Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 488750 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #1855 on: January 01, 2016, 09:47:59 AM »
Picked up Witcher 3 and I like it a lot. A very deep and involved game and its very appreciated.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1856 on: January 01, 2016, 04:35:14 PM »
Does anybody know if the Game of Thrones telltale game series contains spoilers for the unreleased books?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1857 on: January 01, 2016, 07:44:16 PM »
Does anybody know if the Game of Thrones telltale game series contains spoilers for the unreleased books?

Never played them but thought they were based around characters not in the books but the book characters make appearances and what not. I don't believe it spoils much of the book/shows let alone the unreleased books, the show will start spoiling that.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1858 on: January 01, 2016, 10:09:00 PM »
It was okay, imo. I would have liked it better if taking out the captains and stuff had a more permanent impact. I did pretty much everything but then I just stopped playing :lol

...my name is Araragi.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1859 on: January 02, 2016, 09:29:58 AM »
The only 2015 games I've played are Yoshi's wooly world and Mario kart 8. They are both good.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1860 on: January 02, 2016, 09:40:10 AM »
It doesn't, it's completely based on the TV show. Takes place in and around the end of s3 and beginning of s4.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1861 on: January 04, 2016, 09:02:53 AM »
I think I'm pretty close to finishing my obsession with Dishonored. Only one achievement left that I care to go for...finish the game on High Chaos.

I'm eyeballing Shadow of Mordor as my next game to play. Can anyone confirm this as a good choice or talk me out of it?

P.S. I only play PC games. Not because I'm an elitist but because I'm rubbish with controllers.

I'm also curious as to people's opinions on Shadow of Mordor.

It's pretty fun for the action, but the story gets a bit dull after a while. The last boss fight is pretty anti-climactic too.

I'd recommend it getting it during a sale. It usually comes up for 15-17 dollars, and that's pretty good value for what you get.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1862 on: January 04, 2016, 09:05:21 AM »
Found Far Cry 4 on sale for $15 over the weekend and bought it. First game I've purchased since GTA-V came out on PS3 (I don't count buying it again on PS4). I like it a lot, but it's literally the exact same game as Far Cry 3. I would have been pretty pissed if I shelled out $60 for it.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1863 on: January 04, 2016, 09:07:22 AM »
I don't think I played one new game in 2015. . . Maybe The Crew and Alien Isolation.

I've been playing mostly Final Fantasy 7 HD and 10 HD.

looking forward to XV and 9 HD.

:)

Offline adace

« Reply #1864 on: January 04, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »
Not sure if people usually discuss mobile games in this thread but I recently played one called The Room and it was absolutely amazing, one of the best puzzle games I've ever played. Same with The Room 2. Can't wait until they release The Room 3 for Android next week!

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1865 on: January 05, 2016, 12:30:12 AM »
I don't think I played one new game in 2015. . . Maybe The Crew and Alien Isolation.

I've been playing mostly Final Fantasy 7 HD and 10 HD.

looking forward to XV and 9 HD.

:)

That's unfortunate, a few really great games came out last year.

Speaking of, who wants to post top 5s? I do!

1) Undertale (by a huge margin)
2) Witcher III
3) Life is Strange
4) Super Mario Maker
5) Fallout 4

Some games I liked that didn't make the cut: Batman Arkham Knight, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

Some games I didn't like so much but did play: MGSV, Tales of Zestiria.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1866 on: January 05, 2016, 11:06:38 AM »
I want to as well! But not in any particular order:

- Bloodbourne (even though I STILL haven't gotten very far. :lol )
- The Witcher 3
- Life is Strange
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Metal Gear Solid V (yeah yeah, story sucked, but gameplay wise I still loved it)
- Until Dawn

On my to play-list: Fallout 4, Undertale, Pillars of Eternity
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1867 on: January 05, 2016, 10:49:57 PM »
I just finished playing Undertale, and have been crying my eyes out for the past 30 minutes
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1868 on: January 06, 2016, 12:51:17 AM »
I just finished playing Undertale, and have been crying my eyes out for the past 30 minutes

Did you go back to the very first room of the game (in the ruins)? If not, there's someone there you can have an interesting conversation with.

Also seriously people this is why it's my GOTY. No game I have ever played has had such feels. Mother 3 got close. Shadow of the Colossus got close. Undertale did it.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1869 on: January 06, 2016, 12:55:20 AM »
Did you go back to the very first room of the game (in the ruins)? If not, there's someone there you can have an interesting conversation with.

yes

:'(
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1870 on: January 06, 2016, 08:20:37 AM »
I don't know if I can make a top 5 but Witcher 3 was the best game I played last year by a huge margin.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline TL

« Reply #1871 on: January 06, 2016, 11:12:46 AM »
I'd have to give it some thought, and still have to finish a few games, before making anything resembling a list;

That said, my favorite game of 2015 is probably Kerbal Space Program.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1872 on: January 06, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
I will admit, I don't play enough new games in a year to make any long list. That said, the GotY is a clear and easy choice for me, and that's Witcher III.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1873 on: January 06, 2016, 11:39:26 AM »
Seriously people spend the $10 and 6 hours to play Undertale :lol

Also if anyone is in the limited fandom crossover of both Undertale and JonTron, then Sensei Ultimate is the youtube channel for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKMqlVTK5a0

Probably the best one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9S4i356X98

Make sure you read the comments too.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:05:14 PM by Genowyn »

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1874 on: January 06, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »
Also I picked up The Talos Principle off Steam when it was on sale. This game is great.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1875 on: January 06, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »
LOVING the the new Tomb Raider game. Even better than the last one. Both of these games are top 10 all time for me. Gorgeous graphics and most importantly it's fun to play.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1876 on: January 06, 2016, 02:31:55 PM »
LOVING the the new Tomb Raider game. Even better than the last one. Both of these games are top 10 all time for me. Gorgeous graphics and most importantly it's fun to play.

Cant wait for this to make it to PC.  Loved the first one so much.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1877 on: January 06, 2016, 05:21:59 PM »
about 6 hours into Witcher III, and enjoying it very much.  Very complex, engaging, and compelling story, which I love.  Gameplay isn't anything terribly unique... it's a nice mix of Assassin's Creed and the Batman franchises.  Loving it so far.  Game time is gonna slow down when I go back to work on Monday, but I'm trying to pack in as much as I can at the moment.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #1878 on: January 06, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »
Picked up Witcher 3 and I like it a lot. A very deep and involved game and its very appreciated.
2) Witcher III
I want to as well! But not in any particular order:

- Bloodbourne (even though I STILL haven't gotten very far. :lol )
- The Witcher 3
I don't know if I can make a top 5 but Witcher 3 was the best game I played last year by a huge margin.
I will admit, I don't play enough new games in a year to make any long list. That said, the GotY is a clear and easy choice for me, and that's Witcher III.

Alright, looks like I'm gonna have to get Witcher III then. :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1879 on: January 06, 2016, 07:06:35 PM »
That is one series I just do not get the hype... I don't necessarily dislike it, but I suppose the content of the game's story and characters just don't resonate with me in any way at all. That combined with my thoughts that the battle system and mechanics are nothing special at all (and in some cases sub par) makes it a disappointment to me. I get why it's so liked but if I don't care about the characters or what they're doing it's a moot point. If the game had a really interesting, intuitive and inventive draw gameplay wise it'd be different but it doesn't do anything new at all in that regard. Eh! No loss, just one of those things; if you can't connect with it, there's really nothing else to be done. I'm just glad I got to play it at my friend's before buying into the hype cause I'd be really pissed if I wasted that dough.

I'm replaying Dragon Quest IX and am loving this shit. I reaaaaaally hope that they localize DQXI. I'm thinking it's a good change now that DQVII/VIII 3DS remakes are coming. *prays to the Goddess*

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1880 on: January 06, 2016, 07:22:37 PM »
Bloodborne is my favorite game of 2015. I've played it through several times, got the platinum trophy and I am now about to finish the DLC which has been pretty damn challenging and fun. Can't wait for Dark Souls 3 this year  :metal

Offline Cable

« Reply #1881 on: January 06, 2016, 07:35:15 PM »

https://gamesdonequick.com

Most probably aren't interested in this. But it is a few days now into the biannual speed running marathon. I generally don't watch speed runs at all, nor Twitch streams, nor let plays. But I absolutely adore watching these people do this live with audience, and have loads of respect for their dedication. Most of my introduction into speed running was watching youtube clips uploaded from this marathons.

---

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1882 on: January 06, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »
This stream is fuckin dildos. It's buffered for 5 out of the last 6 minutes.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline j

« Reply #1883 on: January 06, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
Bloodborne is my favorite game of 2015. I've played it through several times, got the platinum trophy and I am now about to finish the DLC which has been pretty damn challenging and fun. Can't wait for Dark Souls 3 this year  :metal

Bloodborne and the Souls games don't get nearly enough love on these forums.  Best video games I've played in a long, long time.

-J

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1884 on: January 06, 2016, 08:41:34 PM »
This stream is fuckin dildos. It's buffered for 5 out of the last 6 minutes.

I swear to fucking god. The timing of the buffering is as close to trolling as something random could possibly be. Last race was completely lost to buffering. Down time featuring inane banter with neckbeards who lay even less pipe than I do runs almost flawlessly with less than 20 seconds of buffering during a 10-minute span. Then the stream goes down RIGHT AT THE FUCKING BEGINNING OF THE SECOND STRAIGHT RACE. FUCKIN DONE WITH THIS SHIT.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1885 on: January 06, 2016, 08:47:59 PM »

Bloodborne and the Souls games don't get nearly enough love on these forums.  Best video games I've played in a long, long time.

-J

It was such an incredible experience to play Bloodborne and the Souls games through for the first time. They're all easily in my top 10 favorite games of all time. If I had to pick one favorite it would be Dark Souls, although I would also consider it to be the most difficult and frustrating of the series  :lol

Offline adace

« Reply #1886 on: January 14, 2016, 02:34:24 AM »
Just finished The Room 3 for Android. Another brilliant entry in the series. I'm seriously amazed at the level of creativity Fireproof Games has. Hope there's another game in the works!

Offline TL

« Reply #1887 on: January 14, 2016, 08:02:50 AM »
Played the first episode of Life Is Strange.

I absolutely love this game so far! There's just something about the combination of the setting, the tone, the ensemble of characters.
Even its flaws just come off as endearing.

If the other episodes are at least as good, Hipster Teenage Girl Simulator may end up being one of my favorite games of 2015.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1888 on: January 14, 2016, 10:23:55 AM »
LiS just keeps getting better as it goes IMO, though a lot of people like episode 3 the best.

If you like it you should definitely play Undertale! :p

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1889 on: January 14, 2016, 11:35:35 AM »
i got the first chapter of Life is Strange via humble bundle but i'm gonna wait until i get the other chapters before playing it, i've heard good things about it, so