Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 342379 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2871 on: August 23, 2021, 03:14:22 PM »
Bam..and like that, he's gone again.

My 2nd fave movie of all time

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2872 on: August 23, 2021, 03:15:50 PM »
Bam..and like that, he's gone again.

My 2nd fave movie of all time

The Usual Suspects?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2873 on: August 23, 2021, 03:23:10 PM »
60!

I was literally just thinking yesterday, 'where the fuck has Gregg been??'

Lol, a Karl Stefanovic gif.  Now I've seen it all.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2874 on: August 23, 2021, 03:41:39 PM »
I watch that guy all the time on Youtube. He's hilarious.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2875 on: August 23, 2021, 04:01:00 PM »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2876 on: August 23, 2021, 05:58:42 PM »

Sometimes I find him amusing, but other times I want to kick him in the head.  It's complicated.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2877 on: August 23, 2021, 06:00:06 PM »

Sometimes I find him amusing, but other times I want to kick him in the head.  It's complicated.

Yeah, I can see that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2878 on: September 15, 2021, 02:35:26 PM »
Ain't this the truth.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2879 on: September 15, 2021, 02:39:01 PM »
I'm getting a colonoscopy tomorrow. I'm not old enough to meet the entry requirements for this thread, but I'm making myself an honorary member starting 22 minutes from now when I have to drink the first bottle of that poo inducer.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2880 on: September 15, 2021, 02:40:59 PM »
You'll be shittin purple through the eye of a needle by 10:30.   :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2881 on: September 15, 2021, 02:48:40 PM »
There's a song there somewhere.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2882 on: September 15, 2021, 02:53:06 PM »
I'd heard horror stories about the colonoscopy prep.  I took two days off of work; one for the op itself and the preceding day to spend on the toilet in agony.  Supposedly after all the solid matter is cleared out (first one or two trips), things continue in liquid format for the next several hours.  Diarrhea is easily one of my least-favorite experiences, so this sounded completely horrible.  I made sure I had plenty of cannibus on hand, to help ease the suffering to whatever small degree it could.

It was nothing.  Because this wasn't "normal" diarrhea brought on by some kind of bug or gastrointestinal issue, there was none of the accompanying distress and discomfort.  Just several trips to the can, shitting out liquid instead of solid for a few minutes, then back to watching TV or playing on the PC.  Completely painless.  Annoying for sure, but not the horrible experience I was expecting.  As far as I can tell, the magic formula they had me drink simply fooled my bowels into passing everything through the normally solid-only channel, and by around 4:00 in the afternoon, it was over.  Then I was hungry until after the op the next morning because I couldn't eat anything and was totally empty inside.  But that was actually the worst part, and hey, I've been hungry before so no big deal.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2883 on: September 15, 2021, 02:55:56 PM »

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2884 on: September 15, 2021, 02:56:58 PM »
There's a song there somewhere.

Eminem's already released it I think.  "shittin through needles all round me outside, round me outside, round me outside" 

No worries Chino... had my first one at 35 (family history) and it wasn't so bad.  Just make sure you have wet-ones around you at all times.  Toilet paper is not your friend.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2885 on: September 15, 2021, 03:01:43 PM »

The night before is worse than the actual procedure. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2886 on: September 15, 2021, 03:13:41 PM »
Yeah, once I got past being hungry the day before, I was fine.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2887 on: September 15, 2021, 03:21:53 PM »

The drink and the 3 hours of the bathroom was what I was talking about. Green water out of your ass begging it to stop.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2888 on: September 15, 2021, 03:54:27 PM »

The drink and the 3 hours of the bathroom was what I was talking about. Green water out of your ass begging it to stop.

I don't remember that, honestly.

I did have a sigmoidoscope once and I had to give myself an enema the night before.
I must've done a good job with it, because while the doctor was scoping me he kept saying how clean I was. Even called it "remarkable". :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2889 on: September 15, 2021, 04:01:52 PM »
 :lol

That drink makes you clean your bowels. I looked like Jeff Daniel's in Dumb & Dumber.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2890 on: September 15, 2021, 06:43:01 PM »
I had a huge breakfast the morning of the cleanse, and then a few packs of jello and a can or two of consomme soup - I didn't really have a lot of hunger.  Like Bob said, the cleansing wasn't painful, just a lot of trips.  Apparently my brother had a rough go of it though, he dehydrated himself so much he passed out and SIL took him to emerg.  Fuckin idiot.

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #2891 on: September 15, 2021, 08:07:23 PM »
Wait?! So there was a time when you weren't full of shit?    :D

I don't remember that, honestly.

I did have a sigmoidoscope once and I had to give myself an enema the night before.
I must've done a good job with it, because while the doctor was scoping me he kept saying how clean I was. Even called it "remarkable". :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2892 on: September 15, 2021, 08:11:44 PM »

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #2893 on: September 15, 2021, 08:34:57 PM »
That is disturbing.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2894 on: September 16, 2021, 05:19:00 AM »
Wait?! So there was a time when you weren't full of shit?    :D

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2895 on: September 16, 2021, 06:05:41 AM »
I'm 43 in November :)

But I have this saying if I start getting worried that " Imagine you were 95 years old and one day you woke up and magically you were 43 again. How amazing that would be..."

Some people would do anything to be 43 again. I need to stop settling for minimum wage jobs that kill me and do my depression zero favours.

I've had too many now.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2896 on: September 16, 2021, 10:37:30 AM »
I'm getting a colonoscopy tomorrow. I'm not old enough to meet the entry requirements for this thread, but I'm making myself an honorary member starting 22 minutes from now when I have to drink the first bottle of that poo inducer.

Who convinced you to get a roto-rooter job at age 32?  :lol :rollin :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2897 on: September 20, 2021, 05:53:07 AM »

A doctor.   

That whole procedure was a breeze. Maybe it's because I only consume 1400ish calories a day as it is, but cleaning me out was no problem. Getting knocked out for it was super weird. It was like someone snapped their fingers and I was teleported to a different place and time. The whole thing was instantaneous.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2898 on: September 20, 2021, 06:21:14 AM »
That whole procedure was a breeze. Maybe it's because I only consume 1400ish calories a day as it is, but cleaning me out was no problem. Getting knocked out for it was super weird. It was like someone snapped their fingers and I was teleported to a different place and time. The whole thing was instantaneous.

I had eye surgery when I was 16 and don't remember much of being knocked out.   I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 25 or 26 and remember the whole thing.  I was really nervous and told the doctor to let me know when he was knocking me out.   He's like "yeah, sure, don't worry, I'll let you know....just relax and count backward from 100."

Me:  100, 99.....ASLEEP.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2899 on: September 20, 2021, 06:46:18 AM »

I had eye surgery when I was 16 and don't remember much of being knocked out.   I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 25 or 26 and remember the whole thing.  I was really nervous and told the doctor to let me know when he was knocking me out.   He's like "yeah, sure, don't worry, I'll let you know....just relax and count backward from 100."

I had sinus surgery a few years ago and it was my first time going under and it was just like you guys mentioned. They told me "We're going to give you some oxygen" and I said ok and boom nothing. What was interesting was that it wasn't like sleep, it just nothing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2900 on: September 20, 2021, 06:46:52 AM »

For my colonoscopy, I think I made it to 98.

They might as well say "count back from 4".   :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2901 on: September 20, 2021, 03:45:11 PM »
I don't think I even started counting.

I do remember the doc coming into the recovery room. He smiled and said, "All's good. See you in five years." He then handed me a snack sized Hershey bar.

I exclaimed, "Where'd you find that?!"

It's the only time I have ever seen that man smile.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2902 on: September 20, 2021, 04:01:43 PM »

A doctor.   

Why?  Are you high risk?  Most doctors don't recommend it until at least age 50.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2903 on: September 21, 2021, 05:09:31 AM »
I have a colonoscopy coming up 2nd week of October.  My ONLY plus of having an Esophagectomy is I qualify for the low volume prep for a colonoscopy.  So no drinking a gallon of crud!!!!!   :metal

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2904 on: September 21, 2021, 06:44:55 AM »
The other thing about that sleep - by the way, I'm not sure I made it to 99, and I was fighting it (I was scared, not going to lie) - was when I woke up, I was UP.  There was no grogginess, none of that "adjustment" like when you wake up from a normal sleep.   I can absolutely see why Michael Jackson would want to be pumped up with that shit if he couldn't sleep otherwise.