Author Topic: Obama On Jon Stewart...  (Read 6535 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Re: Obama On Jon Stewart...
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 12:54:19 PM »
Obama has been in office two years now. He deserves at least a portion of the blame along with Bush. All this blaming Bush and leaving Obama unaccountable is bullshit and everyone knows it.

The problem is that, contrary to Tick's outrage, people are mainly blaming Obama for the current situation.  It seems like people have forgotten just how badly Bush fucked everything up.  I have my own reasons for disliking Obama which everybody here should be familiar with by now, but insofar as blame for the shattered economy goes, I tend to throw it at the person who caused it, not the person who hasn't been able to fix it yet. 

Every day I drive past 200 yard signs that say "had enough yet?  Vote Republican!"  What the fuck is wrong with these people? 

And by the way, while the majority of people are against Obamacare, you need to keep in mind that probably a third of them, myself included, are against it because it didn't go anywhere near far enough.  I'm opposed to the watered-down garbage that got passed due the need for compromise.  The notion that he forced upon us something that nobody wanted it disingenuous.  Lots of us wanted it and are against what passed.
I love how whenever I state my feelings on something, I'm outraged?
I am unhappy with the current state of the nation. I am not playing any blame game. I'm pointing out our current President is not going to make things better with the direction he is going. Two more years will only accentuate my point. Of course I'm sure it will still be on Bush.
 Both party's are to be held accountable for the mess were in. Both!
I just hate the typical, Bush fucked us all up, so its not Obama's fault he can't get it right. That's lame and that is the problem in general. No one will ever take  accountability for anything. Its always the other guys fault.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »
Well, Tick, when you start a thread blasting Obama, and say things in it like "We are worse off then we were when he took office but of course that is Bush's fault. Nice.", I'd say that you are playing the blame game, just like all the rest of us. 

And as for "I just hate the typical, Bush fucked us all up, so its not Obama's fault he can't get it right.", frankly there's a lot of validity to that.  I don't think it's anywhere near that cut and dry,  but ignoring the root cause of the problems just to lay into the follow-up hardly make you sound objective. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 01:35:12 PM »
Well, Tick, when you start a thread blasting Obama, and say things in it like "We are worse off then we were when he took office but of course that is Bush's fault. Nice.", I'd say that you are playing the blame game, just like all the rest of us. 

And as for "I just hate the typical, Bush fucked us all up, so its not Obama's fault he can't get it right.", frankly there's a lot of validity to that.  I don't think it's anywhere near that cut and dry,  but ignoring the root cause of the problems just to lay into the follow-up hardly make you sound objective. 
All I will say is if you read my opening post, it had nothing to do with Bush. Chino blamed Bush and I responded to him by saying its all Bush's fault, Nice.
He played the blame game, and I merely called him on it.
but your free to pin it on me if you wish.:tick2:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
Because it didn't include Bush is why I lump you into the blame-game category with the rest of us.  You didn't come out and say "boy, the last ten years have really screwed this country up!"  You said "Wow!  Obama sure does suck ass!  Look what he's done to this country."

For the record, I agree with you that he sucks ass.  I just think the examples most people cite for his suckiness are invalid. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »
Obama has been in office two years now. He deserves at least a portion of the blame along with Bush. All this blaming Bush and leaving Obama unaccountable is bullshit and everyone knows it.

Yup.  Bush started this whole mess.  Obama and congress have made it worse.  I'm really hesitant to vote for Republicans though because I don't agree with their social issues, and based on the actions of a conservative-dominated government from 2001-2008, I'm not sure if THEY'D do something that could fix this mess we're in.  Both administrations deserve blame.  Right now, based solely on the amount of time spent in office, Bush gets more of it in my book, but Obama's getting close.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 04:26:22 PM »
Nobody has any solutions to the problems they're (GOP) so fired up about, so I fail to see why anyone would vote for them over Democrats bases solely on these issues.

Might as well just blindfold yourself and push a button at random

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 04:29:53 PM »

Yup.  Bush started this whole mess.  Obama and congress have made it worse.  I'm really hesitant to vote for Republicans though because I don't agree with their social issues, and based on the actions of a conservative-dominated government from 2001-2008, I'm not sure if THEY'D do something that could fix this mess we're in.  Both administrations deserve blame.  Right now, based solely on the amount of time spent in office, Bush gets more of it in my book, but Obama's getting close.

The thing is, we are not sure if the things Obama has done to correct the economic problems havent helped.  There are economists on both sides of that issue, some saying he made tough choices and did what was necessary to avert a FAR more serious situation, and some say he will have us in debt forever.  There are only two facts....that Obama would be damned either way, by acting, or for inaction....and that we will never know what an alternative course of action/inaction would have produced.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 05:03:02 PM »

Yup.  Bush started this whole mess.  Obama and congress have made it worse.  I'm really hesitant to vote for Republicans though because I don't agree with their social issues, and based on the actions of a conservative-dominated government from 2001-2008, I'm not sure if THEY'D do something that could fix this mess we're in.  Both administrations deserve blame.  Right now, based solely on the amount of time spent in office, Bush gets more of it in my book, but Obama's getting close.

The thing is, we are not sure if the things Obama has done to correct the economic problems havent helped.  There are economists on both sides of that issue, some saying he made tough choices and did what was necessary to avert a FAR more serious situation, and some say he will have us in debt forever.  There are only two facts....that Obama would be damned either way, by acting, or for inaction....and that we will never know what an alternative course of action/inaction would have produced.

Absolutely correct.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »
I've seen the signs El Barto is talking about "Had enough? Vote Republican" and "O-ne B-ig A-ss M-istake A-merica, Vote Republican", had enough of your mom that's what I had enough of, who the fuck are they speaking to in that manner? who'd get provoked to actually be on their side after reading that? anyone other than the dumbasses who think bumper stickers are a great way to express political opinions?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 05:44:59 PM »
I've seen the signs El Barto is talking about "Had enough? Vote Republican" and "O-ne B-ig A-ss M-istake A-merica, Vote Republican", had enough of your mom that's what I had enough of, who the fuck are they speaking to in that manner? who'd get provoked to actually be on their side after reading that? anyone other than the dumbasses who think bumper stickers are a great way to express political opinions?

It seemed to me that in 08 many political campaigns were geared toward to "Had enough of the GOP fucking things up?  Vote for change in 08"
It is the same thing on both sides, and it is that retarded loyalty to a political party that assures nothing will ever get done in the best interest of our country and its people.  Hmmm....what a world it would be if we had no Rep/Dem.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline j

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »

It seemed to me that in 08 many political campaigns were geared toward to "Had enough of the GOP fucking things up?  Vote for change in 08"
It is the same thing on both sides, and it is that retarded loyalty to a political party that assures nothing will ever get done in the best interest of our country and its people.  Hmmm....what a world it would be if we had no Rep/Dem.

Absolutely.  But unfortunately, it seems that's the natural progression of a system of government like ours.  And IMO, just increasing the number of relevant political parties isn't really an improvement.

-J

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »
In my case, I was merely pointing out that all of these people seem to have forgotten that it was Republicans who were largely responsible for the "enough."  It just seems silly to me to expect them to be the answer.

Honestly, I think both sides are just scrambling to be the ones in power if things ever turn around.  Everybody wants to be the ones to say their side fixed it. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »

Yup.  Bush started this whole mess.  Obama and congress have made it worse. 

:tick2:

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »

What does that mean?

As a side note, I hear that Obama is going to be at Temple University tomorrow (my school). If this is true, as I can't find any info on it on the schools website, I'm going to go see him and hear what he has to say

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2010, 08:21:58 PM »
People need to blame the government as a whole instead of Dem vs. Reps.  I haven't liked what both Bush and Obama has done so far.  Government needs to tighten their belt first.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:14:00 AM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 07:31:46 AM »

What does that mean?

As a side note, I hear that Obama is going to be at Temple University tomorrow (my school). If this is true, as I can't find any info on it on the schools website, I'm going to go see him and hear what he has to say
It means I agree with the post I quoted. Duh?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 08:36:53 AM »
Who's worse, tick? The person who burns down the house? Or the one who fills the firehouses with kerosene? That really is what we're talking about here.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »
Who's worse, tick? The person who burns down the house? Or the one who fills the firehouses with kerosene? That really is what we're talking about here.
The thing is, you can't seem to criticize the president without people assuming your doing it cause you support the other side?
I think Bush put us in a world of trouble. I have not said otherwise. I just think Obama is not doing a good job. That does not make me a Bush fan.
Obama rushes everything he does to get shit done. Its like he just wants notches in his belt loop and to get things done for historical posterity.
The stimulus was an enormous waste of 900 billion dollars. Perhaps without rushing everything, it could have actually worked, at least a little?
His health care bill has some merit, but it was not ready to be passed, yet pass it he did.
He is arrogant in my opinion and he thinks he knows whats best for all of us. If we don't want something he pushes down our throats, too bad, you don't have a choice.
If people want to praise him, that's your prerogative but don't me me a bad guy cause I think he's a shitty president!
I am an independent voter, and have voted both democratic and republican.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 09:22:30 AM »
Great post Tick^

we all know why Obama rushed everything..HE HAD TO!!! once people were to catch onto his agenda which anyone who did any digging on who was funding Obama, they would know he only had this 2 year window to push through the disaster he has sadddled us with.. he has broken the USA and has spent us into the abyss..Look at Obamas cabinet and Czars..all complete radicals, who have NEVER had a job in the private sector..NONE OF THEM... Obama had no resume, he was made...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:39:09 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »

What does that mean?

It means I agree with the post I quoted. Duh?

I can't tell what the Tick means in reference to any post.

Normally I just kind of think of it as your 'signature' :P

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2010, 11:55:04 AM »
The thing is, you can't seem to criticize the president without people assuming your doing it cause you support the other side?
I think Bush put us in a world of trouble. I have not said otherwise. I just think Obama is not doing a good job. That does not make me a Bush fan.

Fair enough.  I'd say that part of the problem is that rather than providing reasons for disagreeing with Obama, you start "LOL Obama sucks!" threads.  When your posts lack real substance, then people are going to assume that you're just another O'reilly-inspired nutjob. 

Obama rushes everything he does to get shit done. Its like he just wants notches in his belt loop and to get things done for historical posterity.
The stimulus was an enormous waste of 900 billion dollars. Perhaps without rushing everything, it could have actually worked, at least a little?
His health care bill has some merit, but it was not ready to be passed, yet pass it he did.
He is arrogant in my opinion and he thinks he knows whats best for all of us. If we don't want something he pushes down our throats, too bad, you don't have a choice.

I don't really see this.  I have seen Obama catch shit for being too deliberative.   Remember when he was "re-evaluating" the war in Afghanistan?  The right went apeshit because he was taking the time to consider policy rather than just doing whatever was suggested. 

And as for forcing shit down our throats, I don't see that either.  Frankly, I wish he would have forced his original healthcare initiative.  I don't like the plan, but only because Congress turned it into shit.  This I can't blame on Obama.  This is a function of a democratic system that just doesn't work.  I don't think any politician could enact something particularly good anymore.  They'll call it good because both sides agree with it, but both sides will only agree when they each get their own bullshit inserted into it.

Like I said earlier, I don' like Obama much more than you do.  I just think that some of the popular reasoning is off base. 
E.F. Benson