Author Topic: Doc's Roulette 4.0 Stock Shenanigans Round 1 results - Submit, buy and sell  (Read 5064 times)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
I will add this to the first page, but here is how the stack ranking will affect stock prices:

Best song of the round - $10 share increase
2nd +$8 increase
3rd +$6 increase
4th +$4 increase
5th +$2 increase
6th no change
7th -$2 decrease
8th -$4 decrease
9th -$6 decrease
10th -$8 decrease
last -$10 decrease

Each share sold decreases the price by $3 per share

I expect dividends to be between $3 and $7 per share

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
So what do we do now?

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
So what do we do now?

Check out the songs you are not familiar with.  If there is a song on the list you think I will like, state you would like to buy a share of that song.  You may buy two songs if you choose, but if you go that route you must also short a share to ensure you would have the money to cover the expense.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
I'll buy a share of the Moron Police song. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
Seriously, fuck Spotify.  It’s fucking garbage.  Adding songs to the playlist, dropping ads in the middle of songs. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Isn't it $50 to buy a share?  We only have $25 each leftover, so I have to be missing something. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Even without hearing everything, I'm about 90% confident in who sent what. 

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Seriously, fuck Spotify.  It’s fucking garbage.  Adding songs to the playlist, dropping ads in the middle of songs.
I can send mp3's of all my songs if you'd like. I hate Spotify as well, I only use it to put together playlists for roulettes since it seems like most people around here use it.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
That complicates things for everyone trying to listen to a playlist though.  This is probably a roulette where sending an obscure song not on streaming might actually be a disadvantage. 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I guess if I listen to these playlists, those songs will then become banned for my roulette.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
You will be using your dividends to buy the share, as well as money from shorting a share if you go that route.  You can always sell the share in the stock round if you don’t have faith in the president once you find out who it is :xbones

Spotify will work, it was just annoying when it started playing an ad in the middle of a song, and then put a song on that it decided should be in the list.  And if a song isn’t on shitify, I’ll find a way to get it to everyone who wants to check it out.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
I guess if I listen to these playlists, those songs will then become banned for my roulette.

I may very well change my submission based on DTVT's rankings, but my tentative one slated for next round here is actually one I considered for yours but couldn't find a good spot for. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
You will be using your dividends to buy the share

Ah, so we don't have to have the money now, just as long as it reconciles by the end of the round. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Ok, if dividends are expected to be $3-$7 per share, and we each have three shares, even on the high end that's not enough for anyone to buy anything.  $25 + $21 = $46, not enough for a $50 share.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Err, wait, the share price has gone down on most of the companies due to people purchasing shares.  But we don't know for certain which is which yet.  But if people tried to buy Puppies' or Stadler's, for example, they probably wouldn't have enough. 

Edit:  But if you had a fourth share, that could be another $7, which would be enough, but that only works on the high end.  This truly is roulette, risking bankruptcy on the first round. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 10:38:00 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

The free version of Spotify is garbage.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
You will be using your dividends to buy the share, as well as money from shorting a share if you go that route.  You can always sell the share in the stock round if you don’t have faith in the president once you find out who it is :xbones

Spotify will work, it was just annoying when it started playing an ad in the middle of a song, and then put a song on that it decided should be in the list.  And if a song isn’t on shitify, I’ll find a way to get it to everyone who wants to check it out.
You should be able to turn off the setting where it starts playing other "recommended songs", unless that's only on Spotify Premium?

The free version of all these services is indeed pretty rubbish, but paid for Spotify is amazing.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Also a question - presumably we don't need to already have a share in a company to short sell like you would with real shares, as we don't know for certain which song is from which company (although a lot are quite obvious).

I be am boner inducing.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Ok, if dividends are expected to be $3-$7 per share, and we each have three shares, even on the high end that's not enough for anyone to buy anything.  $25 + $21 = $46, not enough for a $50 share.
We also have 10 shares of our own company.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
The free version of Spotify is garbage.
The paid version of Spotify is garbage lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
We also have 10 shares of our own company.

From the OP - "The president has 10 shares of their company that cannot be sold"

With respect to dividends, I'm assuming they are determined by the individual song each round.  Or is it a more subjective accumulation of the performance of all of the submissions by the company/President?  Say, by Round 4 I've had 3 mediocre submissions, but then send the song of the round ... will that produce a large dividend, or one more middle of the road?  Additionally, I'm assuming that dividends earned are also given against the 10 shares we each own on our company.  Ie, if my submission earns a $4 dividend this round, I then have $40 + whatever dividend is produced by the submissions of Joe/RJ/Kade + $25 cash balance I'm starting with.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Aha, that's the piece of the puzzle I was overlooking, that we also receive dividends on our preexisting 10 shares of our own company.  So that's certainly enough to buy another song even if shareholder movement and asset evaluation is less than rosy. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Ok, I want to purchase a share of Spiritbox.  But that's not my favorite song of theirs, so let's augment it by attaching "The Mara Effect, Pt. I". 

https://open.spotify.com/track/0nSs7VI50BrQv7StFpHiIf

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
I should also say, someone sent a different Brymir song in my roulette, and it only did ok, but the one in this round is way, way better, I was tempted to invest in it instead, but I don't know their discography. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Would like to buy shares for Nuclear Power Trio - Critical Bass Theory.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
What the hell, I'll buy a share in the Brymir song. It's bloody good.

I be am boner inducing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So, I have to listen to what other people sent?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

Yup.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

The only thing you *have* to do is breathe.   :biggrin:

@ Doc... when is the deadline to declare any purchases?  I'm not sure I'll get to the playlist today, but should be able to tomorrow.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
Prices won’t change til end of round.  You are buying and selling at current price, which is $50 for all companies.

Thank you JazzLitho for playing the game as I hoped.

Tuesday morning I plan on closing trading.  Want to give you the weekend
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 10:32:53 PM by Dr. DTVT »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Tuesday morning I plan on closing trading.  Want to give you the weekend

Tuesday morning has passed.  WRT to purchasing based on the song list, did you mean Wednesday morning?

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't use Spotify on my commute or at work, but I'll try and listen to some of these tomorrow.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
I can't use Spotify on my commute or at work, but I'll try and listen to some of these tomorrow.

Is that because you have to use a VPN for it?

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Is that because you have to use a VPN for it?

Yeah and somehow it doesn't work on my phone even with VPN. It asks me to download their app, the app asks me to log in, I log in using VPN, the app says "unfortunately we can't let you login while using VPN, please turn the VPN off" and if I do that, the app says Spotify is blocked in this country. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Well that sucks.