Author Topic: Official Yes Top 50 Countdown Thread! - Lists Due by May 4 (LET'S DO THIS!!)  (Read 1309 times)

Offline pg1067

It's not rocket science, folks.

Also, I get someone like Tim not being familiar with enough songs.  However, if you know Yes, you're probably REALLY familiar with at least The Yes Album through 90125, and that's more than 50 songs.  If you only want to rank songs on those albums, that's perfectly fine and shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes.  Heck...my own list didn't include anything from the last 25 years.

We're at 10 lists now, by the way.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
It's not rocket science, folks.

Also, I get someone like Tim not being familiar with enough songs.  However, if you know Yes, you're probably REALLY familiar with at least The Yes Album through 90125, and that's more than 50 songs.  If you only want to rank songs on those albums, that's perfectly fine and shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes.  Heck...my own list didn't include anything from the last 25 years.

We're at 10 lists now, by the way.

This was the approach I took, I popped all those songs on the OP into the ranking site provided and was like "uhhhhh" lol

Then I went back and just did the discography through 90125 and another couple ones i really like like Union, Fly From Here, etc and it made it a lot easier
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline pg1067

The one that took me the most time was Rush because I did all 165 album tracks plus Broon's Bane.  However, for every other countdown, I've done an abbreviated list, which is usually 10-15 more than the list amount.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
In as FLYNN!!!!  Gosh darn it, that was hard.  I have 168 songs on my list (I omitted Heaven and Earth, and the two most recent albums).   My 90 or so through 140 is a mess, because there's just not a lot of separation there.  The last 20 is clear and for good reason (I'll post my bottom 10 when Paul tells me I can).   

My top ten, though, is GLORIOUS.

Offline pg1067

My 90 or so through 140 is a mess, because there's just not a lot of separation there.  The last 20 is clear and for good reason (I'll post my bottom 10 when Paul tells me I can).   

My top ten, though, is GLORIOUS.

EVERYONE's top 10 is glorious.  Yes has about 25 songs that are top-10 worthy.  Your 90-140 sounds like my Rush list.  Whatever it was I had at 135 probably could have easily swapped with my #108 song.