Author Topic: NFL 2024 season - v. Greatest Pats...and 31 other cool teams  (Read 5570 times)

gmillerdrake and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: NFL 2024 season - v. Greatest Pats...and 31 other cool teams
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2024, 09:15:14 AM »
So...is Bo Nix any good?  At least likely to be better than Zach Wilson?  His numbers in the minors last year look pretty good, but that doesn't mean it will translate.
Yes.  I think he's pro-ready.  Maybe not "start game 1" ready, but that wouldn't surprise me, either.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2024, 12:07:52 PM »
Couldn't watch more than five picks in the draft.  Dislike most of it. They have the worst fans of all time in the front row (I can't for the life of me fathom how they get 150,000 people to show up for that), and Roger Goodell trying to be a gangster and clasping hands and hugging each of the picks makes me nauseous.  I get it, it's a me problem and I own it.

You aren't the only one who finds it unwatchable.  I think the whole thing is really interesting how it works and the behind close doors deals and the excitement.... but none of that translates to good TV for me. Let alone how you actually want to be there in person.

Online faizoff

« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2024, 10:37:24 PM »
Anyone watch the Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix? I rolled my eyes when they announced it and said Kevin Hart was going to host. I wanted to check the first few mins and holy shit this is brutal, loll I ended up watching an hour because it was relentless. Who knew Drew Bledsoe could do a comic standup bit. Nikki Glaser just killed it, and Kevin Hart so far has actually been funny. Randy Moss was the only dud so far, though I don't blame him.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #318 on: Today at 07:47:22 AM »
Anyone watch the Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix? I rolled my eyes when they announced it and said Kevin Hart was going to host. I wanted to check the first few mins and holy shit this is brutal, loll I ended up watching an hour because it was relentless. Who knew Drew Bledsoe could do a comic standup bit. Nikki Glaser just killed it, and Kevin Hart so far has actually been funny. Randy Moss was the only dud so far, though I don't blame him.

Nikki Glaser is hilarious.   Did Bill really mention the 10-part documentary as his own roast?   

Online faizoff

« Reply #319 on: Today at 12:56:32 PM »
Nikki Glaser is hilarious.   Did Bill really mention the 10-part documentary as his own roast?   

Just watched his part, he did indeed take a dig at it. His bit was great.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: Today at 12:58:02 PM »

I want to check this out. The roasts are often pretty funny and sometimes its because of how bad the celebrity roasters are.  Nikki has been funny on these before.

Online faizoff

« Reply #321 on: Today at 01:05:22 PM »
Man they really went all out with everyone. The whole thing is 3 hours long, watched an hour last night, some today, might finish the rest later tonight. The players were more cordial after the roast but the comedians never let up.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: Today at 01:06:03 PM »
Now I know Jeffrey Ross is on, I'm going to check it out.  Apparently Brady got up and whispered in his ear "Knock that shit off" when Ross mentioned the massage parlor incident; that alone makes Jeffrey Ross the GOAT in my eyes, since I now despise Robert Kraft that backstabbing self-aggrandizing son of a bitch.

Online faizoff

« Reply #323 on: Today at 01:12:13 PM »
Now I know Jeffrey Ross is on, I'm going to check it out.  Apparently Brady got up and whispered in his ear "Knock that shit off" when Ross mentioned the massage parlor incident; that alone makes Jeffrey Ross the GOAT in my eyes, since I now despise Robert Kraft that backstabbing self-aggrandizing son of a bitch.

There's a theme in the whole thing which you tend to realize, the comedians just go all out no holds barred on anyone, like literally anyone, the kids, the family, everyone! The players hold back a bit. Brady's thing got caught in the mic to Jeff Ross about "don't say that shit again", which have prompted people online to speculate it may have been a planned bit, but who the hell knows.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #324 on: Today at 01:13:42 PM »
There's a theme in the whole thing which you tend to realize, the comedians just go all out no holds barred on anyone, like literally anyone, the kids, the family, everyone! The players hold back a bit. Brady's thing got caught in the mic to Jeff Ross about "don't say that shit again", which have prompted people online to speculate it may have been a planned bit, but who the hell knows.

And I have no doubt that Jeffrey Ross was like "whatever, dude". He's certainly said a lot worse about a lot better people than Bob Kraft.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: Today at 02:59:49 PM »
Jeff Ross is usually the best, got a picture with him somewhere from one of those big comedy tours like 5 or so years ago that he hosted but during sets would just wonder the crowd and chat with people.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #326 on: Today at 03:07:35 PM »
I haven't seen it, but from what I've read that wasn't the joke. The joke was TB12 offering to give RKK a "massage." Huge difference.  :lol

I guess I'd have to see it, but it'd be interesting if he felt the need to stand up for his own masculinity more than his beloved former boss and friend.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #327 on: Today at 06:41:30 PM »
I wish Greg Giraldo was still alive. Best roaster ever. I usually binge watch his old roasts once a year.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: Today at 09:47:50 PM »
I wish Greg Giraldo was still alive. Best roaster ever. I usually binge watch his old roasts once a year.

I gave up on these roasts when they started becoming more of a mainstream thing, and have no interest in watching this one. But I would think differently if Greg Giraldo was still alive and participated in this.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'