Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 353279 times)

Offline fadetoblackdude7

Maybe TA is not as literal as the emoji and it stands for “The Abduction” or “The Arrival”, etc… I’m getting super pumped about this album.

The Abduction is a really cool song title. I hope it’s that 👍

Offline geeeemo

All will be revealed July 28th!

https://fb.watch/6WH-OefS-v/

:metal

So assuming July 28th announcement, and maybe July 30th for a single with a late September or early October album release.

Ties in quite nicely with the 28th being the first full day of JP camp...Has anyone gone to one of these? The schedule has Rock n Roll shows each night....just thinking...

Offline Setlist Scotty

Maybe TA is not as literal as the emoji and it stands for “The Abduction” or “The Arrival”, etc… I’m getting super pumped about this album.
The Arrival was a very original movie about aliens and very deep.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115571/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3
While I enjoyed The Arrival as a somewhat cheesy but still fun movie, I wouldn't call it original or very deep!

Yes I realize you're speaking about the movie Arrival (no "the" in the title) with Jeremy Renner and Amy Adams - just gotta have a little fun with ya devieira73!
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline darkshade

The title of "A View From The Top Of The World" makes me think of this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdDW2CErekM

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
The Arrival was a very original movie about aliens and very deep.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115571/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3
While I enjoyed The Arrival as a somewhat cheesy but still fun movie, I wouldn't call it original or very deep!

Yes I realize you're speaking about the movie Arrival (no "the" in the title) with Jeremy Renner and Amy Adams - just gotta have a little fun with ya devieira73!

:lol :lol
I was thinking about this "Arrival" actually:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrival_(film)
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Invisible Monsters is a novel by Fight Club author Chuck Palahniuk about an ex-supermodel who has no jaw.

Offline lightbug

0:06 the guy typing on the keyboard WTF :lol

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Only now I’ve read it! :facepalm: :tup
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
Invisible Monsters is a novel by Fight Club author Chuck Palahniuk about an ex-supermodel who has no jaw.

My kinda lady
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline Bertie_Wooster

Maybe “a view from the top of the world”  is a nod to Eddie Van Halen after all he died
During the making of the album. VH has a song called “standing on top of the world”

Offline evilasiojr

I actually remember MM and JP (I think) commenting about VH's death right at the beginning of the writing sessions, and how heartbroken they were.

On a change of subjects, what if Noxon put some of those emojis just to throw us off? Like, some of them are real, but some are misleading us to the correct title of the song, just for trolling, idk.

Cause I was thinking, things like "Sleeping Giant" and "Answer the Call" really seem to go along with "A View From the Top of the World", which is pretty much confirmed. But "The Alien" or "The Abduction", "Alert something"? I don't know, just a thought...

Offline IDontNotDoThings

But "The Alien" or "The Abduction", "Alert something"? I don't know, just a thought...

I think that's just an issue with our guesses, not the post. :lol

I think The Arrival & Awaken The Monster sound a lot more DT-y
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni

It was actually the first book of his that i’ve read.

Most important: will they sell these red plastic look-through-thingies from the videos? I need one of those.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=viewmaster&ref=nb_sb_noss
Well, there they are, but of course I was aiming for official DT merch. I remember having a similar thing back in the days shaped like a tiny TV set, only you couldn't exchange the set of pictures.

Offline JRuless

Would be nice if the album is indeed based on a couple of tales and 1 view master disc per song / tale & a viewmaster along the album as a limited box feature. Functioning as the album booklet.

Offline evilasiojr

But "The Alien" or "The Abduction", "Alert something"? I don't know, just a thought...

I think that's just an issue with our guesses, not the post. :lol

I think The Arrival & Awaken The Monster sound a lot more DT-y

True

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Awaken The Monster sounds like something from Systematic Chaos. Like a cousin to The Dark Eternal Night.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
Awaken The Monster sounds like something from Systematic Chaos. Like a cousin to The Dark Eternal Night.
and a vampire emoji, Forsaken II ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Would be nice if the album is indeed based on a couple of tales and 1 view master disc per song / tale & a viewmaster along the album as a limited box feature. Functioning as the album booklet.

Now that is old school. I’m thinking of Alice Cooper’s Schools Out album where the album cover folded out to be a desk.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
So what do we think is the first single? I'm thinking ATC (Answer the Call)

Offline The Letter M

"Answering The Call" would be my guess, but IM or TT would be a good choice as well.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline dream75

In an interview on Prog Rock Digital, James said the US tour will start at the end of October  :metal

This means that DT15 will be released between late September and early October  :coolio

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
I guess not, because it has mostly been the usual IO strategy to have the opening piece of an album be the first piece of music we hear. If you remember, we were teased with Untethered Angel at the end of the first ARG in 2018 and that was the first piece we heard from D/T, so I guess TA will be the first single.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 07:34:03 AM by Max Kuehnau »
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline rab7

I guess not, because it has mostly been the usual IO strategy to have the opening piece of an album be the first piece of music we hear. If you remember, we were teased with Untethered Angel at the end of the first ARG in 2018 and that was the first piece we heard from D/T, so I guess TA will be the first single.

Not necessarily. For LTE3, the first single was The Passage of Time. Though we did get Hypersonic a little later.

On another note, personally I'd love if they only had one single instead of three. I don't want to hear almost half the album before it's even out

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

Not necessarily. For LTE3, the first single was The Passage of Time. Though we did get Hypersonic a little later.

On another note, personally I'd love if they only had one single instead of three. I don't want to hear almost half the album before it's even out

That was a big problem with Black Clouds. We heard AROP and I think Wither or ANTR before the album was out and it's only 6 tracks long. So you've already heard 33% of the entire album.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
Wither and Rite for BC/SL yes, because these two had videoclips for them.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
Simple solution; don't listen to any of the released tracks until you have the album as a whole...

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
Simple solution; don't listen to any of the released tracks until you have the album as a whole...
Lol who has time for self control?
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
People just don't have the time for music anymore.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

Lol who has time for self control?

Me! I actually haven't listened to any of the new NMB stuff. Waiting until it arrives in my mailbox!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline TM172003

I’d love to but that would require an insane amount of self-control.

Offline gzarruk

I’d love to but that would require an insane amount of self-control.

When a new DT single comes out, I usually listen to it 1000x for a few weeks :lol I feel your pain.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Setlist Scotty

True, altho the initial teaser we got (before the first single) was in fact an excerpt of Hypersonic.

That was a big problem with Black Clouds. We heard AROP and I think Wither or ANTR before the album was out and it's only 6 tracks long. So you've already heard 33% of the entire album.
I don't believe so - pretty sure only ARoP. MP only added ANtR to the setlists of the European warmup tour beginning on June 30, a week after BCaSL was released. Had it been released as a single before the album's release, then you can be sure it would've been featured in the setlists before the album's release, too. What you're probably thinking of are the different covers on the bonus CD that were released one each week up until the album's release.

Wither and Rite for BC/SL yes, because these two had videoclips for them.
Yes, Wither was released as a single, but later - IIRC the video wasn't released until 2010. The video didn't come out until December 2009, judging by when it was posted to YouTube.

You mean people should have self-control?!?!?!?  :omg:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Enigmachine

Eh, not really. That's kind of like saying if you've listened to Circumstances and The Trees, you've listened to half of Hemispheres. Wither (which we can probably disregard anyway, given that it wasn't a single until after the album's release) and A Rite of Passage were 13 minutes out of a 75 minute album where the other four tracks pretty much had the musical content of multiple "normal" songs. 5 and 19 minute songs aren't really equals in this context. Untethered Angel and Fall Into the Light actually take up much more time proportionally on Distance Over Time, especially with Paralyzed added in.

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
I'll probably only end up listening to just the first single anyway, but I wish there would be more restraint when it comes to releasing singles for albums with fewer songs. I'm guessing this is just dependent on the record label, but it just seems weird to me to release three singles from a seven-song album before the album releases. I remember when Haken released Virus, it did feel like I'd already listened to about half the album, since there were only four new songs I hadn't heard yet, and two of them were relatively short. At least in DT15's case, all the songs are somewhat long, so even if there's three singles again, at least there will still be a good amount of the album left in terms of the actual time length of the album. But ideally, I think there should only be two pre-release singles at most when it comes to albums with shorter amounts of songs.