for this so I can't wait to get my hands on it!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2011 on: March 11, 2016, 01:06:23 PM »
New Hitman comes out today, kind of...

They are doing it episodically. From what I've seen of this first episode, it looks awesome, but I think I want to wait for the full disc version which has everything all at once.

Offline The Astonished

« Reply #2012 on: March 15, 2016, 03:04:00 AM »
After watching a lot of vids from No Man's Sky yesterday, I gotta say that i'm looking forward to this game a lot! Started a new Bloodborne playthrough with focus on dex/tinge rifle spear, waiting for Dark Souls 3 in the meantime. This year should be good for ps4 owners, with Horizon Zero Dawn also coming out this year (hopefully!), and Final Fantasy XV.
Rise up, be counted, stand strong and unite!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2013 on: March 15, 2016, 03:34:11 AM »
No Man's Sky looks interesting. I do wonder if the tech will allow location saves meaning locations you visit will look the same when you come back. Completely procedural generated environments is a very interesting concept but if every location is random even when you backtrack I feel you will lose interest pretty quickly. We'll see though, will definitely get a copy anyway.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2014 on: March 19, 2016, 04:56:23 PM »
I have been messing with the trackmania turbo beta for PS4. I love it

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2015 on: March 30, 2016, 06:15:22 AM »
Mirror's Edge Catalyst Developer Diary – City and Narrative

Just like the first game the art style seems to be top notch.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2016 on: March 30, 2016, 06:23:55 AM »
Is the new Mirror's edge going to have VR support?

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #2017 on: April 02, 2016, 02:26:42 PM »
POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE WITCHER 3

So I just finished the first part of the main quest in Skellige, where Yennefer and Geralt examine the site of the magical cataclysm - how far into the main quest am I? I've put in a lot of hours playing gwent and trying to do all the "question marks" but have no real idea how far along in the game I am.

What a great game though.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2018 on: April 02, 2016, 07:07:11 PM »
The game is sorta divided into two halves, story wise, and you're coming up on the end of the first half.

That being said if you've been going out of your way to find everything and do sidequests the latter half will be much shorter, as not a lot of new stuff opens up at that point.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2019 on: April 03, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »
POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE WITCHER 3

So I just finished the first part of the main quest in Skellige, where Yennefer and Geralt examine the site of the magical cataclysm - how far into the main quest am I? I've put in a lot of hours playing gwent and trying to do all the "question marks" but have no real idea how far along in the game I am.

What a great game though.

I never played any Gwent.  Other than not being able to complete the Gwent side-quests, there's no tangible point to it in the game or main missions.  I did the ?s whenever I came by them, but didn't go out of my way to find/complete them all. 

What Genowyn said is right... I did complete almost all of the side-quests, and 1/2 of the treasure hunts before going into the final segment of the main story line.  In some regards you do have to, as level 28 (I think) is recommended for the final section of the main storyline.

I just finished the main storyline 2 weeks ago, and bought the Hearts of Stone expansion.  I'm a couple of missions in to that one.  Still loving this.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2020 on: April 03, 2016, 11:02:21 AM »
I loved playing Gwent. I know they had physical Gwent cards with the Collector's Edition or something like that, and I hope they release it as its own game at some point.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #2021 on: April 03, 2016, 08:09:25 PM »
I loved playing Gwent. I know they had physical Gwent cards with the Collector's Edition or something like that, and I hope they release it as its own game at some point.

Gwent's one of my favourite parts.  :lol

I'd love it if they released actual cards.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #2022 on: April 04, 2016, 06:33:47 AM »
Last week, I was looking for something to listen to and stumbled across a YouTube video called "A Thorough Look at Mass Effect". This inspired me to play Mass Effect 3 for the second time, and I poured close to ten hours into it this weekend. In my opinion, while the game starts off a little slow, the two main "galaxy unity quests" are pretty much perfect. The way the first geth mission starts, where you're walking in a broken spaceship in space while a battle rages on around you, is pretty genius.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2023 on: April 04, 2016, 08:09:17 AM »
So my high school buddy who lives in San Fran and has some game developer friends managed to get himself into the Division (literally)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/logan-rogue-division-agent/1100-6436339/

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2024 on: April 04, 2016, 09:19:42 AM »
Last week, I was looking for something to listen to and stumbled across a YouTube video called "A Thorough Look at Mass Effect". This inspired me to play Mass Effect 3 for the second time, and I poured close to ten hours into it this weekend. In my opinion, while the game starts off a little slow, the two main "galaxy unity quests" are pretty much perfect. The way the first geth mission starts, where you're walking in a broken spaceship in space while a battle rages on around you, is pretty genius.
Man I really have to play the ME games again. The whole experience was just so wonderful.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #2025 on: April 04, 2016, 05:58:57 PM »
Sorry, wrong thread. Nothing to see here.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2026 on: April 04, 2016, 07:19:58 PM »
Thanks, Sea Bass!
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2027 on: April 05, 2016, 02:16:12 AM »
Man I really have to play the ME games again. The whole experience was just so wonderful.
Sure was, I've done it twice! All three games, that is. And even though I'd love to do it a third time, it's just so time consuming and I want to experience other games. :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #2028 on: April 11, 2016, 07:30:11 AM »
Has anyone checked out Kingdom Hearts Unchained X? It's brilliant. Surprisingly good for a mobile game.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2029 on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:47 AM »
For those who loved the original and sequels, Ratchet and Clank is out today (PS4). It's a reimagining of the origin story based on the feature film which is based off the original game. Much more than a simple remaster and includes a lot of new content as well as fan favorites from the entire series. Mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday, but early press is positive.